Become a Patron!
Last week I decided to cut cigarettes from my life completely, I'm pretty health conscious I eat extremely health and do crossfit 5-6 times a week. Cigarettes doesn't fit my lifestyle, however I started when I was 14 now I'm 32 and I smoked 1 pack a day.
I've noticed the last two days, that whenever we do cardio workouts I get an intense burning in my chest and I cant breath. I didn't have this issue with cigarettes, in fact I didn't really have any symptoms from quitting except cravings and irritability. I didn't have these issues when smoking cancer sticks.
my question is, the burning sensation is it from vaping or quitting smoking.

btw I'm a chain vapper and I vape 3ml nicotine and 0 nicotine

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome :wave:Best bet is to go to your doctor and get it checked out, I know I would rather do that, than ask on a forum.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Whiskey - you have 18 years of damage from smoking to deal with also. Go see a doctor :)

And welcome to the forum :wave:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With low nic like that, it's pretty unusual.
No issue WHILE vaping - just when working out?
Hmmm. There was actually a test with athletes that showed NO reduction in lung performance - and they did vaping, then workout, repeatedly.

It COULD be something in the liquid that your body doesn't like. You can try to determine if different flavors, different PG/VG, or just different brands make a difference.

Good luck - hopefully it is a withdrawal symptom, and in a few weeks, you'll feel SUPER and have BETTER breathing than you have in a long time.

That's how it was for me - very quick, noticeably better breathing after quitting cigs...

Thanks for the welcome, I only feel it during my workouts not during vaping, I've tried different flavors and juices. Idk if it's a normal feeling during exercise that I've never noticed before because of the smoking. maybe I'm just being paranoid or its anxiety that's a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. But tonight I was freaking out, I feel fine now except some very light coughing

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure you are drinking a lot of water, it is very important.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm also super worried my dr with contribute it with vaping not just quitting smoking
Then don't tell him about the vaping yet. Just tell him you quit smoking and go from there. If at a later date you need to mention it go a head but don't let him or her dismiss you because of it.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I quit smoking my body went thru a lot. I can tell you my Doctor monitored me closely and was so happy for the changes in my lungs, to this day he recommends vaping to people who smoke and tried to quit with no success, he new my struggle as he was my Doctor for 25 years, He x ray on my lungs a few times over the last 8 years and told me if I was still smoking these x rays might not be so good, I smoked for 35 years.

When I quit smoking my body went thru a lot. I can tell you my Doctor monitored me closely and was so happy for the changes in my lungs, to this day he recommends vaping to people who smoke and tried to quit with no success, he new my struggle as he was my Doctor for 25 years, He x ray on my lungs a few times over the last 8 years and told me if I was still smoking these x rays might not be so good, I smoked for 35 years.

That makes me feel better but not all doc feel that way about vaping so well see

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So very true, my doctor is not happy about it but considers it the lesser of two evils. I will take that. He does say it is just because he wants to see more study's on the effects. So I consider that not being closed minded just cautious.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really can't let your doctor make you feel bad or discourage from vaping. Most of them know shit about vaping. Doctors are experts in their fields, but consider that some of them finished at the bottom of their classes in med school.

Besides, what can he say? "Vaping is bad, you should go back to smoking." If he says you should do neither, then go find another doctor who understands addiction.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes me feel better but not all doc feel that way about vaping so well see
Listen to your Doctor, read up on everything you can,talk to Vapors and in the end weight it out and come up with your own opinion. One thing a lot of folks are allergic to the Pg in our liquids, if that happens and you know it buy all VG juices. Meanwhile you might buy a Bottle of VG juice just to see what happens.

You really can't let your doctor make you feel bad or discourage from vaping. Most of them know shit about vaping. Doctors are experts in their fields, but consider that some of them finished at the bottom of their classes in med school.

Besides, what can he say? "Vaping is bad, you should go back to smoking." If he says you should do neither, then go find another doctor who understands addiction.
I can completely understand where your going with this, my doctor did try to discourage me to quit vaping and doing cannabis, but you must also consider that vaping is farely new to the scene, I dont want to discourage any individuals on forum from vaping. However those of us who are vaping like myself were guinea pigs. Since vaping is a rather new alternative, scientists along with doctors arent aware of the components/chemicals used in vaping so there is no knowledge of the damage or benefits if any provided through e-liquids. With that being said I never could be addicted to a tobacco product so I will never know that experience, eventhough I used to smoke a cigar daily. I was able to quit on the spot with no withdrawls. Cannabis on the other hand was very difficult for me to ease off, so vaping was my alterative, I was aware of the consequences imposed of vaping, consequences of not knowing what Im putting inside my body, but I agreed to do so anyways. I just wanted to point that because I believe that is a very unfair dismissal on health professionals, whose profession is to discuss potential harms we can impose on ourself. When I mean potential I'am implying unaware knowledge of what we put in our bodies willingly. Though I would like to conclude that nobody should be discouraged from vaping with my comment, just take to consideration. I myself am higher at risk since cannabis aswell hasnt been fully studied either so I can be imposing double risk myself, though I still do both of them. One thing I do want to note is since I have been smoking and vaping my immune system is easily more compromised to viral infections along with my respiratory system. Also a weaker healing rate a common cold used to only last 3 days now its above 2 weeks. It could easily be a deficit of vitamin b6/b12 possibly to smoking or dietary modifications. Since there is no research being provided for either habit its possible there is a corelation smoking and/or vaping makes me more vulnerable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Listen to your Doctor, read up on everything you can,talk to Vapors and in the end weight it out and come up with your own opinion. One thing a lot of folks are allergic to the Pg in our liquids, if that happens and you know it buy all VG juices. Meanwhile you might buy a Bottle of VG juice just to see what happens.

That's probably a good idea maybe I'll pick up a bottle of vg today and take a rest for a few years

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last week I decided to cut cigarettes from my life completely, I'm pretty health conscious I eat extremely health and do crossfit 5-6 times a week. Cigarettes doesn't fit my lifestyle, however I started when I was 14 now I'm 32 and I smoked 1 pack a day.
I've noticed the last two days, that whenever we do cardio workouts I get an intense burning in my chest and I cant breath. I didn't have this issue with cigarettes, in fact I didn't really have any symptoms from quitting except cravings and irritability. I didn't have these issues when smoking cancer sticks.
my question is, the burning sensation is it from vaping or quitting smoking.

btw I'm a chain vapper and I vape 3ml nicotine and 0 nicotine

As others said, see your doctor..
However, when you quit smoking and start vaping
the VG/PG in the juice starts to dissolve the gunk in your cilia.
As the tar and other gunk dissolves away all those little cilia get exposed to air
and since they're used to being protected by the coat of resin they freak out
and it feels like a burning sensation.

Think of going for years wearing gloves and suddenly taking them off.

I suggest you cut down a little and give your lungs a chance to clean out and get used to
breathing fresh air.

Regards,
Hazy

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can completely understand where your going with this, my doctor did try to discourage me to quit vaping and doing cannabis, but you must also consider that vaping is farely new to the scene, I dont want to discourage any individuals on forum from vaping. However those of us who are vaping like myself were guinea pigs. Since vaping is a rather new alternative, scientists along with doctors arent aware of the components/chemicals used in vaping so there is no knowledge of the damage or benefits if any provided through e-liquids. With that being said I never could be addicted to a tobacco product so I will never know that experience, eventhough I used to smoke a cigar daily. I was able to quit on the spot with no withdrawls. Cannabis on the other hand was very difficult for me to ease off, so vaping was my alterative, I was aware of the consequences imposed of vaping, consequences of not knowing what Im putting inside my body, but I agreed to do so anyways. I just wanted to point that because I believe that is a very unfair dismissal on health professionals, whose profession is to discuss potential harms we can impose on ourself. When I mean potential I'am implying unaware knowledge of what we put in our bodies willingly. Though I would like to conclude that nobody should be discouraged from vaping with my comment, just take to consideration. I myself am higher at risk since cannabis aswell hasnt been fully studied either so I can be imposing double risk myself, though I still do both of them. One thing I do want to note is since I have been smoking and vaping my immune system is easily more compromised to viral infections along with my respiratory system. Also a weaker healing rate a common cold used to only last 3 days now its above 2 weeks. It could easily be a deficit of vitamin b6/b12 possibly to smoking or dietary modifications. Since there is no research being provided for either habit its possible there is a corelation smoking and/or vaping makes me more vulnerable.

I do understand your points. If vaping gets you off pot, then great.

As for doctors, there are a lot of bad ones. Maybe you aren't experienced enough but the world is full of barely competent and incompetent doctors. It's no different than any other profession. The medical profession around the world is a closed society that closes ranks to protect its own.

An example, if I may. When my wife was expecting our first child we did some research. We had chosen a well-respected hospital here in the UAE. We learned that if there any complications protocol required the head of OB-GYN to be called in. He would then take charge. That's all fine and dandy. We then did some digging on the doctors. The bio on the head doctor was easily available. He had spent over a decade working in two good hospitals in the US. What wasn't so easy to find was the conviction of negligence in the death of two patients during childbirth. He was stripped of his license.

An Aussie friend was expecting his first child on the same day. The two of us requested an appointment with the head of the hospital and it was granted. We met with her and her assistant. We brought up the doctor's history and she denied it. I then pulled out the documents on the doctor. She paled when she recognized them. A moment later she said, "What do you want?" She stopped denying it. We told her that we didn't want this man in the same room with our wives at ANY time during their stay. She agreed. She then said that this was a private issue and it wasn't to leave the room. My exact words were, "Bullshit, this is a public matter in the US and I'll tell whoever I want. You just keep him away from my wife." The meeting ended and there never were any problems. After the births, I told as many people as I could.

Postscript: The doctor, his wife and two young children were driving on a major highway in Sharjah. They had a head-on collision with a local who was 15 years old and had gotten on the highway in the wrong direction. He too was breaking the law. Both the doctor and his wife died, the kids survived. That's fucking Karma.

If you think this shit doesn't go on in the US, you need to do some research. Most people never do. Do some research on how many medicals degrees have been sold over the last 15 years in the US alone. One place in the US sold over 400,000 in a decade. Where did they go? The FBI, who busted them, said they could be anywhere. Your doctor might be top-notch but how do you really know. Most people will research their newest phone or TV, but not their doctors.

I'm not busting your balls here, just trying to shed some light.

i honestly think im ok when it comes to vaping I purchased 70/30 vg/pg and it seems to be helping and the rest of my life is extremely health so if this is the worse of it I think ill be ok, besides I don't plan on vaping forever just for a while until im completely over this whole cigarette thing

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am happy you settled on something that works for you.

I do understand your points. If vaping gets you off pot, then great.

As for doctors, there are a lot of bad ones. Maybe you aren't experienced enough but the world is full of barely competent and incompetent doctors. It's no different than any other profession. The medical profession around the world is a closed society that closes ranks to protect its own.

An example, if I may. When my wife was expecting our first child we did some research. We had chosen a well-respected hospital here in the UAE. We learned that if there any complications protocol required the head of OB-GYN to be called in. He would then take charge. That's all fine and dandy. We then did some digging on the doctors. The bio on the head doctor was easily available. He had spent over a decade working in two good hospitals in the US. What wasn't so easy to find was the conviction of negligence in the death of two patients during childbirth. He was stripped of his license.

An Aussie friend was expecting his first child on the same day. The two of us requested an appointment with the head of the hospital and it was granted. We met with her and her assistant. We brought up the doctor's history and she denied it. I then pulled out the documents on the doctor. She paled when she recognized them. A moment later she said, "What do you want?" She stopped denying it. We told her that we didn't want this man in the same room with our wives at ANY time during their stay. She agreed. She then said that this was a private issue and it wasn't to leave the room. My exact words were, "Bullshit, this is a public matter in the US and I'll tell whoever I want. You just keep him away from my wife." The meeting ended and there never were any problems. After the births, I told as many people as I could.

Postscript: The doctor, his wife and two young children were driving on a major highway in Sharjah. They had a head-on collision with a local who was 15 years old and had gotten on the highway in the wrong direction. He too was breaking the law. Both the doctor and his wife died, the kids survived. That's fucking Karma.

If you think this shit doesn't go on in the US, you need to do some research. Most people never do. Do some research on how many medicals degrees have been sold over the last 15 years in the US alone. One place in the US sold over 400,000 in a decade. Where did they go? The FBI, who busted them, said they could be anywhere. Your doctor might be top-notch but how do you really know. Most people will research their newest phone or TV, but not their doctors.

I'm not busting your balls here, just trying to shed some light.
Yea I see where your going with that I have never heard of medical degrees being sold off though, I wouldnt doubt it money buys everything. Im gonna share a personal case here, A few months ago in january I felt really sick I was cold to the touch, pale, my veins were very prominent, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, fast heart rate, numbness on my left chest, hand, and shoulder. I visited three different doctors and they all gave me anti-depressants that didnt work, I got worser so they ran bloodwork on me and I came out otherwise healthy, they prescribed me multiple antibiotics, I had no infection but after weeks of treatment I got better. Better from medication or just self healing I would never know. Only problem was the heart palpitations and shortness of breath never went away at that time so I was assigned a cardiologist, who without testing wanted to automatically put me on beta blockers to slow down my heart rate, I never took them though, they must have taken me as a fool, imagine the damage I could have done to myself if I did take a medication to slow down a heart rate that was otherwise high because of anxiety. That was a poor call from the cardiologist. Going back to the antibiotics I took I was eventually given a follow up appointment, which they ran more bloodwork and found out my liver got badly damaged from all the medications I took I know have somewhat a fatty liver, a disease in my liver that I will have to live with. I now have to give up drinking for life, low carb/protein diet for life and lose 50 pounds(so far I lost 40 Im almost there) and just maybe I might be able to reverse the damage or it will slowly progress to cirrohsis even with all the precautions. Now I know that got out of topic quick but it was relevant to the poorly informed doctors, not all are horrible doctors but I can relate to that.

VU Sponsors