Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it took its first ride.

This fucker doesn’t drop shit.

It sat in the door handle of my car, lil fucker was yappin at me...

“Why you drive like a bitch in a Msport?”

Had to tell that lil fruitcake,

“Not all BMW owners drive like idiots”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd be interested in seeing what you think of it with a tight setup.

As its set up now.. I am not taking long toots... short 2 second puffs even wide open... its akin to the Dvarw MTL with the 1.5mm AF...

I bet this thing can get to Gnats ass tight in MTL... which I would not try lol... never could do that type of vaping... probably cause I never smoked cigarettes to understand or mimic.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping an EUC mini 1.4 with a MTL DryPlug using the SXK bridge for them. Freaking awesome MTL vape. Makes me not even remotely curious about trying DL with a Billet between this and the Xeta haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
See I tried mtl with the karma in the kurbis. Just felt like I was trying to stay away from a pod. I like the dl from the snail and shell. Of course not as much production as and rta/rda but I guess I just prefer the direct lung. I don't typically drop shit either. Although I have dropped my Pico S at work and put a mark on it..
Dropped a juul from my lap when I got out the truck one time at work. Found it the next week and it had been run over but still worked. Lol. Sometimes I have to pod in the bathroom at a factory I do machine maintenance on and only get 2 regulated breaks.
Which doesn't work for my nicotine intake. Run on. Sorry. Blame the beer

Sent from a pile of wood chips

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See I tried mtl with the karma in the kurbis. Just felt like I was trying to stay away from a pod. I like the dl from the snail and shell. Of course not as much production as and rta/rda but I guess I just prefer the direct lung. I don't typically drop shit either. Although I have dropped my Pico S at work and put a mark on it..
Dropped a juul from my lap when I got out the truck one time at work. Found it the next week and it had been run over but still worked. Lol. Sometimes I have to pod in the bathroom at a factory I do machine maintenance on and only get 2 regulated breaks.
Which doesn't work for my nicotine intake. Run on. Sorry. Blame the beer

I'd vape way higher nic if I still was in the field... no way I could sustain with 1.5mg/ml as I vape during the day with the added stress of dumb asses lol

Easily vape 9mg or even 12mg... some of the tiny pods I have (Nord) I run 9-12mg in it... its the ultra pocket friendly nic giver... oh I lost it...$15... oh I dropped it... pick it up lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know if yall are in the do you believe in ghost thread @Mykreign started but I just posted a video from my friends investigating this weekend in WV at an asylum that closed in the 90s. Built between 1858-81 ment for 240 held more than 2400 at one time.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know if yall are in the do you believe in ghost thread @Mykreign started but I just posted a video from my friends investigating this weekend in WV at an asylum that closed in the 90s. Built between 1858-81 ment for 240 held more than 2400 at one time.

Right up my alley. I'm borderline obsessed with the paranormal. Thanks for sharing!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right up my alley. I'm borderline obsessed with the paranormal. Thanks for sharing!

Well ill vouche for this chick man. She goes everywhere she can. But she doesn't have money for production value or expensive equipment. She's got a talk box and a few other things. But the magic flashlight isn't there.. This was amazing.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I get all weirded out with Ghost shit, so I didn't even watch lol

As a kid, had some really weird experiences.

Remember living in a house in DownTown Rochester (68 Salisbury) that my mother swore was haunted... BUT

As a kid, I remember floating above my bed, then all of a sudden falling from 6ft horizontal position and banging back on the bed... my mom comes running up wanting to whoop my ass and I told what happened, and she said it as plain faced as I've ever witnessed her respond..."They almost got you"

I think back to that and a few times talking to my mom about that over the years, she is 100% adamant about that house.

Other weird shit I remember there as a kid is being called up into the attic... thought it was my moms voice... so I went up there... no mums... I then hear my mum call me from down stairs... I remember running like the wind lol.

This is also the house @R3alJim Shady that I buried 1st production Star wars figurines under the porch... including the most coveted being the droid that repaired Skywalkers hand... actually had a few of those... original 12" Star Wars figures, and the 6" R2D2 are probably there still to this day, early 70s Hotwheels lol

But yeah back to ghosts...yup not having it lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
upload_2020-6-23_18-28-21.png

Right there in blue... that used to be my spot to hide and play when I was under 6yrs old in the late 70s lol... that house to the left still the exact same red as it was long ago

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I get all weirded out with Ghost shit, so I didn't even watch lol

As a kid, had some really weird experiences.

Remember living in a house in DownTown Rochester (68 Salisbury) that my mother swore was haunted... BUT

As a kid, I remember floating above my bed, then all of a sudden falling from 6ft horizontal position and banging back on the bed... my mom comes running up wanting to whoop my ass and I told what happened, and she said it as plain faced as I've ever witnessed her respond..."They almost got you"

I think back to that and a few times talking to my mom about that over the years, she is 100% adamant about that house.

Other weird shit I remember there as a kid is being called up into the attic... thought it was my moms voice... so I went up there... no mums... I then hear my mum call me from down stairs... I remember running like the wind lol.

This is also the house @R3alJim Shady that I buried 1st production Star wars figurines under the porch... including the most coveted being the droid that repaired Skywalkers hand... actually had a few of those... original 12" Star Wars figures, and the 6" R2D2 are probably there still to this day, early 70s Hotwheels lol

But yeah back to ghosts...yup not having it lol
I'm willing to risk it. Those Star Wars figures will be mine.

Seriously though, that's some creepy shit. I listen to a few podcasts on the subject and that's one of the scariest I've heard! I get why you wouldn't want to watch any of that stuff.

Haven't had any experiences myself (knock on wood) and I'm not sure I'd want to.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 163631

Right there in blue... that used to be my spot to hide and play when I was under 6yrs old in the late 70s lol... that house to the left still the exact same red as it was long ago
I lived on Clark Ave (the red dot) about 9 years ago after my ex-wife became my ex-wife.
Funny part is that we moved from Garden Grove when I was five. I got the shit end of the stick between our two cross country moves.
41c479a5b57a92b2a66e1c623ba334c0.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funniest thing I remember from when we lived there... the house to the right, these 2 brothers used to pick on me... never really fought back for a long time, typical kids picking on the smaller one cause they get away with it.

My dad, he saw it one day happen, he pulled me to the side later that night after supper, I think I was 5 then...

"Boy, you need to beat that kid up... here I'll show you how to throw a punch... do it like this... aim right as his nose, if you miss, you will hit his mouth or his eye, which is a win both ways, you did this as I explained and when that boy picks on your again, Ill buy you a bag of candy"

That's all my pops had to say, bag of candy... those lil brown bags, FULL!

I never got candy as a kid... mum never believed in the stuff... holloween candy, I could have a pillow case FULL... next day, 3 pieces no candy bars... always those lil brown fucking turds that are hard as a rock.

ANYWAY

I didnt even wait til they teased me... I walked out the next morning, they were in their back yard playing, I looked over the fence and said something to get their attention and sure enough, lil heathens came at me...

They came around the fence and CRACK! I laid one on the older brother lol

His older sister comes out hearing her lil brother crying as I am chanting, HAHA got you back! She starts wailing on me, she must of been like 9 and way bigger than my 40lb ass... then my sister sees it going down, she comes out and starts being that girl up... my sis was 10 lol... its a straight up melee now... neighbor across the street who didnt like the girl who hit me comes and wails on that girl... Mr. Paxton across the street is laughing... my mom comes out... barely a word of english she spoke then yelling at my sis and me in Tagalog...

after its all broken up and done, I have a black eye and scrapes, my sis is spotless, the two boys and the older sister are all fucked up... my mom then lays it into my sis and I beating our asses and tells us wait til your father comes home.

Pops comes home and is pissed cause my mom is pissed... he then learns about what happened and that he owes me a bag of candy...

15 mins later he comes home and I have that small lil brown bag of yummy shit I wasnt allowed to normally have LOL

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually the 1.5 is what I'm using I think. If you're going to go tight, you're going to want that reduced chimney too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? Chimney reducers as well? Didn't know that. Eh, eh, eh......
See HERE

It's a complete chamber/chimney.

EDIT. Remember? I was complaining pretty loudly about having to order the inserts and chimney from Gas City. And really complaining about how SXK doesn't market a full kit like they do for the Snail.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See HERE

It's a complete chamber/chimney.

EDIT. Remember? I was complaining pretty loudly about having to order the inserts and chimney from Gas City. And really complaining about how SXK doesn't market a full kit like they do for the Snail.
Yeah, just didn't remember it was both. It's gonna sit with dirty glares at this point for sure. Not ordering from China, not paying for Canadian shipping....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, the chimney reduce doesn't do much for me except pull condensation up like a straw. Reduce the chamber, reduce the airflow intake and I get my desired effect without it without reducing chimney. Even drip tips that don't have a wide enough bore will pull condensation up into my mouth. Gross.
Obv, this is personal preference. Whatever gets you your best vape is great!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, the chimney reduce doesn't do much for me except pull condensation up like a straw. Reduce the chamber, reduce the airflow intake and I get my desired effect without it without reducing chimney. Even drip tips that don't have a wide enough bore will pull condensation up into my mouth. Gross.
Obv, this is personal preference. Whatever gets you your best vape is great!
This is just a question. Are you sure that it's not just that you're pulling on it harder than the wicking and airflow will allow?

I ask that because I've noticed that with tight setups if I pull on it hard it forces more juice into the chamber than the build can vaporize. I had this happen with my Infinix and my Trinity Alpha, which begs the question of why I didn't think of that sooner with the Vapesnail.

I use the smaller top piece on my Bridg'd and don't get excess condensation. Of course several factors could be at play.

The bottom line is like you said. if something's working how somebody wants that's all that matters. MAybe @dubya314 won't need the reduced chimney. I recommended it because I know he likes a really tight draw.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, here is what I did for now. I stuffed the AF hole with extra squonk tubbing :idea::tantrum: And used the smallest mtl dry plug I have. I'm good with the draw. Tighter would be better, but good with it. We'll see how it goes for the day. Shell going with just in case :cool:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, here is what I did for now. I stuffed the AF hole with extra squonk tubing :idea::tantrum: And used the smallest mtl dry plug I have. I'm good with the draw. Tighter would be better, but good with it. We'll see how it goes for the day. Shell going with just in case :cool:
Now that I think of it, I never even tried it with the regular chimney. The mtl chimney/cap and deck reducers got here from Gas City a couple days after the rba did and I just waited. Or was it the other way around? I don't remember now.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is just a question. Are you sure that it's not just that you're pulling on it harder than the wicking and airflow will allow?

I ask that because I've noticed that with tight setups if I pull on it hard it forces more juice into the chamber than the build can vaporize. I had this happen with my Infinix and my Trinity Alpha, which begs the question of why I didn't think of that sooner with the Vapesnail.

I use the smaller top piece on my Bridg'd and don't get excess condensation. Of course several factors could be at play.

The bottom line is like you said. if something's working how somebody wants that's all that matters. MAybe @dubya314 won't need the reduced chimney. I recommended it because I know he likes a really tight draw.
I prefer a loose-ish MTL, 1.2-1.5 so I'm pretty sure that's not it. Perfect example of what I'm talking about: Tripod with a Steam Tuners T9 tip is totally fine, no juice. Put on the stock MTL tip with super tight bore, juice.

If the coil/wick/chamber was oversaturated/flooded it would gurgle. Not getting any of that.

Tbh, I don't get any benefit from a smaller bore chimney. I've never noticed a boost in flavor or density. Just condensation in my mouth.

What benefits do you get from it?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man I guess I hit the jack pot with the snail and building it... really didnt even pay much mind to anything besides removing the MTL chimney insert and then built it.

No gurgling, no spitting, no mouth of juice vaping. Just about perfect...

just need an integral drip tip to be perfect, but I honestly can just leave it and be ok

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer a loose-ish MTL, 1.2-1.5 so I'm pretty sure that's not it. Perfect example of what I'm talking about: Tripod with a Steam Tuners T9 tip is totally fine, no juice. Put on the stock MTL tip with super tight bore, juice.

If the coil/wick/chamber was oversaturated/flooded it would gurgle. Not getting any of that.

Tbh, I don't get any benefit from a smaller bore chimney. I've never noticed a boost in flavor or density. Just condensation in my mouth.

