Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy bat shit, Batman! Hanging out in the goddam sales thread on Bladesforum is like tap dancing in a mine field! I gotta cancel that account.....tomorrow...if I don't forget:vino:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Holy bat shit, Batman! Hanging out in the goddam sales thread on Bladesforum is like tap dancing in a mine field! I gotta cancel that account.....tomorrow...if I don't forget:vino:

did you see the 2 $800'ish blades ? if i win the lottery, yep.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you see the 2 $800'ish blades ? if i win the lottery, yep.
The two Shirogorovs? That was a bargain, I think they were about $ 1100 each in the store, and that's waaaay above my pay grade!
I received the two Land folders ($ 28 on flea bay) they are model 9103. Frame lock, centered , sharp-ish blade on ball bearings. Really like them.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shiro’s are rad... way more than I’d pay...

Production CRK prices are about my max... and their top regular production in cost is $850

This guys 31...$475

I’d love to get the box elder and Damascus but I’d be afraid to ever use it lol

Pj... yeah no issues with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Colt M8A1. i used to have a M3 (i think their called) real military.

View attachment 152586
I could just see myself walking around with that strapped to my belt!
be44f7a6-c3a5-11e9-85b1-062e737cfa80.jpeg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see that Large Micarta Insingo Inkosi for 490 LOL

I paid $100 less for mine almost new from BF sales

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The one knife I'd seriously trade both my CRKs for is the Blade HQ Carbon Fiber Inkosi

upload_2020-1-1_13-3-40.png

And I'd seriously consider trading both for the Blade HQ CF Sebenza 21

upload_2020-1-1_13-4-59.png

Which is in stock for 550 ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the Small Inkosi is a decent price... almost nabbed one on FB for $230 the other day... but I'd be spending the Seb31 money

I would like to get a Large PJ Inkosi though... but then again, it would take from the Seb31 money LOL
I feel you there! I found a mini griptilian in M4 for $130 but that'll take from the Sebenza fund!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I owned the CF Seb... it would immediately be sent to CRK to have the Silver dual thumb studs added, and then I'd add a Jekyll Back spacer and be done.

upload_2020-1-1_13-10-15.png

I so want this back spacer, but they are $115 lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you get your Seb31 Brew, get a Jekyll backspacer... it cleans the knife up

Or maybe just get a Zaan since those go for cheap all the time... then get a backspacer

upload_2020-1-1_13-13-52.png

cept this Zaan is like $1800 lol

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little over a month ago I bought an MF bridge from @BobsHere and I gotta say I'm amazed at how long the EUC 0.5 ceramic coil has lasted. I'm guessing I've filled that boro 20 times and it still has great flavor. Running it at 35w and it's a great restricted DTL vape. Looking forward to changing out the coil and adapter to the 1.3ohm MTL coil, but it just won't die. Careful what I wish for, huh?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is universal testimony to this very thing. Everybody says how good the EUC ceramics are. I have a box that I haven't tried yet. The bridge too.
I'll be the one that says I thought the EUC coils sucked then ;)

I either had shitty coils (tried a bunch) or just didn't know how to use them... but I disliked the vape I got from it when I had my BB

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be the one that says I thought the EUC coils sucked then ;)

I either had shitty coils (tried a bunch) or just didn't know how to use them... but I disliked the vape I got from it when I had my BB
I'm easy.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
hey, wth are you guys talking about, isn't this the knife thread ? :teehee:

btw, don & brew. a knife like mine sold on ebay for $125, but it was i little on the rough side. just say'n

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@~Don~
My brass constant contact switch came in for the Dreamer. Through it on and took a couple pulls. IMMEDIATELY noticed the difference. Hit harder, switch didn't get warm.

Only had a few seconds to play as my wife has an appointment for what I like to call The Third and Final Installment (kid #3).

More science is needed. Also wonder if I should get it cerakoted to match the tube or if I'll keep it as an accent.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~
My brass constant contact switch came in for the Dreamer. Through it on and took a couple pulls. IMMEDIATELY noticed the difference. Hit harder, switch didn't get warm.

Only had a few seconds to play as my wife has an appointment for what I like to call The Third and Final Installment (kid #3).

More science is needed. Also wonder if I should get it cerakoted to match the tube or if I'll keep it as an accent.

