Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about doing that but was told the spares kit from BBV would isnt compatible with the SXK boros.

A big tell for authenticating a boro is the radius of the top corners. I couldn't tell you exactly is the difference but I know that most people are able to tellby comparing them.

Sent from the Death Star
I wonder how much of that is metric vs Imperial measurements.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how much of that is metric vs Imperial measurements.

Sent from the Death Star

I'd about bet the house that its done in Metric for both BBV and SXK.

CAD etc. are default metric afaik

All falls down to their scanner and how precise it is and them cross referencing it with an original...

And how often they pull product during production and checking it against the original for QC

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All falls down to their scanner and how precise it is and them cross referencing it with an original...

And how often they pull product during production and checking it against the original for QC
Yeah most things in vaping are metric.

Interesting though, I recently read that the latest run of SXK BBs the 510 is compatible with the authentic. I haven't seen any proof of that yet. Just food for thought

Sent from the Death Star

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last post on this as I've posted it several times and starting to feel like I'm beating a dead horse....
The Buna N orings on the authentic seem to be far better than the silicone on the SXK. Smoother, softer, slicker, more consistent in shape. Same size 1.5mm X 9mm

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting though, I recently read that the latest run of SXK BBs the 510 is compatible with the authentic. I haven't seen any proff of that yet. Just food for thought
It would be great if they are compatible now,i want to get a flush fit key,but never wanted to spend $25-$30 just to find out if it will fit or not.I can say for sure JMK tips fit the SXK though,i have 1 SXK that was made back in 2017 and 1 made this year,and the JMK fits them both.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I should try @gsmit1 trick lubing the gasket.
Oh no sir. That's not my trick. Everybody says to do that. The only thing I think I may have done a little differently, and by accident no less, was let them sit before use after juicing up the gaskets. They did get ALOT easier to work with, but maybe I just got a good batch or something too. If you find you're having hassles, get an authentic, is my thinking.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

An informative post from HERE
Bought my first clone after buying my first original. Having a USB port makes the difference. But, sincerely, if it weren't for the price of course I'd much prefer the original. Differences in machining are minute. I scanned mine onto a CAD program and the differences are nothing, really.
What I've seen is that when the box heats up, doors start rattling on the clone. Anybody experienced that?

I've never heard of the last part she's talking about with heat and rattling though. There must be something untoward going on there.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last post on this as I've posted it several times and starting to feel like I'm beating a dead horse....
The Buna N orings on the authentic seem to be far better than the silicone on the SXK. Smoother, softer, slicker, more consistent in shape. Same size 1.5mm X 9mm
Where are you getting these from again? Sorry.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those are the o-rings though. The problems people usually have is with the gaskets that seal the glass. At least that's what I thought.
I believe that's correct however I have not had any trouble with mine. Replacement gaskets are available from China or Pro Vapes.
I think it was Shady that suggested getting some authentic if you're in it for the long term. I agree, they are much better built. Tighter tolerance.

I bought the orings off Amazon cause that Xeta can be a real bitch on them if you don't get lined up right but I found my groove for the most part.

Edit the orings are same size but I don't think the boro gaskets match between SXK and authentic.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the orings off Amazon cause that Xeta can be a real bitch on them if you don't get lined up right but I found my groove for the most part.
My YFTK Xeta was TIGHT in the bottom of the boro. Yeah, I had to get it straight in, but not a super big deal. I think I saw somebody on POTV saying his authentic was like that too. Yours is authentic right?
Edit the orings are same size but I don't think the boro gaskets match between SXK and authentic.
I don't know either. I don't recall anybody with both giving that information.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be great if they are compatible now,i want to get a flush fit key,but never wanted to spend $25-$30 just to find out if it will fit or not.I can say for sure JMK tips fit the SXK though,i have 1 SXK that was made back in 2017 and 1 made this year,and the JMK fits them both.
Unfortunately they are the only confirmed tips that fit both the authentic and the clone.
I just wish they would make something other than stainless or brass for the BB. Honestly just a black delrin tip over a stainless base would cover my needs.
Currently I'm using a KRV Flush 510 with a Never Normal whistle tip. Same on my Bantam. Definitely my favorite tips for Billet style mods.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately they are the only confirmed tips that fit both the authentic and the clone.
I just wish they would make something other than stainless or brass for the BB. Honestly just a black delrin tip over a stainless base would cover my needs.
Currently I'm using a KRV Flush 510 with a Never Normal whistle tip. Same on my Bantam. Definitely my favorite tips for Billet style mods.
I got an SXK from legend (cheap) and the Evolv authenticity check puts the board release in May, so pretty new. I got an authentic key from a guy on Reddit and it doesn't fit. Maybe this latest run of black and orange from SXK brought a change in that regard. I don't know.

In fact I'm still looking to trade that authentic key for a SS button. :cool:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got an SXK from legend (cheap) and the Evolv authenticity check puts the board release in May, so pretty new. I got an authentic key from a guy on Reddit and it doesn't fit. Maybe this latest run of black and orange from SXK brought a change in that regard. I don't know.

In fact I'm still looking to trade that authentic key for a SS button. :cool:
Yeah the run to which they're referring is from this month or last if I remember correctly.

Speaking of buttons, I remember I had a nice Mantis Minimal Timascus set that I sold earlier this year. Thought I'd miss it bc it's the only exotic metal anything I've owned vape-wise and he's out of business but I really don't. Weird.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone aware of a better forum app than Tapatalk? It seems like once a month I have issues viewing forums, logging in, etc.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree.I like the brass tip and button set i got,but i like the black delrin Never normal doughnut tip much better.
So the KRV flush fit fits the SXK version?All i see on their site is the heat treated ones,but i don't care what color it is since it won't be seen anyway haha.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree.I like the brass tip and button set i got,but i like the black delrin Never normal doughnut tip much better.
So the KRV flush fit fits the SXK version?All i see on their site is the heat treated ones,but i don't care what color it is since it won't be seen anyway haha.
No, sorry. I pro ably wasn't clear. I have a seperate flush nut that I bought specifically for the Bantam in a group buy on FB. Stick with the SXK flush 510 for the clones. Worth the investment IMO

Sent from the Death Star

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, sorry. I pro ably wasn't clear. I have a seperate flush nut that I bought specifically for the Bantam in a group buy on FB. Stick with the SXK flush 510 for the clones. Worth the investment IMO

Sent from the Death Star
Well,that sucks haha.
I have read that SXK used to sell a flush key,but i've never seen them listed anywhere,must of been before i started with these mods.Unless the gold colored plate set that has a key with it is possibly a flush one,i've never seen anybody confirm that one yet.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well,that sucks haha.
I have read that SXK used to sell a flush key,but i've never seen them listed anywhere,must of been before i started with these mods.Unless the gold colored plate set that has a key with it is possibly a flush one,i've never seen anybody confirm that one yet.
I had to contact SXK on their Facebook page to get some keys from them, but they are the ones that come with the mod. They never responded about firing switches though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone aware of a better forum app than Tapatalk? It seems like once a month I have issues viewing forums, logging in, etc.

Mine was acting like shit today, kept asking if I was bobshitsething, I logged out and back in seems to be working fine now.

But no, nothing but tapatalk or browser via phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I was cruising Vu, came across the thread, "Clones" in the Mechanical section... guy linked 2Fdeal...

upload_2019-10-25_6-10-1.png

saw that lol

2 complete mods, 4 mod capable (14500 and the 18xxx variants)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I’m watching this stupid series on Netflix called “Daybreak”

Supposedly in Glendale California.

The High School they are using was the High School I went to in Albuquerque called Highland High, home of the Hornets

Weird seeing it, looks the same.

It’s actually sort of neat to see Series like Breaking Bad and this one utilizing Albuquerque for location.

Anyhoo back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I’m watching this stupid series on Netflix called “Daybreak”

Supposedly in Glendale California.

The High School they are using was the High School I went to in Albuquerque called Highland High, home of the Hornets

Weird seeing it, looks the same.

It’s actually sort of neat to see Series like Breaking Bad and this one utilizing Albuquerque for location.

Anyhoo back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans

That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trade ya. It's 45 here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Normally its the beautiful calm 72*... End of September to 1st week of July... 72*

We get these 5 day long heat waves though a few times during the Fall/Winter...

Earlier in February I remember it being 91*

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Normally its the beautiful calm 72*... End of September to 1st week of July... 72*

We get these 5 day long heat waves though a few times during the Fall/Winter...

Earlier in February I remember it being 91*
Oh man that'd be amazing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hard to beat SD weather for sure.
45 would feel like 25 to me right now. It sounds good but not for long.

I didn't want to drill out my Xeta insert and chimney and now I feel violated over in the Haku group. I think I need to take another shower and brush my teeth.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, since we are off topic now, can i ask you knife/gun guys a question ?

CeraKoat . just how tough is this stuff ? yeah, i know anything can be damaged. but do you think it would laast on a mod ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok, since we are off topic now, can i ask you knife/gun guys a question ?

CeraKoat . just how tough is this stuff ? yeah, i know anything can be damaged. but do you think it would laast on a mod ?

Depends who did the cerakoting...

But generally it’s pretty durable... jwill did my overlord mech and it’s one of the best I’ve seen.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sure he can, although I know he is in transition of shops... give him a holler... the mech I have is a cherried dark gray... looks dark gray, hit the light just right and it looks like ripe dark cherry

I really want to find a lipo Rev3 and have it cerakoted in white... all Storm Trooper-like

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lets see it.

Dark here to snap up any good pics...

7f379c674b6df7dd42240dc0a74f27bb.jpg
90707880b514deecd8fa7ac44fe5c1fc.jpg

I am sure he has some professional pics of this mod somewhere

@jwill

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanx

the top pic looks a little grey'ish. the bottom, black. which is it, and do you know the name of the color ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thanx

the top pic looks a little grey'ish. the bottom, black. which is it, and do you know the name of the color ?

Indeed it does...

It’s Candied Grey...in day light you can see the slight undertone of dark cherry, otherwise it’s a deep gray.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Correction, he called it Candied Coal

Here is a pic he sent me

3c5b7ee79c82061284266d274a28ddb2.jpg

VU Sponsors