Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just a guy. But you've always do e me right. Even when you didn't have to when the usps crushed that orca squonk I bought from you. Was literally my first authentic squonker and the post office ran I over. Friggin tire marks everywhere. Solid as a rock dude you are for sure.

Sent from a pile of wood chips
Oh man, that was a sweet little squonk box too! What was that, like, 2 or 3 years ago?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, that was a sweet little squonk box too! What was that, like, 2 or 3 years ago?

Yea a few years back. Then went right back and tried again with success the TD squonk with triangle cut doors. I think wildgypsy70 has that one now

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea a few years back. Then went right back and tried again with success the TD squonk with triangle cut doors. I think wildgypsy70 has that one now

Got me thinking about putting another one together now...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually excited about the smugglers drip tip.

After much debate on which hybrid to get... had the authentic Mission XV in the cart, just couldn’t pull the trigger on a $50 drip tip

Same with the JMKs and Atmistiques... none were black...

Not a fan of whistle tips, except for HellFire, but then again $50

I decided on smugglers for $20 shipped, looked nice in straight black... asked for it to be as tall as their regular volcano tip... (11mm tall compared to 9mm) shall see if they do.

But most of all, BMM and Smugglers are located in New Mexico, a state I lived in, graduated High School from, learned the trade of HVAC and where my mums and pops live... so giving $20 to them was an easy choice, plus they’re made of the same aluminum vs stainless of factory and shouldn’t eat the threads as the factory but can with prolonged use.

If it rocks and looks good, I’ll be officially complete with “customizing” the BB, and all the happier. I had such a sour taste the last time with the BB, but this time... thus far... right as rain.

Tangent...

Pico 75 is my go to cheap mod for 23mm or smaller atomizers... plethora of color options, CHEAP... and works fairly well in TC with Arctic Fox... have it paired with a Dvarw MTL clone with Steam Tuners 3.5ml cap... $40

Tangent 2...

I should put an opinion based post up on great looking cheap combos people can buy to have a great vape experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy as a pig in mud

Recoiled the Snail... no reason besides wanting to see what it looked like after 5 tanks of juice...

5ee1e4f9e250aea1d772c951648a9077.jpg

That is 27w vaping using Gypsy’s HCC juice at 70/30 vg/pg

So yanked it and stuck in a 24g N80 2.5mm 7 wrap in, and what I like a lot about this thing... don’t have to wick it a certain way... just stuff the wick channel and look under and make sure the cotton isn’t sitting on the af and life is good.

Slapped it back together, poured some Red Pill 60/40 I have made... woot.

Only thing is that the Red Pill is 6mg oogles... but I only have 90mls of it left

giphy.gif

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll be officially complete with “customizing” the BB
young-man-white-shirt-showing-260nw-1267574167_cr.jpg
==============================
I am genuinely happy you're enjoying it this time. :) The Vapesnail too. Lotsa possibilities there.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is what I'm talkin about. Vaped the shell down to no liquid and almost no vapor with 430 stainless in TC.
View attachment 163948

Did that with the snail... just no TC... well Caveman TC with the ole thumb lol

I need to find that roll of clear tape I have... and tape the bottom side of the BB...to eliminate table rash. Have a strip of blue painters tape on it now haha...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a good idea. Why are you getting rid of the Gen 3 Dual already btw?

Oh I mailed that off 2 days ago lol

It was purely an impulse buy... I'm truly a mech head.

Plus I have a $460 knife that is about ready and need to pay... so selling off stuff I wont use or not using... plus don't want to hear the wife say what she normally does when I buy expensive shit.

Oh you bought another knife I see... or ... do you really need another gun?

I sometimes wonder if I need you with that nagging lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This sexy thing...

upload_2020-6-28_15-17-42.png

Ordered it at the end of January... well put my interest in for it... he was at a 5 month back log then... and he would still have to make it... which can take him a week or two or three. Then it takes the trip from the Ukraine to California :D

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crazy times

855cf873f337cc78f990d9490d08d8b2.jpg

Packed up and into the drawer.

Even packed up the pair of HG6 20650’s I have for it... just had to discharge them.

Such a great mech, just fell out of favor.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of you Kayfun guys have any thoughts on the accessory deck pin that tightens up the draw at the top even more? I kinda like that idea and it's cheap.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of you Kayfun guys have any thoughts on the accessory deck pin that tightens up the draw at the top even more? I kinda like that idea and it's cheap.
I had one and it was too tight for me, but I like the draw looser than you do typically. I think you'd like it.
Also, if you have it, put a little plumbers tape around the AFC screw in the 510 pin. Otherwise you might have a little seepage.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'd be hesitant with a purchase that size for sure.
Only going to get worse when the new system is finalized... no more feedback.

