Become a Patron!

Best MESH RTA for flavor?

Hey VU,

What's your favorite Mesh RTA for flavor?Preferably a bigger capacity than 5ml, but in reality all I want to find is something that isn't sold out everywhere.

There are NO Vapefly Siegfried available unless I buy the kit with the mod, and I really don't need another mech.

Thave a Kylin M, and I absolutely hate it!

There's the Wotofo profile line, but I only have the RDA and can't speak for their RTA versions. I do love the profile though. Would one of those be an option? Is the flavor of any of the RTAs comparable to the flavor of the RDA?

And then what's left? Those are the only mesh RTAs I have floating around my head, so any and all tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Igor

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a mesh fan. I've tried a few. Profile Unity and couple from Damn Vape and while the flavor is great, I keep gravitating to reg coils. That Siegfried looks innovative. Doom and Doom X seems to be the first with underwicking mesh.

Last edited:
I'm not a mesh fan. I've tried a few. Profile Unity and couple from Damn Vape and while the flavor is great, I keep gravitating to reg coils. That Siegfried looks innovative. Doom and Doom X seems to be the first with underwicking mesh.
may I ask why you prefer regular coils?

I have some of the best "regular" atties that money can buy, and though I love most of them dearly, I prefer the quicker ramp up times and greater surface area of mesh strips, or even a VandyVape mesh roll.

My Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 Classic has a TC mode, but it's absolute garbage over 50-60w. Therefore I'm looking for a mesh RTA that can deliver the flavor of the tiny 22mm RDAs, but with faster ramp up times at lower wattage.

Seems like I'm chasing the holy grail of vaping. 🤣

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mesh doesn't have enough variance in resistance for me. Most is .12-.13 > .2-.22 unless something special is done, like finding/experimenting with diff mesh to make your own, or cut down a premade.

Also ease of use, variety of atomizers and atomizer sizes is much better, and I have atties that have just as good flavor than any mesh I've tried.

You have mesh you can get over 50-60W? I think 70 is about the most I've seen for precut.

You could probably change that negative ramp up experience your getting with wound coils by changing metal and mod.

If you can adjust wattage while in TC mode on that L2, have you set it really high? Since in TC it will only use that higher wattage to quickly get it to the temp it's set at.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kind of in agreement regarding regular coils. Don't even get too bothered over the fancier coil builds. Prefer simple round wire, single strand. Not tried mesh being honest and fair. Do take @Vape Fan's views on it as reasonably sound, though. Had thought of trying mesh, see now it may not be for me. I'm just too simple. *shrugs* We all find what suits us and if it suits you, enjoy. :)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a bigger capacity than 5ml, but in reality all I want to find is something that isn't sold out everywhere.

I'm looking for a mesh RTA that can deliver the flavor of the tiny 22mm RDAs
Looking for an RTA that's like a 22mm RDA flavor banger, larger than 5ml, and available?
I don't think this exists current or past.
Love the original 22mm profile and use one or two daily on a squonk mod. The bottle is my 10ml tank. 😀
My only guess is something from Steamcrave. Some came with a mesh deck but I know absolutely nothing about them. I don't do DTL tanks.
The Profile line lost me with the V1.5 25mm deck instead of 22. The Unity and M tanks were the last of the 22mm. My second guess would be an M tank for flavor since it's very small.
Good luck.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Geek Vape Zeus X MESH RTA is still around. Saw alot of positive comments about it, but no firsthand knowledge.
Even though I don't do DTL tanks I have a few of these in the emergency all my squonks are dead box. Never tried them. Have an M tank and a Damn Vape Doom too, same deal, never built...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Other than the old school Genny's, I haven't used many...but I do love my Zeus. :)

20230817_175749_HDR.jpg

On a Cuboid running custom firmware and a custom mesh strip in the Zeus, that I made from some old 400 SS 316L mesh I had laying around.

*EDIT*

IIRC, the Wotofo PROFILE M 24.5mm RTA can do mesh too? Another pretty good RTA, IMO.

Last edited:
Mesh doesn't have enough variance in resistance for me. Most is .12-.13 > .2-.22 unless something special is done, like finding/experimenting with diff mesh to make your own, or cut down a premade.

Also ease of use, variety of atomizers and atomizer sizes is much better, and I have atties that have just as good flavor than any mesh I've tried.

You have mesh you can get over 50-60W? I think 70 is about the most I've seen for precut.

You could probably change that negative ramp up experience your getting with wound coils by changing metal and mod.

If you can adjust wattage while in TC mode on that L2, have you set it really high? Since in TC it will only use that higher wattage to quickly get it to the temp

Experiments with mesh rolls is the best way to go. All materials available, a variety of mesh styles/sizes, and the ability to alter size to will. This has given me resistances from 0.11-0.26. my preference for normal coils would be 3*28/38 and they would always come out to somewhere around .3
Looking for an RTA that's like a 22mm RDA flavor banger, larger than 5ml, and available?
Love the original 22mm profile and use one or two daily on a squonk mod. The bottle is my 10ml tank. 😀
My only guess is something from Steamcrave. Some came with a mesh deck but I know absolutely nothing about them. I don't do DTL tanks.
The Profile line lost me with the V1.5 25mm deck instead of 22. The Unity and M tanks were the last of the 22mm. My second guess would be an M tank for flavor since it's very small.
Good luck.
thanks for the tip!

I have a profile squonk mod that came with an original profile RDA, and the flavor is unbelievable. The thing is, in squonk mode it doesn't work. When I install the squonk pin, it seems to suck back more than I squonk in, resulting in constant dry hit, even when the wick is saturated. I've tried multiple times with no success. Someone told me to try and slice holes in the ceramic plate, but it's too small, and my fingers too fat.

I've found both the unity and the profile M. You say the M would have better flavor?

I also recently got an Aromamizer Supreme V2, but I only have the velocity deck on it. Maybe I'll look again if anywhere has the mesh base in stock. I know it's probably me, but I can't get a great flavor out of this tank for the life of me.

Good luck.

Have you heard of the Vapor Giant V6 S? That is one TALL atty, yet it tastes JUST as good as my hadaly/citadel/wasp nano RDAs. But unfortunately for me, it's not mesh.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you heard of the Vapor Giant V6 S?
Someone mentioned it lately, maybe it was you(?) That things huge, lol. I'll have to take your word about the flavor..

Experiments with mesh rolls is the best way to go
That depends preferences. Alot of people don't like mesh because the vape is not warm enough so they always want to push the power up and end up with wicking issues. The cooler vape suits me but not most. There are other valid complaints as well...
I actually get better flavor from the mesh claptons and use them most of the time.
You say the M would have better flavor?
Only a guess based on the smaller size. Have one, never built. I did have the Unity when it came out for about a week. After figuring out the wicking I asked myself WTF are you doing with all these tank parts when you have a 10ml squonk bottle and rda that's better and easier? Traded it for another Topside and rda.

, in squonk mode it doesn't work
Oh it does, I squonk one everyday all day and the only time I get a dry hit is user error, which is not often.There are several tricks but that's another deep subject...

Someone mentioned it lately, maybe it was you(?) That things huge, lol. I'll have to take your word about the flavor..
Might have been me. I love the damn thing. It may be tall, but it's a 22mm flavor banger. I've vaped on every material coil with every type of juice and it's just spot on. I can't say that for many RTAs.

I actually get better flavor from the mesh claptons and use them most of the time.
I actually picked up the Profile RDTA in SS, and I am in love. From the first time I wicked her, she was beautiful! A bit bigger than the original profile RDA, but the flavor isn't lacking! I'm using the Vandy vape ss316l 200 mesh in TC mode and am loving it. I can taste every note within my mixes. Dare I say that I found a reference RDTA for testing DIY juices? I've always used the Hadaly for this purpose, but a bit of variety doesn't hurt.

I have one of those Clapton mesh coils that came with it, but I've yet to try it. The other Kanthal coils it came with were disappointing, so i quickly switched to stainless steel. Haven't tried the Clapton one yet, but I will next time i rewick.
Oh it does, I squonk one everyday all day and the only time I get a dry hit is user error, which is not often.There are several tricks but that's another deep subject...
Now my last question, Bob, is what are the tips and tricks to squonk on the OG profile RDA? The only one I heard of was slitting the ceramic block so it has better drainage, but my fingers are too big to do this accurately. I think I'd need to use a vice, and also don't have the right tools for the rest of the job.

Attachments

• D3928A46-0DD3-4481-B47A-760AFF0EDEA8.jpeg
    D3928A46-0DD3-4481-B47A-760AFF0EDEA8.jpeg
    995.5 KB · Views: 5

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might have been me. I love the damn thing. It may be tall, but it's a 22mm flavor banger. I've vaped on every material coil with every type of juice and it's just spot on. I can't say that for many RTAs.

I actually picked up the Profile RDTA in SS, and I am in love. From the first time I wicked her, she was beautiful! A bit bigger than the original profile RDA, but the flavor isn't lacking! I'm using the Vandy vape ss316l 200 mesh in TC mode and am loving it. I can taste every note within my mixes. Dare I say that I found a reference RDTA for testing DIY juices? I've always used the Hadaly for this purpose, but a bit of variety doesn't hurt.

I have one of those Clapton mesh coils that came with it, but I've yet to try it. The other Kanthal coils it came with were disappointing, so i quickly switched to stainless steel. Haven't tried the Clapton one yet, but I will next time i rewick.

Now my last question, Bob, is what are the tips and tricks to squonk on the OG profile RDA? The only one I heard of was slitting the ceramic block so it has better drainage, but my fingers are too big to do this accurately. I think I'd need to use a vice, and also don't have the right tools for the rest of the job.
Glad you like it. Flavor is the most subjective of all. I've always preferred SS coils, they taste cleaner to me. Mesh is a little different. Love the VV SS roll, don't like the nexmesh SS, it mutes for me. Like SS mesh for fruit flavors but Kanthal for bakery dessert stuff. Seems like SS hits the highs but is missing some low notes.
Just my preferences...

If you want to squonk an OG profile:
1 Forget about traditional rda's with wells. Squonk and take 5-7 hits.. nope. It's a couple pulls and a couple pulses on the bottle, repeat. When it's wicked right you should see a sheen spread over the mesh everytime you squeeze the bottle.
2 Replace the stock spring with one about the same size from a ball point pen. Will be much stiffer. Use less wick and it will still be held tight to the mesh.
3 Consider rayon. It rules for mesh, wicks faster and doesn't gunk like cotton. I use a rayon over cotton method.

Some reference
Best write up ever comparing the OG to 1.5, which is the same deck as the rdta, airflow is different though.

Old Profile thread from back in the day.

A few pics of mine after the carnage. You can really see the cotton plug under the rayon on the side view pic.

Holler if you want more info on rayon and build. Have the method down pretty well after 1000 times, lol. Nothing against anyone using cotton, this works much better for me.
Enjoy your reading, lol

If you want to squonk an OG profile:
1 Forget about traditional rda's with wells. Squonk and take 5-7 hits.. nope. It's a couple pulls and a couple pulses on the bottle, repeat. When it's wicked right you should see a sheen spread over the mesh everytime you squeeze the bottle.
2 Replace the stock spring with one about the same size from a ball point pen. Will be much stiffer. Use less wick and it will still be held tight to the mesh.
3 Consider rayon. It rules for mesh, wicks faster and doesn't gunk like cotton. I use a rayon over cotton method.

Some reference
Best write up ever comparing the OG to 1.5, which is the same deck as the rdta, airflow is different though.
Thanks for that!!! I redid my spring on the og profile, installed the squonk pin, and she's a beauty now! Must have been user error, as you said.
image.jpg
Enjoy your reading, lol
And thanks again here, I really did. That comparison of the OG to the 1.5 was exactly what I needed. Alongside your squonk tips, I feel like I can't lose with this thing 🙃

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for that!!! I redid my spring on the og profile, installed the squonk pin, and she's a beauty now! Must have been user error, as you said.
View attachment 208019

And thanks again here, I really did. That comparison of the OG to the 1.5 was exactly what I needed. Alongside your squonk tips, I feel like I can't lose with this thing 🙃
A wide bore low profile goon style tip will up the flavor even more...:cheers:
20230823_152249~2.jpg
20230823_152257~2.jpg

View attachment 208020
View attachment 208021
Got me a few goon drip tips for my goons. I am honestly getting 10/10 flavor now. But then again I'm vaping mainly fruits DTL. Will try one out and see if I can krank it up to 11. I think the drip tip I have attached came with this. It came with a black and silver one, and this clear one. I believe they're exactly the same size. I have some lower drip tips from other RDAs, but I'm not a big fan of the metal touching my lips while vaping.

You've completely converted me. I will probably never use anything else.

Drip tip is from my hellvape destiny.

I tried the tips that came with my goon, and didn't like the flavor as much as the stock tip. They didn't even come close to the flavor from the destiny tip.

Attachments

• 4279D46C-4BCB-47BD-B6BE-B1083A4EBB16.jpeg
    4279D46C-4BCB-47BD-B6BE-B1083A4EBB16.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You've completely converted me. I will probably never use anything else.

Drip tip is from my hellvape destiny.

I tried the tips that came with my goon, and didn't like the flavor as much as the stock tip. They didn't even come close to the flavor from the destiny tip.
Tanks, but no tanks, lol
Everyday All Day
20230825_161103.jpg

VU Sponsors