Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but then the QoL things I liked with the snail are still present...

Now when Haku releases their all in one boro that has similarities to the snail...
I do understand what @dubya314 is saying, but I do also favor the conveniences of the Snail. However, in the main, I haven't had huge problems even with the SXK boros and gaskets. EXCEPT changing out the red gasket for the black in the clear boro. I don't know exactly what it is, but that is a world class wrestling match.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking as a Billet Box lover, you will not get the same full juicy vape as with a mech and an RDA. I just have to be honest about that. For me personally, the BB shines from very restricted dtl down to tight mtl.

I know, and I’m ok with it.

I really enjoy the vape I get from my pico75 and Dvarw MTL with the 1.5mm air flow... plus I wasn’t as in tune with more restricted vapes as I am now... 14w

Dvarw DL I ran at 2.5mm AF at 26w and was perfectly fine with how it vaped.

Super confident when I go and drop the 2.5mm in and plain round 26g 3mm coil it will vape fine... if not I’ll try to tune that coil til it does...

I’ll end up trying at least 8 coils within the first day and settle on which one performs best for me.

It’s like in the Asgard mini, I can live perfectly fine with 22g plain wire, but also know that the 2.5mm aliens I use are just a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do understand what @dubya314 is saying, but I do also favor the conveniences of the Snail. However, in the main, I haven't had huge problems even with the SXK boros and gaskets. EXCEPT changing out the red gasket for the black in the clear boro. I don't know exactly what it is, but that is a world class wrestling match.
I was using mine (clear with black) last couple of days. I pinched it numerous times like Don was talking about. Very frustrating, and why in the hell don't those two mesh? :confused: I have put black gaskets in authentic white, black. MUMS boro, sxk black, sxk ultem, zero problems. I just don't get it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah last time with the BB, I chased a good vape...

Authentic Insider was the best I could get... but it truly was finicky to wick... reminded me of the Boreas

Did all the drop in coil bridges... pretty much hated the vape from all of them... wasn’t even remotely good... for me at least

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using mine (clear with black) last couple of days. I pinched it numerous times like Don was talking about. Very frustrating, and why in the hell don't those two mesh? :confused: I have put black gaskets in authentic white, black. MUMS boro, sxk black, sxk ultem, zero problems. I just don't get it.
I think there's something with that material. I do still have to be more careful with the black gasket in the clear boro, but it isn't a real big problem now that I'm used to it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah last time with the BB, I chased a good vape...

Authentic Insider was the best I could get... but it truly was finicky to wick... reminded me of the Boreas

Did all the drop in coil bridges... pretty much hated the vape from all of them... wasn’t even remotely good... for me at least

Well you will be miles above that, imho. Although I still don't know how the shell/snail would do DL. I have 6 and never have tried :facepalm::D

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think there's something with that material. I do still have to be more careful with the black gasket in the clear boro, but it isn't a real big problem now that I'm used to it.
I thought so too til this last go around for me. It really sucked. Only thing I had, and kept having to take out the boro and get the gasket right, and clear out all the mess..... Has me thinking about shelving the clear :(

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well you will be miles above that, imho. Although I still don't know how the shell/snail would do DL. I have 6 and never have tried :facepalm::D

I think I’ll be fine.

I have 15ml bottles of my adv in 50/50, 60/40, 70/30, 80/20 vg/pg with non nic mixed up also.

Just will spend like 30 mins tomorrow and spin up all the coils I’ll be trying

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn’t as in tune with more restricted vapes as I am now... 14w
This is huge btw. It wasn't all THAT long ago when I had no interest even in single coil rdas and rtas, to say nothing of .8 to above one ohm builds and under 20 watts. I found out I LOVE small higher resistance lower power vapes like that if done right.

The biggest problem with that is that it opens up a whole new category of equipment I want :wait:

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is huge btw. It wasn't all THAT long ago when I had no interest even in single coil rds and rtas, to say nothing of .8 to above one ohm builds and under 20 watts. I found out I LOVE small higher resistance lower power vapes like that if done right.

The biggest problem with that is that it opens up a whole new category of equipment I want :wait:

I’ll never stop being a mech head... but I like stuff

Now I’m not going to go out and buy a ton of billetboxes

I’m that guy that keeps 1 of everything.

Except for mechs... I’ll buy more of these.

Squonks... covered... simple pico squeeze plus I have like 5 atomizers I really like...

Mechs...18350-21700... mtl setups to clouds...

Mtl with the Dvarw and pico 75...

Rta DL... old steam crave aromamizer mini (v1)

Have multiple single battery regulated devices...given a bunch away... have my vt133 (ohm meter lol)

Thinking of selling my OG Grip with the Asgard mini that is all silvered out... haven’t vaped it in a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still no go on Vape Smugglers option at the bottom on my phone. WTH is going on? I'ma have to open the LT for the first time in months :facepalm:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ll never stop being a mech head... but I like stuff

Now I’m not going to go out and buy a ton of billetboxes

I’m that guy that keeps 1 of everything.

Except for mechs... I’ll buy more of these.

Squonks... covered... simple pico squeeze plus I have like 5 atomizers I really like...

Mechs...18350-21700... mtl setups to clouds...

Mtl with the Dvarw and pico 75...

Rta DL... old steam crave aromamizer mini (v1)

Have multiple single battery regulated devices...given a bunch away... have my vt133 (ohm meter lol)

Thinking of selling my OG Grip with the Asgard mini that is all silvered out... haven’t vaped it in a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hear ya man. I love my mech's, and I love dripping. I just have found it doesn't work for me all day long every day. Some days yeah. Some days after a 1/2 hour I'm done with it, and want something "smaller". Idk, just me, I'm :crazy:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On that note, I have often thought about this, for me. I don't like middle ground. I like mtl @ .8-1.4 ohms, 15-20 watts. I like dripping (by far first) squonking @ .17-.22 ohms. I really really hate anything in the middle. Idk why it is, but it is. Any thoughts?

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Vapesnail does very well in Dl,it quickly became one of my favorites for that reason.Mine is a clone,as is my vapeshell,but to me,the 2 are worlds apart.I love the snail,hate the shell haha.No matter what i've done with the shell,i could never get a good vape from it.Every build/rewick was either leaking everywhere or dry hits after 5 minutes,no matter how i cut the tails,it would just never work.The snail,i wicked it 1 time,it was perfect,and every time since.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Vapesnail does very well in Dl,it quickly became one of my favorites for that reason.Mine is a clone,as is my vapeshell,but to me,the 2 are worlds apart.I love the snail,hate the shell haha.No matter what i've done with the shell,i could never get a good vape from it.Every build/rewick was either leaking everywhere or dry hits after 5 minutes,no matter how i cut the tails,it would just never work.The snail,i wicked it 1 time,it was perfect,and every time since.
Hmm, thanks, that's what I was wondering. When I first started with the Shell I had both problems. Stuck with it to figure them out (not saying you didn't), but maybe Snail made other changes to help? As much as I love the Shell, I will easily admit sometimes I still get it wrong, and it sure lets me know.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, thanks, that's what I was wondering. When I first started with the Shell I had both problems. Stuck with it to figure them out (not saying you didn't), but maybe Snail made other changes to help? As much as I love the Shell, I will easily admit sometimes I still get it wrong, and it sure lets me know.
Yeah,i will admit,i gave up on it pretty easily out of frustration haha,i did try several times,and before the dry hits,it was a nice vape,but then i'd get that nasty dry hit,after a while i decided it just wasn't worth the hassle for me to try anymore.
On the snail,it's weird,it is essentially just like the shell,only real difference that i see is the juice holes on the sides instead of the bottom,but for me,it works so much better,enough so that i plan to get a few more,i like it better than the Xeta or any of the others,only one i have that tops it is the Boxxer V2,and that isn't by much.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah,i will admit,i gave up on it pretty easily out of frustration haha,i did try several times,and before the dry hits,it was a nice vape,but then i'd get that nasty dry hit,after a while i decided it just wasn't worth the hassle for me to try anymore.
On the snail,it's weird,it is essentially just like the shell,only real difference that i see is the juice holes on the sides instead of the bottom,but for me,it works so much better,enough so that i plan to get a few more,i like it better than the Xeta or any of the others,only one i have that tops it is the Boxxer V2,and that isn't by much.
I'd like to have a boxxer v2 but if it's not much better than the snail I'm good. I've got the clone snail also. In the nude. No inserts. I wanted it for a higher mg direct lung and it's perfect for that.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to have a boxxer v2 but if it's not much better than the snail I'm good. I've got the clone snail also. In the nude. No inserts. I wanted it for a higher mg direct lung and it's perfect for that.

Sent from a pile of wood chips
I'd say the Boxxer is well worth getting if you can find one at a decent price,it does have a little better flavor,and quite a bit more airflow.In my case,i have 1 juice that is my main almost adv,i usually run it in an rda,and it tastes almost identical in the Boxxer,it's still ok in the snail,but quite different,so i keep that one in the Boxxer.Now any other juice i use is just fine in the snail,i don't know what it is with that one juice ,only thing i can figure is since i'm used to using it in an rda,and the Boxxer is very similar to an rda,that maybe the longer chimney is causing a change in the flavor,it's not just the snail,any other rba i've used in the BB with that juice completely changes it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd say the Boxxer is well worth getting if you can find one at a decent price,it does have a little better flavor,and quite a bit more airflow.In my case,i have 1 juice that is my main almost adv,i usually run it in an rda,and it tastes almost identical in the Boxxer,it's still ok in the snail,but quite different,so i keep that one in the Boxxer.Now any other juice i use is just fine in the snail,i don't know what it is with that one juice ,only thing i can figure is since i'm used to using it in an rda,and the Boxxer is very similar to an rda,that maybe the longer chimney is causing a change in the flavor,it's not just the snail,any other rba i've used in the BB with that juice completely changes it.

My ADV tastes different in RDAs I use, very similar... but still different.

It’s been my ADV now for nearly 2 years... vape it in the Asgard Mini vs the Nightmare and it’s different.

That is in my opinion the mistake I made with the BB last go... I tried to mimic what I was getting via RDAs and should of looked at it differently and just went with getting a good vape... which to me is more than just flavor... the totality and ease to replicate that good vape has to be there. It’s why I love mechs and RDAs... it’s consistently easy to replicate without having to fidget, experiment.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ADV tastes different in RDAs I use, very similar... but still different.

It’s been my ADV now for nearly 2 years... vape it in the Asgard Mini vs the Nightmare and it’s different.

That is in my opinion the mistake I made with the BB last go... I tried to mimic what I was getting via RDAs and should of looked at it differently and just went with getting a good vape... which to me is more than just flavor... the totality and ease to replicate that good vape has to be there. It’s why I love mechs and RDAs... it’s consistently easy to replicate without having to fidget, experiment.

I completely agree,that was my exact experience in my first go with the BB.At the time,all i used was my mech sqounkers with a Profile rda,and used that as my base to compare everything else to.I tried all i could for about a month,gave up and traded the mod off to gsmit1,i wanted nothing more to do with it haha.Soon after,i realized i hadn't really given it a fair chance,so i bought another one,and right around that same time some better bridges and rba's started coming out,like the xeta,so i decided to stick with it for a while,and it actually worked out this time around.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just found out Alex,the guy i bought my stabwood panels from,is now making mission panels and leather sleeves,just when i thought i was done spending for a while haha.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is in my opinion the mistake I made with the BB last go... I tried to mimic what I was getting via RDAs and should of looked at it differently and just went with getting a good vape...
This right here is what it is.
The Billet Box is almost as much a mindset as it is a device. It has to be approached in it's own context if that makes any sense.

The mistake I think a lot of people make when getting one is expecting it to instantly eclipse all their other equipment on every level. That's just not what it's about. Much of the fault in that regard probably lies with the Billet Box faithful who do give that impression a lot of the time, even if inadvertently.

It's a complete system. It either hooks you in as a complete system or it doesn't.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I was the beneficiary of @b.m. s initial frustration with the Billet Box. I traded him a pristine, literally brand new flawless Paranormal 250C with a few hundred puffs on it for a collection of stuff beyond just the mod. A fair trade, but I felt kinda bad because he wound up not liking it as much as I liked his BB. The Rat Black which is still in my daily rotation.
resize_135827_cr.jpg

badinfluence357

Member For 4 Years
Yes, I was the beneficiary of @b.m. s initial frustration with the Billet Box. I traded him a pristine, literally brand new flawless Paranormal 250C with a few hundred puffs on it for a collection of stuff beyond just the mod. A fair trade, but I felt kinda bad because he wound up not liking it as much as I liked his BB. The Rat Black which is still in my daily rotation.
View attachment 163491
Super clean and sexy looking...I like it alot.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We were talking about the Bezerker. Now I see why it doesn't matter where you set the AF. Closed off or wide open, vapes the same. Because there is more air going in from the shitty fit than you could ever adjust for :kickbutt:
1592763546667411043511.jpg

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I completely agree with this. I have noticed the same thing with the Boxxer V2 when it is freshly built. The Xeta gets very close, but I still do not like the amount of intake noise from the Xeta. It tends to disturb my vape experience.

I prefer the Snail because it eliminates so much hassle and is so close to the best in the Billet Box that I have found. I believe that is what the Billet Box is about. It's convenience and portability in a high quality device that presents a more than acceptable vape. The best RTA's and RDA's all beat the best the market has to offer for the Billet Box. But none of them offers the ease of portability and maintenance that a Billet Box with a Snail does for RDL vaping which is what I prefer.

I have now purchased my third Snail and suffering from PAS, (Postal Anticipation Syndrome.) :gaah:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I almost put my Black/Copper OG Grip up for sale... just couldn't bring myself to it... Don't see many Black coated copper ones, especially with solid silver contacts lol

upload_2020-6-22_11-14-53.png

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a9f2fd870ecc5d4ddd370882fe798c0d.jpg

Not to bad...

First coil, first wick.

Have my reservations already on first build though... not completely digging that it needs compression to maintain being leak proof, nature of the beast I suppose.

Simple fused clapton 2.28.37 3mm 6wrap N80... wide open... no pins, no reducers and it’s the way I like

Went for broke and stuck max vg of my ADV... 88/12 and wicks fine even under chain vaping...

Have to change the build though, and probably go with a 24g or 26g plain wire build.

The Snail/BB retains the heat of that fatty coil... you might think... how is a 3mm coil considered a fatty?

Well I only run 2.5mm in 25/28mm RDAs and that’s a lot of coil for such a small area.

I’ll vape it dry, recoil in a 24g 2.5mm 5/6 wrap N80 coil, in doing so, probably allow a lil more air through... switch to the 60/40 blend and be gold.

Donovan’s pretty content for now... Donovan shall keep BB another day

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a total tangent

1ece5220534d2b6a81fe25da213dff0e.jpg

Delivered but postal worker forgot to scan it

I smell a free Vapesnail coming

Just kidding, I’m huge on Karma, do shady shit like that I’d pay it back 100 fold

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a total tangent

1ece5220534d2b6a81fe25da213dff0e.jpg

Delivered but postal worker forgot to scan it

I smell a free Vapesnail coming

Just kidding, I’m huge on Karma, do shady shit like that I’d pay it back 100 fold

I thin it must be a tracking system problem. I had a couple packages delivered today and one that went out. Status is still the same on all of them from this morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thin it must be a tracking system problem. I had a couple packages delivered today and one that went out. Status is still the same on all of them from this morning.

It is as you say... I got the text not long ago saying it’s delivered...

Not that I’d truly do that and not only steal, but break the law.

I’m an asshole, but I’m not a thieving asshole

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is as you say... I got the text not long ago saying it’s delivered...

Not that I’d truly do that and not only steal, but break the law.

I’m an asshole, but I’m not a thieving asshole

Thieves are a whole different class of asshole. I believe they might even be classified under "Piece of Shit." Not even a whole shit, but just a piece.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have my reservations already on first build though... not completely digging that it needs compression to maintain being leak proof, nature of the beast I suppose.
Yeah, any of the snap on cap style rbas are like that.

i take it you left the airflow wide open?

VU Sponsors