Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you get a new device and can't decide what juice to put in it...

Grimm Kit AIO arrived and I'm shipping my Odis Eros out today in trade for a VWM Integra!

Excited to try both...
Grimm Kit uses Nautilus style coils and I have a RBA head on the way on the slow boat. I doubt it, but it may replace my Bantam for my work vape. It's lighter and has similar battery life to an 18350.

Integra literally just fell into my lap. I've been wanting to try one but had zero interest in trying to track one down. I'll keep you guys posted. If I decide to keep it one of my Dvarws may be going bye-bye.

Sent from the Death Star

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the xeta post issue happening on the SXKs only or YFTKs also?
From what I've seen it is a defective design that was copied to perfection so I'd guess all of them, starting with the authentic Xeta will have the same problem .
Yes, this.
I have an SXK and a YFTK and I can't tell them apart. There's a guy on POTV who has an authentic and a YFTK and he says he can't tell them apart either. It is avoidable though.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
so, i polished one of the original doors. still not a fan, but they do look way better. these pics "do not" do it justice.
if you like these doors, i think you will like them way more.

oh, there is some glare in all of these pics, so the sheen/color looks off in places
20191105_092335.jpg 20191105_092353.jpg 20191105_092405.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
my FT Dragon Poo order is in town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is like 8 days !!!!! if it goes well, pics in 30 hours.
of course this could change. heck, it may be on the way to , wth is that called were they keeep it for a week. customs or something ?

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
November 4, 2019, 10:44 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

looking good , ????
Settle down, son. :vapemail::D

Mine's been sitting in Chicago for 7 days after being released from customs on the 29th. I assume it's actually left Chicago and in transit with my "Delivery Service Provider" but I'm only 500 miles from Chicago.
upload_2019-11-5_10-55-1.png

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Chicago international sorting facility is the worst. I've had a couple sit there for 7-10 days myself. It's practically a foreign embassy until they send it on.

Don't forget to put it on Escribe and grab that international firmware upgrade guys. This newest run may already have it though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what works well on G10 to give a nice polished look is Carnuba wax...

You can do a progression of micro-mesh after loading the G10 up with wax... but before hand, I think you'd run the risk of actually making the canvas part of the G10 splinter within the bond.

Once you loaded up and done a few buffing passes you can do a coat of mineral oil.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Settle down, son. :vapemail::D

Mine's been sitting in Chicago for 7 days after being released from customs on the 29th. I assume it's actually left Chicago and in transit with my "Delivery Service Provider" but I'm only 500 miles from Chicago.
View attachment 149218
The Chicago international sorting facility is the worst. I've had a couple sit there for 7-10 days myself. It's practically a foreign embassy until they send it on.

Don't forget to put it on Escribe and grab that international firmware upgrade guys. This newest run may already have it though.

yeah. i had ASSumed that it haad paassed through there. then i looked at it again, and thought no, thats to good to be truee.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
what works well on G10 to give a nice polished look is Carnuba wax...

You can do a progression of micro-mesh after loading the G10 up with wax... but before hand, I think you'd run the risk of actually making the canvas part of the G10 splinter within the bond.

Once you loaded up and done a few buffing passes you can do a coat of mineral oil.

i don't have any wax :( or i would try it. after buffing it, i had to touch up a rough spot with 10000 sandpaper, it scuffed the fucck out of it

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what the international upgrade even is,but i doubt the new ones have it.My orange one shows the board was programmed in May,when i connected it to escribe,right off it popped up as having an update available.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what the international upgrade even is,but i doubt the new ones have it.My orange one shows the board was programmed in May,when i connected it to escribe,right off it popped up as having an update available.
I don't think the international upgrade does anything for a DNA 60. It enables Replay on the 75C and 250C, but that's the only reason of which I'm aware to have it.

Oh, and this Grimm Kit is the best pod/AIO I've ever used. Variable wattage/voltage and uses BVC style coils. Beats the shit out of the Orion, Pal 2, and the Nord.

Sent from the Death Star
129b73e9c81012b0a7777f944a38e46d.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think the international upgrade does anything for a DNA 60. It enables Replay on the 75C and 250C, but that's the only reason of which I'm aware to have it.
My understanding is that while the Escribe package is the same for all Escribe capable boards, the interface and embedded firmware for each board is different. It reads the board ID and loads the interface and checks for firmware upgrades for that board. Not to be a smart guy, but the firmware for the 60 is for the 60 and for the 75C is for that board and so on. One Escribe download for all though. Which is actually a very good way to do it imho.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't recall the differences offhand now, but the international version is not bound by the limitations of our laws, which Evolv is attempting to obey.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemme clarify this. I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do.
Software development is tedious and expensive. If a company releases new firmware for a device, not just vape stuff, any device, the vast majority of the time, it's a for a good reason, even if I don't immediately know what it is and therefore I want it :D It could be totally invisible under the hood efficiency or something.

That said, it's not like your mod won't work without it. Also, DNA circuits have the ability to downgrade to a previous version in the highly unlikely event that some function is compromised or there is some other issue.

Maybe this is another quirk in the mind of a computer guy. If there's a FIRMWARE upgrade, I want it. That's not the same as PC operating system updates from Microsoft, many of which I could happily live without.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stupid fasttech. My order shipped Oct. 16th and it's still in China.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My understanding is that while the Escribe package is the same for all Escribe capable boards, the interface and embedded firmware for each board is different. It reads the board ID and loads the interface and checks for firmware upgrades for that board. Not to be a smart guy, but the firmware for the 60 is for the 60 and for the 75C is for that board and so on. One Escribe download for all though. Which is actually a very good way to do it imho.
Right. I guess I was thinking in terms of the BB, so DNA 60 and not really needing those extra features as there would be no real benefit for that board specifically.

