Become a Patron!

Cthulhu RTA III (Deck Swap System &19.8mm building deck!)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been using my V2 for several weeks now. I like it a lot. However, even with 90VG/10PG, I can't fill it from the top. I'm utilizing a pipette/dropper bottle. Once I filled the tank up, I open the juice flow, then the airflow, and juice starts running out the air holes. Even re-wicking different ways, didn't solve the problem. Filling it from the bottom, takes a bit longer, but it doesn't leak.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Our RDA is coming :)
I have two Hastur RDAs in my collection (currently 54 various RDAs). Excellent design, and flavor RDA. I love the top airflow, which makes it a good, leak proof RDA, that you can use on the road as well.

CthulhuMod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IN JAIL
Unlisted Vendor
IUnFLLA.jpg

6R8XpXc.jpg

yRlIon5.jpg

geoGC6A.jpg

ykC9XAH.jpg

ykC9XAH.jpg

ri4yxTN.jpg

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ditto! I got two of the Hastur RDA.

I'll get me 1-2. I own both versions of the Cthulhu RTAs, and like them both.
I like this Aromamizer RTDA style. I'm thinking this will produce better flavor. The Aromamizer's drip tip insert sits too high.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't you think it's a nice RDA?
Velocity style deck
Low profile/flavor chucker
Side/top airflow/no leaks
Cheap...
Dude it's a BUY!

Vape On
Golly gee, thanks for all your help there, Mr Vapeband! lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Needs to not use the aromamizer style wicking....I dont see that working to well as it was the Aromamizers Achilles heel

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really am not a fan of the Hastur RDA. I find it difficult to build on. This looks much easier to build.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't heard from this dudes after I purchase the RDA..
PAYPAL DISPUTE COMING

Vape On

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Aromamizer is not a "fail" on any points, it works very well. I know you love your Griffin, but this hatred of the Aromamizer is getting scary ;)

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean this thing looks like a mash-up of a Griffin and an Aromamizer. The Aroma is a fine RDTA, I had plenty of good builds on it and it always worked fine. But the Griffin came along, and I simply can't find a reason to not use it. This seems like a step backwards, is all.

Besides, the Crius-style top fill? No thank you, I've moved on past that style. It was a pain in the ass with the Crius, it'll be a pain in the ass here, too.

Not to tinkle in everyone's Cheerios or anything.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im not shitting on anything, its nice that you like the Aromamizer...it just never made me happy...I couldnt fit much in it, it wouldnt wick well for me even when I drilled the holes out and added more holes for wicking. The band drove me nuts and I couldnt find a build that would wick and work above 60w in it.
If you have gotten one that works keep it..Its one of a kind.

I know I have gushed over the Griffin but thats due to its flawless design and its functionality, I also like the Diablo, the VCMT and other RTA's that are similar because they work well...just most RTA's dont have that simple yet functional design that also have less then a handful of problems...Im pretty blunt about what I buy and I buy to compare and review, If something sucks or doesnt work well or has issues I will yell it from the rooftops. I wont sugarcoat it.

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
"Besides, the Crius-style top fill? No thank you, I've moved on past that style. It was a pain in the ass with the Crius, it'll be a pain in the ass here, too."

For sure. The V2 style top cap with some knurling would be way better than the side fill. Stupid....

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I haven't heard from this dudes after I purchase the RDA..
PAYPAL DISPUTE COMING
*Ugh* Not encouraging. Guess I'll hold off until there's state-side stock by a reputable reseller.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im not shitting on anything, its nice that yuou like the Aromamizer...it just never made me happy...I couldnt fit much in it, it wouldnt wick well for me even when I drilled the holes out and added more holes for wicking. The band drove me nuts and I couldnt find a build that would wick and work above 60w in it.
If you have gotten one that works keep it..Its one of a kind.

I know I have gushed over the Griffin but thats due to its flawless design and its functionality, I also like the Diablo, the VCMT and other RTA's that are similar because they work well...just most RTA's dont have that simple yet functional design that also have less then a handful of problems...Im pretty blunt about what I buy and I buy to compare and review, If something sucks or doesnt work well or has issues I will yell it from the rooftops. I wont sugarcoat it.

I was looking at the VCMT and almost bought one until I heard you have to drain the tank to access the build deck. True?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was looking at the VCMT and almost bought one until I heard you have to drain the tank to access the build deck. True?
True, well kind of...If you flip the tank upside down then you dont need to, just dont move the glass...

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, if so, that takes it right off the list.

edit:
True, well kind of...If you flip the tank upside down then you dont need to, just dont move the glass...

yeah, there it goes.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hope that's good news for the rest of us. Mine went from "pending" to "processing" a couple days ago, but nothing since. :/

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
File a claimed with PAYPAL!fuckers will move when they get notified,then email them and request for REFUND!!!
That's what I did... And it works

Vape On

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck them. Had to do the same thing with Gearbest (twice - never again :mad:) and no vape hardware is worth that kind of aggravation.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
File a claimed with PAYPAL!fuckers will move when they get notified,then email them and request for REFUND!!!
That's what I did... And it works
Not interested in going there. I think that, instead, I'll stick with my original plan: Next RDA will be an Aeolus Lite. I'll consider a Hastur RDA V2 when stateside vendors get them in stock.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not interested in going there. I think that, instead, I'll stick with my original plan: Next RDA will be an Aeolus Lite. I'll consider a Hastur RDA V2 when stateside vendors get them in stock.
Have you actually "talked"yourself into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors