Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I twist mine a bit so the wick stays up against the glass/rear of the Boro.
3b00bb1da45357ef665ba6d37572e709.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
whats that screw supposed to do?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the exocet clone a long time ago and all i got were dry hits or flooding. So I was afraid of the same thing with the xeta. I do like the build deck though.
The wicking ports are greatly improved over the Exocet AND it has those juiceflow screws that you can raise or lower to fit whatever wicking you use. I managed to get the Exocet where I wanted it with a 3mm coil, but it is not forgiving. You have to get it just right and then twist the top cap a bit to squeeze the cotton. That is a thing of the past with the Xeta.

Also, at least with the SXK Exocet clone, the post screws are a royal pain to get the wire trapped. The Xeta uses a simple bottom mounted, side install clamp system that a chimpanzee would have no problem with.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still dont understand how you can empty a tank with the wicks being so high.
If for some reason I need to open it up before it's empty I just use the juice bottle to suck the remaining juice out. Hold the bottle upright, squeeze some air out, tilt the juice in the boro to a corner and stick the nozzle in there and let go. Same with the Exocet.

Otherwise I just refill it before it gets below the cotton.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My only beef with the Xeta is that your boro o-rings have to be pristine otherwise they bunch up on you. I can deal with that though... Looking into getting some softer red ones from Amazon.
Yeah, with the YFTK clone, the chimney and bottom seal thing were pretty tight .Have to make sure everything's lubed up with some juice and even then took a little effort, but worked out fine.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I initially liked the .8 insert with the 1.5 chimney but I got over it, just a little too tight. All I can do not to drill it out to 1mm and 2mm but don't want to jack them up. So I've been waiting for Haku to stick it to me for the mtl kit....

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2.5mm coil and you should have plenty of wick to fill the space. I use a 2mm and raise the screws on the sides. Works perfectly for me. No gurgling, no dry hits... but I vape MTL and 60/40 vg/pg, too so take that into account.

Sent from the Death Star
Music to my ears. Exactly how I vape, and 2 Xeta's on the way. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, how long before SXK will drop this one on the market? I'm sure it will be cheaper and the only question is whether or not it plays nice with the authentic Xeta.
Good question, figured they would get around to it by now to get an extra 5 bucks for the set.

The airflow button with the two small holes is my absolute favorite!

Sent from the Death Star
Me and Bear are stuck with the Goldilocks syndrome, haha

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I'll go with the 1.4mm.

Why wouldn't the chimney inserts match the airflow inserts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A couple configurations do, most don't exactly.
His English is a little off sometimes, I have to read his posts 2 or 3 times.
If I had an SXK I would drill the smallest until I was happy. I just don't want to do that to an authentic, hell I may sell it to you next week, lol

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Looks like I need to read your post 2 or 3 time too as I'm dumb, mostly.
Volumetrics

Can achieve greater concentrations with smaller inlets to outlets with less suction.

Same goes in reverse, can have greater head pressure with a larger inlet to a smaller outlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There ya go...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait how does 2x1mm holes =1.4mm?

The area of 1mm is .785 rounded... having 2 of those is actually 1.5... but to me it looks like they are using 3 rather than pi which is 3.1416...

The area of a circle is:

π Pi times the Radius squared: A = π r2
or, when you know the Diameter: A = (π/4) × D2
or, when you know the Circumference: A = C2 / 4πA = π r2

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just remember... most volume is done in cubed (Inch...mm...ft. etc) if you take a 1x1 square you can fit a 1mm diameter circle in it... BUT there is that extra on the outside of the edge of the circle within the square... thats the % difference.

So when you ask, how is 2x1 not 2... well volume lol...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its similar to earlier when I read you guys talking about the inserts for the Xeta...

I know there is 3 points of volume difference... I think you all were concentrating on 2 (Inserts only, not the DT bore)

Having the one in the chimney section is doing very little compared to the one in the deck/dt... besides turbulence... if anything I would look how to maximize the stepping...

For instance...

A (Deck) for simple terms is a 1mm the Chimney (B) should be larger by whatever...and your DT (C) should be the largest of the 3... this will maximize the draw force... but what this does also, is cause the draw vacuum to possibly be to high and mute flavor.

I mean you all are doing exactly what I am saying already, just probably unknowingly... Myself I just see it when I am interested in an Atty... I look at AF inlet, deck AF and having an assortment of drip tips... I can fine tune the vape.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh didn't think of it that way.

In the vapeshells I use the 1.2mm insert so it looks like I'd have to go with the 1.4mm insert and 3mm chimney.

We'll see.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just used the 2x1mm insert under the coil and no chimney reducer and it's pretty tight. I'm going to try it with the 3mm chimney reducer next. I know that won't make it any tighter, but it might further increase the vapor concentration and therefore the flavor which is already really good.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just used the 2x1mm insert under the coil and no chimney reducer and it's pretty tight. I'm going to try it with the 3mm chimney reducer next. I know that won't make it any tighter, but it might further increase the vapor concentration and therefore the flavor which is already really good.
Yeah it definitely feels a lot tighter than 1.4mm total. Feels more like 1.0 to me... tighter than a 1.2 on my Dvarw.

Sent from the Death Star

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed on all counts, but I have a couple authentics. Best BB RBA I've used and I've tried the Exo, Insider, and VapeShell. My only beef with the Xeta is that your boro o-rings have to be pristine otherwise they bunch up on you. I can deal with that though... Looking into getting some softer red ones from Amazon.

Sent from the Death Star
Posted this awhile back. Got these of Amazon but they show unavailable now.

Buna N rings seem to be slicker, softer and more consistent than the silicon rings on the SXK boros. Same rings as the authentic.
Red Vitons are good but I can't find them in the right size.

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1851

On the site they show orders less than $15 ships for $3 but in cart estimate shows more, might drop them an e-mail.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Probably a stupid question, but that is my forte sooo......
Do BB just naturally read ohms high? I have put a lot of my standard builds in them, both SXK and BB, and all of them read high. Even when I use a Nauty coil or Nord, high. Not really a big deal, I can adjust my wraps, just wondering.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'm really curious to hear how you like the Xeta, and me as well. Like you, I love the vapeshell. My only complaint was the af plastic thingy, hated it. But I just put an o ring on there that reduces it by about 1/2, and I find it really hard to think I will like the Xeta better, but man if I do.......

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really curious to hear how you like the Xeta, and me as well. Like you, I love the vapeshell. My only complaint was the af plastic thingy, hated it. But I just put an o ring on there that reduces it by about 1/2, and I find it really hard to think I will like the Xeta better, but man if I do.......

ditto. The only thing i like more on the xeta (without having used it yet) is the build deck.

I hate trying to clamp fused claptons with just a screw.

and yeah, the AF control on the vapeshell is trash lol

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do BB just naturally read ohms high? I have put a lot of my standard builds in them, both SXK and BB, and all of them read high. Even when I use a Nauty coil or Nord, high. Not really a big deal, I can adjust my wraps, just wondering.

My last two builds in my vapeshell have been spot on at 0.7 ohms.

If i use an 0.5 EUC coil, sometimes they do jump up to 0.6.

I've also noticed that i get a better reading when using the standard 510 nut as compared to an integrated drip tip.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My last two builds in my vapeshell have been spot on at 0.7 ohms.

If i use an 0.5 EUC coil, sometimes they do jump up to 0.6.

I've also noticed that i get a better reading when using the standard 510 nut as compared to an integrated drip tip.
Hmm, I have only used the standard nut. Maybe I need to tighten it more, but I am a bit scared of over tightening?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

As for the BB reading Ωs off... it does.

But...

You have a build you like, just use it... there is no need to remove a wrap, or add a wrap, if the build is what you like... Its a regulated device... watts in, thats it.

