Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If I took a toke on 100mg on Sunday, I'd still be buzzing on Friday
Dayum!

When I was trying to find my right nic level with DIY salts, 7.5mg gave me a wicked nic buzz almost instantly, like my first ever cigarette, and then after about 5 mins of chain vaping I was blinded by a migraine that lasted about an hour while I refrained from vaping at all during that time, so my body could metabolize out all the nic.

I also drank about 1 liter of water while waiting just to help it along, and then a little while after that, I had to pee like a racehorse, like 5 mins long, LOL...sorry if TMI :)

I ended up diluting that 7.5mg down 50% with some VG and had no issues vaping the 3.25mg salt nic...

Now currently ok with a 4.5-5.0mg salt nic level with my DIY.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In hindsight I should of ordered mine from Stefan Motzer... he's more detail specific. Think I'll pm him and see if he does integrated DTs
Sign me up to lol this tip i have is not for my likeing i feel like im vapeing thru a cereal bowl
cc7792f7935f4acb62146b03ea15ce2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sign me up to lol this tip i have is not for my likeing i feel like im vapeing thru a cereal bowl
cc7792f7935f4acb62146b03ea15ce2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really think yours would look good if it wasn't nearly 17.5mm in diameter... 14mm and I think it would be perfect.

Is yours an integrated 510?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup again. I used the Dober 70W for a few weeks before I sold it...

Being able to flip that dumb screen without having to take it apart is well worth the extra $20 to me. Idc if it charges via USB or not. Plenty of 18650s to go around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I don't care about the USB charging either, easy enough to change batteries. I just want to be able to change and load profiles.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Being able to flip that dumb screen without having to take it apart is well worth the extra $20 to me. Idc if it charges via USB or not. Plenty of 18650s to go around.

I don't care about the USB charging either, easy enough to change batteries. I just want to be able to change and load profiles.

I'm not worried about the charging capability...I am concerned with zapping the Board if its just USB... the Charging board from Evolv has a fuse as pictured here under the 1A

upload_2018-6-1_9-47-33.png

EDIT: Heck I might be wrong... I think the Board is fused... I know on the 200+ they are fused... need to look at the diagrams of the 60...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
inconclusive... Evolv's data sheets doesn't show if the Board (60) is fused... and same for the charging board.

In their data sheet they mention to use a 10k resistor if you go USB and not use their charging board, which has me believe that is built in their board and unknown with the one from GearBest.

But I am probably making a fuss over nothing...only needs to work once ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
inconclusive... Evolv's data sheets doesn't show if the Board (60) is fused... and same for the charging board.

In their data sheet they mention to use a 10k resistor if you go USB and not use their charging board, which has me believe that is built in their board and unknown with the one from GearBest.

You forgot to add "...work once and no smell of burning insulation ".

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Better to spend $10 on the charging board confident you won't fry your chip or save $9 to spend $50 later...

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Motherfucker! In RPG too?! Dammit!

Yep, my thoughts exactly.:bliss:

You forgot to add "...work once and no smell of burning insulation ".

...nor wisps of white smoke coming from inside, aka 'kiss of death' :sad:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Better to spend $10 on the charging board confident you won't fry your chip or save $9 to spend $50 later...

Again, you and I are on the same page here...

Until some brave soul has one of these new SXK models in-hand, connects it to Escribe and tells us that the mod survived and did not become a paperweight from getting fried via USB, I will play it safe and use the Evolv board I have, to which I have fashioned a small pigtail of wires to go into the ports on the DNA60 on my previous gen SXK model...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again, you and I are on the same page here...

Until some brave soul has one of these new SXK models in-hand, connects it to Escribe and tells us that the mod survived and did not become a paperweight from getting fried via USB, I will play it safe and use the Evolv board I have, to which I have fashioned a small pigtail of wires to go into the ports on the DNA60 on my previous gen SXK model...
I'll eventually do the same with my YFTK one when it comes. BTW, 3F is not kidding about that 24 hour shipping... went out a little over 16 hours later. Impressive.

Nornally I'm a FT guy. Slow and reliable but it was 7 business days I til they'd get more stock. Eff that business.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What you guys are saying is true, providing one is technically proficient but the rest of us are a prayer away from the wisps of smoke and charred boards.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the tip and button set I'm getting from Chris will be this material in the first pic, but the shape will be like the one in the second pic with no stainless showing.

He said it should be done over the weekend.
2e3ef9a07d4db4909ec3fb9d25ab7e80.jpg
284ec765a9c31223124f9633c9d1d8eb.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the tip and button set I'm getting from Chris will be this material in the first pic, but the shape will be like the one in the second pic with no stainless showing.

He said it should be done over the weekend.
2e3ef9a07d4db4909ec3fb9d25ab7e80.jpg
284ec765a9c31223124f9633c9d1d8eb.jpg

11mm height it looks like, not to short for you?

EDIT: second thought, 9.5mm

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, I've been using one of the Gas Mods Nixon tips and that's even shorter. Never gets hot so it doesn't bother me at all

Ok I bring it up for if he makes it like the one on the right, hope he knows to make it the total height the same... for the marble look material is 9.5mm but over all 11mm ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I bring it up for if he makes it like the one on the right, hope he knows to make it the total height the same... for the marble look material is 9.5mm but over all 11mm ;)
Yeah I'll specify. Might make sure it's 11mm lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dot mods are 13mm if you have one of those for reference... if not I can show you the difference in 9.5 and with the dot mod... will be between

1c91290b2e044f973fa192fb0662a1a6.jpg
6a408adb7784bafe1a1dd7da3f58ebd9.jpg
Just messaged him to ask for around 11mm. Thanks for the TIP! Get it? GET IT?!

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have no need for escribe. I only vape ni80
My only intention for TC with SS wire and never having the temp above 420F, with an accurate material profile with valid TFR/TCR values, is in order to prevent dry hits and burnt cotton.

Otherwise you need to pop the panel off frequently to check your liquid level.

I hate dry hits with a passion, but I get along well with a Kanthal build too, just have to keep checking the liquid level is all.

I may soon dremel out a little 3mm wide slit in the panel such that I can see the liquid level in the boro tank, and if the open gap or hand-feel bothers me, then I will superglue in place a window of lexan or plexi and sand the edges smooth with some 400 grit sandpaper....

If I do that, then TC is no longer a requirement for me.

VU Sponsors