Become a Patron!

Can I run dual Samsung 25rs at super low ohm?

falcor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried reading many battery articles across the web, and see stuff like continuous capacity, amps, capacity, safety, etc. But I don't feel like I really understand it in practice.

So I'll just come out and ask: I'm using two Samsung 25r batteries in a Predator mod. I use an RTA with SS316L, staggered used captions (24g I believe), and 3.5mm diameter. Cotton bacon. An in a Kylin RTA in 2ml mode (which seems to love higher wattages–I used to vape at 70W on my old Crown v1). The flavor is fantastic.

The ohms are 0.113, or at least thats what the mod says.

I run at 125W, but with a 150% one-second boost curve (Arcticfox Firmware), so 187.5W for one second, to get over the clapton lag.

Is this save with these two 25r batteries? Is it ideal? Is there a better choice? Would a Sony VTC4 or VTC5 or VTC5a be a better choice?

I

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a regulated mod, so it should avoid most dangerous situations by simply refusing to fire, in case

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've tried reading many battery articles across the web, and see stuff like continuous capacity, amps, capacity, safety, etc. But I don't feel like I really understand it in practice.

So I'll just come out and ask: I'm using two Samsung 25r batteries in a Predator mod. I use an RTA with SS316L, staggered used captions (24g I believe), and 3.5mm diameter. Cotton bacon. An in a Kylin RTA in 2ml mode (which seems to love higher wattages–I used to vape at 70W on my old Crown v1). The flavor is fantastic.

The ohms are 0.113, or at least thats what the mod says.

I run at 125W, but with a 150% one-second boost curve (Arcticfox Firmware), so 187.5W for one second, to get over the clapton lag.

Is this save with these two 25r batteries? Is it ideal? Is there a better choice? Would a Sony VTC4 or VTC5 or VTC5a be a better choice?

I

The boost mode isn't the real issue it is with the 125watt normal run output. The Ohms (resistance) really doesn't come into effect at all, only time Ohms on a variable wattage device come into play are 1) mod control board reads the Ohms to determine if they are within its programmed firing ability (generally 0.10 Ohms up to 3.0ohms on most mods), if the Ohms are in that range, record the reading, then 2) take reading, read set watts, formulate the voltage needed to output said watts, end of story, Ohms having bearing on amps only comes into play with a Mechanical/Unregulated mod. On a regulated mod, it is the Watts that determine amp pull from the batteries, if your mod displays an amp reading that is the 2nd amp figure, amps from the control board to the coils or amp push, not the really important amp pull from the batteries themselves, so we have to figure with the watts. Simple formula really once you have all the variables for it.

Watts Set/Lowest Battery Voltage/90% Control Board Efficiency=Maximum Amps

Watts you already know, from above 125watts
Voltage, we need the lowest voltage before the mod refuses to fire with a check battery error or shutdown. Generally this is about 3.0 to 3.2v per battery on most current mods, being it is in series we get voltage X number of batteries, so 2 batteries, 3.2v X 2 = 6.4v lowest

125watts/6.4v/0.9 (or 90%)=21.7014amps
1.7amps over the 20amp CDR of those 25R's, but it is not that much over, you can alleviate that by pulling them for a swap out well before then, say 25% charge, about 3.4v or 6.8v combined
125/6.8/0.9=20.4248amps

All in all you are doing fine, suggested really 60watts max per battery on 20amp batteries (120watts in your instance), but once down to 25% charge that 187.5watts does pose a problem, and if really worried then go for a couple sets of VTC5A's, not VTC5's as the VTC5 is really only a 20amp battery just like the 25R, the VTC5A is a 25amp battery, VTC4 is 23amps which would be a secondary to the VTC5A in this instance

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have regulated mod you don't Need to build low to get big wattage flavor or vapor. ALL of these things are more related to the amount of metal contained in a coil than the ohm.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
short answer you are fine.

yes the 187 watts for a second is not ideal but its a pulse.
so should not cause an issue

if you intend to start going much above 125 as your normal wattage then invest in 30 amp batteries from samsung sony or lg

VU Sponsors