Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Should I message and ask why they have my fucking mod for sale on their site? Lol. There was another site a while back that had tons of posts from here just on their site. Like Wtf.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

I remember another place... dude totally stole my comparison of the Haku Phenom authentic vs clone...posted that shit on his site. This is nearly two years ago

Word for word same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember another place... dude totally stole my comparison of the Haku Phenom authentic vs clone...posted that shit on his site. This is nearly two years ago

Word for word same thing

Yea it's crazy. I did email them and ask what the point of a stolen sale post being in their site was. Like wtf

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea it's crazy. I did email them and ask what the point of a stolen sale post being in their site was. Like wtf

Traffic... some sites get paid just for clicks.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caliburn pods I ordered from FT just hit Chicago exactly one month from when it was sent. God only knows how long it will take it make its way here. Good to see some movement but it looks awfully fishy to me...
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Caliburn pods I ordered from FT just hit Chicago exactly one month from when it was sent. God only knows how long it will take it make its way here. Good to see some movement but it looks awfully fishy to me...
giphy.gif

It’s still 17 days out

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That goon 22 I ordered sat there for almost 2 weeks... then took its sweet time once released.

Eh. I can deal with that. IDK why it didn't go through JFK like it normally does. Probably the Rona.
I don't know who used to ship ePacket for FT, but it was much less of a shit show before China Post got involved.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eh. I can deal with that. IDK why it didn't go through JFK like it normally does. Probably the Rona.
I don't know who used to ship ePacket for FT, but it was much less of a shit show before China Post got involved.

feel the same with the Goon 22, didn't go to LAX as normally...

Just took a crap and didn't wipe in Chi-ka-ka

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
feel the same with the Goon 22, didn't go to LAX as normally...

Just took a crap and didn't wipe in Chi-ka-ka
Heard recently that LA and San Fran are backed up for months. Probably went there to actually get it through. Damn people discovering Wish during quarantine...
giphy.gif

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Snail Ordered :D

ordered from VapinArt... but what a shit show this morning...had to call WF and authenticate myself (Weird) and the location, kit and kabootle etc.

For posterity... if you bank with WF as I do... VA does a two part charge... one for $0.10 then a second for the remaining balance... this triggered my fraud protection and it was declined (Absolutely weird, for I have had previous charges done like this and it goes through)

Anyway... it will be shipped out today and do the Right to Left coast journey

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mother :cuss2: Six years. Six years I have been vaping and never dropped and broke anything. Broke yes, but not dropped and broke. Wife just took out #2 for her. Dusted the fucker right off the table :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Well, at least I get to go shopping with no bitchin' :idea::D
15925823834031309479380.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mother :cuss2: Six years. Six years I have been vaping and never dropped and broke anything. Broke yes, but not dropped and broke. Wife just took out #2 for her. Dusted the fucker right off the table :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Well, at least I get to go shopping with no bitchin' :idea::D
View attachment 163423
Ugh that is some Grade A BS right there. Especially after all the waiting!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ugh that is some Grade A BS right there. Especially after all the waiting!

I know, that's the worst part. 15 bucks, no biggie, and I did want a few more anyway, but the whole experience sucked for me. Guess I better figure out how to put the color in the checkout, or whatever I F'd up last time :facepalm:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of 3 packages delivered...

Poor MrMeowgi will end up being last... although his package being sent out a full day and two ahead of the others

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well hot dayum! Those Caliburn pods from FT hit Chicago on Thursday and they just arrived here in Rochester today. Just a hair over 5 weeks in transit isn't too bad considering how long some others waited.
Maybe China shipping is starting to recover by now.
4442c619e2fd2e7479277ae2e2efc2e9.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well hot dayum! Those Caliburn pods from FT hit Chicago on Thursday and they just arrived here in Rochester today. Just a hair over 5 weeks in transit isn't too bad considering how long some others waited.
Maybe China shipping is starting to recover by now.
4442c619e2fd2e7479277ae2e2efc2e9.jpg

Get it Monday, says usps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did I miss something?

Nope, just saw you using the track17...

I normally don’t bother with them til week 3, and before Rona... that’s when I’d just check the tracking on USPS.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, I was using 17track for DHL as well. Got a Dvarw for a buddy of mine. Easier to update all my tracking numbers in one spot haha

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ve praised what I saw with the snail on paper and looks for a while...

Going to build some coils tomorrow for it.

2.28.38 2.5/3mm 5wrap fused
2.30.38 2.5/3mm 5wrap fused
3.30.38 2.5/3mm 5wrap alien
2.5/3mm 26g 6 wrap plain

Start with the plain...

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone else been on Vape Smugglers? Need to reorder the Green/black dt, and sadly a few others, but I am not seeing where I need to specify "materials" at checkout like they said. I don't wanna go through all the BS I did last time?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ve praised what I saw with the snail on paper and looks for a while...

Going to build some coils tomorrow for it.

2.28.38 2.5/3mm 5wrap fused
2.30.38 2.5/3mm 5wrap fused
3.30.38 2.5/3mm 5wrap alien
2.5/3mm 26g 6 wrap plain

Start with the plain...

Curious your appeal to it over the shell? And others it seems for that matter. For me, and I could be totally wrong, but I see pulling the deck no bonus at all. Once I had how to build and wick the shell down, all good every time. I don't ever need to access the deck until it is time to rewick and build, in which case I can stretch it until empty, or just dump a ml or 2. I also see being in it's own "boro" as no bonus, if you have a BB, you have at least a boro, probably more. I would think I prefer to slide the glass down to fill vs that plug. I know I do using the Dot RBA. I'm not downing it, and honestly want to try one, just wondering.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone else been on Vape Smugglers? Need to reorder the Green/black dt, and sadly a few others, but I am not seeing where I need to specify "materials" at checkout like they said. I don't wanna go through all the BS I did last time?

a5996a3ef7e1ca4d9638955a56b98c1e.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Curious your appeal to it over the shell? And others it seems for that matter. For me, and I could be totally wrong, but I see pulling the deck no bonus at all. Once I had how to build and wick the shell down, all good every time. I don't ever need to access the deck until it is time to rewick and build, in which case I can stretch it until empty, or just dump a ml or 2. I also see being in it's own "boro" as no bonus, if you have a BB, you have at least a boro, probably more. I would think I prefer to slide the glass down to fill vs that plug. I know I do using the Dot RBA. I'm not downing it, and honestly want to try one, just wondering.

The vapesnail fixed some of the things I didn’t like about boro+whatever.

Being able to just remove the bottom without losing a majority of juice or having to buy that stupid rod was a major QoL improvement to me.

Next the snail aesthetically was much more appealing than the factory white boro, then if you wanted a black boro and not buy the clone... it’s $40...at that point you’re nearly to the snails price point.

The seal on the factory boro is the bane of this type of device, the snail with its larger more robust bottom seal eliminates the stretch one can get when having to rewick... and you can easily over stretch the factory one... plus slide friction is greater at stretching than pulling out as the snail does.

The customization to fine tune is a step forward even over the shell and it’s multitude of airflow pins(more with the chimney inserts)

I’ve more than once pinched the seal upon sliding the glass back up after a refill... and once in a blue moon, you think you put it all the way up, looks like it’s all the way up, but really wasn’t and you get a leak... hard to do with the snail and it’s lil fill tab/port flailing about to remind you to pop it back in.

It just had many QoL improvements over conventional boro/atty combos to give it in short.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The vapesnail fixed some of the things I didn’t like about boro+whatever.

Being able to just remove the bottom without losing a majority of juice or having to buy that stupid rod was a major QoL improvement to me.

Next the snail aesthetically was much more appealing than the factory white boro, then if you wanted a black boro and not buy the clone... it’s $40...at that point you’re nearly to the snails price point.

The seal on the factory boro is the bane of this type of device, the snail with its larger more robust bottom seal eliminates the stretch one can get when having to rewick... and you can easily over stretch the factory one... plus slide friction is greater at stretching than pulling out as the snail does.

The customization to fine tune is a step forward even over the shell and it’s multitude of airflow pins(more with the chimney inserts)

I’ve more than once pinched the seal upon sliding the glass back up after a refill... and once in a blue moon, you think you put it all the way up, looks like it’s all the way up, but really wasn’t and you get a leak... hard to do with the snail and it’s lil fill tab/port flailing about to remind you to pop it back in.

It just had many QoL improvements over conventional boro/atty combos to give it in short.

All valid points.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now in all honesty with the Snail... I might find it total shit

It’s been longer than two years since I’ve had a BB...

But then I was going from mechs and RDAs at .10 on 5As to these tiny baby coils in bridges and what not trying to find a decent vape... wait... sort of the same thing now

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Xeta has some pretty versatile airflow options though too. Chimney and deck. In fact. it actually has more chimney options. I know you know that, but just a reminder :D

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Xeta has some pretty versatile airflow options though too. Chimney and deck. In fact. it actually has more chimney options. I know you know that, but just a reminder :D

Yeah, but then the QoL things I liked with the snail are still present...

Now when Haku releases their all in one boro that has similarities to the snail...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But then I was going from mechs and RDAs at .10 on 5As to these tiny baby coils in bridges and what not trying to find a decent vape... wait... sort of the same thing now
Speaking as a Billet Box lover, you will not get the same full juicy vape as with a mech and an RDA. I just have to be honest about that. For me personally, the BB shines from very restricted dtl down to tight mtl.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, it does. I guess the reason I am such a fan of the shell is I don't want or need options. I want a pretty restricted mtl at 15-20 watts. So far for me, it does that hands down the best. Since I set up a Xeta for Dl, .4 clapton at 27 watts, it is fantastic. I just don't like vaping that way :(

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking as a Billet Box lover, you will not get the same full juicy vape as with a mech and an RDA. I just have to be honest about that. For me personally, the BB shines from very restricted dtl down to tight mtl.
Also very much agree.

VU Sponsors