Become a Patron!

Community vs Challenge Team Challenge!!! Closes 03/31/19 (17 Prizes for the winning team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The judges all agreed to give all the recipes a full week steep from the mailbox initial test. We wanted them to have a chance for the assorted critter flop taste to go away...:blech:

Honestly all the recipes are very good. Deciding a winner will be like trying to decide which is your favorite child...

The winner will be announced Sunday @23:59:59 HST.:giggle:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The judges all agreed to give all the recipes a full week steep from the mailbox initial test. We wanted them to have a chance for the assorted critter flop taste to go away...:blech:

Honestly all the recipes are very good. Deciding a winner will be like trying to decide which is your favorite child...

The winner will be announced Sunday @23:59:59 HST.:giggle:
Most days I don't like any of my children all that much... Love em... Just don't like em much...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Ok Samuel... who's recipe gets the coveted not shit moniker ;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, my friends.......the judges have spoken.

After a week and a half of agonizing, tears, throwing rda’s against the wall and sacrificing a nubile virgin to the vaping gods, they have come to a decision.

They were sent 4 bottles. Blind testing. A week or so later, they were sent the descriptions of the recipes. They said it was close......

The teams were numbered as follows...

#1 Go Big or Go Home
#2 Team Frankenpig
#3 Mixing Misfits
#4 The Flavor Saviors

The winner is...................

Go Big or Go Home!!!! @VAPEROXX @Vape Fan @midknight420 @LeanPipe ! Congrats! Thank you all for your participation, endless, entertaining smack talk and hard work! I absolutely cannot wait for the next DIY challenge! And thanks to our amazing judges, @gopher_byrd , @Heartsdelight and @Wb80 ! You guys are awesome!!!

Now....the last piece. All teams will post their recipes and development notes for everyone. This piece is important, especially for noob mixers, to see how your team finally got to their recipe.

Thank you, everyone!!!:blowkiss:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Now....the last piece. All teams will post their recipes and development notes for everyone. This piece is important, especially for noob mixers, to see how your team finally got to their recipe.
:slowclap::sadpanda: < the amount of my newby green input

Thanks to everyone that did all the footwork. And the judges for being fair, honest, and making all the right decisions :D

:stars2::stars2::hearts::stars2::stars2:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking for our team, we are appreciative and humbled by the judges decision! Thank you all so much! To the other teams, we had a ball talking smack, but in the end you are all gifted mixers and good friends. So thanks to you as well! I would also like to send heartfelt good wishes to our teammate @LeanPipe. She has been dealing with some serious health issues that unexpectedly sidelined her in this competition. But she is part of the team nonetheless, and will share in the prizes and bragging rights once she's back on her feet!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Speaking for our team, we are appreciative and humbled by the judges decision! Thank you all so much! To the other teams, we had a ball talking smack, but in the end you are all gifted mixers and good friends. So thanks to you as well! I would also like to send heartfelt good wishes to our teammate @LeanPipe. She has been dealing with some serious health issues that unexpectedly sidelined her in this competition. But she is part of the team nonetheless, and will share in the prizes and bragging rights once she's back on her feet!

Good job cappy

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Congrats to Go Home and their team. Had some fun with this one and learned quite a bit along the way. A big thanks to the challenge team for settin this up as always and a big thanks to my team for their hard work and testin and puttin together the recipes with the limited flavors we had. I would truly be honored to work with them again in the future.

So here's our recipe provided by Necro. Misfit Fritter Pie!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2974439?token=afd6331721d4a87

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Since I’m here, I’ll start the ball rolling.....

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon(#4)

FLV Mango 1%
WF Island Mango 3%
Caps Sugar Cookie 2%
FA Catalan Cream 1.5%
TFA Honeysuckle 4.5%
FA White Peach 0.25%
WF Angel Cake 4%

After settling on a profile, we got down to business. Mango was tough....mango can get funky or piney. We messed around with a few(VT, FLV, WF, SC/FE) until the combination worked. A touch of peach pushed the mango up a little more. The cake was also a challenge. It had to be present, but not overtake the delicate honeysuckle. WF Angel Cake was chosen for its lightness and nice cakey aspect, backed up by Caps sugar cookie which, at low percentage, pushed up the cake even more. At that point, we all felt we were missing something. FA Jasmine was thrown around, as was a few creamier things(FLV Milk and Honey, VT Yogurt Drink, TFA Vanilla swirl, TFA Bavarian, and FA Catalan). Catalan won out for its custardy creaminess as well as its touch of spice.

All in all, a super fun collab and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

:blowkiss:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congrats to Go Home and their team. Had some fun with this one and learned quite a bit along the way. A big thanks to the challenge team for settin this up as always and a big thanks to my team for their hard work and testin and puttin together the recipes with the limited flavors we had. I would truly be honored to work with them again in the future.

So here's our recipe provided by Necro. Misfit Fritter Pie!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2974439?token=afd6331721d4a87
Which # is Misfits Fritter Pie? I only know them by #’s.:D

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Our recipe was Granny's Award Winning Apple Crisp. We had a lot of PM brainstorming to come up with the flavor profile. Once we settled on it, we discussed the contents of a real homemade Apple Crisp. Then I proceeded to order the best of the flavors that fit, adapted a real apple Crisp recipe to an eliquid recipe (with a few versions to get the crumble topping just right), and voila! Granny's Award Winning Apple Crisp was born!
The recipe is:

Apple Filling FLV 7%
Double Apple CAP 2%
DX Brown Sugar TFA 1.5%
Oatmeal Cookie TFA 3%
Butter Base VT 3%
Sugar Daddy 3%

Also pictured is a screenshot of the actual recipe from my catalog.
9eeadda78fd1eccf93d6f9b657e2e018.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Our recipe was Granny's Award Winning Apple Crisp. We had a lot of PM brainstorming to come up with the flavor profile. Once we settled on it, we discussed the contents of a real homemade Apple Crisp. Then I proceeded to order the best of the flavors that fit, adapted a real apple Crisp recipe to an eliquid recipe (with a few versions to get the crumble topping just right), and voila! Granny's Award Winning Apple Crisp was born!
The recipe is:

Apple Filling FLV 7%
Double Apple CAP 2%
DX Brown Sugar TFA 1.5%
Oatmeal Cookie TFA 3%
Butter Base VT 3%
Sugar Daddy 3%

Also pictured is a screenshot of the actual recipe from my catalog.
9eeadda78fd1eccf93d6f9b657e2e018.jpg

#1, bcf doesn't have right now.

sugar daddy - not coming up, what is it ?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
oh, I know, she's on the Slow Boat = got a few more weeks to wait. but that's ok ….

You already got your nubile virgin. Y'all sacrificed her to the vaping God's a couple weeks ago while we were all waiting and biting our nails to the quick. Y'all were apparently hootin it up, dancing round a fire, sacrificing and all, and we were sitting here like boob-tube idiots...........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors