Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know what RRP is on the Delro? Not interested in getting one but I'm curious to see if it's more than a BB. I wouldn't pay any more than 250 for the DNA version... Dicodes I'd pay 280 lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Todd said in in his preview that the they told him the final retail would be around 300 for the DNA 60. That was last year.
I just don't get why it would be more expensive than a Billet... I may be way off base but I can't see delrin being more expensive than anodized aluminum. The inclusion of a lipo couldn't possibly offset it that much.
Like I said, I could be way off base but I just don't get it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, any of the snap on cap style rbas are like that.

i take it you left the airflow wide open?

Yup, just the way I like...

The drip tip I stole from my Dvarw MTL works, but need to get the Dvarw DL drip tip in.

The BB is sitting on its side unattended doing a leak test lol... been there for about an hour now... guess I should go see if there is a mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know what RRP is on the Delro? Not interested in getting one but I'm curious to see if it's more than a BB. I wouldn't pay any more than 250 for the DNA version... Dicodes I'd pay 280 lol.

Original large Walkie Talkie looking one is cheaper than the smaller.

But saw one for waffle for $1500 lol

But I’d expect anyone with one would about add 75% to rrp just cause they be assholes like that

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just don't get why it would be more expensive than a Billet... I may be way off base but I can't see delrin being more expensive than anodized aluminum. The inclusion of a lipo couldn't possibly offset it that much.

Its the new new form of BB and the false exclusivity that drives the cost (See I didnt use the word value)

Plus if you ever really want to fuck shit up in the BB market... have one laser scanned and release the file.

I thought about doing that with the BB at one time... spend the few hundred to be scanned, then scale it to accommodate a larger boro/battery... flip everything on it to where it would be like the rev3 with the button back on the right side.

basically would be a 21700 version of the BB with an 8ml boro system and looking at it as if looking at a negative film

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its the new new form of BB and the false exclusivity that drives the cost (See I didnt use the word value)

Plus if you ever really want to fuck shit up in the BB market... have one laser scanned and release the file.

I thought about doing that with the BB at one time... spend the few hundred to be scanned, then scale it to accommodate a larger boro/battery... flip everything on it to where it would be like the rev3 with the button back on the right side.

basically would be a 21700 version of the BB with an 8ml boro system and looking at it as if looking at a negative film
I'd buy one. Im sure a few others here would. @dubya314. Lol. Could be worth your time to make us the exclusive motherfuckers of the world.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a used car salesman tell me many years ago when I was telling him what a vehicle was worth:
It's worth what you can get for it.
I suppose that goes for anything,

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a used car salesman tell me many years ago when I was telling him what a vehicle was worth:

I suppose that goes for anything,
Yep, perception is key to value. Would I like one? Sure. Am I willing to pay a stupid amount to get one or even RRP? No.
Don't even get me started on the Stash Box.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm fine with the layout, but a 21700 BB would be awesome. They won't though, bc they can ride this form factor off into the sunset. Plus, all the accessories guys would have to start from scratch. It's amazing how large the market is for this one mod.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm fine with the layout, but a 21700 BB would be awesome. They won't though, bc they can ride this form factor off into the sunset. Plus, all the accessories guys would have to start from scratch. It's amazing how large the market is for this one mod.

It really is amazing. I still can't believe they haven't found a way to produce 3 or 4 times more a week. You know they would sell them. Then the whole flood the market thing I guess.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well I’m glad I’m not one of those that goes all out

I’d like the BB to be resized larger for capacity reasons only... I’m perfectly fine otherwise... and if I set it up as MTL... 4ml will last me longer than I’d need.

The BB is purely going to be my pocket out and about mod, I mean the Pico75/Dvarw MTL does that too, and WAY cheaper... but that will be the out and about in rough areas... like the beach with salt and sand

I’ll never give up mechs/RDAs... just prefer that vape more than anything.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It really is amazing. I still can't believe they haven't found a way to produce 3 or 4 times more a week. You know they would sell them. Then the whole flood the market thing I guess.

They can, they just don’t. Don’t think it’s any of their FT professions.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I’m glad I’m not one of those that goes all out

I’d like the BB to be resized larger for capacity reasons only... I’m perfectly fine otherwise... and if I set it up as MTL... 4ml will last me longer than I’d need.

The BB is purely going to be my pocket out and about mod, I mean the Pico75/Dvarw MTL does that too, and WAY cheaper... but that will be the out and about in rough areas... like the beach with salt and sand

I’ll never give up mechs/RDAs... just prefer that vape more than anything.

I agree with ya on the mech/rda. I look forward every day to sitting down at home with one for a while. I've just found I don't like to carry one. Every now and then, but just not very often. I guess I am lucky because I prefer mtl when I am out and about, and that just works better. If I only carry a BB, and running mtl, I still fill usually twice a day, although last fill usually doesn't get used up.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That void was filled by SXK. To be honest, the only reasons to own an authentic are the integral drip tip or if you want to support the modder/are against clones.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't either, and another thing that makes it kinda cool to me.

I’ll probably order parts for the BB direct from them... button board etc. just for longevity reasons.

It’s worth it to me to drop the cash on those items.

But other than a drip tip moving forward... BB is done.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That void was filled by SXK. To be honest, the only reasons to own an authentic are the integral drip tip or if you want to support the modder/are against clones.

No it’s for those hand checks in desci purses all blinged out with matching earrings and Barbie drab... I mean customization panels and doors

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and if I set it up as MTL... 4ml will last me longer than I’d need.
This is where it's at for me. I do plan on trying a rdtl setup in the Snail, but with some more experience under my belt since I got my first BB, I can get a great low power or tc mtl vape outta the Vapeshell, the Vapesnail, the Xeta, and the Bridg'd. A 25R lasts roughly as long as a full tank built that way. On top of all that the BB is a fun toy.

For me personally there's just better options for higher powered setups. Including mechs and rdas which I will never give up either.

I lean heavily toward rtas on regulated devices and rdas on my mechs. I also have other excellent low power mtl setups. Such as the Asvape Zeta I got from @dubya314 on the Ijoy VPC. I took that with me to work today. I love that pair.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so swapped builds in the Snail already lol

Put a little 26g 2.5mm 8 wrap .86Ω (I think it was 8 lol) and this is about perfect... even though Steam engine says its 9.5 wraps... but I never wrap that far... might of been 27g N80 mother fuck...yeah steam engine say perfect .86 2.5mm 27g N80 7.5 wrap... so Ill go with that LOL

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
really nice restricted DL at 24w... I'll play with it some when its time to rewick wheneever that is... its vaping great now, no reason to pull it for test purposes

Reminds me of the draw on the Le Concorde RDA with 2 holes open and that is my vape with squonks... I know I will have a lot of juice build up under the DT... being the DT bore is much smaller and doesn't sit all the way down... another reason to get a hybrid

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is where it's at for me. I do plan on trying a rdtl setup in the Snail, but with some more experience under my belt since I got my first BB, I can get a great low power or tc mtl vape outta the Vapeshell, the Vapesnail, the Xeta, and the Bridg'd. A 25R lasts roughly as long as a full tank built that way. On top of all that the BB is a fun toy.

For me personally there's just better options for higher powered setups. Including mechs and rdas which I will never give up either.

I lean heavily toward rtas on regulated devices and rdas on my mechs. I also have other excellent low power mtl setups. Such as the Asvape Zeta I got from @dubya314 on the Ijoy VPC. I took that with me to work today. I love that pair.
I miss that thing. Damn slow boat :gaah:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just checked. It's been like 5 weeks. Did they at least leave China I hope?
Idk. If I even got an email conformation with tracking, I deleted it :( Deal seemed to good to be true, and I don't thing I ever did get an email. :(:( guess I could check my trash.......

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@~Don~ looks like Ohman is your guy for an integrated tip. I just don't know if the stainless would show when it's screw into the Billet
dc7a9c637190e96b0fbc68e7a8cd7a43.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ looks like Ohman is your guy for an integrated tip. I just don't know if the stainless would show when it's screw into the Billet
dc7a9c637190e96b0fbc68e7a8cd7a43.jpg

Thx...

I’ll find the right one, not opposed to waiting on the Dvarw Tips I ordered and filing the factory flush.

I might just stick with the one I have and just enlarge the bore then file the nut flush so it sits all the way down in the key.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well that's annoying.

So far all of the treaded resin tips I have tried show silver. Why I think I love the Atmistigue silver tips :rolleyes:
Edit: Not to take anything away from the Ohman's, they are great tips, but it does show

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far all of the treaded resin tips I have tried show silver. Why I think I love the Atmistigue silver tips :rolleyes:
I like the Mantis Minimal style... which is basically where FF got their design. MM is toast and FF won't get a penny from me soooooo I guess I'm SOL. I'm love the flush nut and NN whistles though so I'm all set.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the Mantis Minimal style... which is basically where FF got their design. MM is toast and FF won't get a penny from me soooooo I guess I'm SOL. I'm love the flush nut and NN whistles though so I'm all set.

My problem with the NN whistle is I like it slightly turned from straight. But then if I switch hands it's turned the wrong way :confused:
I have quite a bit of FF stuff, but that was all before I heard about them from you guys and all bought second hand. It's really nice stuff, I like and use all of it. But wouldn't buy from them knowing what I do now.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My problem with the NN whistle is I like it slightly turned from straight. But then if I switch hands it's turned the wrong way :confused:
I have quite a bit of FF stuff, but that was all before I heard about them from you guys and all bought second hand. It's really nice stuff, I like and use all of it. But wouldn't buy from them knowing what I do now.
It's all good, man! Just a choice I made for myself. I'm sure their stuff is nice or they wouldn't be so popular.
For the NN whistles, mine had to be dead nuts straight or it drives me bonkers haha!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idk, Ohman almost just looks like silver showing is part of the design. Looking at it, idk what else you could really do?
15929217069181696762628.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx...

I’ll find the right one, not opposed to waiting on the Dvarw Tips I ordered and filing the factory flush.

I might just stick with the one I have and just enlarge the bore then file the nut flush so it sits all the way down in the key.

Hey man if you want that white one that came with the dwarv you can have it. I'll never use it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all good, man! Just a choice I made for myself. I'm sure their stuff is nice or they wouldn't be so popular.
For the NN whistles, mine had to be dead nuts straight or it drives me bonkers haha!

I don't bring it up to my mouth straight, guessing that makes the difference for people. Other than that I love mine. Very comfortable to use.
Another guy I chat with (not in this thread) who I highly respect his opinion as well, told me a lot of things about FF that mainly lead me to decide they are not getting my money

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://old.reddit.com/r/ecigclassifieds/comments/heddl6/usail_h_delro_75c_bundle_wpaypal/

WEll Guess that answers the question of what people value that large ass shit lol
That thing is a damn abomination. What's the point of a boro device that sits on your desk? The tank is covered for protection when stuff in a pocket. You'd need some JNCO's to get a pocket big enough for that monstrosity.
Also, no hits in two hours, so there's that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That thing is a damn abomination. What's the point of a boro device that sits on your desk? The tank is covered for protection when stuff in a pocket. You'd need some JNCO's to get a pocket big enough for that monstrosity.
Also, no hits in two hours, so there's that.

I bet it would of sold instantly if it were the smaller one...

I made fun of the dudes when they released the larger one... I even said it on their page when I was still part of that group... That thing looks like a walkie talkie... and they responded... that was the point... no, no it wasn't. lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet it would of sold instantly if it were the smaller one...

I made fun of the dudes when they released the larger one... I even said it on their page when I was still part of that group... That thing looks like a walkie talkie... and they responded... that was the point... no, no it wasn't. lol
"Dude, we totally wanted it to be a big clunky, non-portable, uncomfortable brick. You know, so people would like it."

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, it fucking happened...

Went to the post office to mail out a RDA to ZitoWarrior and took the BB with me...
Buy it to use it. I have a hard time with taking the rpg out

VU Sponsors