Become a Patron!

Cherry Bomber Box Mod, my newest purchase...thoughts

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not the most knowledgeable vaper, I would say I'm moderately educated.

So I just ordered a Wooden Cherry Bomber box for my 3rd Box mod.

Now I've read mixed reviews on products before, but this mod takes the cake! However, I'm a sucker for anything looking as cool as the Wooden Cherry Bomber.

I digress...what are some opinions on this Mod, good, bad, indifferent, I just want quality and educated assessment's from you guys.

thanx

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got the solid copper one and am quite pleased with it.

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got the solid copper one and am quite pleased with it.

Do you use an rda or do you (can you) use clearomizer/atomizor, etc... w/ it. I know it's a 510 connection so I assume my cleito would work?

Thanx in advance

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a Freakshow RDA on mine, plus you can use a Subtank, but the coil heads have to be .3 or .25 to get thick vapor.

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a Freakshow RDA on mine, plus you can use a Subtank, but the coil heads have to be .3 or .25 to get thick vapor.
Thank bro, my tanks are sub ohm so should be gtg...

Appreciate help

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought a wooden one once and kind of threw it almost instantly in the shit I should never have bought box (trash).
If it is the same like I had then it is not a mosfet, just a cheap diode built into it, so the switch has to handle everything (and its a bad one).
Also the 510 on it was not adjustable and most of my attys didnt screw down completely or didnt even fire on it.
But the major and downright scary issue was a screw they soldered to the positive end of the battery sled, this screw was sticking out and when I put a battery in it was digging itself into the battery wrapping! When I first removed that battery, the screw ripped a good piece out of the battery and it shorted itself, it didnt vent but it got really hot. I fixed that by sanding the screw down with a dremel and I put in a good adjustable 510 connector.
One day later I dropped the box and it broke in half at the top so I ripped everything out, threw the wood enclosure in the trash and built myself a dual mosfet hammond box (which is still working perfectly after almost one year).
Like you I had no Idea about the internals and just liked the looks of it, I really hope it isnt the same crap like I bought but if it is, please be careful and consider buying something better (or put a mosfet into it).

Cheers Dave

Attachments

• 2340301-1.jpg
    2340301-1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have an alluminum clone one and a copper authentic one i like them both. Never had any of the shit people talk about with exception of having to alter the switch a little.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a wooden one once and kind of threw it almost instantly in the shit I should never have bought box (trash).
If it is the same like I had then it is not a mosfet, just a cheap diode built into it, so the switch has to handle everything (and its a bad one).
Also the 510 on it was not adjustable and most of my attys didnt screw down completely or didnt even fire on it.
But the major and downright scary issue was a screw they soldered to the positive end of the battery sled, this screw was sticking out and when I put a battery in it was digging itself into the battery wrapping! When I first removed that battery, the screw ripped a good piece out of the battery and it shorted itself, it didnt vent but it got really hot. I fixed that by sanding the screw down with a dremel and I put in a good adjustable 510 connector.
One day later I dropped the box and it broke in half at the top so I ripped everything out, threw the wood enclosure in the trash and built myself a dual mosfet hammond box (which is still working perfectly after almost one year).
Like you I had no Idea about the internals and just liked the looks of it, I really hope it isnt the same crap like I bought but if it is, please be careful and consider buying something better (or put a mosfet into it).

Cheers Dave

Thanks bro...I have a kanger mini, a fuchai 200 Watt, and a rare and awesome 40 watt C.O.V. mini volt and I just wanted something more simple and different looking...It's gonna be here in a few days, I'll post images and keep you posted.

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an alluminum clone one and a copper authentic one i like them both. Never had any of the shit people talk about with exception of having to alter the switch a little.

Thanx, good to know

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you use an rda or do you (can you) use clearomizer/atomizor, etc... w/ it. I know it's a 510 connection so I assume my cleito would work?

Thanx in advance
I personally have the aluminum cherry bomber (same thing) and I use RDA's and subtanks and it works a charm, as long as your top has a 510 connector and you are not exceeding your battery's amp's I don't see any problems also here is a little help on your battery's amp's because of the battery's being in parallel:
If you have two battery's in a cherry bomber you add the amps. Volts stay same
Example: two 20 amp 4 volt battery's in cherry bomber equals 40 amps at 4 volts.
This means you can use up to 40 amps.
Don't exceed the the amps☺
Happy vaping☺

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_WP_20160214_001.jpg

It is odd, my clone didn't come with screws on bottom for inserting batteries ?!? Also without locking fire button?

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like I said before, the wood version is nothing like the full mechanical versions. It has a lid and shitty internals, such as a diode, some cables, the good gold china-hot-glue and a not-so-high-rated switch...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its not a mech then, just an unregulated mod with the cb logo

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its not a mech then, just an unregulated mod with the cb logo

There are brass tabs on bottom inside. You put negative side on tab and push down while pushing top (+) side in. When I'm putting them in I think this must be kinda like what hell might be like. Gettin em out is shit too❕

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like I said before, the wood version is nothing like the full mechanical versions. It has a lid and shitty internals, such as a diode, some cables, the good gold china-hot-glue and a not-so-high-rated switch...

I think you might hate this mod....just feeling.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

VU Sponsors