Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What are you all doing for removing the battery when needed?

Mine is always super snug from the negative contact, even after 3 months of use.

I had a ribbon that I trapped under the top plate where the buttons and display are located, but while messing with that, I killed the screen, so I'm looking for something else now.

A loose ribbon around the battery is too fiddly and inelegant for me.

I am considering using a dremel to cut a slit in the battery area near the negative contact that is wide enough and long enough for me to insert the corner of one of the panels from the back to push up the negative side of the battery.

I'd rather not wrap some tape around all my batteries to act as a pull-tab either (did that once before with another mod and it got old fast).

Also, I prefer not to have to slap the whole mod against my hand 3-4 times to get the battery out, as I have hand issues and doing this can make them worse at times.

Please share your own method(s) for easy battery removal...

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not use some strapping tape, but looped on itself: just slip-fit over the cell-in-use. Toss it inside the compartment while not in use, and you can spin it around and whatnot - no mucking individual cells.

Edit: Just did this in the vt133. Even flatter than their ribbon - and no stretching.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Mine is always super snug from the negative contact, even after 3 months of use.

I had a ribbon that I trapped under the top plate where the buttons and display are located, but while messing with that, I killed the screen, so I'm looking for something else now.

I am considering using a dremel to cut a slit in the battery area near the negative contact that is wide enough and long enough for me to insert the corner of one of the panels from the back to push up the negative side of the battery.

I'd rather not wrap some tape around all my batteries to act as a pull-tab either (did that once before with another mod and it got old fast).

Also, I prefer not to have to slap the whole mod against my hand 3-4 times to get the battery out, as I have hand issues and doing this can make them worse at times.

I tap it in my palm, it moves out enough to just pull out.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Why not use some strapping tape, but looped on itself: just slip-fit over the cell-in-use. Toss it inside the compartment while not in use, and you can spin it around and whatnot - no mucking individual cells.
I tap it in my palm, it moves out enough to just pull out.
Thanks for the replies.

I just figured out that I can use the corner of the panel that covers the battery/tank/display side of the BB to gently pry the negative end up enough to get purchase with my fingertip, and then easily remove the battery...

So I am going to go with this for a while. Hopefully I do not snap the corner off of the panel :sad:

I have to remind myself GENTLY PRY it up.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the replies.

I just figured out that I can use the corner of the panel that covers the battery/tank/display side of the BB to gently pry the negative end up enough to get purchase with my fingertip, and then easily remove the battery...

So I am going to go with this for a while. Hopefully I do not snap the corner off of the panel :sad:

I have to remind myself GENTLY PRY it up.

Can adjust the negative contact also... so you're not tearing wraps on the positive. I pretty much adjust contacts on all my mods...snug but not like OMG FUCK YOU ANOTHER WRAP DEAD kind of snug lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I wrapped a piece of Scotch tape around mine leaving enough to grab and pull

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I received "Just got my plug from Troy today"[sic] and they are very nice but just a tad more air with the Aspire coils. I know, it is a comfortable MTL, much improved from what I was getting so thank you @troydestroy they made a world of difference. I'm sure they will be perfect with the Nautilus coils so, if you need a plug, see Troy about it!:teehee: Well made, fit right, what more can one ask!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I received "Just got my plug from Troy today"[sic] and they are very nice but just a tad more air with the Aspire coils. I know, it is a comfortable MTL, much improved from what I was getting so thank you @troydestroy they made a world of difference. I'm sure they will be perfect with the Nautilus coils so, if you need a plug, see Troy about it!:teehee: Well made, fit right, what more can one ask!
Yes, I've quoted myself. what's to you? Wanna make something of it?
I've fiddled a bit more with the tank and plug, seated it a bit better, pushed the coil up a smidgen and the air flow is a bit tighter. The plugs are very good, the problem lies with the user:wait:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Today I went about installing the new screen from Evolv, in the rat black SXK DNA60 BB...

Getting the old screen out was a bit of trouble, and I managed to break the glass, as it's held on by a 1mm thick adhesive foam pad and very hard to remove. Little shards of glass everywhere.

