Become a Patron!

Cereal Milk.... Cloned!

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay here its is :). Been all quiet for a while as figured I'd continue to work on refining this recipe without posting a new version every 5 mins that I changed something. Although I liked the first recipe I posted, as I carried on working on this one, I learned a lot and the more progress I made, I began to realise I hadn't been nearly as close to the original as I thought.

Until now!

Without further ado, if it looks, smells, and tastes just like Cereal Milk.... I guess it must be Cereal Milk!

7% CAP Sweet Tangerine
2% FA Orange
1% FA Bergamot
2% TPA Vanilla Swirl
2% TPA Hazelnut
1% FA Caramel

There's room for people to play around. Whats posted above is just what I like the best but you could reduce caramel to 0.5%, increase bergamot to 1.5%, Sweet tangerine up to 8% or down to 6% and it would still taste like cereal milk and still be yum!

Best to let steep a while because the Hazelnut is quite prominent to begin with and a little harsh IMO. But it mellows out nicely and settles in to the background after a while.

Big thanks to BLAX for helping me figure out the vanilla swirl.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice. Thanks for sharing this. I've not had Cereal Milk but I always love a fresh take on a cereal mix. Can I link this in the Cereal Mixing Megathread?

Off to order TFA Caramel I suppose. You have any idea if FA Caramel would sub in this?

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. Thanks for sharing this. I've not had Cereal Milk but I always love a fresh take on a cereal mix. Can I link this in the Cereal Mixing Megathread?

Off to order TFA Caramel I suppose. You have any idea if FA Caramel would sub in this?

Hi there,

Yeah sure thing, please feel free to link this to the mega thread. I probably should have done this to start with.

I haven't tried fa caramel before so I'm afraid I can't say weather it can be subbed. It might be worth a go.

I think opinions of kilo's Cereal Milk are 50/50,some like and some don't. But I hope you enjoy it.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a drawer full of flavors, yet not one to make this recipe.:(

Ah man, how is it that always happens? Not once have I seen a recipe and had 100% of the ingredients needed. If you have tried and like the original, I will vouch that this clone is worth the trouble of ordering the flavors needed.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Fa Caramel is quite different than TFA, so you may need to add a little EM and/or Sweetener.
Or a little FA Meringue as the lemon part should hide well beneath the FA Orange.
Being as I like to "fiddle" with stuff, I'd probably add some FW Hazelnut to this:D.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fa Caramel is quite different than TFA, so you may need to add a little EM and/or Sweetener.
Or a little FA Meringue as the lemon part should hide well beneath the FA Orange.
Being as I like to "fiddle" with stuff, I'd probably add some FW Hazelnut to this:D.

For what's worth, FA meringue was a flavor I used at one point when trying to clone this. Even at 0.25% it added a slight burnt surgar taste. Like described in HICs notes, top of toasted meringue type of flavor. I gave my mum that mix and she actually preferred it with the meringue.

Of course its fun to experiment and add whatever to build on this, but if your aim is to get an accurate clone of kilos original version, honestly you really don't need to be adding any hazelnut, meringue or EM to this.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For what's worth, FA meringue was a flavor I used at one point when trying to clone this. Even at 0.25% it added a slight burnt surgar taste. Like described in HICs notes, top of toasted meringue type of flavor. I gave my mum that mix and she actually preferred it with the meringue.

Of course its fun to experiment and add whatever to build on this, but if your aim is to get an accurate clone of kilos original version, honestly you really don't need to be adding any hazelnut, meringue or EM to this.

I've never had the original so I've got no idea what it tastes like.
Always found the FA Orange tasting like bitter Orange peelings.
But maybe those other flavors calm it down some.
And I usually try the original recipe before messing with it...

However, the EM / Meringue was meant for using FA Caramel as a sub for TFA only because it's not as sweet IMO.
I don't get the burnt sugar thing from Meringue although I've still got my old bottle from before it was changed.
I've seen FW Hazelnut used in a lot of the "Cereal Milk" recipes floating around.
Think maybe the Bergamot works instead of the Hazelnut that's normally used.
I suspect every vape shop has their own version of "Cereal Milk":D.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah with the Toasted Marshmallow and caramel, to me when paired with the FA orange I get reminded of that creamy orange starburst flavor, only slight milder and less in you face. That's what kilo's Cereal Milk tastes like to me. Theres also some slight brown sugar undertones in the background coming from the caramel.

Your lucky to still have that old Meringue lying around and I can see how that might work well with cereal vape. If was experimenting with adding a sweet Meringue, I'd probably think about dropping the caramel a little to compensate. It quite a sweet vape already.

Yes soo many cereals, although it's funny because even though I really enjoy vaping them, I'm from the UK and they taste nothing like the cereals we have over here.

STRRAYNGE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, I actually have 120ml of each of these flavors. That's a first. Ill give it a try this afternoon and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing this! Ill report back.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, I actually have 120ml of each of these flavors. That's a first. Ill give it a try this afternoon and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing this! Ill report back.

Haha... it's a sign!

It's not awful as a shake n vape, but can do a much more accurate comparison to the original once it is steeped and it turns the same color.

Although the recipe in the OP is still very close, I thought there was still a little fine tuning to be done. I mixed up another variation last night, steeped it in the crock pot and tested against the original this morning. NOW I'm pretty certain it's the closest I am gonna get it. Here it is with revised percentages.

2.25% FA Orange
0.5% FA Bergamot (at 0.75% there was just slightly to much bitterness on the exhale compared to the original)
1.75% TFA Toasted Marshmallow (at 2% I felt the clone had a slightly thicker mouth feel than the original, 1.75% is closer)
3% TFA Caramel Original (2.5% was still ok but to me 3% is closer to the original.

Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to hearing your feedback.

STRRAYNGE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha... it's a sign!

It's not awful as a shake n vape, but can do a much more accurate comparison to the original once it is steeped and it turns the same color.

Although the recipe in the OP is still very close, I thought there was still a little fine tuning to be done. I mixed up another variation last night, steeped it in the crock pot and tested against the original this morning. NOW I'm pretty certain it's the closest I am gonna get it. Here it is with revised percentages.

2.25% FA Orange
0.5% FA Bergamot (at 0.75% there was just slightly to much bitterness on the exhale compared to the original)
1.75% TFA Toasted Marshmallow (at 2% I felt the clone had a slightly thicker mouth feel than the original, 1.75% is closer)
3% TFA Caramel Original (2.5% was still ok but to me 3% is closer to the original.

Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Ok, couldn't wait. Ran home at lunch and made a small 5ml bottle. Very tasty! I will make a bigger bottle this afternoon for sure. I might try another small batch with a little less caramel and see how that one tastes to me, or, let this one steep a little. Now I wish I had the original to try it out as well. Either way, very good. Thanks a ton for sharing!!

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, couldn't wait. Ran home at lunch and made a small 5ml bottle. Very tasty! I will make a bigger bottle this afternoon for sure. I might try another small batch with a little less caramel and see how that one tastes to me, or, let this one steep a little. Now I wish I had the original to try it out as well. Either way, very good. Thanks a ton for sharing!!

Awesome! I'm pleased you like it.

I'm in too minds on the sweetness levels too. The original is quite sweet but not overly so. Perhaps the added bitterness when l had Bergamot at 0.75%, made it seem like it needed more sweetness when it really didn't. 2.5% or 2.75% caramel might be a happy medium.

STRRAYNGE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree. Im definitely going to tinker with it shortly and lower the caramel.

Just for the heck of it, boredom mainly, I dripped a few drops of this and a few drops of Jacksters V2 onto my dripper together. Wow, it was awesome!! Might play around with some sort of mix there as well.

Last edited:

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree. Im definitely going to tinker with it shortly and lower the caramel.

Just for the heck of it, boredom mainly, I dripped a few drops of this and a few drops of Jacksters V2 onto my dripper together. Wow, it was awesome!! Might play around with some sort of mix there as well.

Nice! I've never tried jacksters myself but imagine the two together would make up some kind of crazy, tasty cereal goodness lol

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You nailed it!!!
Mixed it up 2 days ago with your revisions. Tested it today, side by side with my subtank .5 ohms....IDENTICAL !!!
Great work!!!

Man, that's great! I'm pleased and also relieved to hear it isn't just me that thought it was really close. Glad you like it.

I'm still testing and tweaking because I think it could get just a tiny bit closer still. But it's good enough now. In fact I ran out of the original yesterday, and have been happy vaping this ever since. Enjoy!

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just made some, although I've never tasted the original. How long you think a good steep would be? It smells wonderful....:)

Cool! Yeah, when I was trying to mix this I relied a lot on the smell to try and wittle down the right ingredients and percentages, it does smell yum!

Its hard to say how long to steep as ive always just left it in the slow cooker until it turned orange like the original. It tastes good at that point, but for all I know it could be ready much earlier.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing this...
I am trying to browse through all the edits lol
Is it possible to paste the closest to the final edit so I can get caught up with what's going on with this recipe.
I have not tried the original but with all the replies and so forth I feel this deserves my attention.
I am missing a couple but I will definitely give this a try.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The most recent one is the first one right at the top of the thread. It's nice but I still think it can get closer. I imagine people might the recipe as a base and probably tweek it a bit to their own tastes. But I'll keep updating if and when I make a version that's closer to the original.

BLAX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What really sets this recipe apart from other "cereal milk" attempts is the Base: The Caramel(Original) TPA plays so nicely with the Toasted Marshmallow TPA to yield an absolutely creamy/milkiness.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What really sets this recipe apart from other "cereal milk" attempts is the Base: The Caramel(Original) TPA plays so nicely with the Toasted Marshmallow TPA to yield an absolutely creamy/milkiness.

+1, both are great flavors...

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok this is my final, final revision of this clone. I am 100% happy with it now and done tweaking... finally.

2% FA Orange
1% CAP Sweet Tangerine
0.5% FA Bergamot
2% TFA Caramel Original
0.5% TFA Toasted Marshmallow
1 drop of CAP 15% Sweetener

Notice the inclusion of Sweet Tangerine. This has added the nice sweet element of the orange taste that was lacking before when compared to the original. The orange is a more rounded flavor now.

The mouth feel was still too thick even with Toasted Marshmallow as low as 1%. Dropped it to 0.5% and it's perfect! Turns out less is more with this one, it seems more milky now, as apposed to thick and fluffy.

Before, I was using caramel original to try and get the right level of sweetness. But by the time it got sweet enough the caramel flavour was too strong. Knocked it down to 2% and added sucralose to taste. 1 drop of the 15% CAP seems spot on with original.

Hope anyone that comes across this and gives it a go enjoys it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still waiting for version 1 to steep....and no tangerine. :(

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still waiting for version 1 to steep....and no tangerine. :(

Version one is good!
If you like it but think it's not quite right then I'd recommend to try the new one for sure.

I don't think tangerine is essential unless trying to copy the original as close as possible. Also I think FA Mandarin would work just as well or maybe even better. I might give that a go myself at some point.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad I saw this post. Never tried Kilo Cereal milk. However, I'm a big fan of Jacksters V2, so cereal milk is right up my alley. I will definitely give this a go when I get some tfa T-marshmallow. Thanks OP.

GulfVapor

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah dang it. I ordered a bunch of flavors ect and got them in today. I ordered stuff just for this recipe and I didn't see the tangerine. Lol I will order it next week with another batch of flavors.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah dang it. I ordered a bunch of flavors ect and got them in today. I ordered stuff just for this recipe and I didn't see the tangerine. Lol I will order it next week with another batch of flavors.

Aah sorry about that, Sweet Tangerine was a new addition. Really makes the orange better though.

Hope you like the clone. Have you tried the original?

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, I loved the original. I am going to mix up a batch without the tangerine.

Great recipe though man.

Cool. Be interested to hear your thoughts on the orange flavour without the tangerine. I just felt it need a little something extra.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tried my 5 day steep and this is spot on I can't tell the difference thanks man you just saved me a shit ton of my hard earned cash lol

That's exactly how I feel lol. Awesome!

Annoyingly, I can still taste a little difference. But not enough that makes we wanna go spending money on the original. Pleased it worked out

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the toasted marsh on it's way. Can't wait to try this. I have tfa sweetener, I can't see that it would make much of a difference though at this small amount.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the toasted marsh on it's way. Can't wait to try this. I have tfa sweetener, I can't see that it would make much of a difference though at this small amount.

Definitely no difference in the Sweetener. I just specified CAP as I've never tried TFAs, but I think I heard CAPs is more concentrated? Should be just fine

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So which seems to be everyone's preference? With or without the Tangerine? It's a happy little flavor, so I should try both ways.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So which seems to be everyone's preference? With or without the Tangerine? It's a happy little flavor, so I should try both ways.
I agree the tangerine is a happy little flavor. I plan to try it both ways also. I'm going to mix a batch with FE lemon in place of the tangerine as well and one with both tangerine and FE lemon. I love Diy :)

MarshmallowScotty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a mix where I've used TFA malted milk. After a couple of weeks the milky flavor is really coming out, and I used about 1ml in a 20ml batch.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm convinced the original has either Tangerine or FA mandarin in it but think experimenting is cool. I currently have this steeping just for fun.

2% FA Orange
1% FA Bergamot
1% FA Mandarin
1% CAP Sweet Tangerine
1.5 TFA Caramel Original
1.5 FA Marshmallow
2% EM

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All of them sound really tasty. Next time I get my stash out, I'll play too. Thanks for sharing everyone.

VU Sponsors