Become a Patron!

CLONE: Aspire Triton "Clapton" Coils - BUYER BEWARE

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cloned Aspire Triton "Clapton" Coils -- BUYER BEWARE

Packaging is very convincing that these coils will be spot on. However -- they are not. How to tell the difference -- First thing I noticed was the spelling error of the website address, I then noticed color difference on the "swoosh". Look even closer and you can see the font differences on all of the writing.

Looking at the details of the outside of the coils, they are near identical.

Now, look at the real coil itself, these are NOT Clapton coils. The cloning manufacturer really missed the ball on this one. They didn't even attempt to wrap the inner coil.

Purchased off of Ebay on 12/10/2016

Detailed Images :: http://imgur.com/a/9EAI5

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking through ebay -- 99% of the ones being sold out there are these exact clones. I'm even seeing advertisements for "authentic" at authentic pricing with the same packaging and appearances. Please be careful when purchasing these coils.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ebay , yes there is no real way to be sure you are getting authentic, That's why if that is what you are looking for , stick to a reputable vendors, always.

Yup -- Every once in a while I will order something small from ebay -- just to check them out. This was more of a "BUYER BEWARE" notice for these coils, and i'm sure MANY other "clone" coils.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who was the seller on eBay? I buy these coils regularly on there so I am quite interested.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Honestly --- This wasn't meant to be a "seller" warning thread, more of a "product" warning. The manufacturer is the one at fault / misleading product, not always the seller. The seller that I purchased from isn't even a 'vaper' and had no clue that there was that kind of difference in the coils. I've spoken with the specific seller in this instance about the issue and he "acted" completely clueless as to the coils and how they work. He offered me a full refund of the product (I did not request it) and asked me if I would inspect the next shipment of product that he had already ordered before he started selling them.

Mind you, I'm not naive on how the eBay selling world works. The guy "could" have been "blowing smoke" (no pun intended) up my shorts, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt as this is the first time I've purchased from this specific seller.

Again, this was meant to inform the community that these "crap / NON clapton" coils are / are going to be flooding the market and to watch out for them. Not "watch out" for the seller in specific.

@Whiskey / Moderators -- if you would like me to release the seller information I will do so. However, until a moderator approves, I will have to do it in a PM. I'm sorry.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I was getting a little low on Aspire Clapton coils and was having some trouble finding them. I ordered from a couple different sources and wrapped them as presents to myself for Christmas (I know, pathetic, huh?). One order from ebay, knowing the risks and the other order from a well known vendor. I was surprised when the second order had been filled by a third party. Anyway, I won't know for a week what I've got but I'm concerned. I still have some authentic packaging to compare, thanks PhantomOp for your warning. Really, I'd have to say it's up to the buyer to work out any problems with the vendor.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Subtle differences but one thing that stands out is the obviously crooked printed scratch and check. I wonder how the number underneath will appear on the Aspire website. Did you give that a shot?

As almost all my tanks are RTAs, this doesn't often become an issue, and for the few tanks that take factory coils I'd rather buy from a vendor I know than off of eBay. Saving a few dollars doesn't make sense for me, but I also don't have to buy them all that often so not much of a drive to control costs on them. I assume you paid though PayPal and you can put in a dispute for receiving counterfeit goods.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Subtle differences but one thing that stands out is the obviously crooked printed scratch and check. I wonder how the number underneath will appear on the Aspire website. Did you give that a shot?

As almost all my tanks are RTAs, this doesn't often become an issue, and for the few tanks that take factory coils I'd rather buy from a vendor I know than off of eBay. Saving a few dollars doesn't make sense for me, but I also don't have to buy them all that often so not much of a drive to control costs on them. I assume you paid though PayPal and you can put in a dispute for receiving counterfeit goods.

I didn't even think to check the auth sticker --- good idea. I'm betting it will fail, if there is even a code on it. ;)
Again, I'm not to worried about the little bit that I spent on them. I didn't request a refund from the seller. I was curious what was being sold on ebay and if they were worth a crap as I still own a Atlantis v2 tank. I'm just now in the process of upgrading to all RTA tanks, just got my Ammit tanks in this evening.
:vapemail:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
At least you're in the same boat with over 2,400 people on that counterfeit.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Whiskey / Moderators -- if you would like me to release the seller information I will do so. However, until a moderator approves, I will have to do it in a PM. I'm sorry.
I would keep it to Pm, If anyone wants the name and link they can get it from you like that, Thanks for asking:cheers:
Also have to move this to vendor review area

VU Sponsors