Become a Patron!

Cloud chasing build help?

JustA96Cummins

Member For 1 Year
Hey all. I recently picked up a sniper dual 18650 mech mod. Im currently running a mutation xv4 rda with some claptons(unknown what they are) and the clouds just arent what i expected, im running some lg g2 batts that are 3000mah 20A continuous, my question for yall is what kind of coil setup should i build to get some serious clouds out of this thing? Ive had good luck with dual parralell 26ga coils so im thinking of trying that but wanted some other opinions on what i should try here, thanks all! (I am running max vg btw)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
some claptons(unknown what they are)

oof7o.jpg

JustA96Cummins

Member For 1 Year
They came with the rba deck that i bought for my tfv12 prince, i believe they are .25 ohm? I didnt build them and never have built claptons before because all i currently have a roll of 26ga kanthal

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Research, Research, Research and then do it again via different sources a few times. Sounds like you’re trying to go from the Kiddie Pool to the Olympic High Dive.
Don’t just read Ohm’s Law...read it, understand it, and learn to apply it to vaping...research the batteries you’re using to find their true rating (wraps and boxes are usually exaggerated, pulse ratings instead of continuous, or flat out wrong), read reviews from different folks on the mod and RDA. Get on YouTube and start researching different coil builds and reviews and tutorials and which coils work best with different setups, RDA’s, types of mods (regulated and unregulated). Never use a coil you don’t know much about, never use an rda you don’t know much about, never use a mod you don’t know much about, never use batteries you don’t know much about.
You need to be sure you know everything that is happening and could possibly happen when you hit that fire button.
Please don’t be another poster person for big tobacco to use against vapers by injuring yourself.
You were smart enough to ask in the forums, but honestly, it sounds like you’ve only dipped your toe in the pool and there is way too much info and most folks won’t want to go over every aspect of vaping or you’ll get flooded and get too much at once. Research a bunch on your own and ask specific pointed questions that don’t involve you not knowing everything about what you’re using and just have some “what if’s” you’d like answered.
Glad to have someone new in the vaping community, but please be a safe new member above all...just gotta remember...
e8550448e4fa0732df4cf8d765a253e4.gif

Do things by the book...just be sure that you are the author

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Is that Sniper mod series or parallel?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aliens (4) cores (7) wraps.....SS 316 L..... ohms...(.04).....
8b6879400579a1ccac751e2830d22d12.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JustA96Cummins

Member For 1 Year
I do have an ohm meter, i ran it before and i know i checked and made sure it was safe with my batteries, i know all of the specs on my batteries, they are 20a continuous and 35a pulse, ive read ohms law and i always use steam engine to double check everything safety wise, i have experience building coils and have tried some different builds such as parralell and twisted and was thinking about moving to more advanced builds and just wanted to see some opinions on what people think is a good build to try, i ended up building some quads with my 26 gauge, 6 wraps and theyre ohming out at .22, they hit great and i know theyre safe with my batteries, oh and honestly steve people like you who go ahead and assume things without having any knowledge are the biggest problem with the vaping community, to the rest of you guys, thank you, i appreciate the input.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Also, jwill it is parralell

With that I am going to get one because it looks pretty cool. As for the build keep it simple because the mutation will get hot as hell with a fancy coil and the build deck is kind of small. 22g NI80 is perfect for me, might be for you as well. If you want a super fast ramp and some control over heat, stage it. Use a 24 or 26g NI80 paralleled with KA1 or SS. This will get you what you want.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am not assuming I am going by what you said which was you had NO IDEA. People like you should not be using mechs.

Last edited:

JustA96Cummins

Member For 1 Year
Yeah it was getting pretty hot with these quads.When i said i wasmt sure what they were i meamt i didnt know what sizes the core wire and the outer wraps were, i knew it was a safe build. And trust me, i know a hell of alot more than alot of people that i see using mechs. I know my shit and was just looking for some opinions.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could win a Vape Comp with The Fatality....
f5dd1c08dc1308878ce4c080010490bb.jpg
9d043d33aad775d8961229cfb01a24f1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When talking about battery safety, this scene from one of the terminator movie pops into mind...around the 1:10 of that clip, I think

Do things by the book...just be sure that you are the author

Second-hand smoke contains more than 7000 chemicals and about 70 known carcinogens (cancer causing ingredients). Vaping, unlike smoking, is far less dangerous because the vapour is inherently free of dangerous toxins and dissipates rapidly after being released. Both sets of results are updated in real time.

There is still a great deal of research that needs to be conducted into the effects of vaping, but doctors agree that vaping is mainly harmless for them and anyone else in their vicinity.

Moderator edited out foreign language spam link

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors