Become a Patron!

Awesome Video for Vaping 101 for Beginners

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks found someone streaming 1 on vaper. TV so I went and checked it out thought it was a great job this person did and really good info for newbies :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

A pen is nice for occasions, but you want a variable wattage that can go at least 75 watts. It is called a single 1865 device 18650 is a device that holds a single 18650 battery as implied an 18650 is the (18 the centimeter or diameter and the 650 centimeters long the default right now and has been for awhile) battery and can be pretty cheap nowadays. I've got one from a shop for $15. The battery does not come with it but is easy to find. Different prices for different batteries, but if you buy from legit stores or websites are all safe as long as you use a reusable coil (the coil should tell you what you should run it at (what wattage) or most likely tank). Unless you build your coils which are cheaper (same with juice) wich I don't recommend until you understand what is safe (via the amp vs. ressistance). A variable wattage device will run everything literally until you get into more advanced stuff and most of them will protect you from almost anything (as long as your using reason).

Hi Guys, this is Dennis,

I have been a vaper for about 8 years already. I know a lot of you just started using e-cigarette. I know it’s so difficult to find a way on how to use properly, what needs to be done to maintain your unit and what do need to do as a beginner.

I’ve watched hundreds of tutorials online, but nothing beats this simple, clear-to-the-cut video here:
REMOVED, AFFILIATE LINK

Click the link above, and you’ll land on an intermediate page, just click “I am not a robot” to continue, and you’ll land on the best YouTube video on beginners guide to vaping where it shows step-by-step on how to start vaping and helping you out to a better health

I hope that someone show me this when I first learning how to use my vape or take care of my unit . That could save me hours and hours of banging my head on the wall, trying different methods out and how to take care of my unit

Again, you can watch the tutorial here: REMOVED, AFFILIATE LINK

I’m most 100% sure this tutorial is going to blow your mind away.

I’m a long time user of vape products and I’m here to help you out. I want to make sure to spread what I have learned and share all the videos I can to make sure you can properly use and take care your unit.

Hope this helps :)

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Head spinner... it’s a lot of info! But great info. I’m looking to take my vaping up a notch... Ive started with the flint kit about 2 months ago... and use cigalikes when the kit is out of commission (waiting on coils atm).

I like the FK ok... but I don’t get the throat hits like I’d like. I’m more about the flavor now, but I don’t want to dismiss the appeal of the cloud either. I was hoping my next (RTA?) set up could be a combo of pre-fab coils with rebuildable coil option. This way it’s useable and has the safety features to rely on as I’m learning. I think (per the videos) the VapeShark qualifies for this... am I correct? Or would someone recommend a better choice?

Squonking reeeeally looks like my ideal, but I know I’d be in over my head right now with that. I’m excited for the gear developments in that area!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
While I do not recommend a mechanical for a beginner much rather you be informed then use on an not be informed so here is
Battery Safety for a Mechanical Mod

I didn't watch the whole thing because of the so called 35A 18650 reference. Which doesn't exist and never has...
... and then it said an unregulated mod has no chip. Incorrect. Unregulated has a chip. Mech (mechanical) has no chip.
That's where I stopped.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't watch the whole thing because of the so called 35A 18650 reference. Which doesn't exist and never has...
... and then it said an unregulated mod has no chip. Incorrect. Unregulated has a chip. Mech (mechanical) has no chip.
That's where I stopped.
All mech mods are unregulated mods, but not all unregulated mods are mech mods. The vast majority of unregulated mods that are NOT mech mods are true PWM mods. The Steam Crave Titan PWM mod is a prime example of a regulated mod that is falsely advertised as being a PWM mod, and, the battery door on that one is such a tight fit that it can easily dent the batteries, thereby it can cause the batteries to short circuit theirself internally after which the batteries can explode all of a sudden with no prior sign of warning─it is a very dangerous mod indeed. My personal favorite unregulated mod that isn't a mech mod is this:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For ban survival (hoarding), for me it's the device that uses a single 18650 battery, nothing in the device to burn out, though the battery connection will eventually wear out. That's why you hoard bunches of them. The single 18650 is said to be about equal to the electronic cigarette in safety, but I know that to be dependent on the quality of the 18650, and there is a wide range of quality in the market. Spend on the best 18650 and add a fuse for safety. I like the Bolt mod, and you can still get them here and there. They're cheap. I really like the plastic Bolt mod, because it feels warm and more squishy than the brushed metal one, but I think the market has been cleaned out of the plastic ones. The brushed metal comes in lots of colors, is attractive, has a side firing button, and a big enough flat bottom to stand up on its own. That's why I never really liked the Ego-T pen. You had to get a rubber thingy to stand it up, or else be knocking it over all the time.

The Bolt vapes nicely. When I read about it, it was said to be about equal in power to the Ego-T, not for cloud chasers, but I used one for several weeks before deciding to hoard them toward the nanny apocalypse, and I found it to be better than the old Ego-T, easier pull, better clouds (but definitely not cloud competition material). The battery lasts a whole 24 hours between re-charges.

There are lots of beautiful mods with the firing button on the bottom, which I don't care for. It just doesn't seem ergonomic. I have one beautiful stainless steel Kato Hammer mod, original with serial number, uses a single battery, but I save it for a really rainy day because it's a vape museum piece.

It's the fuse that's getting harder and harder to find. If you see a vape seller that has the fuses, buy all they have.

I'm still using my trusty eLeafs, but with hoarded Bolts I feel secure about the vaping end game.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For ban survival (hoarding), for me it's the device that uses a single 18650 battery, nothing in the device to burn out, though the battery connection will eventually wear out. That's why you hoard bunches of them. The single 18650 is said to be about equal to the electronic cigarette in safety, but I know that to be dependent on the quality of the 18650, and there is a wide range of quality in the market. Spend on the best 18650 and add a fuse for safety. I like the Bolt mod, and you can still get them here and there. They're cheap. I really like the plastic Bolt mod, because it feels warm and more squishy than the brushed metal one, but I think the market has been cleaned out of the plastic ones. The brushed metal comes in lots of colors, is attractive, has a side firing button, and a big enough flat bottom to stand up on its own. That's why I never really liked the Ego-T pen. You had to get a rubber thingy to stand it up, or else be knocking it over all the time.

The Bolt vapes nicely. When I read about it, it was said to be about equal in power to the Ego-T, not for cloud chasers, but I used one for several weeks before deciding to hoard them toward the nanny apocalypse, and I found it to be better than the old Ego-T, easier pull, better clouds (but definitely not cloud competition material). The battery lasts a whole 24 hours between re-charges.

There are lots of beautiful mods with the firing button on the bottom, which I don't care for. It just doesn't seem ergonomic. I have one beautiful stainless steel Kato Hammer mod, original with serial number, uses a single battery, but I save it for a really rainy day because it's a vape museum piece.

It's the fuse that's getting harder and harder to find. If you see a vape seller that has the fuses, buy all they have.

I'm still using my trusty eLeafs, but with hoarded Bolts I feel secure about the vaping end game.
The Bolt mech squonker (not to be confused with the Bolt tube mech by Comp Lyfe) is indeed a very high quality mod, it really is durable, but still nevertheless you have to be careful with the silver 510 that's a bit more delicate than most 510s─and despite I don't consider that a con. Navigate to 9:04 in the video below to find out what I mean about that.

Personally, I, am more a fan of the non squonking variety of mech mods, mostly tubes─also including stacked and some multistacked ones─and a few box mechs. 18650, 20700, 21700 or 26650, doesn't factually matter that much to me in the end because different coil builds can use different power levels to vape great, and the battery runtime is less a concern to me as long as I don't have to schlep around more than 4 spare batteries with me, which I never do. From a strictly convenience standpoint, how I like to vape just consumes far too much juice for squonking to be worth the extra hassle. Maybe if they'd design a squonker with a 30ml squonk bottle I might reconsider my view.

As for your take on battery safety, it's not just a simple matter of choosing the right battery. Choosing the right one is only the first logical step that gets you there. Equally as important are subtopics like not misusing/mishandling the battery, understanding key concepts of which classical mistakes can cause a battery to fail, getting to know the mechanics of the mod in question, the proper safe handling (and maintenance) procedures, and learning to build a better coil─for safety AND the sake of performance.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Bolt mech squonker (not to be confused with the Bolt tube mech by Comp Lyfe) is indeed a very high quality mod, it really is durable, but still nevertheless you have to be careful with the silver 510 that's a bit more delicate than most 510s─and despite I don't consider that a con. Navigate to 9:04 in the video below to find out what I mean about that.

Personally, I, am more a fan of the non squonking variety of mech mods, mostly tubes─also including stacked and some multistacked ones─and a few box mechs. 18650, 20700, 21700 or 26650, doesn't factually matter that much to me in the end because different coil builds can use different power levels to vape great, and the battery runtime is less a concern to me as long as I don't have to schlep around more than 4 spare batteries with me, which I never do. From a strictly convenience standpoint, how I like to vape just consumes far too much juice for squonking to be worth the extra hassle. Maybe if they'd design a squonker with a 30ml squonk bottle I might reconsider my view.

As for your take on battery safety, it's not just a simple matter of choosing the right battery. Choosing the right one is only the first logical step that gets you there. Equally as important are subtopics like not misusing/mishandling the battery, understanding key concepts of which classical mistakes can cause a battery to fail, getting to know the mechanics of the mod in question, the proper safe handing (and maintenance) procedures, and learning to build a better coil─for safety AND the sake of performance.
Thank you. I've thought about trying a squonker. Still don't know if I will, because I really enjoy the eLeaf for now, and happy with the MANY plastic bolt mods I hoarded a few years ago for the apocalypse.

"Equally as important are subtopics like not misusing/mishandling the battery, understanding key concepts of which classical mistakes can cause a battery to fail, getting to know the mechanics of the mod in question, the proper safe handing (and maintenance) procedures..."

Absolutely, I agree, and I don't think the fuse is emphasized enough in the discussions.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This whole idea of videos for newbies is a wonderful one. I remember how enthralled I was by vape review channels, how happy it made me feel to be making the permanent transition away from cigarettes, how much I enjoyed the personalities of the reviewers and teachers in videos, the ideas they shared, the real support they provided, the world of possibilities they presented. Many of the ones I liked are still there, providing the happy time.

VU Sponsors