Had a similar conversation with a guy the other day... how he was explaining to me that an Alien coil is different than a plain jane coil ;) and I explained to him that the mod sees the coil no differently... its all watts in.

I did concede that there are physical differences, how long ramp up takes and perceived vape differences can be, but yeah... coil is a coil and watts are watts.

TL;DR if you built the coil to .70 and it reads .60 on the BB... you WIN! Its a regulated ;) Even if you are utilizing TC... 'lil chip will compensate and adjust accordingly... same with applying the wattage you set... especially if you use temp sensing wire... ohms go all over the place anyway ;)

Hi5

#morningcoffeethoughts

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone here have a MF bridge full kit they're not using? How does it compare to the SXK MTL kit?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone here have a MF bridge full kit they're not using? How does it compare to the SXK MTL kit?
I don't have a MF Bridge anymore but I do have two of the SXK bridges. I like the SXK bridge now that it fits the Drizzle coils. I actually prefer the design over the MF bc it allows for more juice capacity and it has less pieces. My only issue is the little plastic AFC rings that fit on the bottom of the coil doesn't restrict it enough for my taste and it's a bitch and a half to position once you have it on the coil. If you try to pull it off again it will pull the pin out of the coil head and you run the risk of screwing up the leads on the wire. If you can get past that you can use it with a MTL DryPlug that will help tighten it up a bit, though.
FYI, it appears that Mod Factory is taking pre-orders for a Drizzle specific MF Bridge.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This has to be the absolute dumbest route UPS has ever taken

75d7d3e5bd2f5245c6a036024d651087.jpg

Tracking for my Apple Card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
According to Haku these prices are set low. :crazy:
View attachment 148009

I saw that earlier this morning...

What is retarded is regardless of wanting a vanity item, you still have to pay $7.90 or whatever they charge think its $10 to ship a replacement part.

It's really bad tact for them to charge that... and there is no convincing me its justified.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw that earlier this morning...

What is retarded is regardless of wanting a vanity item, you still have to pay $7.90 or whatever they charge think its $10 to ship a replacement part.

It's really bad tact for them to charge that... and there is no convincing me its justified.
I call shenanigans

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys, we need to prowl the other threads and pull some more people into this rabbit hole.

So we have more people to buy our stuff lol.

Your wish is my command.

I stumbled upon the bb thread at the other forum and ended up here. Have 2 sxk bb 60w dna incoming. Also Xeta, spare boro and A-tanks, panels.

Plan to set up the Xeta for DL and the other for tight mtl with drop in coils. Got a couple pointers from brewbear. What do you all think of this for a mtl bridge?

https://modfactory.ecwid.com/#!/BilletBox/c/22155282/offset=0&sort=normal

It takes mini euc coils. Are euc mini and drizzle the same thing? I was gonna try the mini euc 1.3 ohm.
Hoping to learn a ton from you lot.
cheers

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your wish is my command.

I stumbled upon the bb thread at the other forum and ended up here. Have 2 sxk bb 60w dna incoming. Also Xeta, spare boro and A-tanks, panels.

Plan to set up the Xeta for DL and the other for tight mtl with drop in coils. Got a couple pointers from brewbear. What do you all think of this for a mtl bridge?

It takes mini euc coils. Are euc mini and drizzle the same thing? I was gonna try the mini euc 1.3 ohm.
cheers
Nice! I believe they are the same thing. There's a few people here that use them so they'll chime in soon.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plan to set up the Xeta for DL and the other for tight mtl with drop in coils.
cheers
The Xeta is also great for tight MTL. :D I just ordered a second one to try for DTL. Some of the other guys have a lot more experience with the subohm setups than I do.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your wish is my command.

cheers
Yep I can confirm that the Drizzle coils and Mini EUC are the same thing. That new Mod Factory Bridge looks nice... it used to be an add-on called the Full Kit/MTL Kit to use with the normal EUC bridge they made previously. That allowed you to use the same bridge for the larger coils or the mini-Drizzles.
Also consider the SXK Bridge as it also uses the Drizzle coils.

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors