Become a Patron!

Been vaping about year, and absolutely can't stop buying new stuff!

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I moved into a new apartment last March, I couldn't smoke inside. So I decided to vape instead. I started out just trying to replace smoking and spend as little money as possible. Smoke thallos s was my first mod. It kinda sucked so I moved on to a drag x. Then as soon as I bought my first box mod and rta, it was over with. Its now turned into a full fledged hobby, I've spent way more money than I'd like to admit. I spin my own Clapton's, use rebuild able exclusively and here am now. I've been a member on ecig forum for a while now. I've sold and bought from ecig forum. I've only bought one here because I think people maybe weary of new members with no post, but I'm posting now! I hope to become a productive member in this niche online society!!!! Welcome me please 🥺 haha I'm cambford91 on ecigforum. I know boring I couldn't think of anything good like portableohmreader or fingers916 never been creative! Anyways thats my introduction. Take it as you will.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yup, shinyitis, as @Vape Fan said. It'll probably last a while. Most of us have been through it to one degree or another, and there are several different holes you can fall into if you're so inclined. I'll go ahead and warn you - Billet Boxes will hurt your bank account. $300 for a mod is only the beginning. If you're big into fancy coils and very low-resistance vaping, though, a BB might not hold much appeal for you.

Welcome to VU!

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Yup, shinyitis, as @Vape Fan said. It'll probably last a while. Most of us have been through it to one degree or another, and there are several different holes you can fall into if you're so inclined. I'll go ahead and warn you - Billet Boxes will hurt your bank account. $300 for a mod is only the beginning. If you're big into fancy coils and very low-resistance vaping, though, a BB might not hold much appeal for you.

Welcome to VU!
That's where I'm at now actually! I didn't spring for the billet box. I should've because I've already spent about as much on this stubby aio, mission orbit, veepon tita x, kylin m tank and I've had the stubby for less than 2 weeks. 💲💵💰🛑🛑🛑😓

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
That's where I'm at now actually! I didn't spring for the billet box. I should've because I've already spent about as much on this stubby aio, mission orbit, veepon tita x, kylin m tank and I've had the stubby for less than 2 weeks. 💲💵💰🛑🛑🛑😓
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Whatever you do, don't go to the hand check thread with a bad case of shinyitis. :D
Now What is this handcheck thread you speak of it ??? 🤣

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Let me know if you ever are interested in doing DIY (making your own e-liquids)
Awesome, man. I was interested before I bought a lot of the stuff and I bought vg/pg mixed 6mg nicotine a whole gallon, then I was so excited to mix up a bottle I didn't bother to shake it up. I took one drag and was sick for 2 days lol

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Lol, omg man you got me bet, how you gonna sell aod then see it for sale and think I made mistake, haha now I don't feel so bad! 🙏😎😂

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Lmao, well that guys is the king of shinyitis. I applaud that gentleman! It's goes in spurts for me I'll buy a bunch of stuff one after another, then after the newness wears off, I think geez I can't do that anymore to much cash, then I'm able to control myself not buy anything for a month or so and then it's on again. It's a vicious cycle

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome, man. I was interested before I bought a lot of the stuff and I bought vg/pg mixed 6mg nicotine a whole gallon, then I was so excited to mix up a bottle I didn't bother to shake it up. I took one drag and was sick for 2 days lol
When I first mix batches of unflavored "base", I shake it several times a day. So don't forget to...

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
When I first mix batches of unflavored "base", I shake it several times a day. So don't forget to...

Lol admittedly I should've researched more before hand, but I figured where I was buying the base and nicotine everything premixed it's be as easy as porluring it in to the bottle adding flavoring and letting it steep, but I was wrong 🤮🤮🤢

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

I may try again though and will definitely hit u up for advice, because premium liquid is the vain of my excistense, that's literally at least $100 a month if not more!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My biggest curiosity is, ... "do you squonk/squank?"

*begins hatching moderate plan to cull another for the grey/gray/gr eh side, chortles his not good but not bad manic laugh, ... "Muhahaha Hahahahaum"*

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
"My hand gets the pay check, my hand spends the pay check on funny little boxes with batteries and batty, oh atty things."
Lmao, my thought exactly, I might as well direct deposit my check to vapordna and element vape, cut out the middle man which would be me I guess haha!

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

*begins hatching moderate plan to cull another for the grey/gray/gr eh side, chortles his not good but not bad manic laugh, ... "Muhahaha Hahahahaum"*
Squonk?!?! Wth is that supposed to mean. I've never heard of such a ridiculous word!! 😏

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

💦💦all day!! Lol 😂😂 I need a dual battery one! But I just don't like the topside, it very unattractive.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was light heart sarcasm, not the mean kind let's get that clear right now lol, I actually attached a photo of my pulse v2 but for some reason it left it off when I clicked post, 😔

Borrowing a bit, possibly from a movie, at least an age old expression.

"It's all squonky until, someone gets an o-ring put out. " :D :p :)

I started out on the other board. A buddy there got me visiting here and signing up. The same buddy kept encouraging me to try mechanical mods, specifically squonkers. I got a very borderline, well, cheap-ass squonk kit.

It was a fire or explosive hazard waiting to happen. The mod itself, that is. The RDA with it was okay, still got it around "somewhere". That noted, after throwing away the cheap death trap mod, I vowed I would have another more stable squonker.

Bought one Coppervape original squonker, bought another, then another. Since then, I'm down to maybe one out of six which function. They've seen being dropped on concrete floors, one ran over by a tractor. I've bought other squonkers, most of them mechanical. Got a DovePo Topside, you're correct they are ugly. hehe. That and it's regulated lead me to put aside more often than squonk with it.

I am currently having a love and hate obsession over SQ squonkers. Also in current rotation is two Athena squonks. Like Wasp RDA, Gorge, Mongrel. Wasps are designed more for MTL, but I can manage a fair RDL off of them.

That friend has since went to the next level. Miss him a fierce but keep him in thoughts from his legacy of introducing me to squonking, and having faith in me. He knew I'd be fine to use mechanical mods, build my coils, mix a little juice. It's been a journey and that in itself is my destination, the journey. :)

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Borrowing a bit, possibly from a movie, at least an age old expression.

"It's all squonky until, someone gets an o-ring put out. " :D :p :)

I started out on the other board. A buddy there got me visiting here and signing up. The same buddy kept encouraging me to try mechanical mods, specifically squonkers. I got a very borderline, well, cheap-ass squonk kit.

It was a fire or explosive hazard waiting to happen. The mod itself, that is. The RDA with it was okay, still got it around "somewhere". That noted, after throwing away the cheap death trap mod, I vowed I would have another more stable squonker.

Bought one Coppervape original squonker, bought another, then another. Since then, I'm down to maybe one out of six which function. They've seen being dropped on concrete floors, one ran over by a tractor. I've bought other squonkers, most of them mechanical. Got a DovePo Topside, you're correct they are ugly. hehe. That and it's regulated lead me to put aside more often than squonk with it.

I am currently having a love and hate obsession over SQ squonkers. Also in current rotation is two Athena squonks. Like Wasp RDA, Gorge, Mongrel. Wasps are designed more for MTL, but I can manage a fair RDL off of them.

That friend has since went to the next level. Miss him a fierce but keep him in thoughts from his legacy of introducing me to squonking, and having faith in me. He knew I'd be fine to use mechanical mods, build my coils, mix a little juice. It's been a journey and that in itself is my destination, the journey. :)
I have had multiple mechs, they've been tubes and I've always ended up selling them! I never could get the right build, besides just simple round wire coils. I did enjoy the valerz cloud septre, but then again only with simple round. I had the stack section to it, and ohm god that just blew vape. I like a hot hit, but not that hot. I've been thing about a parallel mech, but I'm not sure if it'll hit any harder than a single battery but I guess I could in theory build lower. I love squonkimg, squonk squonk! I wouldn't mind having a mech squonk something in a 21700. I was think about the defiant ts or D's but it's just ridiculous a triple battery mod that only fits a 24mm atty and that's with some miniscule amount of over hang! Now the pulse dual was a beautiful device, I wanted one so bad until I found out they were shit, I don't believe they ever made it right either lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have had multiple mechs, they've been tubes and I've always ended up selling them! I never could get the right build, besides just simple round wire coils. I did enjoy the valerz cloud septre, but then again only with simple round. I had the stack section to it, and ohm god that just blew vape. I like a hot hit, but not that hot. I've been thing about a parallel mech, but I'm not sure if it'll hit any harder than a single battery but I guess I could in theory build lower. I love squonkimg, squonk squonk! I wouldn't mind having a mech squonk something in a 21700. I was think about the defiant ts or D's but it's just ridiculous a triple battery mod that only fits a 24mm atty and that's with some miniscule amount of over hang! Now the pulse dual was a beautiful device, I wanted one so bad until I found out they were shit, I don't believe they ever made it right either lol.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, and yes, I know it's 18650, but try a Vandy Vape Requiem squonker. Or the kit. I have read that some people here don't like the Requiem RDA, but I have the original one and I like it a lot.

The Requiem is a small mech squonker, but it is a tiny beast. Keep the contacts clean, build your single-coil RDA with a stainless parallel coil with a resistance between 0.25 and 0.3, and it will make you happy. It's a shockingly good little squonker, especially for the price. (Get in the habit of removing the bottle when the battery needs to come out. No need to smack the mod around.)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, and yes, I know it's 18650, but try a Vandy Vape Requiem squonker. Or the kit.