Sent from the Death Star

I think for what you paid, adding more cost puts you at a value not so much a bargain anymore

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And also, if anyone need a nice SBS mod for their Dvarws (etc) they're doing a group buy at Squonk Merica on FB for the Easy by Sunbox and Ambition Mods. Looks to be around $78 after shipping and fees. Proprietary 60 watt chip modeled after the DNA. Todd seemed to like it... it also has an upgraded 510.
No affiliation, I just think it looks nice and wanted to give my friends here a shot. Let me know if anyone needs me to get on the list.
71b9a1efff794423b6c2706e7bbc04c5.jpg
ac0ca0d5ba9411763f9accf0748f7de7.jpg
d0354f63647f990aee73492559446711.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think for what you paid, adding more cost puts you at a value not so much a bargain anymore

You mean for the cerakote? That makes sense.
$47 for the mod from 3F, and now $25 shipped for the switch. Not too bad.

Sent from the Death Star

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You mean for the cerakote? That makes sense.
$47 for the mod from 3F, and now $25 shipped for the switch. Not too bad.

Sent from the Death Star

Yeah... the cerakoting probably run you $20-35... be at a hundred when done.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I was planning on testing out the new switch tonight, but the wife's blood pressure was high so the OB sent her to the hospital for monitoring. Well that turned into a 24 hour monitoring. BP is fine now 5 hours later... baby is totally fine.
My sous vide strip steaks that were cooking this afternoon are probably no good now. Took them out after a half hour and they're vacuum sealed but probably best not to take chances.

TL;DR: Literally wasting 24 hours in a hospital. Stealth vaping my Grimm Kit tho

Sent from the Death Star

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I was planning on testing out the new switch tonight, but the wife's blood pressure was high so the OB sent her to the hospital for monitoring. Well that turned into a 24 hour monitoring. BP is fine now 5 hours later... baby is totally fine.
My sous vide strip steaks that were cooking this afternoon are probably no good now. Took them out after a half hour and they're vacuum sealed but probably best not to take chances.

TL;DR: Literally wasting 24 hours in a hospital. Stealth vaping my Grimm Kit tho

Sent from the Death Star
Prayers for your wife and baby. Sorry you're going through this.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Prayers for your wife and baby. Sorry you're going through this.
Thanks for the kind words. Honestly it isn't a big deal as it stands now. We have a C-section scheduled for 1/27 if she doesn't go into labor before then due to the blood pressure issue, not so much the health of the baby. Baby's all rock n roll in there!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to echo the sentiment above, prayers and good vibes coming your way. Glad to hear both are fine.
About a million years ago, in another lifetime, I was a trauma team tech (night shift) while getting my degrees in biochem and human genetics. I can tell you first hand that elevated or low blood pressure can go south in a hurry. I still remember a patient, 23 y/o that came in with high blood pressure. He was pronounced 45 minutes later. The reason it is etched in my memory is because that happened the day I turned 23.
The way I see it, it wasn't wasted 24 hours under observation, it was the best you could do for them and yourself. As for the steaks, drop by and I'll cook for you as much as you can eat and take some home too! :vino:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to echo the sentiment above, prayers and good vibes coming your way. Glad to hear both are fine.
About a million years ago, in another lifetime, I was a trauma team tech (night shift) while getting my degrees in biochem and human genetics. I can tell you first hand that elevated or low blood pressure can go south in a hurry. I still remember a patient, 23 y/o that came in with high blood pressure. He was pronounced 45 minutes later. The reason it is etched in my memory is because that happened the day I turned 23.
The way I see it, it wasn't wasted 24 hours under observation, it was the best you could do for them and yourself. As for the steaks, drop by and I'll cook for you as much as you can eat and take some home too! :vino:
Haha you're absolutely right, Brew. Better safe than sorry!
To be honest, I wasn't having a great day before this and this was just the icing on the crap cake, so to speak. I'm just being whiney

Also, I just read that I saved the steaks! If I get them back up to 131 (slightly overcooked but better than trashing them) I'm all set to sear and enjoy them tomorrow

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
somewhere betwween 100-800
I'm afraid that will be for the box:confused: I actually saw them, they were the Blade Show Special, 12 of them made. I had to stay a few steps away from the table 'cause I didn't wand to drool on the table. They are way above and beyond my pay grade and besides, I just don't see myself carrying it in my pocket. Maybe a Russian Mafia Capo would, but I sure as hell would have it insured and locked up un a bank vault.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i am sure the quality is top notch. but otherwise = just paying for a name ?

VU Sponsors