Become a Patron!

Batteries are acting weird

ive had a SMOK AL85 for about two years and have had a portable charger that’s worked fine for a few months now. Both batteries simultaneously started taking forever to charge and the AL85 is saying that I need a battery change even though it shows that the battery is half full on the screen. Bought two new batteries and I’m still getting the same thing. Just time for a new mod???

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Tim :wave:

Either that or the portable charger isn’t charging the cells properly ...I’d start there probably, what charger do you have?

If you load brand new batteries without charging they are never at full charge as it damages them leaving them at full capacity for too long so companies leave them at about 3.4-3.6v when storing and shipping

Hey thanks. I have a LUC Mini EFEST. I also bought another charger that I have at home and I can’t remember that chargers’s brand. I bought that charger to replace the LUC mini thinking it could fix the problem but I’m getting the same results. And with new batteries I also drain them before giving the first charge

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If 2 different chargers are "not charging", (according to the one and only mod), I'd suspect the mod.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does your charger use a 5 volt wall adapter?
Did you use the same one and is it/they rated at 2.5 qamps or so?

Also poor performing batteries will cause a low battery issue with a mod if running at a fairly high wattage. tith some cells only 40-50 watts will cause this to show up as the cell voltage of a poor performing cell can bottom out under load.

VU Sponsors