Roger, Wilco in a few Mikes. Wife is out of town tonight to deal with a minor skin cancer issue. I'm keeping $50 on my Paypal for "just in case" at the moment.

This kit looks to be something I'd like & for the price I'd not feel anxious carrying it out. Have some anxiousness carrying an SQ out. They run near $200 though, retail.

Keep the contacts clean, build your single-coil RDA
Aye, definitely keep those silver contacts clean. Don't want more Athena mods. :p *chuckles*

In short, "listen to @nadalama, @nadalama is good, @nadalama is wise." She knows what she's talking about with these mods. She sent me an Athena w/ an Elder Dragon RDA. Liked the RDA, but it was difficult for me to build on. It required precise wire cutting which with me being all thumbs at times, I could not muster then. I've since learned some new dexterity "tricks". Might could manage now.

Reason for medical ma--- card? So I can cut wire precisely to vape. *lol*

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Roger, Wilco in a few Mikes. Wife is out of town tonight to deal with a minor skin cancer issue. I'm keeping $50 on my Paypal for "just in case" at the moment.

This kit looks to be something I'd like & for the price I'd not feel anxious carrying it out. Have some anxiousness carrying an SQ out. They run near $200 though, retail.

Aye, definitely keep those silver contacts clean. Don't want more Athena mods. :p *chuckles*

In short, "listen to @nadalama, @nadalama is good, @nadalama is wise." She knows what she's talking about with these mods. She sent me an Athena w/ an Elder Dragon RDA. Liked the RDA, but it was difficult for me to build on. It required precise wire cutting which with me being all thumbs at times, I could not muster then. I've since learned some new dexterity "tricks". Might could manage now.

Reason for medical ma--- card? So I can cut wire precisely to vape. *lol*

I think Central Vapors has the brass color in stock, and Cheap Vaping Deals has a coupon. Code is "Vapor25." Just sayin.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think Central Vapors has the brass color in stock, and Cheap Vaping Deals has a coupon. Code is "Vapor25." Just sayin.

Uh huh. They ought to have the Shadow King color in stock as well, iirc. Not far from getting one.

Note the power of enablers, @CBF91.

From confirmation page:

Thank you Ben !​

Your order number is 56XXXXXX

An email will be sent containing information about your purchase.

I'll like the brass one fine enough, too. :) *LOL*

Wife's fault, she's staying in a very nice hotel room and had Chinese for supper tonight. I got to nuke up a hot ham and cheese sandwich.

ETA: Crap. Cannot figure how to scan in my ID. CV the vendor needs it as an image for fed law age verification. I'm on Linux, got an HP scanner/printer, a 460 USB. Ought to be simple enough. *softly grumbles swearing in 16 languages about the Luddities being right*

ETA, Again: Yay! I got it, even took a selfie of grumpy me holding my ID card. Ha! "Eat flaming death, Smeg!"

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now the pulse dual was a beautiful device, I wanted one so bad until I found out they were shit, I don't believe they ever made it right either lol.
The Luxotic DF is from that era and way more dependable 👍. Check Wismec's US site maybe if interested (Or Eleaf US maybe?). They had them on sale a while back for around $35 IIRC. I got a bunch of them from different sale a few years ago. It's similar to the Pulse dual but designed better IMO. The electronic components are on the opposite side from where the bottle, tubing, and 510 connection are. I've been using one heavily for a couple of years.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Luxotic DF is from that era and way more dependable 👍. Check Wismec's US site maybe if interested (Or Eleaf US maybe?). They had them on sale a while back for around $35 IIRC. I got a bunch of them from different sale a few years ago. It's similar to the Pulse dual but designed better IMO. The electronic components are on the opposite side from where the bottle, tubing, and 510 connection are. I've been using one heavily for a couple of years.
I've been worried about you for 10 months. Nice to see ya resurface ;)

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I've been worried about you for 10 months. Nice to see ya resurface
Yea bro I looked everywhere for the luxotic df, it was my second choice after I realized the pulse dual was garbage. I will check it out! Thanks

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, and yes, I know it's 18650, but try a Vandy Vape Requiem squonker. Or the kit. I have read that some people here don't like the Requiem RDA, but I have the original one and I like it a lot.

The Requiem is a small mech squonker, but it is a tiny beast. Keep the contacts clean, build your single-coil RDA with a stainless parallel coil with a resistance between 0.25 and 0.3, and it will make you happy. It's a shockingly good little squonker, especially for the price. (Get in the habit of removing the bottle when the battery needs to come out. No need to smack the mod around.)
I was actually looking at that, or the thundercreations 21700, they had em in China for like 37 bucks or something I don't remember what the name of it was storm or something like that! That had the requiems for like 15 bucks some where I saw and I passed on it wish I hadnt now!

VU Sponsors