Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what coils for the A-tank???

And where to get cheap coils???

I picked up the Vaporesso Target ccell 0.9 ohm coils from FT. $11 and change. Discounted if you buy more. I'll let you know how I like them when they get here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! That solves it then for me... I'll grab the coil bridges ;)

I can screw my Insider into my VT133 and dry fire... does the SXK not have threads?
Edited my original comment for clarity. I mean in order to check your wicking you have to go through the whole process to test it bc it's finicky, whereas the Exocet is very easy, almost fool proof, to wick.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Edited my original comment for clarity. I mean in order to check your wicking you have to go through the whole process to test it bc it's finicky, whereas the Exocet is very easy, almost fool proof, to wick.

Not to be a PITA, but I didn't have any problems with it so far, I did watch the gheekay (whatevs )YT on it and that was all, it worked fine.

Now just watch me jinx myself and the damn thing will pee all over my brand new mod! BTW, will juice mess up MoP buttons?:drunk:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to be a PITA, but I didn't have any problems with it so far, I did watch the gheekay (whatevs )YT on it and that was all, it worked fine.

Now just watch me jinx myself and the damn thing will pee all over my brand new mod! BTW, will juice mess up MoP buttons?:drunk:
I just never had any luck with wicking it. I'd give it another shot but I'd have to buy one to do so. Probably not going to happen lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best price to delivery time for the cCells is from eightvape.

eb3c2a613c6df08c130f8d6c85c6d408.png

$13.24 shipped ($2.65 a coil)

Haven't ordered from them in a long time but I got my order in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys that mtl,do you use a different drip tip than the standard? contemplating doing on with MTL and salts. Also I know wrong thread but there are salt users here. I thought salts we're for higher mg. Saw someone vaping 9mg salts. Why not just get a 9nic juice?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I originally okayed this months ago here

That's the problem though... So many to choose, Which one to pick!
I actually lucked up. I had some Atlantis coils that someone gave me a while back. Then in a trade for a bunch of MTL stuff I got 2 packs of the vapresso ccells. So at least when my a-tank gets here I'm set for a while

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best price to delivery time for the cCells is from eightvape.

eb3c2a613c6df08c130f8d6c85c6d408.png

$13.24 shipped ($2.65 a coil)

Haven't ordered from them in a long time but I got my order in 3 days

Thanks for the heads up. Also had a great price on the 0.7ohm Nautilus coils

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well now they'll be sold out. Thanks a lot!

Weird...must be something I'm missing on the phone...I can add 4 5 packs and go through check out

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys that mtl,do you use a different drip tip than the standard? contemplating doing on with MTL and salts. Also I know wrong thread but there are salt users here. I thought salts we're for higher mg. Saw someone vaping 9mg salts. Why not just get a 9nic juice?

The drip tip doesn't play as much of a role on the BB for MTL, IMO. To me, it's more about the airflow going into your coil that needs to be tight.

As far as the nic salts go, I'm vaping 18mg and it provides a nice throat hit in a 60/40 blend. 0.6 ohm coil. If you want to try some, I can send you a 30ml of either some strawberry lemon (needs work but still tasty) or a black honey RY4 I made.

Be warned though: gotta be MTL. No way to lung this stuff.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Salts seem to be smoother, some can only vape low conc. freebase nic or develop reactions (headache usually) but tolerate higher conc. nic salts.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Along the lines of nic salts and MTL, some will also have a touch of WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids) in that juice. They are that missing "something" from the juice, free base nic or salts, the other compounds found in tobacco but not in the regular juice. Two things to know about WTA, they are rather addictive so use sparingly and only when you really feel the need for a smoke. The other thing, they are expensive!

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I never had dry hits with the Insider....runs to knock wood, returns....I wick even with the deck, make sure there is no cotton in the juice channels when I put the "cap" back on. 1.39 ohms, 2.5 mm ID 32/40 clapton at 18.0w, extra long pulls, no dry hits. I haven't tried chain vaping on it, I have a feeling that would "reward" me with a dry hit sooner or later.
Glad you found a working method. Likely your juice is thinner than my DIY 90VG and as such, more cotton is not a problem.

Also, at less than ~25w, juice consumption, regardless of viscosity is likely to be less in demand, and thus also means that more cotton is not adding more 'resistance' to pulling the juice in and up to the coil.

It;s crazy that there are a handful of different atomizer heads for the BB. With one of each in it's own boro, I can just swap out a pre-built/wicked boro if I get bored with the previous one, and get a different vape experience and it's kinda like having a half-dozen different RBAs that screw into a squonker, especially since they are not all the same coil build, wire material, nor the exact same Ohms, as well as having different enough air flow to me...

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So what coils for the A-tank???

And where to get cheap coils???

I've only really tested the Aspire Triton 0.5 Ohm clapton coil head in the A-tank so far, but was too airy for me, and your 1st gen restricted DTL Dryplug made is just perfect. :)

it needs ~30-35w due to the added wire mass vs a simple round wire coil before the flavor starts to pop, but at 40w, I found it unpleasantly hot, with no gain in flavor.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Salts seem to be smoother, some can only vape low conc. freebase nic or develop reactions (headache usually) but tolerate higher conc. nic salts.
This is me right now.

With freebase any higher than 1,8mg, I get nic sick right away (and can hang with 1,5mg easily) and will typically consume 20-30ml juice per day, but with nic salts at 5mg, I am only consuming ~12-15ml per day and my lungs feel better.

All of the above was mixed DIY by me, using Nicotine River bases.

The intent for trying nic salts was to reduce juice consumption, especially when chain vaping, and the nic salts seem to reduce my chain vaping as I am getting my nic satisfaction faster, and maybe that makes me puff less and actually put the mod down.

In all of this, I am vaping the salts anywhere from 0.2 Ohms @ 40w (in a sqonking setup) up to 1.24 Ohms @ 20w (on the BB) and do not notice any specific difference in my nic tolerance due to the resistance or power applied to the coil, however with the higher restance and less continuous chain vaping, I am noticing that I am getting almost double the battery life and swapping batteries (LG HG2) a lot less...

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only really tested the Aspire Triton 0.5 Ohm clapton coil head in the A-tank so far, but was too airy for me, and your 1st gen restricted DTL Dryplug made is just perfect. :)

it needs ~30-35w due to the added wire mass vs a simple round wire coil before the flavor starts to pop, but at 40w, I found it unpleasantly hot, with no gain in flavor.
Yeah I'm trying to stay low voltage... Don't think I'll find better than 0.7ohm Nautilus coils though

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm trying to stay low voltage... Don't think I'll find better than 0.7ohm Nautilus coils though
Back in the day, way back when the Nautilus mini was the "be all, end all" for me, I was using a 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coil i think. You mean there are other coils for Nautilus?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back in the day, way back when the Nautilus mini was the "be all, end all" for me, I was using a 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coil i think. You mean there are other coils for Nautilus?
I believe those are Nautilus 2 coils and will work with the Nautilus bridge too.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yea, me too. I am chasing efficiency first, then flavor and if there are clouds then that is nice, but I dont ever see myself running massive coils at 80w or higher.

Efficiency both in terms of consumables, like wick, wire and juice as well as battery life.

Another area, is also in the performance of an atty, like in the Wasp Nano, a 0.5 Ohm Kanthal build @ 25w can yield a similar or better vape to me when compared to say a 0.25 Ohm kanthal dual-coil build in the OG Goon @ 60w.

Using the Goon will get half the battery life of the Wasp in this case and seems wasteful when the Wasp can perform as it does, likely due to the much smaller chamber, and proximity of the coil to your mouth...

I know none of the above is BB related, but ~1 Ohm @ ~20w on the BB gives a really nice vape and sips juice and battery lasts a long time too.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my new BB together and it leaked a bit. May be my wicking but it really seems that the boro is not center.put the Kanger rba in and the downpipe won't go in unless you angle it then it looks lopsided on the bottom. Not sure so waiting on the a-tank. Was another bridge in the box that fits and aspire 1.8ohm. but it's a tiny coil.not really my style of vape. Would be a good MTL if it was restricted more.
86e6c916b500182811aadbfbbd0e704d.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my new BB together and it leaked a bit. May be my wicking but it really seems that the boro is not center.put the Kanger rba in and the downpipe won't go in unless you angle it then it looks lopsided on the bottom. Not sure so waiting on the a-tank. Was another bridge in the box that fits and aspire 1.8ohm. but it's a tiny coil.not really my style of vape. Would be a good MTL if it was restricted more.
86e6c916b500182811aadbfbbd0e704d.jpg

I like bridges

Pm me the ones you're not gonna use with pics if you could.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think he's given them away already, a page or two ago!
Uea a nauti and Kanger. That's out of one mod. The other has the rba which I don't think is right. Then it has a tiny sleeve that the aspire bvc coil screws into and a longer down tube than the one that's on the rba. Surely missing the actual aspire bridge. From the video I watched the bridge looked more solid. Just waiting on the a-tank for this one.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok, tomorrow, maybe

1st class generally doesn't have that many stop overs

if not tomorrow, then monday

ordered almost 2 weeks ago :tantrum:

Destination: Australia
2018-06-07 11:10 TULLAMARINE VIC, Processed through Australia Post facility
2018-06-05 12:42 MELBOURNE VIC, Arrived at facility in destination country
2018-06-02 11:13 SAN FRANCISCO (US), Processed through facility
2018-05-29 17:53 US-84402, UNITED STATES, Received by overseas carrier
Origin: United States
2018-06-05 12:42 AUSTRALIA, Processed Through Facility, Your item was processed through a facility in AUSTRALIA on June 5, 2018 at 12:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
2018-06-04 13:49 AUSTRALIA, MELBOURNE, Departed
2018-06-02 19:17 UNITED STATES, SAN FRANCISCO, Arrived
2018-06-02 14:01 UNITED STATES, SAN FRANCISCO, Arrived
2018-06-02 11:13 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility
2018-06-02 08:52 SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-06-02 08:52 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility
2018-06-01 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility
2018-05-31 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility
2018-05-30 23:49 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 22:38 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 21:07 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 15:35 RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 06:50 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Departed USPS Facility
2018-05-30 02:10 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Arrived at USPS Facility
2018-05-30 01:59 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 19:08 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 17:53 OGDEN, UT 84402, Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
2018-05-28 08:12 OGDEN, UT 84402, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
======================================