Become a Patron!

Boreas? Yeah. Get one.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
One 'negative ' I've discovered with the Boreas. For me anyway. It chucks so much clouds its amplifying the nic hit and increasing throat burn. It's almost as if 3 mg is equal to 6. If I go with 80% VG it helps things a lot. So I'll either need to stick with the 80 pct VG or go to 1 mg of nic. Some combo of PG solution and nic mg seems to be at work here. My other go to tank is the Merlin. I'd hazard to say the Boreas throws out almost twice as much clouds. That means a lot more nic (and/or PG???) per hit. Not to mention feeling a bit axiousssss or nervoussss after a Boreas vaping session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One 'negative ' I've discovered with the Boreas. For me anyway. It chucks so much clouds its amplifying the nic hit and increasing throat burn. It's almost as if 3 mg is equal to 6. If I go with 80% VG it helps things a lot. So I'll either need to stick with the 80 pct VG or go to 1 mg of nic. Some combo of PG solution and nic mg seems to be at work here. My other go to tank is the Merlin. I'd hazard to say the Boreas throws out almost twice as much clouds. That means a lot more nic (and/or PG???) per hit. Not to mention feeling a bit axiousssss or nervoussss after a Boreas vaping session.

Clouds Bro, Clouds. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Boreas proves nic is addictive. Cause once it's in my hand I can't put the friggin thing down! Inhale. Inhale. Inhaleingaleinhale....ahhhhhh!!!!!

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Personally I like the burn lol btw I was using 9 mg nic with highish menthol and 50/50 pg/vg on a dripper with 24g kanthal 6wrap at 90-95 watts. It'll put hair on your chest. Hell I dripped 12mg people thought I was crazy but it worked.

But for your dilemma more clouds=more juice consumption=more nic delivered.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
After playing with the wicking some more I've determined that the juice is definitely coming from the drip tip. I've incrementally gone from very little wick to jamming it in, and the only time I haven't dealt with the issue is when it's wicking so bad that it's barely usable. There's a little raised rim inside the drip tip that collects condensation. After three or four of the warm, dense vapes that I go for it starts spilling out onto my lips. If I wipe the tip out like Nevweezy mentioned it's good for another three or four. This is the same problem I had with the Supreme, though strangely the Supreme's drip tip works fine on the Boreas. I wish soooo bad that both of these tanks had a Goon/Kennedy/Griffin 25 style widebore.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After playing with the wicking some more I've determined that the juice is definitely coming from the drip tip. I've incrementally gone from very little wick to jamming it in, and the only time I haven't dealt with the issue is when it's wicking so bad that it's barely usable. There's a little raised rim inside the drip tip that collects condensation. After three or four of the warm, dense vapes that I go for it starts spilling out onto my lips. If I wipe the tip out like Nevweezy mentioned it's good for another three or four. This is the same problem I had with the Supreme, though strangely the Supreme's drip tip works fine on the Boreas. I wish soooo bad that both of these tanks had a Goon/Kennedy/Griffin 25 style widebore.
I didn't care for the DT that came with it so I put one of my Merlin tips in it and I have no issues other than the occasional popping/spitting on the first hit when the tank is cold but that is not unexpected since I am running a 0.22ohm build at 60w with 75w 0.5 second preheat.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I didn't care for the DT that came with it so I put one of my Merlin tips in it and I have no issues other than the occasional popping/spitting on the first hit when the tank is cold but that is not unexpected since I am running a 0.22ohm build at 60w with 75w 0.5 second preheat.
Does the same one come with the Merlin mini? I'm thinking about getting one of those anyway.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the same one come with the Merlin mini? I'm thinking about getting one of those anyway.
can't say, don't own the mini and have no interest in it so haven't checked it out. Any wide bore DT that is straight thru with no lip should help if your issue is caused by condensation collecting in the ledges in the tip though I would think. I don't even have my original boreas tip handy but I don't recall the rim in the dt you mentioned, I just didn't like how narrow it was.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i had one and loved it. was my favorite RTA for a while. i stopped using it after i got the Limitless RDTA and Limitless +. mine would leak sometimes after top filling, even with tons of wicking material. i found the L+ less finicky to build and fill with just as much flavor/vapor IMO. that's ultimately what made me quit using it. but all in all, i still think it's one of the best RTAs out there.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deb, the Supreme's are fantastic.......:confetti:
They are a bit higher class than the Boreas, which is a work whore...... The Supreme is just very refined and high quality materials...... But I enjoy both.....
IMAG2009_1.jpgIMAG1763_1_1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my Boreas in the other day and was just able to play with it tonight. I decided to go basic on the 1st build and I put a couple of 7 wrap 26g SS316L spaced coils in it and running it in TC, WOW this thing hits like an RDA! Great flavor and vapor on this thing and it was pretty easy to build on and wick. I will have to give it a few days but I think im really gonna like it. I have a feeling its going to be a juice hog tho lol

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my Boreas in the other day and was just able to play with it tonight. I decided to go basic on the 1st build and I put a couple of 7 wrap 26g SS316L spaced coils in it and running it in TC, WOW this thing hits like an RDA! Great flavor and vapor on this thing and it was pretty easy to build on and wick. I will have to give it a few days but I think im really gonna like it. I have a feeling its going to be a juice hog tho lol

You will love it! And, yes, it is a bit of a juice hog! But well worth the extra juice for the dense and favorable vape!!!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You will love it! And, yes, it is a bit of a juice hog! But well worth the extra juice for the dense and favorable vape!!!
as someone who uses mostly drippers and the tanks i used are the TFV8 mostly, I don't think the boreas is a juice guzzler lol. Guess it's all relative.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the Boreas, great flavor and vapor, nice build quality but after running several tanks thru it I just cant use it as an all day device it goes thru too much juice for me. I thought my Limitless plus was a juice hog but the Boreas really is. I will have to use it like my limitless plus just on occasion when I want that extra boost in my vaping experience.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the Boreas, great flavor and vapor, nice build quality but after running several tanks thru it I just cant use it as an all day device it goes thru too much juice for me. I thought my Limitless plus was a juice hog but the Boreas really is. I will have to use it like my limitless plus just on occasion when I want that extra boost in my vaping experience.
Build higher, knock down the wattage and or temperature, use the smaller deck, and cut off the jfc/afc to 1 or 2 holes. That should save you on the juice while still getting a great vape.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Build higher, knock down the wattage and or temperature, use the smaller deck, and cut off the jfc/afc to 1 or 2 holes. That should save you on the juice while still getting a great vape.

I might have to play around with it and see what I can come up with.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might have to play around with it and see what I can come up with.
Before I started to DIY I knocked mine down to 3 holes to conserve on the juice based on grimm greens video and it still gives a great vape. Now that I DIY I run it wide open. I even vape it a few pulls on 1 and 2 holes open after refilling to help make sure it doesn't leak and it gives a decent vape even with 2 of the holes closed. I am running mine with a 0.21ohm clapton build at 67w with 82w preheat.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it....
58e5bcfd8cc8e13fe16b5d53ee7a5d8d.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to be selling my boreas In the hardware section of the forum, tonight.

Sent from a phone

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a goon, not a boreas but everyone should totally get both lol.
love my goon clones I grabbed locally. They totally converted me to a RDA fanboy and I will be stocking up on more of the clones from china next time I order from FT. I had only tried a kennedy clone and rafale x before this and wasn't a fan of RDA (other than when testing my new recipes in the lab) but now I am hooked and loading up carts full of RDAs for every day use when working at my desk.

Rr6UJVh.png

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Before I started to DIY I knocked mine down to 3 holes to conserve on the juice based on grimm greens video and it still gives a great vape. Now that I DIY I run it wide open. I even vape it a few pulls on 1 and 2 holes open after refilling to help make sure it doesn't leak and it gives a decent vape even with 2 of the holes closed. I am running mine with a 0.21ohm clapton build at 67w with 82w preheat.
I have SS 316l spaced coils in it @ 0.26 ohm running in TC at 420F with only 2 holes open and it really goes thru the juice, I am really not sure how else to builde it to save on juice. I guess I could do some kanthal builds but I prefer SS

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have SS 316l spaced coils in it @ 0.26 ohm running in TC at 420F with only 2 holes open and it really goes thru the juice, I am really not sure how else to builde it to save on juice. I guess I could do some kanthal builds but I prefer SS
build higher ohm and set the max/preheat watts lower? If you don't DIY you should start I guess as it is much cheaper in the long run then the cost of the juice isn't really a factor in the equation. I can DIY 120ml for under $4 vs 20 - 40 dollars for store bought juice.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
build higher ohm and set the max/preheat watts lower? If you don't DIY you should start I guess as it is much cheaper in the long run then the cost of the juice isn't really a factor in the equation. I can DIY 120ml for under $4 vs 20 - 40 dollars for store bought juice.
I do DIY some but I guess I dont buy my supplies in large enough quantities to make 120ml for $4 I try to buy my juice on sale and spend around 12 - 15 for 120ml on average just got some from mad cow for 9.99 for a 120.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clones suck especially RDAs.
No deck is the same, plus if everyone bought clones the OEM makers would make no money. We Americans really need to stop paying China for goods that can be made here.

No wonder there's no jobs, the 8% world population is buying cloned vape gear from the reds!

Sent from a phone

kargurin

Member For 4 Years

I just started building in 26 ga. SS 316l. Dual coil in my new Billow 2.5. Seems like it really ramps up fast. 435 degrees @ .27 ohms. I don't notice it sucking up that much juice in the Billow but in the Boreas I think that thing's nature is to consume juice at massive rates and chuck clouds. That's what I love about it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Clones suck especially RDAs.
No deck is the same, plus if everyone bought clones the OEM makers would make no money. We Americans really need to stop paying China for goods that can be made here.

No wonder there's no jobs, the 8% world population is buying cloned vape gear from the reds!

Sent from a phone
Well it really depends a few companies like tobecco and ehpro make good clones. I have a few tobecco clones that are great. I think the price gouging on some authentics are crazy. The so horney authentic is 150 bucks and it's made and designed in the Phillipines. If authentics were priced around the 50 dollar mark I think clones wouldn't really exist. It mostly started cause mech tubes were costing 200-300 dollars. That's nuts IMO same tubes used in 50 dollar flashlights. Plus a lot of people use clones to decide if the authentic is worth buying. Dropping 100 bucks on a small piece of metal you might not even like is crazy. Hell the G2 is made by an American company has a board in it with custom software for temp control and we were buying them for less then 70 bucks new. So why should an RDA cost 100+ dollars?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boreas, yeah I very highly agree that if you don't have one, get one. It's a wonderful, wonderful Tank.

My to absolute favorite Tanks that anything has yet come close to even comparing.

Tanks_zpsvqf0rk2k.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I'm with you on that one.

My all day Tank for the last couple of months has been the Kayfun V5.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Subtank Supply has them but they are $7.99

They were like $2 when FT had them

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Subtank Supply has them but they are $7.99

They were like $2 when FT had them
Thanks for the info. I'll gladly pay 7 bucks to make it match my gold alien better

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I bought one too, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, this was the funnest Thanksgiving ever thanks to all the deals - and and possibly the most epic vape-mail week to date

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah, this was the funnest Thanksgiving ever thanks to all the deals - and and possibly the most epic vape-mail week to date
Wait till the Chinese stuff rolls in in 2 weeks.

VU Sponsors