Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’d go with our resident modder Arlo before the others for panels...

I’d rock one of his “scroll to top” branded G10 stock panels

fdf31a13974385e866b145aff3408d8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure he does G10 anymore. Just acrylic and some special resin ones I believe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@R3alJim Shady thank you.

I’d go with our resident modder Arlo before the others for panels...

I’d rock one of his “scroll to top” branded G10 stock panels

fdf31a13974385e866b145aff3408d8e.jpg

Is it @Arlos ?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was all excited expecting to just screw the af plug in, put in the screws and build it.

I ran into this problem with the af plug right away so I took it all apart to get the plug out of the pin and I put the parts in the box along with the stuff from the spares bag that I'd already poured out in there.

I watched every video there is about this tank. Some 2 or 3 times. I felt like an expert even though I'd never touched one yet and it isn't that complicated to begin with, so I figured it should be no problem getting it back together between the spares and the parts from the tank itself.

I got it working, but I'm not fully confident in the way it's put together. I'll explain more when I get a chance. I don't mean to whine, but I'm betting you guys will understand better with some more information. I'd like to think I'm not an imbecile and that I have enough skill at this point to deal with an rta.

@dubya314 i scanned the QR code just in case and it checked out. The build quality except for the threads in the pin is excellent though.

@R3alJim Shady I did think of that, but if you look, the plug is enclosed in the pin. It never gets near the negative side of the tank.

@~Don~ Like I say. I feel bad for whining :( You know how it is when you envision the way things are going to go........................ and then they don't.

BTW, I'm not down on Svoe Mestro about this. They have a stellar reputation over many years. Even the best company can have some problems slip through QC on occasion. It just sucks when it's you :D
Didn't mean you got a clone, just meant you shouldn't have to deal with that. Idk what you mean by washers? Should only be one O ring that fits the bottom of the 510, and yeah the pin does protrude quite a bit.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never thought you were whining.

We’d love pictures of your method in putting it all back together.

To me it’s always lubed o-rings that don’t allow things to go back together properly, you think you have enough, and crunch, you pinch an O-ring and a thousandths here and a thousandths there and it looks all wonky.
No o-ring that is supposed to go on the pin on the inside of the base around the hole where the pin comes through, looks like the right size IF there were any mating surfaces for an o-ring, which there aren't. There is no channel around the hole and the part of the pin that touches that o-ring is hexagonal in circumference and square in profile and therefore has NO mating surface friendly to ANY o-ring. You just stick it in there and if you tighten it, it easily slips up around the hexagonal part where the airflow hole is and covers the hole. It's like there was supposed to be a machined channel there for the o-ring to sit in in the base, but it's not there.

THEN there are these Teflon insulator rings that keep the positive pin away from the negative deck. The space they go in is stepped. One fits in the shallower step and one fits in the deeper step. One at a time. It's either or.

The deeper one provides the right positive protrusion at the bottom of the 510 pin where it screws into a mod, but the top of the pin then sticks up into the deck forcing me to pull the coil up high not to touch it.

The shallower one provides the right protrusion of the top of the pin into the deck, but then the bottom of the pin protrudes WAY outta the 510 where it screws into a mod. I mean as in like 3mm. It would produce a HUGE gap between the base of the tank and the mod.

I'm using the deeper ring and the legs of my coil are just barely clearing the top of the pin. This is one tight deck. That's not a bad thing, it's supposed to be like that.

The mystery thicker small o-ring is just kinda squished in there between the hexagonal airflow and the base. It does not fit there, but better than any of the other ones.

This is NOT a complex rta. Something is wrong.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No o-ring that is supposed to go on the pin on the inside of the base around the hole where the pin comes through, looks like the right size IF there were any mating surfaces for an o-ring, which there aren't. There is no channel around the hole and the part of the pin that touches that o-ring is hexagonal in circumference and square in profile and therefore has NO mating surface friendly to ANY o-ring. You just stick it in there and if you tighten it, it easily slips up around the hexagonal part where the airflow hole is and covers the hole. It's like there was supposed to be a machined channel there for the o-ring to sit in in the base, but it's not there.

THEN there are these Teflon insulator rings that keep the positive pin away from the negative deck. The space they go in is stepped. One fits in the shallower step and one fits in the deeper step. One at a time. It's either or.

The deeper one provides the right positive protrusion at the bottom of the 510 pin where it screws into a mod, but the top of the pin then sticks up into the deck forcing me to pull the coil up high not to touch it.

The shallower one provides the right protrusion of the top of the pin into the deck, but then the bottom of the pin protrudes WAY outta the 510 where it screws into a mod. I mean as in like 3mm. It would produce a HUGE gap between the base of the tank and the mod.

I'm using the deeper ring and the legs of my coil are just barely clearing the top of the pin. This is one tight deck. That's not a bad thing, it's supposed to be like that.

The mystery thicker small o-ring is just kinda squished in there between the hexagonal airflow and the base. It does not fit there, but better than any of the other ones.

The o-ring you're talking about butts up against the bottom of the hexagonal portion of the pin. This vid should help you assemble it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Idk if I am helping any, but I'm tryin... sounds like you have it together right, you do have to pull up your coil a bit to not touch the pin. Idk about that o ring, it should not slide up over the hexagonal part or I would think it would block your af. Mine do fit loose, but I just screw it together, never given a problem. I guess it could be sliding up and I don't know it, but again I think that would cut off af.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought the same thing when I first saw that pin, somethings gotta be wrong. But it must be short threaded or something, sits flush on all mods
15937366134471408586956.jpg
15937367127202054062376.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I take my fingers, I can easily slip that O ring up over the hexagon part, but I don't believe it happens when tightening the deck, or it would leak and mess up the AF

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy 4th to you all.

Going to meet up with the baby sis this evening before she heads back to Arizona in the morning.

Wish I had family that lived closer, I have some distant cousins that I met once when I was a teenager... but none are any closer than my sis in Phoenix... mums in Albuquerque, older sis in Midland Michigan, older brother Mabalacat Philippines

Anyway, relevance

54b92552680fb2d9f9a8c410aa7df5cb.jpg

12th tank, 3rd rewick...out and about mod... it has become good friends with Inkosi hanging out with each other in the same pocket

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Stupid things vapers say"
A comment made on a post about the Dotaio Frost Edition
d133f0418b0a1a1f8a9b5ce05a2aaf1d.jpg

my goodness... I was going to laugh if it was mech... then quickly read the last few words and its about the DotAIO lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I know why the BMM BB integrals are $20 shipped...

They be shit

I just don’t feel confident using it... screw it in and it bottoms out really fast and doesn’t feel it locked into the top of the chimney right.

Threading is janky as shit... had to run a wire brush over the threads to remove the burrs... and it seems there is only 1.5 threads actually making contact... and the wobble within the threads... shit lol

Think I’ll just modify the factory nut to a flush one and use a drip tip I actually like.

Asked for straight black ()
Asked for it to be as tall as their Tall Volcanos (11mm )

I’ll email him, if I get shit excuses, I’ll just do a charge back

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They be shit

I just don’t feel confident using it... screw it in and it bottoms out really fast and doesn’t feel it locked into the top of the chimney right.

Threading is janky as shit... had to run a wire brush over the threads to remove the burrs... and it seems there is only 1.5 threads actually making contact... and the wobble within the threads... shit lol

Think I’ll just modify the factory nut to a flush one and use a drip tip I actually like.

This
giphy.gif

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They be shit

That is a bummer. I don't have any trouble with mine.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is a bummer. I don't have any trouble with mine.

I think I’d nitpick free shit

Looks nice once it’s on... hides the ugly ass threads, but it’s short and the diameter is much smaller than I prefer.

I’ll just grab something I like more in regular 510 and modify the nut flush.

Have a bunch of original dot mod friction 510’s, which go in really tight in the factory nut... make it a flush nut and it will act as an integral.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, the Vandy Vape Pulse 2 actually looks nice. Tony B put up his vid for it today. Waterproof board, you can fill the bottle from the bottom without removing it, and 21700. Might kick one up and give squonking a go again.

I'm a huge sqounk fan,but the previous Pulse models never interested me at all.That one though,it's pretty damn cool looking,if the price isn't too bad,i may have to add one to my collection.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a huge sqounk fan,but the previous Pulse models never interested me at all.That one though,it's pretty damn cool looking,if the price isn't too bad,i may have to add one to my collection.
My thoughts exactly. This one looks to be much more solid and better quality.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know a guy who payed 49 euros for the pulse v2. Whatever that figures to US price.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well damn! You guys see this?! I love my Reaper V3 so I'm definitely m looking forward to this one. If this undercuts the Snail on price, it should prove pretty popular. Hoping for 80 US but expecting 120.
Todd did an unboxing vid in his FB group the other day. Not released yet, but I'll update you guys if I see it.
4690a3b8805cf45fc5e1caad9b3b65e8.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well damn! You guys see this?! I love my Reaper V3 so I'm definitely m looking forward to this one. If this undercuts the Snail on price, it should prove pretty popular. Hoping for 80 US but expecting 120.
Todd did an unboxing vid in his FB group the other day. Not released yet, but I'll update you guys if I see it.

Should be cheaper since they are using PC tanks... Snails switched to the PCTG which is resistant to "Tank Cracking" juices.

Now maybe they just listed it as PC and it actually is PCTG... but I would think they would make that a known fact.

1594224100396.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hmm quotes are rather weird now... puts the replies within the quote box rather than outside

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm quotes are rather weird now... puts the replies within the quote box rather than outside
No worries, I got it. Looks like I'll be on the hook for the ultem. Odd choice since the Reaper V3 comes standard with ultem.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Why? WHY?!?!?!?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you need to move that Kayfun to make room give me a shout!
Nah, that won't be happnin :D We're getting along fine now, but I hope you guys understand better now my trouble at first. I was afraid I'd be looked upon as a meathead who can't sort out a simple rta lol.

Links don't contrast well wuith the site upgrade. I have one in my last post if you didn't catch it. More info on this new rba.

Everybody needs to stop putting out stuff I want. :wait:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, that won't be happnin :D We're getting along fine now, but I hope you guys understand better now my trouble at first. I was afraid I'd be looked upon as a meathead who can't sort out a simple rta lol.

Links don't contrast well wuith the site upgrade. I have one in my last post if you didn't catch it. More info on this new rba.

Everybody needs to stop putting out stuff I want. :wait:
Oh yeah the link showed up fine via Crapatalk. It was pretty funny. I love my Reaper V3 so it should be a pretty easy transition. I'm more excited about this than the Snail, honestly

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah the link showed up fine via Crapatalk. It was pretty funny. I love my Reaper V3 so it should be a pretty easy transition. I'm more excited about this than the Snail, honestly

Is that the fill port toward the bottom left?

VU Sponsors