Become a Patron!

Asmodus Minikin Reborn & Boost Review By DeucesJack

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is mine called the V1.5, and not the boost?? I thought that the boost and 1.5 was the same mod.
e4cc7ec06246ace491ec8a6886ed25da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So is mine called the V1.5, and not the boost?? I thought that the boost and 1.5 was the same mod.
e4cc7ec06246ace491ec8a6886ed25da.jpg

From what I know the Minikin 1.5 and the Boost are different models. Asmodus does not mention the 1.5 having the curve feature on their website. I don't have a 1.5 but from what I'm told from Asmodus the Boost uses a tweaked version of the Minikin V2 board made for physical buttons.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I know the Minikin 1.5 and the Boost are different models. Asmodus does not mention the 1.5 having the curve feature on their website. I don't have a 1.5 but from what I'm told from Asmodus the Boost uses a tweaked version of the Minikin V2 board made for physical buttons.

Thanks pal. I've only had it a month, and just thought the v1.5 and boost was the same mod, nothing beats my V3 though, I can vape it all day easily without a battery charge, and it not only looks good, it feels do comfortable in your hand too. Thanks for your help.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks pal. I've only had it a month, and just thought the v1.5 and boost was the same mod, nothing beats my V3 though, I can vape it all day easily without a battery charge, and it not only looks good, it feels do comfortable in your hand too. Thanks for your help.

Spell check ""V2"" not V3.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Np bro. Just got my hands on a V2 and I love it as well. Review coming soon.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Deuces how is your boost and reborn holding up now it's been awhile?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree, outstanding mods! I keep the v2 in rotation and love it, one of absolute favorite mods. I'm excited about their cubed and lustra.
For sure, I'm at the World Vapor Expo in Miami right now and I thought they'd be showing them. The Stabwood V2's are beautiful. Dropping at the show for $300 or 2 for $500.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For sure, I'm at the World Vapor Expo in Miami right now and I thought they'd be showing them. The Stabwood V2's are beautiful. Dropping at the show for $300 or 2 for $500.

I see I responded late, didn't get your post til a few minutes ago. Its be cool to have a stabwood version for sure. I've yet to get a stabwood mod

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
That's odd. I know the Minikin 1.5 is 150 watts. Not sure if it has a curve feature or not.

So what do you think of the Lustro? I bought mine in red because the black and white were used for all of the preview pictures and i was sick of looking at them. The red is amazing IMHO and i never really looked at the mods paint finishes with a very critical eye before but after reading your review i can't stop judging the paint on every mod I touch. So thank you and damn you for that LOL. I do agree the finishes on the minikin mods and now the Lustro are top notch. I love my reborn...scratch that... I love every version of the Minikin and now the Lustro as well. Just all around reliable, solid, powerful and beautiful mods.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So what do you think of the Lustro? I bought mine in red because the black and white were used for all of the preview pictures and i was sick of looking at them. The red is amazing IMHO and i never really looked at the mods paint finishes with a very critical eye before but after reading your review i can't stop judging the paint on every mod I touch. So thank you and damn you for that LOL. I do agree the finishes on the minikin mods and now the Lustro are top notch. I love my reborn...scratch that... I love every version of the Minikin and now the Lustro as well. Just all around reliable, solid, powerful and beautiful mods.
Thank you for the kind words. I like most of the stuff Asmodus puts out. I just reviewed the EOS. I did a full review of the Lustro here.

https://www.vapinginsider.com/asmodus-lustro-review/

Tomorrow I have their new squonker the Pumper being delivered. Glad I was able to help you find some mods you truly enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
Thank you for the kind words. I like most of the stuff Asmodus puts out. I just reviewed the EOS. I did a full review of the Lustro here.

https://www.vapinginsider.com/asmodus-lustro-review/

Tomorrow I have their new squonker the Pumper being delivered. Glad I was able to help you find some mods you truly enjoy.

SQUONKER??? THEY HAVE A SQUONKER COMING OUT? Why have i not been informed? Oh, because i am nobody LOL. I am REALLY looking forward to THAT review and I am going to your Lustro review NOW. Thanks for the info.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SQUONKER??? THEY HAVE A SQUONKER COMING OUT? Why have i not been informed? Oh, because i am nobody LOL. I am REALLY looking forward to THAT review and I am going to your Lustro review NOW. Thanks for the info.
Lol they have done a few Squonkers. The Spruzza and Luna I also reviewed.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes and i have the Luna. I was reading your reply as a Minikin Style device and regulated. I guess i made that leap by assumption. My bad.
Yeah I like the Luna. The Spruzza has a Minikin like chipset but it's definitely a different sort of squonker and no where near the same form factor as the Minikin V2.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 Minikin V2, one in raw, one in purple, I also have the boost for about a year now, the side +- buttons stick like crazy, and the screen is so dim it's hard to see anything, although my V2's are still working brilliant after about a year since brand new, the boost I have to say is really bad,
320cc82b8dd48b96382abb023596ee59.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
So I guess you could say that this thread is being REBORN hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I am a bit of an Asmodus enthusiast. I hunt on a regular basis for deals on products I already have and enjoy because of future breakdown. There are certain mods I will always HAVE to have. The Minikin v2 is one of them and I have 4 of those now and one of them is a Kodama (killer deal $123) and the Lustro has become very much a mainstay in my rotation and I have 3 of them all great deals. My first Lustro did not like the Dead Rabbit as the res bounced all over like a basketball but now has magically stopped bouncing and works great. I like the 1.5 and the reborn as well but do not use them as much as I used to. So yeah post away my friend I will follow with enthusiasm!

Bringing this thread back to life.......
The Minikin V2 rocks.... I love it... Let's see all stabwoods.....All.....
dcbf2906cb7b2e3389d68b4267847174.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I guess you could say that this thread is being REBORN hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I am a bit of an Asmodus enthusiast. I hunt on a regular basis for deals on products I already have and enjoy because of future breakdown. There are certain mods I will always HAVE to have. The Minikin v2 is one of them and I have 4 of those now and one of them is a Kodama (killer deal $123) and the Lustro has become very much a mainstay in my rotation and I have 3 of them all great deals. My first Lustro did not like the Dead Rabbit as the res bounced all over like a basketball but now has magically stopped bouncing and works great. I like the 1.5 and the reborn as well but do not use them as much as I used to. So yeah post away my friend I will follow with enthusiasm!
Yeah it's hard to find a good deal mine was like new it had 206 puffs and perfect.... I think it's the best deal I ever got on any mod.... $135.00 bucks.......

It is an amazing mod..... The batteries last days.....and days......and the colors of the Kodama are wild......
a10148ad63aee39a90a8730359f3f9fd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love wood now.... That sounded weird......
a4833eb0277411320cc62b4ff861595b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors