Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey everyone-

I'm Rick. Let's see... My vaping story? It has twists and turns... Action! and Capitalism... It started back in June of 2009. Thirty five year smoker, you've heard the story, tried to quit several times and methods - always came back to cigs.

A coworker had a cigalike and I asked what it was. Decided to research and see if it was worth it and safe to try. Thought of it strictly as a cost reducing method to help save on cigs. Research brought no viable concerns of safety. I got online and bought a 510 kit and a couple tobacco liquids.

With NO intention of quitting, I just lost my interest in cigs after 3 friggin' days! I couldn't believe it.

Fast forward a couple months and I found Vapeatron, and starting interacting some. A couple vendors came on asking if anyone had any photography experience cause they couldn't take good photos. I mentioned that I used to be a photographer. Short story is I did website photography in trade for gear. The defunct truesmoker.com was the first. Then I got to shoot the then new Silver Bullet for altsmoke.com. That got me the shoot for the entire site - and all the gear that went with it. Also got to shoot electronicstix.com and vaprlife.com. Some time later, Rob from Altsmoke got me to join ECF (sorry, didn't mean to use the E word).

I quickly learned that I was gathering a lot of gear, and it looked like it wasn't going to end! I used to be a Furniture Maker, so I made a vape stand to hold my gear. When I outgrew it, I sold it. After doing that a couple times, I started getting PM's asking to make new stands. They (you know who) said it was time to register as a vendor... So a business was born in late 2011.

I now run a vape display stand business called Absolute-Wood.com. I just started to devote myself full time to the business - here's an example:
Wenge-Padauk.jpg
Glad to be here - nice to be able to speak freely -

Rick

Last edited:

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi there, Rick and nice to meet you, and really nice work there:)
Thank you Whiskey - :wave:
we offer free vendor sub forums if you qualify, Enjoy the forum
Got it, thanks for that - I landed here as I am venturing into the advertising realm for the first time, and I'll definitely be taking advantage of the Sub Forums here - too expensive, too long a wait elsewhere :mad:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here.

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks everyone - I've got a new designation! And a couple cool new "banners" or "ribbons" - not sure what to call them. I suppose you have to be banned to get the "refugee" one, yes?

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks everyone - I've got a new designation! And a couple cool new "banners" or "ribbons" - not sure what to call them. I suppose you have to be banned to get the "refugee" one, yes?
Nope. If you're a former member of ECF you can apply for it in this thread. Just make a post asking for it.

VU Sponsors