Become a Patron!

Best RDA for twisted clapton and other larger builds?

TogaJon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Guys and Gals,

I built my first ever twisted clapton coils last night and had them glowing nicely in my Velocity RDA, however when I went to put the top cap on, it shorted due to the grub screws making contact with the cap.
Seems to be that I cant tighten the grub screws enough with thicker builds so they sit out too far from the body.

Can anyone suggest a RDA with large post holes where I would not need to worry about how far I can tighten the screws?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twisted messes for quad post, phenotype-l for double.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Twisted Messes RDA

Attachments

• 20150927_080921small.jpg
    20150927_080921small.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 31

BlowinSmoke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
maybe u could get some shorter screws, or if u have some spare ones shorten them urself.

If u wanna get a new rda ill support the twisted messes, has big post holes.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, Twisted Messes. That, or the 13 Heavens Hells. They're both made by Compvape and really, they're almost exactly the same and fall into roughly the same price range.

The deck is a dream to build on. The grub screws don't always sit flush with the tops, but they generally don't need to. At least half of the chamber space sits ABOVE the tops of the posts. The coils and airflow are meant to sit low in the chamber... ...somewhat closer to the deck than you might think is appropriate, but it actually works out very nicely.

The screws grip extremely well. And yet they're very easy on wire. I've noticed that they don't really pull much wire in as I tighten them down. This is a good thing. I think some atties suffer from connection issues and clipped leads because the vertical bore in the post holes has more of a sharp, "V" shape at the bottom, while the bottoms of the screws are flat, which stretches the wire across a few acute angles inside the post.

I believe the bottom of the posts in the TM is a semi-flush fit, meaning it has a sort of rounded off trapezoidal shape to the bottoms of the posts. It's an inversion of the shape of the bottoms of the grubs, so it makes proper, secure, and gentle contact every time. I can tell you that I don't spend much time re-tightening fresh builds. It bites down and never lets go. You don't have to tighten them down very far to ensure good contact and stable grip.

They both accommodate crazy-intricate flavor builds very well. And I'm not just talking about the chamber space, machining on the posts, grub screws, and deck layout. It's sort of a hybrid flavor/cloud-chasing atty. The huge, low-seated cyclops intake really brings out the flavor in any build (it has a pseudo-bottom-airflow effect) while also providing uniform coverage across even the largest coils. With the wide range of drip tip options it provides, you get the best of both worlds.

Just buy it.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors