Become a Patron!

Bull City Vapor

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you SO much for those screenshots! :) That does look simple. I'll reserve my excitement for whenever I can finally get one and try it. IF it works. It looks like it shouldn't be hard for me, though. A lot of things that shouldn't be hard ARE hard for me, so that's why I'm sounding so reserved. But really, it does look easy, at least for Wllmc. ;)

So, I got my flavors yesterday (thank you again for the blazing fast service) AND the cap removal tool. :(

Let me start out by saying that I, personally, only tried it on one bottle. It got the cap off, but it took a long time, and was frankly no easier or faster than the paring knife method. For me, anyway. Then Rich wanted to try it, so I gave him another unopened bottle and the cap tool. He tried to use it like a bottle opener, and ended up spilling about a quarter of the 4 oz. bottle of banana flavoring all over me and the kitchen floor. Yes, he was holding the bottle flat on the counter with his other hand. These bottles are just not meant for old(er) hands. I'll try the thing on another few bottles, once I have the smell of banana out of my nose (a little is good, but there's a limit, LOL!). Maybe it will work better on future bottles, but Rich said he's never touching it again. He'll continue using a knife, which is infinitely more effective, and wastes much less flavoring.

It would work better if was longer, like if it had a handle (like a churchkey, remember those?). A longer handle would give more leverage and fine control. Or maybe people old enough to remember churchkeys are too old to be vaping and should just go mind their own business. Or maybe I just need to go buy a bunch of empty glass bottles, punch a hole in the bottom of the effing gorilla bottle (that should be interesting, too) and let it drain into the new bottles. Real bottles, with screw on caps that I can open without pain or fear of stabbing myself. Have I mentioned I HATE GORILLA BOTTLES? I can't remember...

That all sounds terrible, sorry. I was just SO hoping it would work. And, I forgot to see if I could get UPS shipping when I ordered, so I had to wait all day for FedEx to show up. They won't call, and they never show up at the same time. Sometimes it's morning, sometimes it's evening. But I have to watch the road and the gate so I can run out the instant they get here, or they'll leave. Yesterday, thank God, it was only 2:30 in the afternoon. The weather was nice (other than a bad wind), so I sat outside with the dogs and waited. Then when the driver finally got here, the dogs both wanted to go for a ride in the truck. You should have seen me, trying to walk back down the driveway to the house, box of flavors under one arm while dragging one dog in each hand (FedEx driver laughing at me). Luckily, Rich showed up just about then, so I handed off the box to him and continued dragging the dogs. It just wasn't a good day, and today I STILL smell banana! It's like permanent marker, it just won't DIE. Couldn't I have given him the vanilla whipped cream to spill?

Actually, the banana is starting to smell like cinnamon. Maybe it's my brain, rebelling against any more banana.

(It's OK, you can laugh. Really.)

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
@Lannie I'm so very sorry about the mess and disappointed to hear the cap tool isn't working as hoped!! I hear you on the Chubby Gorillas and you're not the only one, we're always looking for better alternatives that are durable and cost-effective for shipping liquids and that can be sourced from reliable suppliers. We haven't found one yet, so that doesn't help right now but I do understand and always appreciate your feedback and the feedback from everyone here!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what you're saying is I complain too much? ROFL! Well, I'm a readhead, so I'm allowed, aren't I? ;)

It's not that big a deal. It was only three bucks. It's just that I was so disappointed, after all the rave reviews. And I will try it again in case I just had a couple of really tough bottles. I went to the reviews on the order page and couldn't figure out why there were so many 5-stars on there, but then after reading them, I realized a lot of people are re-using the bottles to mix their juice in, because they say things like "I can just pop the top and add a few extra drops of flavor if needed" or words to that effect. It occurred to me that once the top has been off and on and off and on a few times, it will probably come off with the cap tool like warm butter. Maybe it's just the first time that's difficult. I always throw the gorilla bottles away after I open them and pour the flavoring into a different bottle, so I've never had to opportunity to see if they loosen up with "age," so to speak. If I still had my 20-year-old hands, I'm sure this cap tool would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Next time I empty a bottle (should be soon), I'll play with the cap tool on the empty bottle, to prevent further smelly spillage ;) and see if that's the case. If they DO loosen up after a bit, maybe I could possibly leave the flavors in the chubbies and not put them in my other bottles. (But I had high hopes for the cap tool, too, so this probably won't work either, but I will try!)

(And for anyone who might secretly be thinking I'm being silly, or overreacting, just wait until you're old and have arthritis in your hands and fingers. I used to be like you, thinking old people were weak and useless, but once you get there, it's quite frustrating. There are a lot of things you used to do that are now painful, or simply impossible. I regret every unkind thought I ever had about old people when I was young and strong and perfect.)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Lannie those gorilla bottles do get easier getting the tops off so reusing them should be ok. I've only used the tool after they are empty so I didn't think about sloshing flavoring all over the place trying to pop the top off. At least it wasn't crab flavor... :giggle:

Yup, I've dealt with the arthritis in my hip and can imagine the pain and problems with the hands and fingers. And nope you aren't being silly or overreacting. Getting old ain't for the faint of heart.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank GOD it wasn't crab! Could you just IMAGINE? Oh, ugh.

I don't re-use my gorilla bottles, I just need to get the top off them once so I can pour the flavor into another bottle, then they go in the trash. I'll try this for a while, and if I have to go back to the paring knife, it wasn't that much wasted. Or maybe I can hang it from a cupboard handle and the cats can play with it. :) They love dangly things, LOL!

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 here as well. I've been on a new recipe tasting kick and have placed 4 orders in the last 3 months. Placed one yesterday and got a shipping notification within an hour. I'm only a couple hundred miles away form them. So far, every order I've placed in the last 4 years has arrived within 2 days. I'm up to 74 flavorings now and about to buy a second (double sided) nail polish case...

Juices.jpg

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No but i will be next order i make.
I love them, hot and cold beverages stay hot or cold, cans, plastic water bottles, glass beer bottles lol. If you do get one just don't try to flip the coffee top open and latch it, it appears that it would latch but it doesn't and will break lol.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Any insight on these? I didn’t even know that Capella had a new drop!
So top secret I am not sure anyone knows :giggle:

I'm partial to Capella so my opinion is probably a bit biased but for the most part they are all bangers. I haven't mixed any but we did try them all in whipped cream :D I don't care much for the strawberries but that's nothing new for me I generally don't care for strawberry flavors, Peach without stevia is great, Sour Blue Raspberry is good but WF is still better probably, the chocolate caramel peanut is going to be best in tobacco mixes I think, the nectarine is good, grape candy is decent but probably more of a supporting flavor, fresh spearmint is where it's at if that's your jam, of course, the smooth custard is bomb, the lemon drop is pretty good and a decent replacement for OOO lemon round candy though it doesn't hit like OOO does, the creamy vanilla is also really good but seems like it might be a bit light in flavor, juicy watermelon is really good, candied mango the team liked I don't care for mango flavors either but seems ok and cookie crumble is pretty much a plain cookie nothing special like all cookie flavors but useful.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So top secret IM not sure anyone knows :giggle:

I'm partial to Capella so my opinion is probably a bit biased but for the most part they are all bangers. I haven't mixed any but we did try them all in whipped cream :D I don't care much for the strawberries but that's nothing new for me I generally don't care for strawberry flavors, Peach without stevia is great, Sour Blue Raspberry is good but WF is still better probably, the chocolate caramel peanut is going to be best in tobacco mixes I think, the nectarine is good, grape candy is decent but probably more of a supporting flavor, fresh spearmint is where it's at if that's your jam, of course, the smooth custard is bomb, the lemon drop is pretty good and a decent replacement for OOO lemon round candy though it doesn't hit like OOO does, the creamy vanilla is also really good but seems like it might be a light, juicy watermelon is really good, candied mango the team liked I don't care for mango flavors either but seems ok and cookie crumble is pretty much a plain cookie nothing special like all cookie flavors but useful.
Thank you. Not like I need any more flavors, but always nice to check out the new stuff. Think I’ll save up for the WF drop in a few months.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed that Brown Sugar Extra is no longer available? I ordered that in my last order, but yesterday, when I got around to mixing, and got the bottle out of the fridge, it was all crystalized, and I realized it just said "Brown Sugar Flavor." I don't recall the Extra crystalizing when in the fridge... Is this going to behave differently than the original flavor? And do I need to make adjustments to my GOC recipe to accommodate this new flavor? I set the bottle in hot water to "melt" before I shook it well and measured it out, and I'll keep it at room temperature instead of the fridge, I guess.

And what is that residue in the bottom of the bottle when it IS melted? Is that actually sugar? So now my coil will be all black? Or is it something else? It might be the same as the Brown Sugar Extra for all I know, except for the color, and the sediment in the bottle. (Malted Milk has that sediment, too, so I'm sure it's normal in some flavors, but I never saw it in BSE.)

I've never NOT received the exact flavors I ordered from Bull City, which is why I didn't notice this when I unpacked my bottles and stashed them in the fridge. I just assumed I got what I ordered.

Anyway, that's my random question for today, if anyone knows the answer. "What happened to my Brown Sugar Extra?" :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed that Brown Sugar Extra is no longer available? I ordered that in my last order, but yesterday, when I got around to mixing, and got the bottle out of the fridge, it was all crystalized, and I realized it just said "Brown Sugar Flavor." I don't recall the Extra crystalizing when in the fridge... Is this going to behave differently than the original flavor? And do I need to make adjustments to my GOC recipe to accommodate this new flavor? I set the bottle in hot water to "melt" before I shook it well and measured it out, and I'll keep it at room temperature instead of the fridge, I guess.

And what is that residue in the bottom of the bottle when it IS melted? Is that actually sugar? So now my coil will be all black? Or is it something else? It might be the same as the Brown Sugar Extra for all I know, except for the color, and the sediment in the bottle. (Malted Milk has that sediment, too, so I'm sure it's normal in some flavors, but I never saw it in BSE.)

I've never NOT received the exact flavors I ordered from Bull City, which is why I didn't notice this when I unpacked my bottles and stashed them in the fridge. I just assumed I got what I ordered.

Anyway, that's my random question for today, if anyone knows the answer. "What happened to my Brown Sugar Extra?" :)
Hey Lannie,

TFA change the name and dropped the "extra" a few years ago we recently just dropped the "extra" with an update as well but it's the same flavor. Here is a little quote pulled from the TFA website regarding the name change

NOTE: We've renamed this flavor from "Brown Sugar Extra". Don't worry, it's the exact same flavor!

I wouldn't recommend putting any flavors in the fridge or freezer personally a cool dark cabinet will do just fine. Many flavors including brown sugar will crystalize in freezing or even above-freezing temperatures and the best thing to do is what you did, drop the bottle in a ziplock and submerge it into a bowl of warm water and let it sit, and then shake it up you may have to repeat this a few times but it will clear up.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Lannie,

TFA change the name and dropped the "extra" a few years ago we recently just dropped the "extra" with an update as well but it's the same flavor. Here is a little quote pulled from the TFA website regarding the name change

NOTE: We've renamed this flavor from "Brown Sugar Extra". Don't worry, it's the exact same flavor!

I wouldn't recommend putting any flavors in the fridge or freezer personally a cool dark cabinet will do just fine. Many flavors including brown sugar will crystalize in freezing or even above-freezing temperatures and the best thing to do is what you did, drop the bottle in a ziplock and submerge it into a bowl of warm water and let it sit, and then shake it up you may have to repeat this a few times but it will clear up.
Thank you @wllmc for always being there & answering any questions :blowkiss:

I always thought it was a good idea to put backup or rarely used flavors in the fridge. But I guess I should pull them out lol!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! So what this tells me is I don't use my brown sugar flavor fast enough. I had a 2-oz bottle and because it was small (slim), I kept it in the active flavor box (I actually have three of those). When I was running low, I ordered more, and never noticed the difference in color or the different name. I always put my "extra" flavors in the fridge, because that's the only place they'll fit. I have a LOT of flavors. I also have a lot of cats. (Do the math, LOL!) So when something in my active flavor box runs out, I go to the fridge and get a new bottle, then it lives in the "active" box until I get another one.

There is no such thing as a cool, dark, cabinet in this house. We don't have air conditioning, so the inside house temps range anywhere from 62 to 64 in the winter, to 100 in the summer. I just figured keeping all my extra stash cool in the fridge was better than the temp swings we have outside the fridge. So far, I haven't noticed any problems with any flavors, but now I'll know not to put the brown sugar in there, for sure. And since I got a 4-oz bottle this time, it should be good and dark by the time it's finished.

Again, thanks for 'splaining it. :) Seems like the REAL problem is I need to make more Game Over and use more flavor! :bliss:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I also meant to say, I missed the note about the name change when ordering, because I was power-ordering. I have my list in front of me, I use the search bar, I say yup, I want this much of this one and then I'm on to the next flavor. I totally missed it, sorry. But now I know better. :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thank you @wllmc for always being there & answering any questions :blowkiss:

I always thought it was a good idea to put backup or rarely used flavors in the fridge. But I guess I should pull them out lol!
it's not going to ruin a flavor if it's in the fridge but it's not really doing it too much good either I guess unless there is no cool place in the house to put them. The best way to store flavors is in a place where the temperature is consistent and away from light. Heat, light, and exposure to oxygen is the biggest killer of flavors. Flavors do not spoil or go rancid they will just eventually lose potency and get darker so to avoid this a cool dark place is recommended. :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s a classic keeper ;) so many elements layered to achieve a complex cheesecake:inlove:
I'm so glad I got this notification. I wasn't mixing back in 2014 and often like to peruse how it was done in "the old days". I feel like I missed out on an important part of DIY.

When I was hanging here I always avoided the DIY thread because I thought you were all a bunch of geniuses 🤣 and I got skeered off!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm so glad I got this notification. I wasn't mixing back in 2014 and often like to peruse how it was done in "the old days". I feel like I missed out on an important part of DIY.

When I was hanging here I always avoided the DIY thread because I thought you were all a bunch of geniuses 🤣 and I got skeered off!
Lol! Genius’s? Me? Definitely not, I’m a groupie lol! :teehee:

Seriously though, you should give Wllmc’s Juicy Strawberry Cheesecake a mix if you like Strawberries if not, use the rest of the recipe for a base & mix in your desired fruits.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have sort of a weird question for any of you wonderful BCF folks.
I saw the new 60ml bottle stand on your site and got the idea to make up a recipe from the flavors in the picture, but I can't tell what the one in the back is.
I think it is by FlavourArt but I can't figure out any more than that.

I know it is a very trivial thing to waste your time with, but if any of you know what it is I was wondering if you would share it with me?

The tentative name for the mix is "The Stand", haha.

Many thanks for any help, and apologies if this comes across as ridiculous!

EDIT: My top guesses based off of the other flavors there,
FA • Fresh Cream, Meringue, Fuji, or Vienna Cream

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have sort of a weird question for any of you wonderful BCF folks.
I saw the new 60ml bottle stand on your site and got the idea to make up a recipe from the flavors in the picture, but I can't tell what the one in the back is.
I think it is by FlavourArt but I can't figure out any more than that.

I know it is a very trivial thing to waste your time with, but if any of you know what it is I was wondering if you would share it with me?

The tentative name for the mix is "The Stand", haha.

Many thanks for any help, and apologies if this comes across as ridiculous!

EDIT: My top guesses based off of the other flavors there,
FA • Fresh Cream, Meringue, Fuji, or Vienna Cream
:D:D:D:D:D you can get inspiration from anywhere, right? LOL!!! It was FA Forrest Fruit according to the guy who took the photos

VU Sponsors