Become a Patron!
So I've vaped for a very long time. Currently vape shops in my area are selling imitation batteries (re-wraps). I've been purchasing batteries on amazon and other sites but found one site I wanted to share. Samsung 30Q is my jam and this site sells them for 5.50. vapebatteries.net.

I haven't found a good site for cheaper mods but if anyone has any recommendations i'm all ears.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape mostly mechs and use Samsung 20s, Sony vtc5a, and Molicels (can't recall the model # and too lazy to pull one out of a mod to look). Not sure of your vaping style but 15 amps doesn't seem like a lot of headroom.

liion has 30qs for 4.43, but shipping is high.
Shipping from vapebatteries was around 3 dollars. I generally order 10 batteries at a time but still, it wasn't bad. Their packaging is like a gift at christmas that I get to unwrap, I'm weird I know.

Also I just checked their site again and they dropped prices on HG2's and HE4's if anyone uses those. $3.95 for HG's. Went ahead and bought 10 for later usage.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Molicel has ..
https://liionwholesale.com/collecti...ributor-inr-18650-p26a?variant=16132682154078
...that Mooch rates @ 25A.
30Q can be pushed to more than 15A, up to about 18. Rule of thumb = about 50w per 30Q in regulated mod.
Even 30Q's can be counterfeited so I stick with the proven vendors, like in post #3.
I haven't found a good site for cheaper mods but if anyone has any recommendations i'm all ears.
What kind of mod? Regulated/mech/unregulated series/parallel ? Single battery/dual battery?

What atomizers do you use?

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I figure that for the small difference in price for batteries I use Molicell from liion wholesale. Just my humble opinion.........In Mooch we trust.
I run molicell for my 20700. There gr8

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Go hg2 insted of 30q. Jmho
But i have both. I run the 30q in my low watt mtl set ups

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i can't read most of that, even with a magnifier.
but the sanyo is listed.
liion says those are no good for vaping due to 10amp.
since i never vape over 35 watts in a 2 battery mod,
watts law says i can use these.
3400 mah would be nice.
is there some reason i can't use these?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
but the sanyo is listed.
3400 mah would be nice.
For me (Windows) its right click > 'open image in new tab" > cursor becomes magnifier.

Last edited:

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
THANKS, @Vape Fan
sounds like i can use those batteries, to get the 3400mah.
i'l try them, but with my luck they'll fall off inpower or something.
mooch shoed how some batteries have less ''under the curve''
power, but i don't understand that.
i watch all his vids but i understand only some.
HEY! that trick worked.
i can now read that he said to use it up to 7 amps.
this may be great.
i've been charging up to 4.1 to increase battery life n there's a big difference between 30qs at 3000mah n the rest of the recommended batteries at 2500mah as far as run time.
3400mah should be even better.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
doesn't work for me :( W10 EDGE
Try clicking or double click the image to open it to it's own page, then hit the 3 dots on the top left to see the zoom feature

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
but the sanyo is listed.
3400 mah would be nice.

I think you missed the first box for # of batteries...

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Try clicking or double click the image to open it to it's own page, then hit the 3 dots on the top left to see the zoom feature

the image doesn't highlight(or whatever thats called) when i put the pointer on it. for me, it is just a pic.

+Caffeine

Member For 2 Years
I tend to like 30Q and LG HG2.

I was just charging some of my older HG2 today and was really surprised how low the internal resistance was reading for them. It's always been low but these cells seem to age really well, IMO.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
https://www.18650batterystore.com/Samsung-18650-p/samsung-30q.htm
Only $4.25 each if you buy 10. I'm in Europe so I don't know what their shipping costs are like, but I do know that this battery vendor was added to the Even Much Holier List (List, not Triad...) of Bona Fide Battery Businesses some time ago by Mooch. Do a search for "Battery Mooch" on YouTube and learn from him first before anyone else about holiness... the actual list that I'm referring to here is in the description of every one of his videos.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
https://www.18650batterystore.com/Samsung-18650-p/samsung-30q.htm
Only $4.25 each if you buy 10. I'm in Europe so I don't know what their shipping costs are like, but I do know that this battery vendor was added to the Even Much Holier List (List, not Triad...) of Bona Fide Battery Businesses some time ago by Mooch. Do a search for "Battery Mooch" on YouTube and learn from him first before anyone else about holiness... the actual list that I'm referring to here is in the description of every one of his videos.

thanx for the link. i am looking for "good" 26650's. i bought 2 ohm grown on ebay, 1 turned to shit real quick.

DON'T BUY BATTERIES ON EBAY people !

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thanx . but that review is 2 years old. Mooch has since said he doesn't trust any 26650. seems real manufacturers have throw the 26650 under the bus.
It doesn't really matter that it is 2 years old. It is still the same old cell under the wrap according to the Liionwholesale page I linked, they actually even put up a link to Mooch's test results to make sure you understand that this is the cell you're getting, and AFAIK currently there is still no better performing 26650 available to consumers to date... I own 4 of these same exact cells, the only difference being the fact that mine are rewrapped by iJoy instead of are rewrapped by Vapcell. But Liionwholesale is on Mooch's list of trusted battery vendors, and has been that for a very long time so, I think it's fair to say that Liionwholesale didn't lie when they claimed they run their own tests to verify this is still the same exact cell, and that the performance matches.

Remember this is a cell with a true CDR of 30A, which makes it a true high power cell. You won't find a better performing 26650 cell with great cycle life excepting only if you need it to be a high capacity cell and that you will only be using at several many amps below 20A, meaning low to medium power only. That's just because any and all high capacity 26650 cells have such a high DC internal resistance, such a huge voltage sag, that you can't get as much vaping time from them as their capacity rating might suggest... the vaping time is represented with reasonable accuracy by the Wh rating, not the mAh rating, and, a high DC internal resistance also means the cell heats up significantly faster, not only while vaping, but also during the charging unless you charge them so slow that you'll soon grow tired of their high capacity, as they take like almost forever in comparison.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It doesn't really matter that it is 2 years old. It is still the same old cell under the wrap according to the Liionwholesale page I linked, they actually even put up a link to Mooch's test results to make sure you understand that this is the cell you're getting, and AFAIK currently there is still no better performing 26650 available to consumers to date... I own 4 of these same exact cells, the only difference being the fact that mine are rewrapped by iJoy instead of are rewrapped by Vapcell. But Liionwholesale is on Mooch's list of trusted battery vendors, and has been that for a very long time so, I think it's fair to say that Liionwholesale didn't lie when they claimed they run their own tests to verify this is still the same exact cell, and that the performance matches.

Remember this is a cell with a true CDR of 30A, which makes it a true high power cell. You won't find a better performing 26650 cell with great cycle life excepting only if you need it to be a high capacity cell and that you will only be using at several many amps below 20A, meaning low to medium power only. That's just because any and all high capacity 26650 cells have such a high DC internal resistance, such a huge voltage sag, that you can't get as much vaping time from them as their capacity rating might suggest... the vaping time is represented with reasonable accuracy by the Wh rating, not the mAh rating, and, a high DC internal resistance also means the cell heats up significantly faster, not only while vaping, but also during the charging unless you charge them so slow that you'll soon grow tired of their high capacity, as they take like almost forever in comparison.

ok, fair enough. but i was thinking. the only reason i need one is to power a dna75c at around 50w. i was thinking a 18650 would do well enough. i could make an adaptor easy enough. 2 hours run time would be fine.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ok, fair enough. but i was thinking. the only reason i need one is to power a dna75c at around 50w. i was thinking a 18650 would do well enough. i could make an adaptor easy enough. 2 hours run time would be fine.
You'd be pleasantly surprised with how well this particular 26650 cell performs. At around 50 watts it gives a whole lot more vaping time than any 18650 also including the latest and greatest ones, almost every one of which is still next to impossible to find, and, even if you can find them, typically they won't be any cheaper than this "old" 26650 that mops the floor with them anyway in the first place.

VU Sponsors