Become a Patron!

Best Sub Ohm Tank of 2015? Worst?

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had much luck with my Indulgence Mutank, all 3 coils I tried leaked like crazy. My friend got the same tank from the same dealer and his is fine. Contacted the dealer and it looks like they are going to send me out a replacement tank.

I love the build deck on the RTA section though, the best of all the tanks I own.
Watched a couple of videos,and nailed the wicking the first time (luck). It's not that tough, but it does have to be done a certain way.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched a couple of videos,and nailed the wicking the first time (luck). It's not that tough, but it does have to be done a certain way.

The pre-built coils were the ones that leaked the worst, I watched the video too for the RTA section and the leaking is less than the pre-builts but given time it still leaks. Mine has to have a defect on the chimney or base that is not keeping pressure thus leaking.

I have most of the top tanks, TFV4 full size and mini, Crown, Stentorian, OBS, Herakles Plus and the Mutank is the only one that gives me problems so I am sure I just got a defective tank. I just saw my friends Mutank earlier today and his isn't leaking at all with the pre-built, I was just un-lucky but am sure my vendor will make it right.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't had much luck with my Indulgence Mutank, all 3 coils I tried leaked like crazy. My friend got the same tank from the same dealer and his is fine. Contacted the dealer and it looks like they are going to send me out a replacement tank.

I love the build deck on the RTA section though, the best of all the tanks I own.
The mutank I used never leak :) .
And their facebook page posts several solutions to avoid leak.you could try.
https://www.facebook.com/Indulgence-Mutank-365939680265139/

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tips Lori.

I have done all those things and when I leave the tank for about 15 to 20 minutes it will leak, the first time at least 1/2 a ml leaked out and pooled on top of my RX200.

After seeing my friends Mutank today I am thinking that I might have the wrong size glass as the top and bottom o-rings don't seem to be sealing correctly. I have tried removing and washing then re-seating but the glass is a little bit larger than the SS top n bottom. Not a lot but my friends was flush.

I know I have a spare glass and o-rings in the box but at this point I am tired of fiddling with it. Besides, if that is the problem then I won't have a spare glass or o-rings. It is a very nice tank but I doubt a proper working one will blow away my Stentorian Steam Engine, Herk Plus, TFV4 or Crown. Were it has the edge is with the RTA base which is the best of the bunch but I prefer pre-builts most of the time due to time restraints to do builds.

I am definitely not trying to say that it is just a bad tank, just that I was unlucky with one that doesn't work well.

One other thing I had noticed was that with the Clapton coil I was getting dry hits a lot and couldn't get it to perform well. I am thinking that is also due to the tank not keeping pressure as my friends Clapton coil works great.

I have never had so many problems with a tank, this is why I am convinced there is a mfg error and I just got a lemon. My vendor already contacted me so it looks like I will be getting a replacement. When I do I will post my observations on how the new tank works.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the tips Lori.

I have done all those things and when I leave the tank for about 15 to 20 minutes it will leak, the first time at least 1/2 a ml leaked out and pooled on top of my RX200.

After seeing my friends Mutank today I am thinking that I might have the wrong size glass as the top and bottom o-rings don't seem to be sealing correctly. I have tried removing and washing then re-seating but the glass is a little bit larger than the SS top n bottom. Not a lot but my friends was flush.

I know I have a spare glass and o-rings in the box but at this point I am tired of fiddling with it. Besides, if that is the problem then I won't have a spare glass or o-rings. It is a very nice tank but I doubt a proper working one will blow away my Stentorian Steam Engine, Herk Plus, TFV4 or Crown. Were it has the edge is with the RTA base which is the best of the bunch but I prefer pre-builts most of the time due to time restraints to do builds.

I am definitely not trying to say that it is just a bad tank, just that I was unlucky with one that doesn't work well.

One other thing I had noticed was that with the Clapton coil I was getting dry hits a lot and couldn't get it to perform well. I am thinking that is also due to the tank not keeping pressure as my friends Clapton coil works great.

I have never had so many problems with a tank, this is why I am convinced there is a mfg error and I just got a lemon. My vendor already contacted me so it looks like I will be getting a replacement. When I do I will post my observations on how the new tank works.
Ok haha

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to update my previous post the dealer @lori recommended I get my Mutank at: http://www.vaperoyalty.com/ really came through with the leaking tank I got and I just received a replacement today after sending them some pics of the problems I was having.

