Become a Patron!

Authentic or clone?

misa0890

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's up guys, I purchased a supposedly authentic Tugboat v2 limited edition anarchist about 2 weeks ago and I just noticed that the picture of the Anarchist and Tugboat logo are posted on and no engraved. I was told that authentic Tugboats are always engraved and not posted on. I had a friend of mine tell me that the actual RDA is authentic and it'd just the Anarchist cap thats a clone.

Another problem I had was that the cotton would still be wet with juice but I would get a dry hit. I'm not sure if it's the RDA or just the coil. I make sure to drip directly on top of the coil first before I drip the cotton.

I was phpxtRxYJAM.jpg phpt4g5drAM.jpg phpQemJEIAM.jpg phpJyCTRZAM.jpg phpM5Ee3IAM.jpg also told the cap was supposed to have three holes instead of two. The topcap is also very difficult to disassemble. I can't take it apart without using tools (which I don't wanna do because it'll damage the cap).

I just want to know if the entire thing is authentic or a clone or just the topcap is a clone. Thanks in advance. phpxtRxYJAM.jpg

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well now , I vote Clone . Those posts look funny .

misa0890

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That might be just because the posts are soaked with juice (I noticed I didn't dry them after I wicked it)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure, about clone or not. However regarding your dry hits, could be too much cotton. In addition, can't tell by the pictures, but the coils ID seem to be pretty small. I prefer 2.5-3 mm ID. Also makes for easier wicking.

tony09

Member For 4 Years
I don't know about the RDA being a clone or not, and I'm pretty new to coil building. I was getting dry hits like that too with a wet wick. My problem was the cotton was too tight in the coils. I rewicked with less cotton and it made all the difference.

VU Sponsors