Guess we all can figure out a Feedback Megathread... since its searchable by name...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sort of like we have on Chris Reeve Knives for sale pages on FB... all those that bought and sold and had a good transaction have linked the persons account, and either good or bad response... makes it really easy to find peoples names... then there is the EDC-Go-NoGo page also... primarily a rag on shit bags page... master list there similar to Vape Court...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it was funny though... Joes Thread... Vote on the change... Poll never worked LOL... somehow there was a bunch for it... but it felt like it was deemed to be changed but with the feel we had a choice ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Two weeks... not to bad... he is really slow in responding which is driving me nuts lol...

wanting to know shipping costs from the Ukraine to me.

I am thinking $40 since he said $460 for a similar knife about a week ago... was black and different blade layout than I liked... but quoted me $420 in our chat earlier...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only going to get worse when the new system is finalized... no more feedback.

Guess we all can figure out a Feedback Megathread... since its searchable by name...
We can make one somehow I'm sure. We'll figure it out cuz I buy way to much to purchase from someone with zero feedback

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it was funny though... Joes Thread... Vote on the change... Poll never worked LOL... somehow there was a bunch for it... but it felt like it was deemed to be changed but with the feel we had a choice ;)
Aw now I have to believe that if you saw it, you had to find my (and others) arguments for the software upgrade compelling. Or at least worthy of serious consideration.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We can make one somehow I'm sure. We'll figure it out cuz I buy way to much to purchase from someone with zero feedback
Exactly. There's a bunch of ways to have effective feedback without a feedback plugin. In my view, potential security concerns going forward in aging core software is more important. I said it all in that thread.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aw now I have to believe that if you saw it, you had to find my (and others) arguments for the software upgrade compelling. Or at least worthy of serious consideration.

I saw the pros and cons... to me I just like seeing the Green numbers under peoples names... it makes it fast to gauge a buyer/seller. Other than that... sold on other forums without that feature and life was fine and faster and cleaner look is fine with me...

Like on FB... master list... works fine, just have to hit the search button for the persons name... no return hits... they have no feedback then.

Can even start the master list with our screen shot names showing previous reps...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Firstly, my phone is about 99.999% used for internet. And I loathe speaking on the phone.

But... I highly recommend BB phone customer service. Anna was lovely. And sorted shipping upgrade over the phone, after I hurried through checkout on the weekend.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MrMeowgi...

Start it... since it will be switched soon, we may get enough people who care to contribute early.

Be simple replies with our current ratings for posterity

upload_2020-6-29_9-18-46.png

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one and it was too tight for me, but I like the draw looser than you do typically. I think you'd like it.
Also, if you have it, put a little plumbers tape around the AFC screw in the 510 pin. Otherwise you might have a little seepage.
I'm gonna see how it is first, but the authentic pin is only like 10 bucks. Actually all of the Svoemestro accessories are not too bad on price. I'd be willing to spend a FEW more bucks not to have to wait on China these days.

I've now watched every youtube video on the 2019. A couple are pretty bad. One in particular clearly had no idea what he was doing. I'm watching him wick the thing and even never having owned this tank, I KNEW it was going to gurgle and leak. Sure enough, the guy's conclusion is that it's a rip off because it gurgles and leaks. Bonehead.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna see how it is first, but the authentic pin is only like 10 bucks. Actually all of the Svoemestro accessories are not too bad on price. I'd be willing to spend a FEW more bucks not to have to wait on China these days.

I've now watched every youtube video on the 2019. A couple are pretty bad. One in particular clearly had no idea what he was doing. I'm watching him wick the thing and even never having owned this tank, I KNEW it was going to gurgle and leak. Sure enough, the guy's conclusion is that it's a rip off because it gurgles and leaks. Bonehead.
So long as you keep your wicks press against the open slots in the wick wells you'll be fine. Easy peasy!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my take on RTAs or RBAs or any atomizer.

If you need to wick it in an ever so delicate and precise way to be functional... its shit, regardless of how it vapes after.

There is absolutely no room in my life or patience to deal with that.

My love hate (Mostly hate) relationship I had with the Boreas... that thing was AWESOME when it was wicked absolutely right... and that was a huge feat to accomplish lol

The older BB RBAs, same scenario

All the newer "high end" Rtas that need special technique or what have you... pfft.

This is why I absolutely love the Snail and the BB this go around... it was just toss a coil in, cut the wicks, stuff said wicks, vape... as it should be ;)

Yeah Im opinionated on this subject... but I don't think I am wrong

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So long as you keep your wicks press against the open slots in the wick wells you'll be fine. Easy peasy!
Yeah, I don't see how wicking could be a problem with this tank. Unless you REALLY overpack the ports or do like this guy and have them barely even peeking into the top of the ports leaving visible space in those slots.

Pretty much everything I know about Kayfuns I've learned in the last few days. One thing I've noticed is that Svoemestro clearly thinks through their deign decisions based upon real life vaping experience. You can look at the details of the design and immediately understand from a vapers pov what they were thinking in doing it that way.

The concave base, the slots in the wicking ports, the shape of the posts around the screws and even the bottom fill and weird airflow adjustment were done with intention. There were real functional reasons why they did those things that way. Bottom fill for instance was not just because they're stuck in the past though it is 100 times better than the earlier versions. All while, I think wisely, maintaining the overall deck design that made them what they are.

