Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanx man. yeah, those are cheap as fuck ! i wasn't far off, lol. yes, these do hold just fine.
Tip for fitting these (learning from my mistakes) is marking the polarity with a sharpie, pop the magnets onto the Billet, pop a dot on the magnet face, this side must be fitted downwards and in sequence, there are 2 polarities per panel so be aware of that, I fucked up a few before marking them as they are easily dropped.

Hope that helps, I have a knackered Billet Box I use as a jig.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Tip for fitting these (learning from my mistakes) is marking the polarity with a sharpie, pop the magnets onto the Billet, pop a dot on the magnet face, this side must be fitted downwards and in sequence, there are 2 polarities per panel so be aware of that, I fucked up a few before marking them as they are easily dropped.

yep. been there, done that. and yes, these things really are "alive" and have a mind of there own.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol I’m such an ass

fbec023928b1d92fdc9c7ffff661d15b.jpg

Then I made this comment

aa7320afaec800a97902ca8cf0227e53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not the first....

1f8012650756af706cf92ebd78a67034.jpg

The Mark II Screwdriver is the mass produced version of the original device that is acknowledged to be one of the earliest attempts to provide a longer lasting battery to an e-cig.
The price of the Screwdriver MkII

Little before my time...

But it gives me a smile knowing there was a version 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Reewape Ruok RBA finally got here today. This thing is SMALL. Terrible shot and I fixed up the coil a bit more after this, but it works great. 5 wrap Kanthal 28, 2,5 @ .87 ohms. Fits in the Trinity Alpha pod like a glove. No leaking, no dry hits so far. Using the lowest setting on the mod.
Terrible shot, but you get the idea.

@debinnv might be interested in this. 7 bucks after shipping.

EDIT: Oh yeah. The draw is about the same as my Billet Box with the Xeta using the small 2 hole deck insert and the 3mm chimney reducer. Quite restricted. MTL for sure.
EDIT 2: Oh yeah again. The ports are pretty small, but it has juice flow control :D
20191212_231439_cr.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just thowing it out there, so far for me this Dot AIO RBA is really good. I'm putting it up there with the Xeta and vapeshell, so far........ The 1.6 dot coil is eh, ok. But with the Nautilus adapter, just like the BB, and I have always liked those coils.

IMG_20191214_141914337.jpg So I got a gold sxkusbbb a couple weeks ago, an sxk insider, and an A tank from gas city, and a new pair of 30q from imr. Been using the insider 90% of the time, rdl chain vaping. I'm between 12k-13k hits, 3rd wick and loving it. I do get some minor juice leakage. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the insider doesn't quite fit completely through the lower o-ring on the boro.
P.S. I've had great success with temp control, using a 28/34 Clapton with lighting Vapes 316l. Idr wraps, but comes out at .58 I've also read nearly every post I. This tread before posting.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 151548

Nuthin wrong with the Insider, but for how you're running that you owe it to yourself to try the Exocet and the Xeta.
Agreed! Some folks are saying the new KRMA bridge is better than the Xeta but I just don't see how that's possible. Maybe for RDL, but for MTL I literally have no other atty that's had better flavor or airflow.

Sent from the Death Star

I really haven't fussed too much, threw a coil in, wicked it, filled with Cafe racer lucky 13, and Vaped. I usually diy my juice, but occasionally pick up a bottle of what got me off analogs. I set it at 35 for the preheat, it runs 12w-16w after it gets to temp. After the Xmas is over, I plan on grabbing some more boros and bridges.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed! Some folks are saying the new KRMA bridge is better than the Xeta but I just don't see how that's possible. Maybe for RDL, but for MTL I literally have no other atty that's had better flavor or airflow.

Sent from the Death Star
His electronics look like RDTL is what I was saying (almost identical to my RDTL setup) and if he likes running it like that, the Exocet is actually really good that way. I still think the Xeta is a bit better. Capable of more open airflow for one thing.

The KRMA does look like a very promising design. The probable price tag does not look very promising at all though. Which means I'll have to wait for... oh nevermind :rolleyes:

Bottom of the boro, with the insider pushed tight to the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_20191214_142636389.jpg
    IMG_20191214_142636389.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191214_142750967.jpg
    IMG_20191214_142750967.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 22
View attachment 151548

Nuthin wrong with the Insider, but for how you're running that you owe it to yourself to try the Exocet and the Xeta.
I'm waiting for the boxxer v2 to start shipping with the updated glass(plastic) front, then I'll grab it.
On a side note, I've been vaping it watt mode all weekend. Sweet spot on the insider with the same coil seems to be 15-16w with boost at 7.
As far as my hit count goes, I start vaping at 6ish in the am, then no restrictions at work, so pretty much non stop til 11pm. I used a single 30q csv, swap at half by the gauge once during the day and once at bed time.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to be posting up my OG silver TRVP inner and button set along with this set of SSPP control panels later on. Figured I'd offer them here first. Someone called the TRVP set if I ever sell, I just can't remember who lol

I'll update with new pics but these are the only ones I have on my phone ATM.
d13cb4e987b48a640001f39a40288d7c.jpg
2045459e200c5d4ae40adec195594b6e.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

I want an authentic sooo bad, but the lack of USB port is keeping me away. I have my dna's hooked up regularly, plus I've ended up in a jam w/o an extra battery and a dead vape more than once. Some days I'm pulled so many different ways, I'm surprised that I find my way home

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want an authentic sooo bad, but the lack of USB port is keeping me away. I have my dna's hooked up regularly, plus I've ended up in a jam w/o an extra battery and a dead vape more than once. Some days I'm pulled so many different ways, I'm surprised that I find my way home
I will give you my honest, personal opinion (asked for, or not)....I own several BBs, two authentics and three SXKs with the DNA boards. Besides the price, lack of fancy inscription and lack of USB port, there isn't much difference between the two. I prefer the SXKs because of the USB port and if they were available way back when, I probably wouldn't have bought the authentics. In the end, what counts is the vape you get out of them and for me, the SXK allows for more flexibility.

My want for an authentic probably stems more from wanting to buy American. Its the same reason that I have dropped $200 each on 2 3d printer hotends that are designed and machined in the USA vs $110 for English hotends, of $15 each for Chinese clones of the English hotends. Also why I buy dna powered mods instead of yihi or dicodes.
All do the same thing with only miniscule difference in the finished print quality.
I come from a small town of 300 people, and buying quality as close to home as possible is how we keep our small towns alive even if it's a bit more expensive

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My want for an authentic probably stems more from wanting to buy American. Its the same reason that I have dropped $200 each on 2 3d printer hotends that are designed and machined in the USA vs $110 for English hotends, of $15 each for Chinese clones of the English hotends. Also why I buy dna powered mods instead of yihi or dicodes.
All do the same thing with only miniscule difference in the finished print quality.
I come from a small town of 300 people, and buying quality as close to home as possible is how we keep our small towns alive even if it's a bit more expensive
Your wanting to buy American is applaudable but it comes to a point where the American manufacturers are satisfied to rest on their laurels and disregard the wants and needs of their customers. Case in point, I contacted BBV directly and asked them if they were planning any upgrades including a USB port. Their terse reply was that they don't see a need for any changes. It brought to mind the Provari manufacturers, a very solid and dependable mod and their insistence that you don't need more than 30w (or whatever low power) to vape. By the time they woke up and started producing the 40W and later the 60W mods, they had lost most of their market and were left with a small loyal customer base, not enough to sustain their viability in the market place.
I buy American made whenever I can (Chippewa, Lucchese {if not made elsewhere south of the border} Chevy...) but the sad truth is that more and more American products are outsourced. I've been wearing 501's for the better part of 40 years and still remember them being made in the US. Nowadays, the 501's made in Mexico may or may not fit (even though you wear the same size pants for years) and those made in Vietnam are pretty much a sure bet to fit "funny". Mexico and Vietnam made 501's are $49 or so, US made are $180 (on sale). I work too damn hard for my pay to spend $200 (after taxes) for a pair of pants that don't last half as long as they used to.
What I'm trying to say is that we, as consumers, have only one recourse to get the manufacturer's attention and that is $$$$$. Those that listen to their customers survive and prosper, those who don't, well, they go the way of the Dodos sooner or later.

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your wanting to buy American is applaudable but it comes to a point where the American manufacturers are satisfied to rest on their laurels and disregard the wants and needs of their customers. Case in point, I contacted BBV directly and asked them if they were planning any upgrades including a USB port. Their terse reply was that they don't see a need for any changes. It brought to mind the Provari manufacturers, a very solid and dependable mod and their insistence that you don't need more than 30w (or whatever low power) to vape. By the time they woke up and started producing the 40W and later the 60W mods, they had lost most of their market and were left with a small loyal customer base, not enough to sustain their viability in the market place.
I buy American made whenever I can (Chippewa, Lucchese {if not made elsewhere south of the border} Chevy...) but the sad truth is that more and more American products are outsourced. I've been wearing 501's for the better part of 40 years and still remember them being made in the US. Nowadays, the 501's made in Mexico may or may not fit (even though you wear the same size pants for years) and those made in Vietnam are pretty much a sure bet to fit "funny". Mexico and Vietnam made 501's are $49 or so, US made are $180 (on sale). I work too damn hard for my pay to spend $200 (after taxes) for a pair of pants that don't last half as long as they used to.
The whole SXK vs authentic discussion reminds me of a video I watched yesterday.

The Vaping Bogan was opening his vape mail (I was watching because he recieved the screw driver mech that @~Don~ was talking about) and near the end he opens a package with the updated bantam box. He tosses it to the side in disgust and says that he won't be reviewing that mod and comments on ripping off BB.

It was interesting to me because first, Bogan isn't American and second, shows the attitude of a lot of people who have been BB supporters from the beginning.

I've owned both and have only had an issue with the SXK version and it auto firing. Aside from that they both worked and vaped the same.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've owned both and have only had an issue with the SXK version and it auto firing.
And what's interesting about that is that the problem is almost certainly in the American made Evolv electronics.

I'm not getting into a big discussion about this, especially in this thread, but we now live in a country that is seriously considering banning blueberry flavored vape juice. For our own good. This is not your grand daddy's United States of America.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will give you my honest, personal opinion (asked for, or not)....I own several BBs, two authentics and three SXKs with the DNA boards. Besides the price, lack of fancy inscription and lack of USB port, there isn't much difference between the two. I prefer the SXKs because of the USB port and if they were available way back when, I probably wouldn't have bought the authentics. In the end, what counts is the vape you get out of them and for me, the SXK allows for more flexibility.
This explains the likes I've been getting from you :rolleyes:

My view is openly known in this very thread. If you're gonna sell me an Evolv driven device that is Escribe capable, I WANT Escribe. I cannot fault anybody else for their view, but to me personally, it's crippled without Escribe. Especially for that much money.

My SXK clones actually work better for 60% less and aside from some of the solder joints are electronically identical and structurally, as far as the body parts are concerned, will last just as long.

Somebody says:
"Yeah, well American companies can't compete with that."

That's right. They can't. As long as the cost of living and hence the cost of manufacturing remains much higher here, so will the cost of retail products made here. That's not good or bad in itself, it's just the reality of the situation.

The financial details are unimportant, but there is no way I CAN pay 250-300 dollars for any mod. Billet Box or anything else. I am however not even willing to try to save up when they offer me LESS than a quite comparable clone that costs 40% as much.

I will say that if I find a good deal on an authentic; I wouldn't be above breaking out the calipers, Dremel, and soldering iron to add USB to it. It is completely asinine to not offer USB on the authentics, but they still usually sell out of every one they post within an hour or so. I did notice they they still had some at 6am today. Sxk should do another run of black

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will say that if I find a good deal on an authentic; I wouldn't be above breaking out the calipers, Dremel, and soldering iron to add USB to it. It is completely asinine to not offer USB on the authentics, but they still usually sell out of every one they post within an hour or so. I did notice they they still had some at 6am today. Sxk should do another run of black
@~Don~ knows what he's talkin about. HERE is his considered opinion from a different angle. To me, it's as much about the principal of the thing as it is about the fact that I play with Escribe quite a bit. For another thing I also WANT firmware upgrades. After buying a top shelf product i shouldn't have to modify it to bring it up to it's full functionality. Again, only in my view.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ knows what he's talkin about. HERE is his considered opinion from a different angle. To me, it's as much about the principal of the thing as it is about the fact that I play with Escribe quite a bit. For another thing I also WANT firmware upgrades. After buying a top shelf product i shouldn't have to modify it to bring it up to it's full functionality. Again, only in my view.

Like in my opinion post you linked, I really think they should just load them with all the metal profiles... even on their end when they test the box powering on and firing, would take them 2 mins per unit to upload.

Also that mech was the RCM shotgun, not the one from GodMod Russia, Although RCM makes some well priced mechs too.. like this one...

Infinity Modor

upload_2019-12-18_12-1-5.png

upload_2019-12-18_12-1-36.png

$145 and free shipping... just takes a while to get to you from Russia lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will say that if I find a good deal on an authentic; I wouldn't be above breaking out the calipers, Dremel, and soldering iron to add USB to it.
The SXK inner panels with the USB port hole fit the authentic BB. Or you could just tuck it in side and take it part to use the USB port. OR, you could cut your own hole :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like in my opinion post you linked, I really think they should just load them with all the metal profiles...
But I have 3 SXK's (all gotten on great deals), all with 60 boards that passed authenticity as having been produced this year, and all three needed a firmware update. I know it's not a huge update, but it is again about the principal of the thing to me. After paying that much for a DNA device I can't update the firmware if I want to?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like in my opinion post you linked, I really think they should just load them with all the metal profiles... even on their end when they test the box powering on and firing, would take them 2 mins per unit to upload.

Also that mech was the RCM shotgun, not the one from GodMod Russia, Although RCM makes some well priced mechs too.. like this one...

Infinity Modor

View attachment 151778

View attachment 151779

$145 and free shipping... just takes a while to get to you from Russia lol
Speaking of mechs, my brand new Dreamer has a hot button I can't get rid of... not horrible, but I gets warmer than I want it to after a few pulls at 0.17.
Took the bitch apart, scrubbed it, used rubbing alcohol, ran it through the USC for a couple cycles... nothing. Tried different batteries, flipping them, flipping the tube around, swapping contacts and springs. Still arcing somewhere.

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors