Become a Patron!

Best Sub Ohm Tank of 2015? Worst?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Come a long way since the V1 Triton. Arctic and Delta II were a great leap forward, and it just seemed to take off from there. Id have to say the Uwell Crown by a nose over the Smok TFV4. The Crown is just a solid performer at a good price. On the other end of the spectrum, Joyetech's excuse of a tank, the Ego One Mega should not even be paired with a quality device like the Evic VTC Mini. Joyetech needs to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch when it comes to tanks. 2016 should be interesting...

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love the crown and honestly the Arctic my top two
Subtank and Atlantis don't touch those two w flavor ...
I never tried herkales and been wanting to
I am sure the tvf4 kicks ass too
(Talking about w their included coils NOT rba decks)
2016 should be amazing
The worse?
ego one not Into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the crown and honestly the Arctic my top two
Subtank and Atlantis don't touch those two w flavor ...
I never tried herkales and been wanting to
I am sure the tvf4 kicks ass too
(Talking about w their included coils NOT rba decks)
2016 should be amazing
The worse?
ego one not Into it

Sense Herakles (V1) is a fantastic tank, with the Ni200 coil, I think it has the BEST flavor of all the tanks with pre-made coils. The Crown is the "king" due to the top fill and coil options.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For overall impact, not preference...... Best:

TFV4, Crown, Herakles, Kanger Sub Mini, Atlantis. Arctic, RTA as a tank- Aromamizer, and upcoming ceramic product.

Now some letdowns:

Arctic Turbo, others with separate coils not integrated.

Tricky top fill or juice control...... Cyclone, Starre Pro, Triton, a few others.

Good mods paired with not so great tanks to make a starter kit. EGo One for example.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Herakles, OBS T-VCT, and the OBS Crius.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First post whoop!;:)
I love my herakles it works like a charm!

Dislike the kanger mini nothing but problems!
I can't speak on the mini, but I have a Subtank (original version) that has seeped juice since day one. I have tried changing the o-rings repeatedly, but it still weeps at the base. It provides a good vape, but just can't get past the constant seeping.

I can't speak on the mini, but I have a Subtank (original version) that has seeped juice since day one. I have tried changing the o-rings repeatedly, but it still weeps at the base. It provides a good vape, but just can't get past the constant seeping.
Agreed same issue I had with mine. Vape was good though.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed same issue I had with mine. Vape was good though.
Yeah, it's a shame you have to take it off your mod and turn it upside down it you're gonna let it sit for a while. I actually put mine in an empty pill bottle if I leave it right side up.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Delta II and it's my everyday tank and I run TC with titanium coils. I also have a Triton 2 that has great flavor in TC with the nickel coils. As far as rebuildables, I like the Steam Crave Aromamizer. It's about as close to a RBA as I have used.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goblin Mini drops mic...
enough,enough already...you have gone way beyond being a mere fanboy of the Goblin mini....you eat breathe and shit this thing...for Godsakes get a grip man....after all it's just another McNugget tank stuffed with a throw pillow....it's not like it's a proper atty like a genny, or something......I'm sorry to have to speak harshly to you about this, but people are starting to talk behind your back about this unhealthy obsession....your fetish about wearing women's underwear we tolerated, because you do look cute in a garter belt....but this Goblin mini thing is getting over the top.
by the way my favorite tank is the pink evod.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFV4 and Goliath V2. I'm really suprised that nobody else here has mentioned the Goliath.

Can anyone say more about Goliath? I had my eye on the Aromamizer or maybe even the Mutank.

What should a newbie builder consider between the 2? Looking for a strong performer. One Kanger mini is enough...... I will work a little harder if a certain RTA justifies it. Thanks

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tied for 1st. place:
TFV4 and Crown
2nd place:
Herakles Plus
3rd place:
Herakles
4th. place
Starre Pro
Honorable mention:
Starre, Triton

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have it yet but if it's like all the SMOKK tanks it's going to be good

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
fro me its a 2 way tie between the crown and tfv 4. the crown gives amazing flavor and clouds at higher wattages but there are so many different coils for the tfv4 that i havent tried yet

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFV4 with the R2 dual coil rebuildable is my fav.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TVF4 with the Clapton coil is my favorite just edging out the Crown for flavor. The Herakles Plus with the SS coil in TC is really impressing me but just got it a few days ago.

Just got a Stentorian Steam Engine today as a Christmas Gift and so far it is really impressive with the Clapton coil. The fit and finish on the tank is probably the best of all the tanks I own, very impressive. The flavor is excellent on this tank with the clapton coil, haven't tried the other coils, it comes with 3 in the kit. Haven't had a chance to compare it directly to my other tanks but nothing to complain about so far, it's awesome.

