Become a Patron!

clone suggestions

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Peace to ya'll...
So in an attempt to more quickly build up my collection of vape toys i am thinkin i want to buy some clone attys or mech mods.. I bought a clone tugboat mech mod and it was absolute trash performance wise.. So im hopin you guys could share with me your favorite clones that perform as well or better than authentics as well as maybe include a link where to find a good price on it.. Thanks i. Advance..
(p.s. i really wanna get a moonshot anyone ever heard of a clone?)

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Peace to ya'll...
So in an attempt to more quickly build up my collection of vape toys i am thinkin i want to buy some clone attys or mech mods.. I bought a clone tugboat mech mod and it was absolute trash performance wise.. So im hopin you guys could share with me your favorite clones that perform as well or better than authentics as well as maybe include a link where to find a good price on it.. Thanks i. Advance..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a clone moonshot on Fasttech I think it was I saw the other day. As for clone mechs, Tres Equis and Lucifer have both treated me nice, so much so on the Tres Equis I got a second. Each needed a little TLC when I got them in, so be ready for that, but once you get it dialed in they're solid. For atomizers the Petri v2 clones are great. Again fasttech or 3fvape for all of the things I've gotten. Diablo RTA clones are pretty great as well.

In my experience most clones have some sort of defect or just fault with them, like my TM² clone the positive post is pretty bad. One of my Petri clones the positive post came loose as well. My Avocado clone the pin doesn't extend out as far as the original and it's a slightly smaller deck. The Lucifer clone took a bit of readjusting of the firing connections. Tres Equis the connection plate has a nub on it which could be better or worse depending, and it also doesn't have as nice of a button apparently (the button is my only real "complaint"). And, my Diablo RTA clones don't quite fit right (top threading of the chimney doesn't go all the way onto the chamber, but no leaking or any functional issues, just aesthetic.

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A little bit of tinkering and adjust is something that i welcome.. And i especially dont mind if im paying clone prices.. I have a few solid authentic things so getting sone clones is kinda just a cheap way to add some part time toys to the lineup.. Ill probably keep vapin my tsunami/cuboid setup throughout my day and then play with any given clone when im at home.. Who knows maybe i find something that will replace my first string setup..lol.. Thanks for the advice..
Also i hear some not so good things about ordering from fasttech, has 3fvape given you any issues?

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A little bit of tinkering and adjust is something that i welcome.. And i especially dont mind if im paying clone prices.. I have a few solid authentic things so getting sone clones is kinda just a cheap way to add some part time toys to the lineup.. Ill probably keep vapin my tsunami/cuboid setup throughout my day and then play with any given clone when im at home.. Who knows maybe i find something that will replace my first string setup..lol.. Thanks for the advice..
Also i hear some not so good things about ordering from fasttech, has 3fvape given you any issues?
Neither of them have given me any issues at all. Now, USPS's black hole of a customs office that is the LA branch, well that's another story.

For me my most used setups are clones right now for the most part. Boreas(auth.) + Tres Equis Clone, Petri v2 clone + Lucifer clone, TM² clone + Tres Equis clone (yes a second one), Diablo RTA clone + Mini Volt. I think the only fully authentic setups I have running right now are my Avocado + Noisy Cricket, and Theorem + Pico. The Noisy Cricket being actually cheaper authentic than the clone :crazy:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Clones....Ive got a few for almost every Authentic I have except the Tres Equis and Lucifer unfortunately..
RDAs: Baal V3, Stro Mini V1, Goon, Twisted Messes Squared, Subzero 24, Tsunami 24 and PHenotype are all good clone options.
Mods: Point Blank, Dos Equis, Castigador, Full brass Diablo, Hydra, Tres Equis, Subzero Tube, VCM Tube, Copper Dimitri are some great clone mods.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clones....Ive got a few for almost every Authentic I have except the Tres Equis and Lucifer unfortunately..
RDAs: Baal V3, Stro Mini V1, Goon, Twisted Messes Squared, Subzero 24, Tsunami 24 and PHenotype are all good clone options.
Mods: Point Blank, Dos Equis, Castigador, Full brass Diablo, Hydra, Tres Equis, Subzero Tube, VCM Tube, Copper Dimitri are some great clone mods.
Just wanna toss out there, there are of course various clones for everything. For the Twisted Messes Squared I think it was the Tobeco one that was 1:1 and good, the FT or 3Fvape one I got (I forget which place) is still nice but like I said earlier has positive post issues.

