Become a Patron!

Best Cloud Chase Build for SW 200W + Velocity RDA

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello fellow vapers,

First of all, I've done my research :) and I know ohm not to be a factor that is important since I use
a regulated device. I've build a lot of coils irl and also theoretical coils on the steam engine website.
However, the theory on paper sometimes suggest more vapor but irl the experience can be different.
For me its hard to figure out the science of what factors create more vapor. (for example you have
ohm (not important for me), heat flux, heat capacity and surface area.)

So all shit aside. In your experience, past builds and stuff.... what gave the biggest clouds?

For example.... 20g 5 wrap around 3-4mm drillbit?
or 3x parralel dual coil 26g?
or maybe 22g 10 wrap not with kanthal but g-plat :p and yes i know that gplat is just welding wire :p

And with a regulated device... does ohm even matter at all? High ohm is higher voltage and low ohm
is low voltage right. But does that even matter since its all the same wattage?

Any help is welcome :D Thanks in advance!
PS: i mention i got the velocity and not something like the buddha, meaning... it kinda needs to fit :p
Also... im into simple builds. I consider parralel coils to also be simple builds. But i dont wanna try to
build alien coils or that kinda shit.

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW... by calculation I think the "sweet spot" in ohms would be around .25 ohm ( since the SW can supply 8.5 volts max I think and the max amp is 35A although I got 40A batteries) So 8,5 / 35 is around .25. I guess I should aim for a resistance around that number right?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup shoot for what let's you get close to max power (wattage and voltage of your box) that should help. But of course once you get 8-9 foot clouds you gotta work on your form to get anymore cloudage

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup shoot for what let's you get close to max power (wattage and voltage of your box) that should help. But of course once you get 8-9 foot clouds you gotta work on your form to get anymore cloudage

I did some theory crafting and research and probably when I go for .25 sweet spot, the next important thing would be surface area without getting a too hot or too cool vape + not getting a heat capacity higher then 200 on steam engine (cuz i think that would result in a really long ramp up time.)

So then... this builds seems good in theory:
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?a=true&p=roundmulti&s=dp&r=0.25&hfnw=150&str=3&awg=26&id=4

Any ideas ppl? + also... does a 10.5mm build fit in a velocity RDA? I think so right?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did some theory crafting and research and probably when I go for .25 sweet spot, the next important thing would be surface area without getting a too hot or too cool vape + not getting a heat capacity higher then 200 on steam engine (cuz i think that would result in a really long ramp up time.)

So then... this builds seems good in theory:
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?a=true&p=roundmulti&s=dp&r=0.25&hfnw=150&str=3&awg=26&id=4

Any ideas ppl? + also... does a 10.5mm build fit in a velocity RDA? I think so right?
Try dual 26/36 fused claptons. They can take the power and not make to hot of a vape. Also they create good flavor. The only issue is that might come out closer to .18-.22

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BUMB :p Any ideas still about coils for a regulated device @ 150-200w with the velocity RDA?

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here are my Cloud Setups...
View attachment 38959

Heey man, Awesome! Awesome pictures. Nice builds.
So the quad coil u have there on the velocity... Seems to be like a fused clapton?
What gauge wire is it made of?

Dit it work well? Or is the ramp up time of that monster too slow perhaps ?
Would you suggest 32/26g clapton in quad setup?

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1. There are no 40a batteries.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Heey man, Awesome! Awesome pictures. Nice builds.
So the quad coil u have there on the velocity... Seems to be like a fused clapton?
What gauge wire is it made of?

Dit it work well? Or is the ramp up time of that monster too slow perhaps ?
Would you suggest 32/26g clapton in quad setup?
The Quad is a Quad Fused Clapton Build. They are 2x26/28g Fused Claptons. The ramp up time isnt that bad as I use extremely thin wire for fusing them, it doesnt add much mass and doesnt create the "heatsink effect" that thicker outer wrap will. It need about 140w to start coming alive but its a beast after that.
The Flattened build got second place in a NH cloud comp about a month ago using a Tube Mod....2nd Place in a Limitless Comp, other people using DNA200's/Snow Wolfs/ect, I only brought tubes as that s what the rules were last time I went. Sure did make alot of eyebrows light up when it placed though.

There are only 3 true 30A batteries, the VTC3 and VTC4, and the LG HB6. The Rest are lower and you start doing damage to them after going over 25A. If your buying Batteries and dont trust whether these are Authentic or not (Most are fakes being sold of these batteries) then buy some Samsung 25R's. They are available, have 20A CD and have some insane Pulse numbers. I wouldnt trust a rewrap for anything besides mild builds, if you expect to push a device to its limits and want to keep your face then buy one of the batteries suggested here. There is no reason to skimp out on the heart and brain of your setup.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Get vtc3, vtc4, hb4 or hb6 cells, only 30a batteries i know of.

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Quad is a Quad Fused Clapton Build. They are 2x26/28g Fused Claptons. The ramp up time isnt that bad as I use extremely thin wire for fusing them, it doesnt add much mass and doesnt create the "heatsink effect" that thicker outer wrap will. It need about 140w to start coming alive but its a beast after that.
The Flattened build got second place in a NH cloud comp about a month ago using a Tube Mod....2nd Place in a Limitless Comp, other people using DNA200's/Snow Wolfs/ect, I only brought tubes as that s what the rules were last time I went. Sure did make alot of eyebrows light up when it placed though.

There are only 3 true 30A batteries, the VTC3 and VTC4, and the LG HB6. The Rest are lower and you start doing damage to them after going over 25A. If your buying Batteries and dont trust whether these are Authentic or not (Most are fakes being sold of these batteries) then buy some Samsung 25R's. They are available, have 20A CD and have some insane Pulse numbers. I wouldnt trust a rewrap for anything besides mild builds, if you expect to push a device to its limits and want to keep your face then buy one of the batteries suggested here. There is no reason to skimp out on the heart and brain of your setup.

The flattened build... It seemed like a clapton coil with ribbon wire? with 2 cores? Could you give me the specs of that build? Maybe I will try to build it myself.

Thanks for the help man! :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The flattened build... It seemed like a clapton coil with ribbon wire? with 2 cores? Could you give me the specs of that build? Maybe I will try to build it myself.

Thanks for the help man! :)
Its not a beginner build, the way it is in the pic with staging wires has a resistance of .06 Ohms Its a Cat Track Arched Fused Clapton 2 x 22K/24K Flattened, Staged with Parallel 24K

Its not Ribbon wire to fuse the Cores, I used a roller setup and flattened some 24g and then used it to fused the cores. Ribbon is much thinner and has a higher resistance, the build next to the Flattened build is with Ribbon. This should only be ran on the Snow Wolf and not a Tube, or se a Parallel/Quad Box with True 30A CD Batteries.

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its not a beginner build, the way it is in the pic with staging wires has a resistance of .06 Ohms Its a Cat Track Arched Fused Clapton 2 x 22K/24K Flattened, Staged with Parallel 24K

Its not Ribbon wire to fuse the Cores, I used a roller setup and flattened some 24g and then used it to fused the cores. Ribbon is much thinner and has a higher resistance, the build next to the Flattened build is with Ribbon. This should only be ran on the Snow Wolf and not a Tube, or se a Parallel/Quad Box with True 30A CD Batteries.

I did found this build:
http://imgur.com/a/O7VWK
two parallel strands of 3 strand 28g spiral wire, wrapped clapton with 0.5mm ribbon wire. All kanthal, dual coil 5 wrap at 0.15ohm.

This is what i consider to be doable for me to build. It is not that hard. I have to say your coils are a bit :p overwhelming hahah :p
Besides those "pro" coils u got... would u say this build is good? and if not... do u have suggestions on a build for intermediate builders...
(for example i dont have any means to flatten coils... but I can do clapton coils and stuff... have done that in the past.
Also... shit like alien coils or stuff like that goes to far again... Its kinda a clapton coil but requires a lot more skill.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did found this build:
http://imgur.com/a/O7VWK
two parallel strands of 3 strand 28g spiral wire, wrapped clapton with 0.5mm ribbon wire. All kanthal, dual coil 5 wrap at 0.15ohm.

This is what i consider to be doable for me to build. It is not that hard. I have to say your coils are a bit :p overwhelming hahah :p
Besides those "pro" coils u got... would u say this build is good? and if not... do u have suggestions on a build for intermediate builders...
(for example i dont have any means to flatten coils... but I can do clapton coils and stuff... have done that in the past.
Also... shit like alien coils or stuff like that goes to far again... Its kinda a clapton coil but requires a lot more skill.
It will perform decently, BE CAREFUL with Flattened or Ribbon wire...Shit is Razor Wire when your handling it and I see many horror stories do to people holding it when claptoning it or wrapping it...

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will perform decently, BE CAREFUL with Flattened or Ribbon wire...Shit is Razor Wire when your handling it and I see many horror stories do to people holding it when claptoning it or wrapping it...

1 last question :p
u think the cat track coil would preform best? (were talking about vaping that build @ 150-200w :p) or is one of the other builds u got better for the SW 200w?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
1 last question :p
u think the cat track coil would preform best? (were talking about vaping that build @ 150-200w :p) or is one of the other builds u got better for the SW 200w?
It actually depends mostly on your breathing/inhale/exhale, thats what matters most, over the build and airflow/wicking/setup.
Anything with a large amount of surface to wicking contact will perform well. You also need to practice with the setup to become comfortable inhaling and knowing the best time to drawn in more or less and when to leave an opening on the side of the tip for more air and when to close down to add density....Its all about technique when chasing clouds.
Heres a good video to watch, he has blown the biggest clouds Ive ever seen with normal builds and underrated equipment.
This is his Vid of Clouds....Ive never even came close to 2/3's of the size of these plooms:

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It actually depends mostly on your breathing/inhale/exhale, thats what matters most, over the build and airflow/wicking/setup.
Anything with a large amount of surface to wicking contact will perform well. You also need to practice with the setup to become comfortable inhaling and knowing the best time to drawn in more or less and when to leave an opening on the side of the tip for more air and when to close down to add density....Its all about technique when chasing clouds.
Heres a good video to watch, he has blown the biggest clouds Ive ever seen with normal builds and underrated equipment.
This is his Vid of Clouds....Ive never even came close to 2/3's of the size of these plooms:

Damn son :p Those clouds.... and I got a snowwolf currently with 20g 8 wrap dual coil on the mutation Xv4 and i cant get such huge clouds... my clouds are not small though... but damn xD

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah those are some of the biggest clouds ive ever seen...

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats off a Tube and Stock TOBH RDA....Its all technique

Just uploaded a test of my current setup. Like the title... Nothing too special... just a test. I bet i can blow bigger clouds with the airflow
a bit more closed so i get denser vapor... this is with max airflow... The vapor is not that dense because of it. Also... taking longer hits with less
airflow prob results in much better clouds... :p

also no-nic is prob better. Blowing these kinda clouds at 200w is not
an ADV :p at all hehehe... i enjoy 100w - 140w more.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Heey dude... btw... with this coil:
http://vapingunderground.com/attach...flattened-staged-with-parallel-24k-jpg.38964/
Ur cat track coil...
Do u flatten the 24g before claptoning it or do u flatten it after? And what tool do u use?
It was written a couple posts ago...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thats off a Tube and Stock TOBH RDA....Its all technique
I get plumes like that but on the crocket haha no way i ever done that with a tube mech.. im prettty freakin impressed.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I get plumes like that but on the crocket haha no way i ever done that with a tube mech.. im prettty freakin impressed.

Yea when I first saw that I was like bullshit thats gotta be edited, its not though and those clouds are insane...I wish he would do actual classes, not just vague videos about how.
I want setup details, Build specs and pics and then to be shown and taught his perfect draw/release technique...

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea when I first saw that I was like bullshit thats gotta be edited, its not though and those clouds are insane...I wish he would do actual classes, not just vague videos about how.
I want setup details, Build specs and pics and then to be shown and taught his perfect draw/release technique...

This is just some brain-fart by me... but inhaling and exhaling is something we do everyday... I mean how hard can it be right?
Logically there are just some simple steps: emptying your lungs... inhaling as much as u can at the right moment...
then blowing it out (with some techique).

But to me this whole process seems more like a physical training thing.... technique seems less important then just
how much vaper you are confortable inhaling and... your lung capacity. If you swim alot for example (like competition swimming)
your longs are probably a lot bigger and you are prob. better at cloud chasing :p right? maybe this guy just has huge lungs
and he trained himself to be confortable with a lot of DENSE vapor to be in his lungs.

To me.... blowing tripel 0 rings and jellyfishes seems a lot harder then the technique behind cloud chasing :p No offence :p
But this guy though... seems to kinda proof there is some technique.

What do you guys think? Does cloud chasing require some, medium amount or a lot of technique?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you meet anyone else that an pull off clouds his size on a Tube and shit RDA and says its not technique its whatever else then Ill gladly try but as of right now the guy blowing the biggest clouds Ive ever seen while using just a Tube Mod and a Stock Airflow Tobh says its all technique...I kinda believe its gotta be technique then...Its not like hes using a Regulated mod and a crazy build with wattage thrown at it and crazy airflow....

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you meet anyone else that an pull off clouds his size on a Tube and shit RDA and says its not technique its whatever else then Ill gladly try but as of right now the guy blowing the biggest clouds Ive ever seen while using just a Tube Mod and a Stock Airflow Tobh says its all technique...I kinda believe its gotta be technique then...Its not like hes using a Regulated mod and a crazy build with wattage thrown at it and crazy airflow....

That is 100% true but maybe this guy has the lungs of the hulk :p and we think its all about technique :D Maybe he just pulls real hard @ his RDA and can do this for longer then we can xD idk.... it probably is technique haha xD these clouds on a tube mod is insane doe.

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the build ive made for the aromamizer is amazing (vertical coil, 24g clapton coil with .8 x .1 ribbon wire, 6 wraps around 2.5mm drillbit works magic. At 130w it gets dry fast though. At 70w no dryhits yet unless u chain vape it like a lot.
So that is 24g as the core and ribbon wire around it not other way around.)
At 4:40 or something there is some cloud production.

Any1 out there might try this out :) in case u got some ribbon wire and 24g around.

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would love to see someone use a Aromamizer above 70w and not dryhit....I have yet to see it

True dat. Well I can vape this build @ 130w but i have to wait like 5-10 sec every 2 puffs ... or i can suck on it with airflow closed to saturate the coils.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I rewatched the video and I find that amazing, I tried that same build and got really meager results, then tried multiple other gauges and horizontal of everything...the wicking just never kept up for me...even after drilling out the deck.

EzVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I rewatched the video and I find that amazing, I tried that same build and got really meager results, then tried multiple other gauges and horizontal of everything...the wicking just never kept up for me...even after drilling out the deck.

Yea the wicking is tricky. I just do 1 puff, put it away for maybe half a min, then vape again. Chaning vaping this is hard... but at 70w.... Wait lemme try something right now....

So i basically stopped at some point but here are the results :p
80W
2 sec pulls, 2-3 sec in between 8x.... Not dry... I bet i can keep doing this for a while. Clouds are great at 80w but at 130w its amazing. I want to give a variation of this build a try on an RDA maybe tonight.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got some 22g Nichrome I'm gonna try in the Griffin when this tank I'm vaping with 24g is MT..will give it a shot...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im out of 24g/26g/28 I like to experiment....Oooo tax refund, where the hell are you?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great vids!! Thanks for posting!!

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW... by calculation I think the "sweet spot" in ohms would be around .25 ohm ( since the SW can supply 8.5 volts max I think and the max amp is 35A although I got 40A batteries) So 8,5 / 35 is around .25. I guess I should aim for a resistance around that number right?
there is no such thing as a 35 or 40 amp battery.

VU Sponsors