Jake in customer service was excellent to deal with and the price was actually the best I could find on the Mutank. This was my first purchase from Vape Royalty but it won't be my last. The Indestructible RDA is calling my name and it is priced just right, gonna wait until the new Uwell Rafale sub tank is in stock over there though to save on shipping.

The new Mutank is performing like a champ and not a drop has leaked. I can already tell with this one that the orings are keeping a tight seal which looked off with the first one I received. I have already gone through half a tank with one of my favorite juices and the flavor is on point with great clouds.

Thank you lori for recommending Vape Royalty, they got me with the best price I could find but they have a return customer because of the great customer service.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just to update my previous post the dealer @lori recommended I get my Mutank at: http://www.vaperoyalty.com/ really came through with the leaking tank I got and I just received a replacement today after sending them some pics of the problems I was having.

Jake in customer service was excellent to deal with and the price was actually the best I could find on the Mutank. This was my first purchase from Vape Royalty but it won't be my last. The Indestructible RDA is calling my name and it is priced just right, gonna wait until the new Uwell Rafale sub tank is in stock over there though to save on shipping.

The new Mutank is performing like a champ and not a drop has leaked. I can already tell with this one that the orings are keeping a tight seal which looked off with the first one I received. I have already gone through half a tank with one of my favorite juices and the flavor is on point with great clouds.

Thank you lori for recommending Vape Royalty, they got me with the best price I could find but they have a return customer because of the great customer service.
Yes,Vape Royalty did have a great customer service,and very professional.
It is good to hear that mutank goes well to you,then I did recommend the right one haha....

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
has anybody heard of a tank called tri force. i just picked it up. it has by far the best air flow of any tank i have tried. the only downfall is that it feels kinda cheap and leaks if not put together right

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
101vape is having a sale that ends today with 20% off. I highly recommend this tank: https://101vape.com/tanks/873--stentorian-steam-engine-sub-ohm-tank-by-wotofo.html

Use Coupon Code: WEEKEND20

I use the TFV4, Crown, Herk Plus, Mutank and the Steam Engine on a daily basis and each time I reach for the Steam Engine the vape is just excellent with the Clapton Coil installed.

For the price there really is no reason not to get this tank, it might be my favorite. I have only used the Clapton so far on this tank though, I can't comment on the other coils. I paid about $30 shipped for mine and have no regrets.

If they had a black version out I would but another one in a heartbeat.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This thread just saved me a ton of time. Thanks all.

I'm all about using RBAs with my tanks so my opinion is biased towards that.
My favorite is the Crown tank.

In a similar boat... hating the Subtank Mini. Need an RBA. I'm seeing the Crown tank and RBA sold separately, although they don't seem that expensive.

I'll buy them both blind after all these glowing reviews... just want to make sure the Crown has a similar juice capacity w/ the RBA inside (compared with Subtank)... and that I can throw 3mm coils in them just as easily.

Thoughts?

Chongo666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Love my crown , but my goto tank for the year is the silo beast . Just a well built durable tank , looks beastly in the black version . No leak ever and used multiple different coils ( I mostly just use the Atlantis or the playboy coils )
For me is the most aesthetically pleasing to look at and holds a lot of juice .
My only gripe about the crown are those ridges on the air vents . I normally use baby wipes to clean everything , wipe my tanks and mode down , and those ridges snag the crap out of them always getting little bits of ripped up Wipey on them lol.
But ya, silo beast and crown for me.

justlovejoy

Member For 4 Years
I'm surprised that 7 pages deep I've only heard of a few and not
THE TEBECO SUBTANK MINI.
I started off with the Arctic, 100% loved it but was studying so hard i forgot where i left it and these young kids at college are all about that vape! Like smoking is rare on campus.
Oh.. Lol, so I sold my UWell Crown Tank because the coils were in mho garbage! They were black in less than a week with moderately low use. 3 5-7 puff sessions in a day..
the TFV4 is what I'm rocking now, it puts out deep clouds that have flavor. I could understand blowing thru coils on this one but i don't so it can stay. They drink just as much as the crown.
The Tobeco SUBTANK mini is my bottom broad, she stay in my stash and only gets fed the good stuff. Easy on the juice but bootylicious with that flavor! Top fill and you can't see the floor if i vape her for 5 minutes, lol.

Happy new year, let's see some 2016 tanks and mods that will blow our minds and truly re-revolutionize the stop smoking movements.

.. Presses Send ..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I bought a black mutank from them,simple but beautiful.Looking forward to their arriving haha
http://www.vaperoyalty.com/indulgence-mutank-sub-ohm-tank-black/

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best - Crown (well apparently they named it right...), Starre. Pretty even in terms of flavor and vapor, slight edge to the Crown. Plus the Crown is top fill. Both tanks get about 2.5 days of pretty heavy use on a pair of 18650s, 0.25 @ ~80-100W.

Worst - anything I've tried with the name Kanger on it. Kanger is some foreign language for "leaks consistently", I swear...

Most disappointing - Starre Pro. Same flavor (and coils) as the original. Top filling (which actually works just fine). But less airflow, asinine vented drip tip (which collects juice, as does the gasket at the bottom of the top fill cap), and just overall not as enjoyable as the original. As good as the original was, this one was a letdown.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Crown is being vaped upon. Haven't messed with the RBA yet. Thanks everyone.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This thread just saved me a ton of time. Thanks all.

In a similar boat... hating the Subtank Mini. Need an RBA. I'm seeing the Crown tank and RBA sold separately, although they don't seem that expensive.

I'll buy them both blind after all these glowing reviews... just want to make sure the Crown has a similar juice capacity w/ the RBA inside (compared with Subtank)... and that I can throw 3mm coils in them just as easily.

Thoughts?
Not sure if a 3mm will fit the RBA. When you do build it, install the coil with the leads on the bottom (so the coils not so low).

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
To be honest IMO:
The TFV4 was the Best Subohm tank of 2015.
The best RTA would be Griffin in 22mm, VCMT in 25mm and VCMT and Ohmega Alpha in 30mm.
I see alot of potential for 2016 and already see new and better tanks being released now with the same concepts just improved but for 2015, these were the best in my eyes.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To be honest IMO:
The TFV4 was the Best Subohm tank of 2015.
The best RTA would be Griffin in 22mm, VCMT in 25mm and VCMT and Ohmega Alpha in 30mm.
I see alot of potential for 2016 and already see new and better tanks being released now with the same concepts just improved but for 2015, these were the best in my eyes.
I'll take the Crown any day over the TFV4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll take the Crown any day over the TFV4.

I took them both!
876df7357a865671a3c7013881432619.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love all the TFV4s...got the whole set of them
Fullsize, Mini and Micro!
TFV4 Family .jpg TFV4 Family.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe for premade coils...Im a fan of the RBAs, if its the RBAs that dont please you then let me build them for you :D The Crown wont stand a chance afterwards
Yeah bro, I tried building and I'm all thumbs. Lol. I stick to the pre made.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah bro, I tried building and I'm all thumbs. Lol. I stick to the pre made.

What RBAs do you have? I may have to send you something to smartin' your choices up :p

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What RBAs do you have? I may have to send you something to smartin' your choices up
I'm strictly a tank guy. I sold my Russian and TFV4 because I was so bad at building and wicking. I only use Kanger STM and the Crown.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm strictly a tank guy. I sold my Russian and TFV4 because I was so bad at building and wicking. I only use Kanger STM and the Crown.

Thats too bad...Should invest in a Kuro Coiler and buy a Griffin o_O I couldnt imagine buying coilheads and breaking them in anymore, I couldnt stand that weird taste they always have for a few tanks and I seem to never get a coilhead that would last more then a day or 2...could be how much juice I go through also though

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats too bad...Should invest in a Kuro Coiler and buy a Griffin o_O I couldnt imagine buying coilheads and breaking them in anymore, I couldnt stand that weird taste they always have for a few tanks and I seem to never get a coilhead that would last more then a day or 2...could be how much juice I go through also though
Yeah I've been thinking about the Griffin and giving it another shot. My problem is I only Vape in TC and ni200 is real tough to work with. I've been thinking of giving SS a shot.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I've been thinking about the Griffin and giving it another shot. My problem is I only Vape in TC and ni200 is real tough to work with. I've been thinking of giving SS a shot.

I love SS, I dont like any other TC wire plus you can use it in power mode if you want. It gives a crisper and warmer taste then any other TC Ive tried...Im using SS in the TFV4 Micro right now, that little tank is a BEAST, It sucks Smok isnt selling them by themselves yet.
TFV4 Micro Clouds:
TFV4 Clouds.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love SS, I dont like any other TC wire plus you can use it in power mode if you want. It gives a crisper and warmer taste then any other TC Ive tried...

SS is the only TC I like as well, almost gave up on TC when using Ni and Ti as they were just OK at best and preferred just power mode with kanthal better.

One of the best things for me with using SS for TC is that you don't have to worry if your mod is set for TC or power mode. I have a lot of tanks and once I forgot I had the Ni coil in one of them and got a big time hot vape when I popped it on a mod in power mode. Luckily I did not take a big drag as I could have done some harm.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I just got the plus on Friday morning after reading all the reviews. I'm impressed. Been vaping it now steady since I got it. I have also been testing the haze RTA dripper which I got Monday. It also impresses. Now after a few days I cannot the Herk it is better than my other sub ohm tanks or RTAs but it is up there.

The haze is simply amazing. It has a small juice capacity but it is easy to refill and the flavor beats my other RTAs. Post holes are realy small though. Might drill 'em out a bit but for now I'm using a single stapled clapton - wicking around the coil is tricky as it is big for the deck - 3mm diameter. But I succeeded and it was well worth it.

As far as the Herakles Plus goes, I need to see how long the coils last (I rarely use TC) and see if my haze stands up to chain vaping for a week (so far so good and no dry hits or leakage). The thing with the hearkles coils is that I need to vape them at 55 - 65 watts. And it drinks the juice. Personally I think the flavor is up there with the Crown coils - thew air flow and juice control really swings it over the Crown for me.

Ask any questions.
I'm with you on the Haze Dripper Tank, flavor wise I've never had anything that can match. I'm not doing anything fancy with the coil either really, just some twisted SS. I'd love if it were a velocity style deck though, everything else the same just with different posts, the offset thing is a little funky, but still works great.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really man? I love my STP. I put that bad boy on my Reuleaux and juice and battery wise I'm good for the whole day. That's my all day setup. I've been running the new Atom Clapton's in it and its real nice.

I picked up some Atom coils for my STP when they were on sale. You were right on as they are a BIG improvement over the stock coils and so far after 3 fill ups there have been no leaking or dry hits. I forgot how tight the draw is on the STP though but it has improved so much with the new coils it is back in service.

It still isn't in the same class as my other tanks for flavor and clouds but it provides a satisfying vape now and the juice lasts a lot longer. It will join the OBS as my road tanks so I don't have to carry juice with me.

Thanks for the tip.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I picked up some Atom coils for my STP when they were on sale. You were right on as they are a BIG improvement over the stock coils and so far after 3 fill ups there have been no leaking or dry hits. I forgot how tight the draw is on the STP though but it has improved so much with the new coils it is back in service.

It still isn't in the same class as my other tanks for flavor and clouds but it provides a satisfying vape now and the juice lasts a lot longer. It will join the OBS as my road tanks so I don't have to carry juice with me.

Thanks for the tip.
NP bro, glad I could help.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm with you on the Haze Dripper Tank, flavor wise I've never had anything that can match. I'm not doing anything fancy with the coil either really, just some twisted SS. I'd love if it were a velocity style deck though, everything else the same just with different posts, the offset thing is a little funky, but still works great.
You should check the Geekvape Avocado out if you like the haze, its basically a Velocity Deck version of the haze with better quality.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should check the Geekvape Avocado out if you like the haze, its basically a Velocity Deck version of the haze with better quality.
Thanks, that looks perfect, I had seen one other with the right deck but was a bit messed up in other ways.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, that looks perfect, I had seen one other with the right deck but was a bit messed up in other ways.
Im guessing your talking about the Ivogo Velocity RTDA? that thing looked pretty bad to me

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah that's the one, I almost ordered it but ehh, I'm quite happy with the haze. If I start finding the time to play around with coils again I'll probably jump on that Avocado though.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah that's the one, I almost ordered it but ehh, I'm quite happy with the haze. If I start finding the time to play around with coils again I'll probably jump on that Avocado though.
If you want any made Im a PM away

VU Sponsors