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Neither of them have given me any issues at all. Now, USPS's black hole of a customs office that is the LA branch, well that's another story.

For me my most used setups are clones right now for the most part. Boreas(auth.) + Tres Equis Clone, Petri v2 clone + Lucifer clone, TM² clone + Tres Equis clone (yes a second one), Diablo RTA clone + Mini Volt. I think the only fully authentic setups I have running right now are my Avocado + Noisy Cricket, and Theorem + Pico. The Noisy Cricket being actually cheaper authentic than the clone :crazy:

On a note other than clones... You said your using a mini volt and pico.. (my wife uses the mini-volt) i always kinda strayed away from any boxes like those because the voltage is so low. I vape tanks about 60w and drippers around 80w.. Maybe i am a little misinformed being a newer vaper but i always kinda thought those lower wattage mods were kinda rookie equipment. What kinda benefits do you get out of them(as i can tell your obviously not a rookie..lol)

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Do u have one particular site that you buy from or kinda just shop around?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On a note other than clones... You said your using a mini volt and pico.. (my wife uses the mini-volt) i always kinda strayed away from any boxes like those because the voltage is so low. I vape tanks about 60w and drippers around 80w.. Maybe i am a little misinformed being a newer vaper but i always kinda thought those lower wattage mods were kinda rookie equipment. What kinda benefits do you get out of them(as i can tell your obviously not a rookie..lol)
Mainly just easy to pocket, can toss it in without noticing the weight/size at all. I can't say the same about the collection of 3 battery mods I have or even the 2 battery ones. In a perfect world I'd love to take the Noisy Cricket with me but no locking feature and flipping the button can be a pain. Also though, when I'm at say a bar or a party I don't want to be that guy fogging the entire patio, so I prefer something a little lighter and that's what my Diablo + MV/Pico does (1.3Ω FC build, produces more than you'd think at 40w).

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do u have one particular site that you buy from or kinda just shop around?
I've gotten the majority of my clones from the 2 I said above, but I wanted to make one note, stay away from Gearbest if you can. Just lots of bad stuff about them and they took twice as long for me the one order I put through them. If you're ok with a 2 month wait time and they have a deal or item you can't get elsewhere they aren't horrible, just from what I've experienced and seen the others are far better.

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've gotten the majority of my clones from the 2 I said above, but I wanted to make one note, stay away from Gearbest if you can. Just lots of bad stuff about them and they took twice as long for me the one order I put through them. If you're ok with a 2 month wait time and they have a deal or item you can't get elsewhere they aren't horrible, just from what I've experienced and seen the others are far better.
Thanks for all the advice..

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Peace to ya'll...
I pretty much avoid Clones, too many good deals on authentic's out there already. Example picked up 3x authentic VS tube mod's for $5 each, an Oros V2 $45, 2x Arthas for $30 each, 2x authentic Conqueror's for $16.99 each, 1x Freakshow mini for $8.99, have seen the Boreas on sale for $22, etc., etc.

Shop around and you'll find them

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Clones....Ive got a few for almost every Authentic I have except the Tres Equis and Lucifer unfortunately.. RDAs: Baal V3, Stro Mini V1, Goon, Twisted Messes Squared, Subzero 24, Tsunami 24 and PHenotype are all good clone options. Mods: Point Blank, Dos Equis, Castigador, Full brass Diablo, Hydra, Tres Equis, Subzero Tube, VCM Tube, Copper Dimitri are some great clone mods.
Hi Ray, where have you found Subzero tube clone if you don't mind telling me? Have been looking for Shorty clone without any success.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Peace to ya'll... So in an attempt to more quickly build up my collection of vape toys i am thinkin i want to buy some clone attys or mech mods.. I bought a clone tugboat mech mod and it was absolute trash performance wise.. So im hopin you guys could share with me your favorite clones that perform as well or better than authentics as well as maybe include a link where to find a good price on it.. Thanks i. Advance.. (p.s. i really wanna get a moonshot anyone ever heard of a clone?)
You can find a Moonshot clone on eBay for $15-$20 or authentic for around $20. Only difference is that clone doesn't have gold plated 510 pin.
I run mine on a Noisy Cricket that can be found authentic for $15-$20 as well. Haven't seen a cloned Cricket yet. Killer combo spec. if you like warmer vape.

Last edited:

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only clones that I have are the NarDa by unknown (3fvape) and the Velocity v2 by Tobeco. Both are awesome.

Telefunkin U47

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Had good ones and bad ones. The hobo from fasttech is excellent, probably my favorite dripper for flavor right now. Most of the te it's set up with a ni single coil for taste testing my diy juices. Small chamber and a pain to build bit I love it. The worst clone I've had was a swirlfish. Always very harsh and shit for flavor untill I milled out the inside of the top cap. I have used fasttech and gearbest with no issues but it will be a while before you get it. EBay is another option and faster but you will pay a little more for the same clone

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As someone who has been buying RDA clones for years, I can tell you that the overall quality has improved and nowadays the quality of most is reasonable.
When buying a clone you should relay on close ups and customer reviews.

jeston425

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suggest the Kennedy clone. I could afford the authentic but once I tried the clone from fasttech, I saved up to get the real deal.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only clones that I have are the NarDa by unknown (3fvape) and the Velocity v2 by Tobeco. Both are awesome.

Is one Tobeco Velocity V2 good enough, or do you think I need a couple, for parts? It is the only RDA I can find that combines side airflow, velocity deck, deep juice well, and option for a 510 drip tip.

Presently have a Mutilator, wide bore only, 4 post, and air holes a little wonky, but it works ok. Have a Freakshow, but find it too restrictive.

Would consider an RTA too, but not one that will be leak prone unless perfect wicking. Preferably without a juice flow control that will fail over time. My Bachelor turned out to be a POS, and I don't think single coil is for me anyway.

Vinci

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked up a Samurai Comp V2 clone (presumably) on eBay some time back and was so pleased with it that I bought 3 more. For $13, they are hard to beat. The grub screws aren't particularly robust, but neither are the ones in my authentic RDAs.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is one Tobeco Velocity V2 good enough, or do you think I need a couple, for parts? It is the only RDA I can find that combines side airflow, velocity deck, deep juice well, and option for a 510 drip tip.

Presently have a Mutilator, wide bore only, 4 post, and air holes a little wonky, but it works ok. Have a Freakshow, but find it too restrictive.

Would consider an RTA too, but not one that will be leak prone unless perfect wicking. Preferably without a juice flow control that will fail over time. My Bachelor turned out to be a POS, and I don't think single coil is for me anyway.
I had 2 Tobeco clones before I vaped one forward after I got an Authentic Velocity V2. Tobeco makes a good clone but to be honest with the bullshit FDA coming down I recommend getting a second. They're inexpensive and you'd be foolish not to.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have problems getting my Castigador to fire.. anyone else have that experience?

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In other news, I'm a clonester... Aynt nobody got money for the real deal, except for my tanks, regulated devices, Orios V2, and the splurge purchase of my Rig/Rough Neck V2. I do have a few authentic atty's and they are the more solid of my atty's but you'll see my logic below.
My 2 most solid feeling clones are the point blank, and Incubus. I love my Diablo, but I have problems keeping the batteries in contact, If i bump it too hard it squishes the contact points at the bottom and it's an automatic adjustment phase to make sure its firing properly. Castigador.. mehh if I could get the button firing better maybe but even then it get's pretty toasty in a hurry.. I am digging my Cherry Bomber 2 with the exception of the terminals being kind of a pain the ass to get the battery in and out, and the insides aren't pretty. I've got a couple 26650 tube mechs that are clones, if you want to dable in those, I would go with the mutant over the Hade's clone.. I just dont like the lock on the Hades.. it's a pain.. The hollow point would be a cool mech if the damn trigger wouldn't slip and require an adjustment every day or two. Makes it not worth it in my opinion. I have 2 Tres Equis, I prefer the one I got from 3fvape over the one I got from ebay. the one I got from Ebay the battery terminals dont line up with the base and can be hard to get the batter out of it's tube.