To secure the new screen, I did not have any similarly thin adhesive foam, so I took a 2mm ball of blue funtak, and smeared that into the recessed crevice where the screen goes, as thin as possible, so as to hold it in place, as well as be removable in case I need to replace the screen in the future. The blue funtak worked well for this.

once the screen was secured in place, I installed the connector cable into the tiny ZIF connector which has s sort of flip-lock lever that works by friction to trap the end of the flat mylar ribbon wire.

Hardest part was getting a 0.25mm thin ribbon wire positioned so I could slide it into the slot of the connector for the display that is on the DNA60 board, this took many MANY tries and was frustrating, but tweezers and a super tiny flat-head screwdriver were all the tools needed.

All back together, inserted battery and voila! It's ALIVE!

So I closed everything up and it's all working perfectly well now.

The replacement screen from Evolv seems a little brighter than the original to me right now.

I also discovered that intread of using a tiny Torx bit on the screws to open and close up all the parts, that a 1mm hex allen key actually works way better, does not feel like it will strip (the Torx always felt like it would strip if too much torque was applied), and the allen key also let me torque down the screws, not 'mo-fo' tight but enough that I am confident they will not easily reverse themselves out.

So my rat black BB is back in operation as normal, and all is right with the world now...:)

Pictures will be coming in next day or so to show what is described above...

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I went about installing the new screen from Evolv, in the rat black SXK DNA60 BB...

Getting the old screen out was a bit of trouble, and I managed to break the glass, as it's held on by a 1mm thick adhesive foam pad and very hard to remove. Little shards of glass everywhere.

To secure the new screen, I did not have anys imilarly thin adhesive foam, so I took a 2mm ball of blue funtak, and smeared that into the recessed crevice where the screen goes, as thin as possible, so as to hold it in place, as well as be removable in case I need to replace the scree in the future. The blue funtak worked well for this.

once the screen was secured in place, I installed the connector cable into the tiny ZIF connector which has s sort of flipllock lever that works by friction to trap the end of the flat mylar ribbon wire.

Hardest part was getting a 0.25mm thin ribbon wire positioned so I could slide it into the slot of the connector for the display that is on the DNA60 board, this took many MANY tries and was frustrating, but tweezers and a super tiny flat0head screwdriver were all the tools needed.

All back together, inserted battery and voila! It's ALIVE!

So I closed everything up and it's all working perfectly well now.

The replacement screen from Evolv seems a little brighter than the original to me right now.

I also discovered that intread of using a tiny Torx bit on the screws to open and close up all the parts, that a 1mm hex allen key actually works way better, does not feel like it will strip (the Torx always felt like it would strip if too much torque was applied), and the allen key also let me torque down the screws, not 'mo-fo' tight but enough that I am confident they will not easily reverse themselves out.

So my rat black BB is back in operation as normal, and all is right with the world now...:)

Pictures will be coming in next day or so to show what is described above...
upload_2018-6-5_18-21-43.jpeg

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
MORE GOOD NEWS!

:vapemail:

The pair of A-tanks I ordered on 5/23 from 3F arrived today 13 days to my door from the time of order, but the package was not picked up by the shipper via US Express until 5/26, see:

2018-06-05 12:25

LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ, 【LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ】 Delivered. Thank you for using SF Express. Looking forward to serving you again
2018-06-05 08:15

LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ, 【LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ】 Delivery in progress
2018-06-04 16:21

LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ, 【LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ】 Arrived at the local distribution center

United States, 【United States】Shipment in transit at LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ,UNITED STATES. Thanks for your waiting.
2018-06-03 16:21

Elizabeth, 【Elizabeth】 Departed from local distribution center
2018-06-03 06:39

Elizabeth, 【Elizabeth】 Arrived at the local distribution center

United States, 【United States】 Shipment arrive at United States distribution center

United States, 【United States】Shipment in transit at Elizabeth,UNITED STATES. Thanks for your waiting.
2018-06-02 14:01

HONG KONG, 【HONG KONG】 Shipment transiting to next station
2018-06-02 13:37

HONG KONG, 【HONG KONG】 Shipment arrive at HONG KONG distribution center
2018-06-02 04:07

Inwood, 【Inwood】 Collect by Agent
2018-06-02 00:41

SHENZHEN CITY, 【SHENZHEN CITY】 Shipment transiting to next station
2018-06-01 23:02

CHINA, 【CHINA】 Shipment ready for leaving the warehouse.

SHENZHEN CITY, 【SHENZHEN CITY】 Shipment arrive at SHENZHEN CITY distribution center
2018-06-01 21:58

CHINA, 【CHINA】 Shipment arrive at the warehouse.
2018-06-01 18:06

2018-05-27 04:58

2018-05-26 23:21

2018-05-26 19:42

SHENZHEN CITY, 【SHENZHEN CITY】 S.F. Express has picked up the shipment
2018-05-26 13:53

Order information saved.

After washing everything out in the sink, I installed an Aspire Triton 0.5 Ohm clapton coil head.

It was a little tricky and you really need to lube the o-rings at the top and bottom holes of the tank with juice, otherwise if you try to insert everything dry, the o-ring gets deformed and pushed out....

Speaking of which, you need to first insert the upper bridge part that goes on the top of the coil, since if you install the coil first, there is no room because the coil itself is too tall. Then thread the metal ring that is the other part of the Aspire adapter kit, onto the bottom threads of the coil, and insert the coil into the bottom hole from the outside of the tank.

I had bought a pack of these coils to try with my Eleaf Melo 3 Mini (came in the kit with the Pico 75) but never had a good vape from them as they seemed to be really shoe-horned in that tank, but in the a-tank boro they fit is nice and clean...

so HOW DOES IT VAPE???

I had to bump the wattage up to ~30w to prevent some gurgling and spitting, but HOLY CRAP, there is WAY MORE airflow than the Kanger SSOCC coils, and WAY MORE than any of the RBA heads, this is FULL DTL here folks...almost as airy as my Geekvape Zeus or Wasp Nano with the afc wide open, and so far the flavor off this coil head is unmatched, and the clouds are thick and dense, like a disco fog machine, again HOLY CRAP....

I'm gonna vape a few tanks on this coil before I test out the Triton RBA head in this tank, but again HOLY CRAP the trifecta is here - massive airflow, intense flavor and HUGE dense clouds....

so dense that I would not vape this coil out in public as it would be like the chimney of a steam engine locomotive to onlookers....

Very happy with the a-tank so far....YIPPEE! :bingo:

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MORE GOOD NEWS!

The pair of A-tanks I ordered on 5/23 from 3F arrived today 13 days to my door from the time of order, but the package was not picked up by the shipper via US Express until 5/26, see:

LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ, 【LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ】 Delivered. Thank you for using SF Express. Looking forward to serving you again

LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ, 【LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ】 Arrived at the local distribution center

United States, 【United States】Shipment in transit at LOCAL POST OFFICE, NJ,UNITED STATES. Thanks for your waiting.

United States, 【United States】 Shipment arrive at United States distribution center

United States, 【United States】Shipment in transit at Elizabeth,UNITED STATES. Thanks for your waiting.

SHENZHEN CITY, 【SHENZHEN CITY】 Shipment arrive at SHENZHEN CITY distribution center

Order information saved.

After washing everything out in the sink, I installed an Aspire Triton 0.5 Ohm clapton coil head.

It was a little tricky and you really need to lube the o-rings at the top and bottom holes of the tank with juice, otherwise if you try to insert everything dry, the o-ring gets deformed and pushed out....

Speaking of which, you need to first insert the upper bridge part that goes on the top of the coil, since if you install the coil first, there is no room because the coil itself is too tall. Then thread the metal ring that is the other part of the Aspire adapter kit, onto the bottom threads of the coil, and insert the coil into the bottom hole from the outside of the tank.

I had bought a pack of these coils to try with my Eleaf Melo 3 Mini (came in the kit with the Pico 75) but never had a good vape from them as they seemed to be really shoe-horned in that tank, but in the a-tank boro they fit is nice and clean...

so HOW DOES IT VAPE???

I had to bump the wattage up to ~30w to prevent some gurgling and spitting, but HOLY CRAP, there is WAY MORE airflow than the Kanger SSOCC coils, and WAY MORE than any of the RBA heads, this is FULL DTL here folks...almost as airy as my Geekvape Zeus or Wasp Nano with the afc wide open, and so far the flavor off this coil head is unmatched, and the clouds are thick and dense, like a disco fog machine, again HOLY CRAP....

I'm gonna vape a few tanks on this coil before I test out the Triton RBA head in this tank, but again HOLY CRAP the trifecta is here - massive airflow, intense flavor and HUGE dense clouds....

so dense that I would not vape this coil out in public as it would be like the chimney of a steam engine locomotive to onlookers....

Any chance you could compare the juice capacity with the loaded a tank vs regular tank with a kanger coil?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MORE GOOD NEWS!

Order information saved.

so HOW DOES IT VAPE???

I like the A-Tank also

I like the .9 Vaporesso cCells and .6's...ill probably order some Tobeco .5's next and see if I like them more or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Any chance you could compare the juice capacity with the loaded a tank vs regular tank with a kanger coil?
Sure. Tomorrow I will also have a Bastard Coil, and I can test the displacement of the Bastard Coil, Insider, Exocet, VapeShell, Kanger-style RBA head, and Kanger SSOCC in the standard boro tank, and then also test the Triton coil in the A-tank.

All of the bridges for the coil adapters are slightly different lengths, shapes and diameters, as well as the chimney sections of the RBA attys, so measuring length and diameter and then calculating the volume is going to be tricky, whereas measuring displacement will be more uniform across all the tanks and attys.

I can tell you that the Kanger SSOCC coil head is about 40% the size of the Aspire Triton coil head, in both width and height, and my guess, is that the SSOCC will have the least displacement, by ~1ml compared to the Triton coil.

Let me know if you want me to verify each of the above listed atty's displacement vs. remaining volume in the tank for liquid, or just the Kanger SSOCC vs the Aspire Triton clapton coils head.

I have a few 6ml syringes to use and each atty has it's own boro, and I can also provide a visual reference by lining them all up side-by-side to go along with the liquid measure.

I may not be able to get to this until Thursday, so I hope that is ok. :)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I like the A-Tank also

I like the .9 Vaporesso cCells and .6's...ill probably order some Tobeco .5's next and see if I like them more or not.

Thanks, please keep me posted.

For myself I plan to avoid any coils with ceramic anything inside, as I prefer to to risk using them.

I'm good with cotton as my sole wicking material.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I can give you exact ml of the A-Tank if you like...I have a 5ml syringe and the tank is empty atm

Edit: 4.25ml absolutely filled...no air gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good info, You beat me to it. This is also good to compare against my measurements, to see if the tanks are consistent.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
MORE GOOD NEWS!

Order information saved.

so HOW DOES IT VAPE???

I did test the Triton RTA adapter after all, as I was impatient, but there is no way to dry-burn nor test the coil before inserting into the tank. This may be a problem, since even at 15w with a 0.56 Ohm SS 26g build, I was getting a foul burnt taste, not from cotton nor like a dry hit, but more like from hot coil legs...

Also it was a real problem to get the top bridge cylinder back into the top hole of the A-tank, and I ended up sanding down the edge that gets inserted and meets the nut for the drip top so that is had a smooth taper, almost like a 0.5mm rounded chamfer to help ease it in without pushing the o-ring out. No amount of lube from juice helped and with everything slippery, it kept slipping and eventually I got it in, but it took and extraordinary amount of force, and an incredible level of finesse to get the bridge tube lined up perfectly square and in such a way that it would not force like 1/3 of the o-ring to come out the top of the tank, so my advice is if the top bridge tube of your a-tank is tight, that maybe just leave it in there once you get it in unless you REALLY really need to clean it out. I am going to see if I can source an o-ring with the same diameter but a little thinner. since the tolerances here are insanely tight, like 0.2mm too fat of an o-ring in that part of the boro tank....

Maybe later I will play with the Triton RTA adapter more and try to get a nice build in there, but also now with the a-tank, there are a few dozen different coil heads that are compatible with the Nautilus/Triton/SuperTank Mini, etc so this is a while new process to explore, and I dont know if I have the patience to go down that rabbit hole just yet...

Here are starting points for compatible coils that I have found so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tAcIDgAYFQbUtO2tbmd-YKOuC3eXS9-fUS5bATzGECQ/edit#gid=0

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

and there was a part of the wiki on /ecr on reddit but I dont have that link just now and it's late and I have to go do bed, so I will add that when I find it later...

Last edited:

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure. Tomorrow I will also have a Bastard Coil, and I can test the displacement of the Bastard Coil, Insider, Exocet, VapeShell, Kanger-style RBA head, and Kanger SSOCC in the standard boro tank, and then also test the Triton coil in the A-tank.

All of the bridges for the coil adapters are slightly different lengths, shapes and diameters, as well as the chimney sections of the RBA attys, so measuring length and diameter and then calculating the volume is going to be tricky, whereas measuring displacement will be more uniform across all the tanks and attys.

I can tell you that the Kanger SSOCC coil head is about 40% the size of the Aspire Triton coil head, in both width and height, and my guess, is that the SSOCC will have the least displacement, by ~1ml compared to the Triton coil.

Let me know if you want me to verify each of the above listed atty's displacement vs. remaining volume in the tank for liquid, or just the Kanger SSOCC vs the Aspire Triton clapton coils head.

I have a few 6ml syringes to use and each atty has it's own boro, and I can also provide a visual reference by lining them all up side-by-side to go along with the liquid measure.

I may not be able to get to this until Thursday, so I hope that is ok. :)
Yes please. Whole you're at it get them all. Be interesting to have the comparison and someone will probably find it useful besides me!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have any bridges and/or RBA that they have bought and not liked? Can be clones. I'd like the BVC bridge that comes with SXK clone, and any others you may have.

I have an insider, VS, and OCC bridge. So not those, unless someone has a VS authentic?

Payday is Saturday, so friday to most of you.

Just thought I would ask :sneaka:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have any bridges and/or RBA that they have bought and not liked? Can be clones. I'd like the BVC bridge that comes with SXK clone, and any others you may have.

I have an insider, VS, and OCC bridge. So not those, unless someone has a VS authentic?

Payday is Saturday, so friday to most of you.

Just thought I would ask :sneaka:
I've got these two that I won't be using. I've got an a-tank on the way and use the rba in the bb I have now. Not sure what the cost of these are but if you need them man they're yours
0f22ee6eaa4fcd3e7aa1c2563d3d4f7a.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got these two that I won't be using. I've got an a-tank on the way and use the rba in the bb I have now. Not sure what the cost of these are but if you need them man they're yours

Perfect, thanks.

I'm not sure value either. Post by 1st class will be $14 to Australia if you are stateside.

I'll PM you after dinner. And pay you Saturday morning :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perfect, thanks.

I'm not sure value either. Post by 1st class will be $14 to Australia if you are stateside.

I'll PM you after dinner. And pay you Saturday morning :)
Sounds good man. I'll get them to the PO tomorrow afternoon. Got a lot of work after work today unfortunately. Lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Damn! I should have just kept the Nautilus one...

All good though. I should have one coming with my silver YFTK clone!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn! I should have just kept the Nautilus one...

All good though. I should have one coming with my silver YFTK clone!

