Become a Patron!

Can you make your own favor concentrates????

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I made a Mint Flavor my simply putting Mint Leaves from the garden in PG and letting it sit for a while.

Alcohol makes a recipe better, lungs don't deal well with liquids like water. Alch atomizes into vapor water don't.
Huh ? :O Ever heard of a thing called "water vapor", aka "steam" ?
Water takes more heat than ethanol to evaporate, but given the temperatures inside a vape at even the lowest wattages it will evaporate. The issue is rather about the corrosion it would entail on the coil -although, most coils being made of Kanthal ally, they'd be quite resistant to corrosion, at least during their useable lifespan).
I frequently have a little water left in my mix from having rinsed the tank (or even just from having the container open : VG is hygroscopic, i.e. picks up water from the ambient air), and it's no trouble at all, either on the vape or on the lungs. (You breathe more water vapor every day if only from the exhausts of the vehicles around you than you could have in your juice, unless you fill your tank at the kitchen tap... ^^)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've considered this myself. Bottom line is you want to end up with something that has almost no alcohol, water and especially oil! Very small amounts might be OK (and with oils, some are safer than others)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is this post still alive flavors are like 1.29 for a 10ml lol
This is true but some people are curious about this topic and it's very important that they understand what they are getting into.
On a side note: why make homebrew when you can get a 30 pack of beer on sale for cheap?
Why make a pie from scratch when you can get a pre-made frozen pie?
It's fun, challenging and there is a satisfaction from saying "I made this".

How is this post still alive flavors are like 1.29 for a 10ml lol
Not where I live : here 50mL of peppermint flavor is like 20 USD (budget price. Some are way more), so I literally have a vested interest in making my own.
Plus, once perfected the result should probably be more tasty to vape than the one I buy.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not where I live : here 50mL of peppermint flavor is like 20 USD (budget price. Some are way more), so I literally have a vested interest in making my own.
Plus, once perfected the result should probably be more tasty to vape than the one I buy.
So if you grow your own mint, it would make sense (but actually it's not a money saving thing) I agree that just buying flavors makes more sense (overall) Mint does have some oils (and I am no expert) but I think they are one of the "more safe" oils to vape (this is where I feel this thread is helpful... it's good to get feedback from others)
On a side note: love wintergreen lifesavers but it seems the actual wintergreen plant is not related to mint and could be a health hazard... could be bad to vape. Don't just jump in and make any home-made flavor... do your homework.

VU Sponsors