Become a Patron!

Are we all 'vaping' outside - restaurants, bars, etc. ?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I'm going out this evening for a bit and would like to know who of you are or are not smoking indoors.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've found places that allow vaping and chose to go to them.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Restaurants I will go outside unless they've got a smoking section (rare but I know a few places still). The bars I go to the owner vapes so it's pretty commonly accepted that vaping indoors is allowed, smoking is not.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know of vape friendly places and places where you have to sit on the patio with the cigar smokers.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just hit it on the walk from the car to the restaurant door and I'm good. I never used to go outside to smoke once I was seated, either. But I also don't go anywhere that I have to sit waiting an hour for a table. Fuck that.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm going out this evening for a bit and would like to know who of you are or are not smoking indoors.

Smoking? I haven't smoked in over 2 and a half years. Nowadays I vape. Usually I go outside, but NEVER around the smokers, ugh, what a stench. However if it's pouring down rain, I'll go in the ladies and in my stall, I'll have a few sneaky puffs, which is very easy when you vape 86% PG at 10w. But if it's a stinky bathroom, I'll go out and sit in our truck.

I don't honestly know if restaurants would have a problem with vaping, but we don't go out much. Even if I had to wait till we were all done and leaving, it's much easier now with vaping than it ever was with smoking. We never go to bars since we don't drink, but bars around here allow smoking, which is just another reason not to go in them. :D

Andria

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I end up doing it outside where the smokers are if I need to that badly. I can go much longer without vaping than I could have went without smoking. It is no big deal really. Sometimes I will sneak a tootle puff in the grocery, but grocery shopping with a bunch of inconsiderate people that stand in my way tries my patience.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape in all sorts of places that have "No Vaping!" signs posted. Haven't been asked to stop yet. (Or haven't been caught yet. Pick one.)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I vape with smokers whenever possible - sometimes I'll vape if I wasn't going to just to if I see smokers outside and I'm passing by.

I think it's important to vape in front of smokers if it won't temp you to have a cigarette - it sets a good example

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Restaurants I will go outside unless they've got a smoking section (rare but I know a few places still). The bars I go to the owner vapes so it's pretty commonly accepted that vaping indoors is allowed, smoking is not.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

Cool that your friends vape or at get it! Lucky man.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Our evening went well. I won a game of Bar Bingo. $35 on an $3 investment. Our friend & hubby met us there. 6:30-8:30.

I vaped in the bar area tonight. Post 44 American Legion. I used to belong to the one up north, Post 6, but moved..... We were there with friends. I blew a HUGE plume upward last time we were there. A waitress came over and said, "I can't do that." I asked her to show me a sign. Boink, out the door she went and I haven't seen her since.

But with vaping in public and general, I we should that DO what smokers usually ....to smoke.
We were all smokers. There is a time and a place.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll vape with the smokers outside, just so that I have a change to talk to them about vaping instead of smoking.
Granted, I don't get out much, but when I do i talk about it.

BTW -- Thank you @Whiskey for giving me some of the VU cards --- they are almost gone.
Who can I hit up for more of them?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll vape with the smokers outside, just so that I have a change to talk to them about vaping instead of smoking.
Granted, I don't get out much, but when I do i talk about it.

BTW -- Thank you @Whiskey for giving me some of the VU cards --- they are almost gone.
Who can I hit up for more of them?
Send me your address I'll get some more off to you:)

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Outdoors for me. Smoking or vaping is not allowed indoors in a public building here for the most part. There are some specific regulations based off if a Vape Shop has a certain style of HVAC system/ fresh air intake system but I've never looked deeply into it because I don't own a public building.
At home I always smoked outside because one of my kids has athsma so I vape outside at home for that reason.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes because it the law........ legally in California vaping = smoking....

Even before the laws I didn't and wouldn't even consider vaping anywhere I wouldn't smoke at. Except inside the house.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, it was a nice time and my friends and I actually vaped in stealth inside the restaurant/bar. I also went outside in the smoking section when I needed a few good vapes. I was using My.Von Erl inside and my Pico and Clieto outside. We were at the American Legion Post 44.

Wow. That Von Erl is really good.

VU Sponsors