What benefits do you get from it?
In the Vapesnail for instance, installing the chimney reducer lessened the pull on the wicking ports and helped stop the gurgling and leaking I was getting at first. But that is gurgling and leaking. Not condensation. I shouldn't say I don't get ANY condensation. There's always some, but I haven't had an increase while using a tighter chimney.

You probably get this, but what I'm talking about is when you have far more air being pulled out of the chimney than is being provided by the airflow it creates a vacuum inside the chamber that naturally wants to pull on the only other opening which is the wicking ports. Reducing the chimney reduces that vacuum. It looks like were talking about different things though.
index.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I guess I hit the jack pot with the snail and building it... really didnt even pay much mind to anything besides removing the MTL chimney insert and then built it.

just need an integral drip tip to be perfect, but I honestly can just leave it and be ok
Right, but you're not using a tight deck insert and hence are not creating that vacuum. Or not as much.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the Vapesnail for instance, installing the chimney reducer lessened the pull on the wicking ports and helped stop the gurgling and leaking I was getting at first. But that is gurgling and leaking. Not condensation. I shouldn't say I don't get ANY condensation. There's always some, but I haven't had an increase while using a tighter chimney.

You probably get this, but what I'm talking about is when you have far more air being pulled out of the chimney than is being provided by the airflow it creates a vacuum inside the chamber that naturally wants to pull on the only other opening which is the wicking ports. Reducing the chimney reduces that vacuum. It looks like were talking about different things though.
View attachment 163743
I see what you mean. I've never run into that issue but again, I'm not vaping with super tight airflow either. If I felt if excess juice was getting into the chamber aside I just add more wick I guess.
Glad you found your solution, though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right, but you're not using a tight deck insert and hence are not creating that vacuum. Or not as much.

This reminds me of what I did for a living... Industrial HVAC installer.

Volume in Volume out... If A is greater than B,C,D... you get increased pressure, increased pressure in this sense is the suction... vacuum is the absence of air, like in the vacuum of space.

If one restricts any point there is pressure/suction differences... this can be from changing the sizes of an orifice or from how you take a draw... but for sake of argument, lets say we draw exactly the same each time (Which we don't, but for SoA we do)

Then the points Inlet (Not the fins on the side of the BB) on the atty is A, Chimney is B, Drip Tip is C.

If any of those points are different... you create pressure... this doesn't even take in ambient temp changes, juice temps and frequency into account to where it can cause condensation or build up.

Anyway... not that it truly matters, its 1.75" of travel...and more likely its your coil/amount of wick/viscosity of the juice/wattage that gives spit back or wet vape... more than the volumetrics of pins... although those can compound the issue.

I need more coffee

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Volume in Volume out... If A is greater than B,C,D... you get increased pressure, increased pressure in this sense is the suction... vacuum is the absence of air, like in the vacuum of space.
I will happily and humbly defer to your formal expertise which I certainly do not have. :) Yes, suction. My contention is that at some point down the scale of bottom restriction in relation to top restriction, this suction becomes a factor.
Anyway... not that it truly matters, its 1.75" of travel...and more likely its your coil/amount of wick/viscosity of the juice/wattage that gives spit back or wet vape... more than the volumetrics of pins... although those can compound the issue.
I'm running the 1mm pin in the deck. As I said a few pages back, increasing the cotton greatly cut down on the slurping and leaking I had at first and installing the chimney reducer got rid of the rest of it. I don't think it makes as much difference to you guys because you're not running that tight in the deck.

The 1mm deck insert, the reduced chimney and a Berserker 1.5 drip tip. A 2.5mm Ti1 micro coil, slightly spaced very close to the airflow. @400f. I just pulled my drip tip off and there's some moisture in the 510 key, but it doesn't make to my mouth. I wouldn't have known it was there without looking.

Maybe the biggest factor here is that we are all using the Snail differently enough to account for these differences in results.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will happily and humbly defer to your formal expertise which I certainly do not have. :) Yes, suction. My contention is that at some point down the scale of bottom restriction in relation to top restriction, this suction becomes a factor.
I'm running the 1mm pin in the deck. As I said a few pages back, increasing the cotton greatly cut down on the slurping and leaking I had at first and installing the chimney reducer got rid of the rest of it. I don't think it makes as much difference to you guys because you're not running that tight in the deck.

The 1mm deck insert, the reduced chimney and a Berserker 1.5 drip tip. A 2.5mm Ti1 micro coil, slightly spaced very close to the airflow. @400f. I just pulled my drip tip off and there's some moisture in the 510 key, but it doesn't make to my mouth. I wouldn't have known it was there without looking.

Maybe the biggest factor here is that we are all using the Snail differently enough to account for these differences in results.

I’d look for a tighter drip tip. And reverse what you’ve done.

You’re essentially creating a siphon effect, with a larger bore drip tip and smaller inlet.

Need to look at it more like motorcycle gearing than Bicycle gearing

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Ditto! I have continued to build all of my Snails the same as the first time and have great results.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks it, I was never a Kf fan... so not sure which version it is.
I have no opinion. They are so astronomically outta my price range, I just never really looked into them. It's been 8 or 9 months since I last took that bin out I think. This time it looked like something I'd seen before and it says Svoemesto on it. Honestly, I can't even figure out how it goes together. The one that looks together has a big gap inside between the parts. The only way that even looked like it might have a closed circuit included no glass.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no opinion. They are so astronomically outta my price range, I just never really looked into them. It's been 8 or 9 months since I last took that bin out I think. This time it looked like something I'd seen before and it says Svoemesto on it. Honestly, I can't even figure out how it goes together. The one that looks together has a big gap inside between the parts. The only way that even looked like it might have a closed circuit included no glass.
F1r3b1rd may know. I think he's got one.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks it, I was never a Kf fan... so not sure which version it is.

Looks like a Kayfun Lite up top, and a Kayfun 3.1 below with two tank sections, one acrylic, and one stainless.
I had a clone of both back in 2014...vaped those things to death! If you wanted to get them up and running there are PLENTY of YouTube vids to watch.
If not (and if they're authentic), put em up for sale and get a KFL 2019. Much easier to build and only $80. Just make sure to get the XS airflow pin (15ish?) since I know you like a tight MTL.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is this Kayfun stuff here? It was in this bin full of gear i got from a guy on Craigslist a long time ago.
View attachment 163760
Shady is right, personaly did care for the V3, but the one up top I have any use many of. One of my all time favorite vapes. Other than the screw hole filling of course, that just sucks. Mine are all clones, and the tolerances aren't great, so might be why it doesn't go together well? I put a lot of VG on mine to get them together and going. I have a rather funky but highly effective way of wicking the KFL that works like a charm. If you want to set it up, PM me, I'd be more than happy to go through it with you and take some picks if need be :)
Edit: He is also right on the 2019 though. 10 times easier to build and wick, 100 times easier to fill, and vapes just as well ;)
Clones can be had dirt cheap, and I have had really good luck with mine. But I would still highly recommend giving that KFL a go since you have it.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a Kayfun Lite up top, and a Kayfun 3.1 below with two tank sections, one acrylic, and one stainless.
I had a clone of both back in 2014...vaped those things to death! If you wanted to get them up and running there are PLENTY of YouTube vids to watch.
If not (and if they're authentic), put em up for sale and get a KFL 2019. Much easier to build and only $80. Just make sure to get the XS airflow pin (15ish?) since I know you like a tight MTL.

I got my first one after they had been out a while. Was only using a Mini Nautilus at the time. Took a lot of work and frustration, but when I finally got it right, oh man, I was in heaven. Other than dripping here and there, it's really all I used for 2 or 3 years. KFL is what hooked me on building and MTL vaping. A forum buddy made me a glass section one, still and always will be my prize possession atty. Put that think with an SBS, and oh yeah........... :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I swapped out the drip tip on the BB...

Holy hell, way to airy was close to how I have my Asgard Mini in volume.

So put the CV drip tip back in...

Might have to buy that mission tip set from China...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't think it will thread into your authentic.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Your just looking for black or ultem delrin right? What type of diameter? I could look through my stuff.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your just looking for black or ultem delrin right? What type of diameter? I could look through my stuff.

Black Delrin mostly...3-4.5mm

2.5mm is what the copper vape is now... good shape... just about right... I really should just drill it out to 3.25mm and be done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors