Become a Patron!

Best new high end mod?

Hey everyone, my SX Mini G Class bit the dust last week, and while it was a great mod, there were some glaring flaws (the battery door, the updates, the interface, the look) that have swayed me away from purchasing another at that price point.

So, do any of you have experience with a newer-class mod that is comparable to the G class that might improve upon some of those things? I'm looking for something with 150+ wattage minimum / sub ohm capable. Price isn't really an issue. Two or three battery makes no difference to me. There were a flood of new devices that came out within the last year and I'm not sure where to start.

In your humble opinions, what is the best mod I can buy for my money?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You could take a look at what's available and soon to be available with DNA250C

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'd recommend something with the DNA 250C board. In my experience, Evolv's board are far better than Yihi's. They don't have the bug and update issues, they do hugh wattage temp control way better, the UI on their color boards is fully customizable, and they have excellent customer service.

The 250C been out for very long though, so there are only a handful of mods using it at this point. I would say we'll see a lot more in the coming months. Personally, I'm waiting for the Boxer Classic 2X700, which should be released anytime now.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I meant their Custom Mod page.. THey ain't cheap, but they do make a limited number.. to order ;-)

sickbxy

Member For 4 Years
High end is kind of a subjective term, what are you looking for in a device. I have a Vicious Ant Knight with a SX550j chip that I would recommend to anyone looking for TC on a duel 18650 device without squonking that is built like a pistol. It mostly sits on my build desk next to the Therion 75c since most of the time I take my Dicodes Dani e3 with a Kayfun 3.1 topper out along with my DotSquonk topped with an Alliancetech rda. I am looking at either an AttySmith or Limelight squonker as my next device. Generally, for true high end, you are getting on a list for just for a chance to buy it...

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd recommend something with the DNA 250C board. In my experience, Evolv's board are far better than Yihi's. They don't have the bug and update issues, they do hugh wattage temp control way better, the UI on their color boards is fully customizable, and they have excellent customer service.

The 250C been out for very long though, so there are only a handful of mods using it at this point. I would say we'll see a lot more in the coming months. Personally, I'm waiting for the Boxer Classic 2X700, which should be released anytime now.
I have the Boxer 250 and though I do like it with the way the door/cover fits with thicker battery covers I would not call it a high end mod! The cover fits ok with LG HG2's but get the thicker battery wraps on the Sony VTC's and it don't close and feels like shit in the hand......

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Pay to get a boutique maker to make you something. You can get made whatever you want. It can be super high end.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh, broken page? Interesting, since it has the new boards.

Maybe you need to call or email them ;-P

Hi, I have been vaping for about 7 months, given up the smokes after 40ish years.
I had a couple starter kits then went straight to the Dani Extreme V3 18650. Love this tube mod. But am now looking for something a little more compact to take to work. TC not important to me, so was looking at the Squid DB (like the look of this device) but talking to one of our vape shops, they will not be restocking them due to a couple chips blowing out (experienced users and good batteries). So, I am looking for something like this mod, ie compact, sturdy and tough, doesn't have to have TC, i vape mtl, unflavoured at around 5mg nic. around 11-15 watts depending on tank and coils used (bought coils, I don't make my own). Don't mind paying more for a good mod. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Sorry if I hijacked this thread, first post and this thread was relevant to me.:sneaka:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theoretically, the Aegis Legend (Geekvapes v2 of the Aegis) is supposed to be "milspec". Dual 18650.

The prior incarnation was a 26650 mod and quite tough. This new one is said to be as-tough if not more.

VU Sponsors