As for Atty's.... Tobeco Velocity for sure, I like both of the Plume Veils I've gotten from 3f, The Goon, The AV Hubble II rda I got, it comes with 2 different caps. its a solid build. Freakshow and Top hat are basically the same rda just different top caps and I wasn't that impressed (those are both authentic). My Kennedy heats up really fast but it might also be the build I have in it. I liked it so much I bought an authentic (used off of the forum). The way I go about it is, I can get 6 clones for the price of one authentic. If I find myself burning through the same clone style a handful of times, I'll look into buying an authentic, otherwise save your money and explore the different options available until you find what you like airflow and build wise. Do exercise caution and make sure they arent shorting out or anything, but I've yet to have a problem with that. Good luck on the horde!

Last edited:

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In other news, I'm a clonester... Aynt nobody got money for the real deal, except for my tanks, regulated devices, Orios V2, and the splurge purchase of my Rig/Rough Neck V2. I do have a few authentic atty's and they are the more solid of my atty's but you'll see my logic below.
My 2 most solid feeling clones are the point blank, and Incubus. I love my Diablo, but I have problems keeping the batteries in contact, If i bump it too hard it squishes the contact points at the bottom and it's an automatic adjustment phase to make sure its firing properly. Castigador.. mehh if I could get the button firing better maybe but even then it get's pretty toasty in a hurry.. I am digging my Cherry Bomber 2 with the exception of the terminals being kind of a pain the ass to get the battery in and out, and the insides aren't pretty. I've got a couple 26650 tube mechs that are clones, if you want to dable in those, I would go with the mutant over the Hade's clone.. I just dont like the lock on the Hades.. it's a pain.. The hollow point would be a cool mech if the damn trigger wouldn't slip and require an adjustment every day or two. Makes it not worth it in my opinion. I have 2 Tres Equis, I prefer the one I got from 3fvape over the one I got from ebay. the one I got from Ebay the battery terminals dont line up with the base and can be hard to get the batter out of it's tube.

As for Atty's.... Tobeco Velocity for sure, I like both of the Plume Veils I've gotten from 3f, The Goon, The AV Hubble II rda I got, it comes with 2 different caps. its a solid build. Freakshow and Top hat are basically the same rda just different top caps and I wasn't that impressed (those are both authentic). My Kennedy heats up really fast but it might also be the build I have in it. I liked it so much I bought an authentic (used off of the forum). The way I go about it is, I can get 6 clones for the price of one authentic. If I find myself burning through the same clone style a handful of times, I'll look into buying an authentic, otherwise save your money and explore the different options available until you find what you like airflow and build wise. Do exercise caution and make sure they arent shorting out or anything, but I've yet to have a problem with that. Good luck on the horde!
Thanks dude.. This response good be a collection guide.. Ill just come back and check off each toy you mentioned as i get it..lol.. I appreciate your in depth-ness

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of clone only manufacturers from a few years ago like Ehpro, Tobeco, Hcigar... now make their own authentic products, so they had to kick it up a notch and improve their manufacturing and inspection methods.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of clone only manufacturers from a few years ago like Ehpro, Tobeco, Hcigar... now make their own authentic products, so they had to kick it up a notch and improve their manufacturing and inspection methods.
Yeah I've been impressed with Tobeco, not so much with Ehpro. Tobeco I have a Velocity clone and a Mutant V1 26650 mod and they are built well. On a whim I got a Tobeco original Glasses rda and was so impressed I got 3 more. They are only $10 on Kidney Puncher.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors