Become a Patron!

Batteries not charging?

I was wondering if I might be able to get a little insight to an issue I'm having, I'm new to the forum and vaping in general, I'd love to grow my knowledge and be able to contribute to the forum in the future; but I digress. I bought a charger with batteries on Amazon, a pair of 18650 of course. The batteries are good, that's not the issue. I cannot for the life of me get the charger to charge any batteries in general. The charger charges at DC 4.2V 650mAh, I'm not sure if that's what most chargers charge at because like I said I'm new to vaping so I'm out of ideas aha. Thanks for any help in advance and my mistake if I'm posting in the wrong section. Thanks again, -Brendan EDIT:Also I've had the batteries on charge for about two hours and I can barely even get the coils hot to the touch.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU!

What brand, and kind of batteries did you buy?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, it will take more than two hours to charge any batteries at this Ampere rate.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I've had the batteries on charge for about two hours and I can barely even get the coils hot to the touch.

The fact that those batteries are in no way suitable for vaping still doesn't explain why they are not charging.

When batteries are in a charger don't screw with them, don't pull them in and out of the charger to check if they work, leave them in the charger until they are fully charged.

How hot you can get your coil is not an indication of how charged your batteries are, their voltage is.
What charger are you using?

So to figure out why you can't get those coils hot give us some more info, like which mod are you using and at what wattage, which atty are you using and with what build and resistance.

I'm using a cherry bomber clone mech mod, the batteries are the ones in the Amazon link above, oddly enough I actually have one of the LG Batteries Neunerball suggested. Got it from my friend who also vapes. I have a Dark Horse V2 RDA with two dragon coils I got from my friend also. I'm not sure the resistance or anything because they're pre made coils so I figured they'd be good. Thanks again,

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm using a cherry bomber clone mech mod, the batteries are the ones in the Amazon link above, oddly enough I actually have one of the LG Batteries Neunerball suggested. Got it from my friend who also vapes. I have a Dark Horse V2 RDA with two dragon coils I got from my friend also. I'm not sure the resistance or anything because they're pre made coils so I figured they'd be good. Thanks again,
Get a good Ohm meter (http://www.shop.usaohmmeters.com), when you are using mech mods, like a Cherry Bomber! IMO, the Cherry Bomber deserves it's name. It's a bomb! Too many problems with this mod, that I've seen, reading posts about it!
For a mech mod, I'd rather use http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/lg-hd2c?variant=17881459588.
BTW, if you have a dual 18650 mod, you want to pair the batteries, in order to avoid other issues regarding battery safety.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While $8 is a geat price on a charger and 2 batteries a 4200mah cell will not have the discharge capability to be safe when used for vaping unless it is being used with a very low amp draw high resistance 1.8ohm+ single coil build.
Even then I just wouldn't trust putting that battery anywhere near my face and pushing the button... don't end up in the news, use the LG's your friend gave you.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using a mech box with shitty batteries like these that are barely good enough to be used in a flashlight and with a coil of unknown resistance is just an accident waiting to happen.

VU Sponsors