Sent from the Death Star

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Origin post is preparing shipment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

are you tracking on usps ? mine said pre-shipment right up until it was here in town.
all the stuff i ordered was 24hr ship = yeah, i know, but thats what it said.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
are you tracking on usps ? mine said pre-shipment right up until it was here in town.
Doesn't matter, he's fasttech Jinx'd.
They throw his order in a cart and push it to the back for a couple weeks.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A lot of states, cities and countries do not allow locking knives

wtf iss thaat ?!

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what do you mean "tracking on usps" for a 3f or FT shipment? Are you inferring there's a way to find the USPS tracking number for my Wanb Express or 4PX shipment?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So what do you mean "tracking on usps" for a 3f or FT shipment? Are you inferring there's a way to find the USPS tracking number for my Wanb Express or 4PX shipment?

that depends on the carrier. just put the # in usps and see what happens.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I normally call USPS and see if it made states side. If it has they know exactly where it’s at and expected time of arrival even if you can’t see it on their sites tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you get a new device and can't decide what juice to put in it...

Grimm Kit AIO arrived and I'm shipping my Odis Eros out today in trade for a VWM Integra!

Excited to try both...
Grimm Kit uses Nautilus style coils and I have a RBA head on the way on the slow boat. I doubt it, but it may replace my Bantam for my work vape. It's lighter and has similar battery life to an 18350.

Integra literally just fell into my lap. I've been wanting to try one but had zero interest in trying to track one down. I'll keep you guys posted. If I decide to keep it one of my Dvarws may be going bye-bye.

Sent from the Death Star

Oh, and this Grimm Kit is the best pod/AIO I've ever used. Variable wattage/voltage and uses BVC style coils. Beats the shit out of the Orion, Pal 2, and the Nord.

Sent from the Death Star
129b73e9c81012b0a7777f944a38e46d.jpg
Have you tried it with the rba yet?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been meaning to ask you knive folks....
My F-I-L gave me this for my birthday. I know from looking it up it's nothing super nice or expensive, but I really lIike it. It seems to be really well built and super sharp (compared to the junk I own). Know anything about it? Also, front flipper I'm guessing?
15730097192811101034735.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been meaning to ask you knive folks....
My F-I-L gave me this for my birthday. I know from looking it up it's nothing super nice or expensive, but I really lIike it. It seems to be really well built and super sharp (compared to the junk I own). Know anything about it? Also, front flipper I'm

It’s a manual.

Crkt make some decent knives, especially the ones made by Vox Naes

A sharp knife is a good knife.

1cdbfa240eb1f86568dbb6662cf59329.jpg

These are my only knives now, sold and gave away my other ones.

CRK Small Sebenza 21 Micarta Insingo

CRK Large Inkosi Micarta Insingo

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s a manual.

Crkt make some decent knives, especially the ones made by Vox Naes

A sharp knife is a good knife.

1cdbfa240eb1f86568dbb6662cf59329.jpg

These are my only knives now, sold and gave away my other ones.

CRK Small Sebenza 21 Micarta Insingo

CRK Large Inkosi Micarta Insingo

What is a front flipper then?

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally call USPS and see if it made states side. If it has they know exactly where it’s at and expected time of arrival even if you can’t see it on their sites tracking.

Even though it originated with another shipper (4px in China)? For instance, my package from 3fvape was shipped on DHL, has cleared customs in Chicago, went to "DHL Ecommerce Facility", and has been "Tendered to delivery service provide" which I assume is USPS. Maybe not, maybe it will come the last mile on DHL.

How can you tell USPS what you're looking for?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even though it originated with another shipper (4px in China)? For instance, my package from 3fvape was shipped on DHL, has cleared customs in Chicago, went to "DHL Ecommerce Facility", and has been "Tendered to delivery service provide" which I assume is USPS. Maybe not, maybe it will come the last mile on DHL.

Yup just need tracking #

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

i think all of them start with a china shipper, then are handed off to usps. i got a dhl one time, but it was air, got it in 3 days, dhl the whole way. but really god only knows how many ways they have to get shit to us.

if you have a tracking #, put it in there. they either know about it, or they don't.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"origin post is preparing shipment" is USPS saying they haven't received it yet. 17track will tell you what's going on with it in China or other parts of the world.

It will only show up on the USPS tracker once they have it over here.

https://www.17track.net/en

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, wtf just happened? Order placed Oct. 27th at 3F, package recieved today?????
:vapemail:Never seen anything like it. Down side....... Drunk order. Thought I got 3 vapeshells, one Xeta. Turns out (through my fault not theirs) I ordered 2 Xeta's and whatever the hell these other two things are :sad: Ah well, needed the Xeta, Vapeshells are just back ups. Can get a few more...
1573073286003104886516.jpg

Who knows, maybe I'll like this tank. Quick look it takes BVC coils I believe

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, wtf just happened? Order placed Oct. 27th at 3F, package recieved today?????
:vapemail:Never seen anything like it. Down side....... Drunk order. Thought I got 3 vapeshells, one Xeta. Turns out (through my fault not theirs) I ordered 2 Xeta's and whatever the hell these other two things are :sad: Ah well, needed the Xeta, Vapeshells are just back ups. Can get a few more...
View attachment 149272

Who knows, maybe I'll like this tank. Quick look it takes BVC coils I believe
The SVT Tell should take bout any bridge. Haven't read much about it.Screenshot_2019-11-06-15-55-51.png

VU Sponsors