Honestly I didn't know what all I would need with it but now that I do know I don't need those two so I don't mind helping somebody out

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly I didn't know what all I would need with it but now that I do know I don't need those two so I don't mind helping somebody out

No worries brother! I would do the same thing with something I don't plan to use. I wouldn't expect anything less from you my man!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i do want the nauti bridge :)

i haven't tried my clone insider yet, so won't commit just yet. Thanks though
All good, I have an authentic coming from Greece, any time now:confused::wait:. With a little luck, the EUC coils get delivered today and I'll be able to let you guys and gals know how the MF bridge behaves.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think someone posted that SXK BB with USB is on FT but I'm a bit gun shy of ordering from them right now. The order from May 9th is clearly lost but they're dragging their feet, want to track and all that so if do order the SXK BB, it will be from 3F.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yes please. Whole you're at it get them all. Be interesting to have the comparison and someone will probably find it useful besides me!
Will do.

Likely I will use plain water to measure the volume displacement since my syringes only have 20 gauge needles and my DIY 90VG juice does not go through them at all (need to get some 14g needles with the Luer lock) and also it will save me from wasting juice.

Water should be fine for volume measurement, even though it has much less viscosity than e-juice.

I hope to have a photo of all the attys in their boro tanks, lined up with text specfic to each tank's volume, as well as will include that data as plain text in my post for easy copy/paste in case anyone wants to save it offline.

If I have enough time, I will also line up all the attys, outside of the boro tanks, so one can see a direct visual comparison of them all together.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
...BVC bridge...

I'm still trying to figure out which coils work with this, as opposed to the wide/taller Atlantis/Triton/STM/etc 'classic' coils that fit the A-tank.

I looked on the Aspire site and just got overwhelmed - please help if you can...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still trying to figure out which coils work with this, as opposed to the wide/taller Atlantis/Triton/STM/etc 'classic' coils that fit the A-tank.

I looked on the Aspire site and just got overwhelmed - please help if you can...
Welcome to my world! It's the Aspire coils but since not all coils are created equal, these work with the BVC bridge "BVC Bottom Vertical Replacement Coil 1.5-1.8Ω for Aspire K1 ET-S ET CE5S Tank"

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to my world! It's the Aspire coils but since not all coils are created equal, these work with the BVC bridge "BVC Bottom Vertical Replacement Coil 1.5-1.8Ω for Aspire K1 ET-S ET CE5S Tank"
Thanks for the info.

A preliminary search shows a 5-pack for $6.17 from this vendor, which I've never head of before:
https://perfectvape.com/aspire-et-s-k1-bvc-replacement-coils-5pk/

I'm thinking that the 1.6 Ohm version will likely be best for me, but will keep looking at other, more well known vendors.

These are pretty cheap, even cheaper than the Kanger SSOCC coils, where I've seen the 5-pack go for ~$12 on average.

Anyone used the 1.6 of these and can offer info on how it vapes?

Thanks again! :)

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do.

Likely I will use plain water to measure the volume displacement since my syringes only have 20 gauge needles and my DIY 90VG juice does not go through them at all (need to get some 14g needles with the Luer lock) and also it will save me from wasting juice.

Water should be fine for volume measurement, even though it has much less viscosity than e-juice.

I hope to have a photo of all the attys in their boro tanks, lined up with text specfic to each tank's volume, as well as will include that data as plain text in my post for easy copy/paste in case anyone wants to save it offline.

If I have enough time, I will also line up all the attys, outside of the boro tanks, so one can see a direct visual comparison of them all together.
Sounds great!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info.

A preliminary search shows a 5-pack for $6.17 from this vendor, which I've never head of before:
https://perfectvape.com/aspire-et-s-k1-bvc-replacement-coils-5pk/

I'm thinking that the 1.6 Ohm version will likely be best for me, but will keep looking at other, more well known vendors.

These are pretty cheap, even cheaper than the Kanger SSOCC coils, where I've seen the 5-pack go for ~$12 on average.

Anyone used the 1.6 of these and can offer info on how it vapes?

Thanks again! :)
I bought one five pack each of 1.8 and 1.6 ohms. Waiting for juice to run out and switch to the 1.6 ohm coil. The 1.8 is pretty good and with the plugs from Troy it is a good MTL vape.

VU Sponsors