I have high hopes for this tank, but I still won't blame you guys if I don't like it for some reason. :cool:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my take on RTAs or RBAs or any atomizer.

If you need to wick it in an ever so delicate and precise way to be functional... its shit, regardless of how it vapes after.

There is absolutely no room in my life or patience to deal with that.

My love hate (Mostly hate) relationship I had with the Boreas... that thing was AWESOME when it was wicked absolutely right... and that was a huge feat to accomplish lol

The older BB RBAs, same scenario

All the newer "high end" Rtas that need special technique or what have you... pfft.

This is why I absolutely love the Snail and the BB this go around... it was just toss a coil in, cut the wicks, stuff said wicks, vape... as it should be ;)

Yeah Im opinionated on this subject... but I don't think I am wrong
I seriously don't think you're wrong ether.

I don't mind if a tank wants to be built and wicked a certain way IF that certain way is fairly easy to do once you know what it is. The Themis is like that. It vapes GREAT when set up one certain way and horrible if not. However, that one certain way is idiot proof once you know what it is.

The Ijoy Limitless XL on the other hand will leak like a warm summer thunderstorm UNLESS you get it setup one certain way, but no matter how many times I've wrestled with it, I'm still not sure what exactly that one certain way happens to be. I've hit it a couple times, but can't reproduce it at will.

The Kayfun Lite 2019 is not difficult to build and wick. Looking at it, it can't be. This one guy, who seemed to generally have at least some knowledge overall, managed to figure out how to do it wrong.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I don't see how wicking could be a problem with this tank. Unless you REALLY overpack the ports or do like this guy and have them barely even peeking into the top of the ports leaving visible space in those slots.

Pretty much everything I know about Kayfuns I've learned in the last few days. One thing I've noticed is that Svoemestro clearly thinks through their deign decisions based upon real life vaping experience. You can look at the details of the design and immediately understand from a vapers pov what they were thinking in doing it that way.

The concave base, the slots in the wicking ports, the shape of the posts around the screws and even the bottom fill and weird airflow adjustment were done with intention. There were real functional reasons why they did those things that way. Bottom fill for instance was not just because they're stuck in the past though it is 100 times better than the earlier versions. All while, I think wisely, maintaining the overall deck design that made them what they are.

I have high hopes for this tank, but I still won't blame you guys if I don't like it for some reason. :cool:

Never owned a Kayfun... almost did a few times... then after more research found out they wouldn't be my vape preference.

I think they were all built nicely... not always the best looking devices, but that is vanity speaking and not quality of the vape experience.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For example.. I was adamant on getting an authentic Taifun GTR... it looked tits... easy to build... I got the clone... glad I didnt buy the authentic... was like vaping through a gnats ass... and that was with the DL positive pole lol... still have the clone... sits in the drawer

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never owned a Kayfun... almost did a few times... then after more research found out they wouldn't be my vape preference.
Somewhere along that way I saw prices on what must have been earlier models and pushed the Kayfuns right off my radar. Way WAY outta my economic class so I just never paid attention.

The Kayfun name is synonymous with mtl. Period. And yes of course there is no product that will please everybody.
Taifun GTR
There's another one. Up there in the price range of the older Kayfuns. Can't do it. Especially not when I have dtl and rdtl atties that cost a fraction as much and vape great.

The 2019 seems to be Svometro's attempt at at least somewhat competing in the upper mainstream. Way simpler and way less expensive while still delivering the Kayfun mtl experience. Grimm for instance is a huge Kayun guy for years and he says they have succeeded in that mission. I guess I'll find out if that applies to me.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Somewhere along that way I saw prices on what must have been earlier models and pushed the Kayfuns right off my radar. Way WAY outta my economic class so I just never paid attention.

The Kayfun name is synonymous with mtl. Period. And yes of course there is no product that will please everybody.

There's another one. Up there in the price range of the older Kayfuns. Can't do it. Especially not when I have dtl and rdtl atties that cost a fraction as much and vape great.

The 2019 seems to be Svometro's attempt at at least somewhat competing in the upper mainstream. Way simpler and way less expensive while still delivering the Kayfun mtl experience. Grimm for instance is a huge Kayun guy for years and he says they have succeeded in that mission. I guess I'll find out if that applies to me.
Fwiw, you know I like a pretty tight draw. With the 2019, I turn the af screw in until it is right at the base of the af hole, then one turn after that. So probably 90% open. Way way no need for any reducers, imo.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw, you know I like a pretty tight draw. With the 2019, I turn the af screw in until it is right at the base of the af hole, then one turn after that. So probably 90% open. Way way no need for any reducers, imo.
I wasn't thinking so much of making it tighter overall, but making the hole right under the coil tighter. That's apparently what the accessory pin does. I've actually seen nobody say they're using it, but it caught my eye.

VU Sponsors