Become a Patron!

Berserker 1.5 RTA review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received berserker 1.5 rta from Vandy vape for the purpose of this review.

Berserker 1.5 rta comes in 4 colors:

- Rainbow
- Stainless steel
- Matte black
- Gun metal

sniUJdj.jpg

Specification:

Height: 32mm
Diameter: 24mm
Glass tank capacity: 2.5ml
Stainless steel tank capacity: 3ml
Weight: 63g

In the pakcage:

- Berserker 1.5 rta
- Stainless steel tank
- Spare parts
- Two coils
- Drip tip
- User manual

sHZHDLA.jpg

Berserker 1.5 rta has similar design as the original berserker, but it is not the same, berserker 1.5 is a little bit different because they wanted to improve the atomizer. On the top cap you can see similar engravings that helps with unscrewing the top cap, also on the airflow control ring you can see engravings that helps with airflow adjustment. On the new berserker there is no logo on the chamber, but we can see some engravings on the bottom of the rta, you can see here informations about manufacturer, designer and you can see the serial number.
Build quality is really good as I expected from Vandy vape, there is nothing bad about quality that I can complain, machining is really good.

5hQDPev.jpg

Drip tip:

With berserker rta 1.5 you will receive two drip tips, one will be pre installed, the other one will be in the package. Drip tips are not the same as on the original berserker. Drip tips that comes with the new berserker are little bit taller than previous drip tips and they look different. Both drip tips are designed to reduce the heat which is perfect. Top piece on the stainless steel drip tip can be removed, when you receive the rta on the top of that drip tip will be pre installed ultem piece, but in the package there will be delrin piece so you can use delrin piece if you don't like the ultem piece. Inner diameter of the drip tip is 3mm. Black drip tip that comes in the package is delrin drip tip, inner diameter of this one is 4mm. Both drip tips are very comfortable for using and I like to use both drip tips. I tried drip tips on my mini berserker and I can say that vapor is cooler which you will maybe like and also on the original berserker with drip tips from bskr condensation almost can't come into your mouth. All I can say that drip tips from the berserker 1.5 rta are very good and comfortable drip tips, maybe the best drip tips in my opinion. In case that you don't want to use any of the drip tips you can use your own on this rta without any problems.

MacExpF.jpg

Top cap:

Top cap is different than top cap on the original berserker, first difference that you can notice is that top cap is shaped differently than top cap on the original which first of all helps with unscrewing the top cap. Threads here are very good and engravings on the top cap helps with unscrewing. I saw that some reviewers said that engravings should be deeper but trust me there is no reason for that because you can unscrew the top cap without any problems, just don't over tighten the top cap, as Alex, the designer of this rta said. Alex said that they will fix the problem with top fill and they fixed the problem, you can fill the tank of the berserker 1.5 without problems, there is no any leaking when you fill the tank. When you unscrew the top cap you can see where is the o ring now and you can see two holes where you will fill the tank, holes are bigger than holes on the original. When you fill the tank and when you screw back the top cap you can see a little bit liquid on the top cap because of the o ring, this may be a little con to you, personally I don't mind because there is not much liquid here trust me. At the top end of the chimney you can see that chimney is different now, that way condensation will slowly return back to the coil which is perfect.
So basically top fill system works way better now and there is no any problems with leaking on the airflow ring and there is no flooding, so far no leaking whatsoever. Also there is lot less condensation and in combination with new drip tips condensation will come very hard to your mouth, another big plus.

6e7jUEa.jpg

pEpfJaq.jpg

Tank:

So, in the package you will receive two tanks, one glass tank and one stainless steel tank. Glass tank has 2.5ml capacity, but stainless steel tank has 3ml capacity, so if you want more capacity you can use stainless steel tank. On the stainless steel tank you can see some engravings "BSKR V1.5 MTL RTA". On this berserker you can also unscrew the base only and change your coil or cotton when your tank is full because tank will stay on the top o ring when you unscrew the base. You can use here top part of the original berserker, you can use the chamber, the tank and the top cap of the original on this one, this is a huge plus for this rta because that way you can even more expand the capacity.

Base:

Base is also different, you can see that airflow hole under the coil is different, also wicking slots are different. You still can place the coil on the deck without any problems and even in the package you will receive two types of screws. Airflow hole is not the same as it was on the original, now the hole has oval shape, Alex said that hole is shaped like that so air can hit the coil completely. The ariflow hole under the coil is still very small and because of that we can still enjoy in very restrictive draw. Wicking slots are very different than on the original berserker, but wicking is very easy all you have to do is to put your cotton inside the wicking slots and you are good to go, on the picture you can see how I did it. Chamber is very small and it has very nice conical shape which will improve the flavor and as I already said you can use the chamber from the original berserker on this one.

eRxIBfd.jpg

nMxT5kE.jpg

4jpvqA7.jpg

Airflow control ring:

On the base we have two o rings that holds the airflow control ring, so because of o rings now we can remove the airflow ring in order to clean it or to change the o rings without any problems, big pro for that. Airflow control ring works very good, you can adjust your airflow without problems and we still have a stopper on the airflow control ring which is perfect. The berserker 1.5 has different ariflow holes, we still have 5 airflow holes on the ring but they are different, now we have: 1mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.6mm. 1.8mm, so the last hole is a little bit bigger than on the original berserker and the first hole is a little bit bigger than on the original berserker. Still berserker rta has very tight airflow and this atomizer is for people that really enjoy tight draw as I do. There is no any false air that comes through the airflow ring which is a big pro.

4nMwT0L.jpg

Using the rta:

So far berserker 1.5 didn't leak, I fill this rta from the top and there is no leaking or gurgling, Alex said that they will fix it and they did, now we can enjoy with top fill system on this rta without leaking, you can see a little bit e liquid on the top cap but trust me nothing bad, it is normal because of the o ring inside. They also fixed the problem with condensation and now there is a lot less condensation under the drip tip. Drip tips are perfect in my opinion and most important because of drip tips there is less chance that condensation can go into your mouth.
Wicking slots are better, you can easily wick this rta and coil is never oversaturated. I tried different coils here, I tried 2mm coils, 2.5mm coils and I tried coils from the package. Basically it works good with 2mm and with 2.5mm coils, but in my opinion it works better with 2mm coils, with 2mm coil flavor is a little bit better if you ask me. Throat hit is good, but I think it is a little bit softer than on the original one. Vapor production is good and vapor is very dense. So the flavor here, well, flavor is amazing, it gives similar flavor as the original one, I can taste every note from my e liquid but I can say that I can taste tobacco better in this one than on the original berserker, still there is a small difference but tobacco liquids works perfect on this rta and I can taste every note from my e liquids. This rta gives amazing flavor.

So, if you like the original berserker I can tell you that you will not make mistake with the new one, they have fixed a lot of things and you will have no problems with using this one. In my opinion berserker 1.5 rta is one of the best mtl atomizers, especially of you are a flavor chaser and if you liked the orignal berserker this one will be even better for you.

Cons:

- So, I can't find anything bad on this rta, everything that people said that they don't like on the original they fixed on this one and they did a good job. Only thing that maybe can bother you is when you screw on the top cap you can see a little bit e liquid on the top cap, but as I said very small amount of e liquid and this probably will not bother you.

Pros:

- Very good drip tips
- Top fill without leaking
- Chamber has conical shape
- Very good flavor
- It is easy to place the coil on the deck
- Good tight airflow
- You can take off the airflow control ring
- You can use the top part of the original berserker
- Good build quality
- Coils in the package

Check it here: Berserker 1.5 rta