Become a Patron!

CAP custard like flavorings - who brought the Sharpie??

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
CAP Vanilla Custard v1 and Cake Batter smell and taste like a Sharpie permanent marker to me. Anyone else have this experience? Does this go away after like 2 months of sitting? They are the only flavorings I haven't been patient enough to stick with.

I mixed up GOC but I still smell Sharpie even after 3 weeks lol - I hope after a few months that fades. Maybe it is just me but would like to know other people's thoughts about it.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't say I've tried either of those particular flavours but I do use capella flavour drops a lot. If their French vanilla is anything to go by they should both smell and taste creamy as all hell. Perhaps you've gotten a bad batch or are using too much and that's what's giving off the bad aromas?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I can't say I've tried either of those particular flavours but I do use capella flavour drops a lot. If their French vanilla is anything to go by they should both smell and taste creamy as all hell. Perhaps you've gotten a bad batch or are using too much and that's what's giving off the bad aromas?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
The recipe I was following calls for only 4% and 2% but I can smell it just from the bottle. Just recently started getting ballsy and trying diketones since I usually stray away from them but wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the bottles I got or what.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have the custard and the cupcake. Custard is fine but the cupcake taste weird by itself. No sharpie smell that I can smell in either of mine but they have been around for a while and if they had it I have forgotten or didnt notice.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I don't like both of these flavors and while I taste and smell a lot of things when opening these, sharpie is the last smell I get lol. Could always try breathing for 5-10 minutes and see if it goes away, the cap custard is strong enough to survive that. Did you try vaping it? Does it taste like sharpie too? If tho your badge probably to old lol

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't like both of these flavors and while I taste and smell a lot of things when opening these, sharpie is the last smell I get lol. Could always try breathing for 5-10 minutes and see if it goes away, the cap custard is strong enough to survive that. Did you try vaping it? Does it taste like sharpie too? If tho your badge probably to old lol
It's much better week 4, permanent marker has downgraded to ball point pen. Turning into something good I feel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's much better week 4, permanent marker has downgraded to ball point pen. Turning into something good I feel.

Lol! Sharpie.....v1 needs to steep for at LEAST 3weeks, IMHO. At a month, it really starts to come together. It does, believe it or not, get much better with time. Cake batter? It definitely needs to stay in the low percentage range.....I’ve never used it above 1.5%. It’s a love it or hate it flavor.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lol! Sharpie.....v1 needs to steep for at LEAST 3weeks, IMHO. At a month, it really starts to come together. It does, believe it or not, get much better with time. Cake batter? It definitely needs to stay in the low percentage range.....I’ve never used it above 1.5%. It’s a love it or hate it flavor.
Yeah Cake Batter is a HATE flavor for me :eek:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It makes sense, I can enjoy Custard V1 straight after mixing but after two months (a lonnnng time, or with daily shaking/airing and then a good long wait) there is a disappearance of...that "something" that I do not mind but that smells like sharpie ink to you. It does disappear, just takes a long time.

I used to leave the lid off my Custard v1 concentrates for a few days, until someone knocked a 4oz bottle over.

I love CAP Custard V1, so much that if I ever buy "premium/prebottled" eliquid, I go straight for a vanilla custard because I know it's old (lol, actually a good thing in this case) and there is nothing I love better than a fully steeped custard vape.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It makes sense, I can enjoy Custard V1 straight after mixing but after two months (a lonnnng time, or with daily shaking/airing and then a good long wait) there is a disappearance of...that "something" that I do not mind but that smells like sharpie ink to you. It does disappear, just takes a long time.

I used to leave the lid off my Custard v1 concentrates for a few days, until someone knocked a 4oz bottle over.

I love CAP Custard V1, so much that if I ever buy "premium/prebottled" eliquid, I go straight for a vanilla custard because I know it's old (lol, actually a good thing in this case) and there is nothing I love better than a fully steeped custard vape.
I think this new diketone rich FA Custard Premium will satisfy my cravings for now :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think this new diketone rich FA Custard Premium will satisfy my cravings for now :)

I've got a special little bottle of that waiting for me to try it, I can't decide what to make yet hnnng! I guess better just mix is straight at first

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've got a special little bottle of that waiting for me to try it, I can't decide what to make yet hnnng! I guess better just mix is straight at first
Dude try HIC's Teddy Bear Custard. I got a mix resting now but holy buttery goodness!

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Really old thread but figured I’d add my 2cents about Cap VC.... I cant stand the stuff. And man I wish I could.... there’s just something about it that I’m extremely sensitive to. I’ve tried various aged Cap Custard and none of it works for me.

I do however really enjoy TFA Vanilla Custard, FA Custard Premium, VTA Warm Custard. There’s just this off putting note in Cap Custard that rubs my taste buds the wrong way.

For those of you like me that can’t stand Cap VC, don’t even bother with the new TFA Vanilla Custard II. I do think it’s a better flavor overall but it has the same exact flavors note in it that I can’t stand in Caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It reminds me of Fw cake batter dip. Same artificial plastic/waxy and soapy flavor, I guess it pretty much does a good job replicating american cake icing, but damn it makes me nearly throw up lol.
Play dough.

VU Sponsors