My most used tank all year is the OBS T-VCT, holds 6ml, vapes nicely at lower watts (20 to 35 watts) to conserve battery life and has very nice flavor. This is the tank I use on the road as I don't have to worry about running out of juice or replacing batteries. Not a cloud chucker but not bad either and the coils last for 2 to 3 months. Just picked up the new SS coils they came out with so am trying it with TC control and so far so good.

I also got a Indulgence Mutank for Christmas as well but so far I am not that impressed, it has leaked on my 2 times already. The RTA section is bad ass though, best of all the tanks I own so maybe that will be the tanks redemption. Pic of my clapton build below:

Pq45LUizVwnaw7SqvUPNpa0uhCV9Au-mN4rUk8s7MtIFh50C7Ma0qT1hyng2T4AxHjg-mCMUKx_gd82GnJNP-WURD4_CyBtahjuf1FGGNh_yBMoIkHtUng9cgPDsPWRC9FoNjbM95uWLIocAIjSsjyFEZD3aTO8uaUwAS-JnPw0tVW1PaG7Nh9jw44_XUDfF269FVspRr8F3YRk7FHYAQ3Dkk7CvdpVLtH3TH3KCzmlZPJKOEB7B_XQv7hqulvwg0Obf24EYPHxG16WGIB4klb-ZsDh0qIwLj-NbEjmh__QA74hRHCbLeRjflmk1XXkaLHyIhXR38_PIHAQ5XHfpfI6qFcGdN-OZr8OUGQc52-09GSP-PBqEh2yFt-spkN_zfG3Mzhd_3j3SUQ5II3OC6zAD2G8jNSAxhFKaPZZFM42enZ05-OQHS4zaHhCsBh2U5HWhGjQFOhkfhff-b6XUEuy3bOH0b3Tx8YG1dc7iw3aBVzIg2F00W07N0IFXhu-1SbSo5bRtepUnafzuSq1GmzMdqNSh1n-jvTeiV5lJBm_Zhd8Vms7GpP5HX89Nbn__ZUR_=w412-h731-no

I hope Crown comes out with more coil options, this is the reason the TFV4 edges it out for me. If the Stentorian Steam Engine keeps performing as well as it has today then it might wind up right at the top, really impressed so far.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Triton 2 for me. I bought the tfv4 mini the other day and i find that it's too airy for my taste. It drains my battery real quick too since I have to fire it at 55w at the very least. Gets really hot as well. Currently on the hunt for a crown tank.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Crown is my favorite, followed by Subtank Mini next, although I have not tried a TFV4. My Subtank Mini has never leaked a drop although I see complaints of leaks with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone it seems has ghas had different experiences with the same tank. This year I have used the starre pro ( I liked it), the crown (it leaked on me but the taste is amazing), the TFV4 ( I'm not the biggest fanboy but I have more coils to try), my faithfull kanger mini (it has never leaked and the new coils - the .2 and the .5 are excellent), the triton 2 (much better than the triton and I've had zero issues with it and I love the new .5 clapton), the bellus (it leaks but has amazing flavor), the CoV vengeance (maybe the best tank odf them all), the aromamizer (easy wicking no leaks) and the crius (up thee with the aromamizer). I know I have used some of my older tanks as well ... so rated as I enjoy them ...

vengeance - Number one by far - too bad coils are hard to get in a B+M. the build quality on this tank is so good in comaprison to anything else I've seen. It can be vaped dfrom 35-90 watts. It's downfall is no RBA (I don't care I have RTAs to use if I want) and no top fill (again not a biggie for me but you refill often if vaping at higher watts). It holds about 4 ml of juice and is short and beautiful as well. I cannot recommend this tank too highly. It is a real gem.

triton 2
aromamizer
crius
kanger
crown (uses too much juice and battery)
tfv4 (same as crown)
bellus (it just leaks otherwise fantastic)

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone say more about Goliath? I had my eye on the Aromamizer or maybe even the Mutank.

What should a newbie builder consider between the 2? Looking for a strong performer. One Kanger mini is enough...... I will work a little harder if a certain RTA justifies it. Thanks

I love the Goliath v2, it rotates with the Aromamizer as my dailies. Decent airflow, easy to build, juice flow control valve, and great flavor. It can be a bitch to fill sometimes.

The Aromamizer is also really fantastic. All around great tank.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great comment @PaulS, people have different experiences with different tanks. I have heard a couple of people slam the Herekles Plus (not a lot) I have had nothing but a positive experience with it though. I have a lot of problems with the Indulgence Mutank thus far but am aware that maybe I just got a bad apple as many people enjoy it.

I am a flavor chaser so thought the TFV4 was just hype until I tried the new clapton coil, now I love it. Really none of these tanks are insanely different than the others, I think we all suffer from "What's new to us is better" syndrome unless there are serious flaws especially in regards to leaking.

The tank I depend on the most is still the OBS T-VCT tank even though it is not the tops in flavor or clouds. For my life it is just the best blend of everything I need when I am on the road and for my lifestyle it is the tank I would choose over all the others. I am not arrogant enough to think it is the best for everyone though.

I really do like my Crown tank but since I am not a cloud chaser it is not the best for what I value most, flavor. Not to say it has bad flavor, in fact it is great, just that the Herekles Plus with SS coils in TC, TFV4 with Claptons and Stentorian Steam Engine with clapton coil have more flavor for me at the expense of clouds.

The next thread should be best flavor and best cloud sub ohm tanks because they are not always the same. That said it is all just preference and my best is not always what's best for someone else and that's OK.

definitely the Uwell Crown for me, amazing flavour and clouds, never leaks

I like the SMOK TFV4 however the coils are more expensive, it can leak occasionally and it GUZZLES juice like theres no tomorrow.

Can't comment on worst tank as I've not had a bad one yet, started with a Kanger Subtank Mini which I thought was great at the time but when trying a new flavour in it once i had my Crown it was terrible, no airflow and dry hits galore

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a herkales coming so nice to hear this
I won it! I'm so so happy

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Subtank Mini is for me second worse this far...
Maybe I need more airflow I don't know

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me the crown was the best. The worst tank for me was the ego one mega.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you vape? Mouth to lung (MTL)? If you see vapor coming out of the air holes whenever you vape, it is probably condensation. The generic way is to hold your vape upside down and blow up with paper towel covering the air holes or something and have your eyes closed in case juice gets in your eyes (it burns like hell I am told).

Depending on your Subtank and you have two air holes, you can blow in one and have a paper towel over the one pointed down and that works well too. If it is upright and you blow into your drip tip, all of your juice will just empty out.

If this isn't it... well I rarely use the OCC coils. Mostly the RBA part. I have two originals, three Minis, and three Subtanks Plus and I purchased the newer RBAs with the big holes for the Minis and the Plus (won't fit in the originals, or will it?). And the rare times I have used the OCC coils, some leak. If you see tiny bubbles streaming to the top, that is usually the OCC seal leaking.

The only other leaks I had with the RBA part and I am sure it would happen with the OCC too, is if you burn the cotton in half (at the point of the most heat). If it burns slowly, you won't even taste it and everything seems fine. But it is now leak city. Even just vaping or not and it just drips to the bottom and floods everything. I lost 7ml this way while I slept.

Sorry if I made all of this sound horrible. But it isn't really. I had to learn all of this and what to look out for and the only leaks I get nowadays is occasional condensation. And the worse that can do is like 3 to 4 drops if you do nothing about it. I vape MTL most of the time and that is the worse for condensation. And I chain vape too and once every few hours clearing it is all that is needed.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The worst tank for me was the Kanger Subtank Plus V2, the new coils worked better but it is far from the top tanks. It is the only sub tank I no longer use, even the arctic is still in the mix from time to time.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The worst tank for me was the Kanger Subtank Plus V2, the new coils worked better but it is far from the top tanks. It is the only sub tank I no longer use, even the arctic is still in the mix from time to time.
Really man? I love my STP. I put that bad boy on my Reuleaux and juice and battery wise I'm good for the whole day. That's my all day setup. I've been running the new Atom Clapton's in it and its real nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say my worst subtank was the original Atlantis that came with the questionable ceramic wick in the pre- made .5 ohm coil...
And for me airflow was on the tight side..also I got an occasional dry hit..just awful compared to the Crown, and recently the TFV4..Yep, technology came a long ways from the day the Atlantis hit the market..lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really man? I love my STP. I put that bad boy on my Reuleaux and juice and battery wise I'm good for the whole day. That's my all day setup. I've been running the new Atom Clapton's in it and its real nice.

I really thought about ordering those Atom Clapton coils to try and revive my STP but then when I counted how many sub tanks I already owned and loved it didn't make sense. I bought the STP for the 7ml capacity too for the road but when I got the OBS which is smaller and holds 6ml top filling the STP was retired. The OBS is a better vape, the coils last forever and it is rare to get a dry hit which is the opposite for the STP.

I might buy one of those Atom Claptons though, was planning on picking one up for my Arctic anyway. Do the Atom's last a long time? For what they cost I sure hope they do.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really thought about ordering those Atom Clapton coils to try and revive my STP but then when I counted how many sub tanks I already owned and loved it didn't make sense. I bought the STP for the 7ml capacity too for the road but when I got the OBS which is smaller and holds 6ml top filling the STP was retired. The OBS is a better vape, the coils last forever and it is rare to get a dry hit which is the opposite for the STP.

I might buy one of those Atom Claptons though, was planning on picking one up for my Arctic anyway. Do the Atom's last a long time? For what they cost I sure hope they do.
Yeah man, I'm going on 3 weeks with my first one with no loss of flavor at all.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I bet that was with the old RBA with the tiny holes in the bottom and without the huge holes in the side, eh? Yeah I thought that new RBA was more hype than anything else too. They just looked way too huge of a hole and I thought they would flood very easy. Feeling generous one day I decided to buy six of them for my eight Subtanks. Wow! It is now a totally different world with the same tanks. It is amazing what a huge amount of juice flow can do for your vape. Without any leaking to boot.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite tanks

1. Crown
2. Arctic V8
3. OBS Crius
4. Herk plus
5. TFV4
6. arctic

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all about using RBAs with my tanks so my opinion is biased towards that.

My favorite is the Crown tank. The thing seems to vape better and better the longer I use it. There were a few bumps in the beginning but it's nice to use now. It has terrific flavor with SS coils (prebuilt or RBA) and the airflow is almost more than I need.

My least favorite this year was the Kanger Subtank mini. It's the only tank that I actually gave away. Too much spitback for me. It also gets a little too hot even at lower watts. The RBA for the Starre Pro was also a disappointment.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Herakles Plus is getting closer to being my favorite tank everyday. I started off with the stainless model that seeps after filling (but clears up after a couple hits) and had some rough spots on the threads. Despite those issues, I love the way it vapes; with it's not-gimmicky-at-all topdown airflow system it really packs a smooth punch, if that makes any sense.

When I ordered my RX200 I decided to get another Herakles Plus but in black and this one is far better than the first. Machining wise, its as clean as my crown's and does not leak a drop. I've even filled it up a couple of times (once on accident, others as experiments) without closing the juice control and still no leaks.

The 316L coils seem to take longer to break in than Crown's incredible 2.5 coils but once they get going they are pretty good. The kanthal coils on the other hand are great and start delivering the flavor almost right away.

Like a lot of other people, I'm mainly using SS in temp mode and IMO, that's where the Crown coils really shine and that's what gives it the edge over my Plus.

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I just got the plus on Friday morning after reading all the reviews. I'm impressed. Been vaping it now steady since I got it. I have also been testing the haze RTA dripper which I got Monday. It also impresses. Now after a few days I cannot the Herk it is better than my other sub ohm tanks or RTAs but it is up there.

The haze is simply amazing. It has a small juice capacity but it is easy to refill and the flavor beats my other RTAs. Post holes are realy small though. Might drill 'em out a bit but for now I'm using a single stapled clapton - wicking around the coil is tricky as it is big for the deck - 3mm diameter. But I succeeded and it was well worth it.

As far as the Herakles Plus goes, I need to see how long the coils last (I rarely use TC) and see if my haze stands up to chain vaping for a week (so far so good and no dry hits or leakage). The thing with the hearkles coils is that I need to vape them at 55 - 65 watts. And it drinks the juice. Personally I think the flavor is up there with the Crown coils - thew air flow and juice control really swings it over the Crown for me.

Ask any questions.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got to add one to the list. The Indulgence MT RTA.. Just built this bad boy with 26/32ga 316SS claptons. 7 wraps @ .27 ohms, 56w @ 520°.. Let me tell ya, this is by far the best RTA that I've had the pleasure of using. Loving it so far
76642d9724fafd5765f0f51de0c2ec23.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had much luck with my Indulgence Mutank, all 3 coils I tried leaked like crazy. My friend got the same tank from the same dealer and his is fine. Contacted the dealer and it looks like they are going to send me out a replacement tank.

I love the build deck on the RTA section though, the best of all the tanks I own.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got to add one to the list. The Indulgence MT RTA.. Just built this bad boy with 26/32ga 316SS claptons. 7 wraps @ .27 ohms, 56w @ 520°.. Let me tell ya, this is by far the best RTA that I've had the pleasure of using. Loving it so far
76642d9724fafd5765f0f51de0c2ec23.jpg

Yeah, that one is next on my list to try. Good looking tank!

VU Sponsors