Become a Patron!

CUBOID TCR or SS316

iki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so i got my cuboid last week, today
I got my griffin RTA. And i put dual SS316L 24G coils. So you that have a cuboid or you that can answer my question, do i use my cuboid in TCR
mode or do i use it in SS316 mode?
Right now im using in TCR 160 , 430*F , 60W and 0.22 coil.
Please help me here, and also would like to know what mode i would use in kanthal A1 28G.
Thank you

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me with SS, Power Mode works best, I will say with SS, Smart Mode works well.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use SS316 mode with your SS coils and power mode with your Kanthal, SS works in power mode as well depending on your preference, if you want to use TCR with your SS316L you can try anything from 0088 to 0101, do you know how to setup M1, M2, M3 TCR values? personally i do not find TCR that useful with SS316L wire, either use it in SS316 mode or power mode, this gives good enough results.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Cuboid seems to be on the weak side with SS316.
At least according to the tests that DJLSBvapes did the correct TCR value is 108.
For Kanthal you should use VW.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Cuboid seems to be on the weak side with SS316.
At least according to the tests that DJLSBvapes did the correct TCR value is 108.
For Kanthal you should use VW.
108 for SS316 wire? could you link DJLsb's video where he did that test?

I just tried TCR 0108 with SS316L it is actually much cooler than the preset SS316 which uses around 130 TCR

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The default TCR value for SS316L (and the one use in TC SS mode) is 92 not 130

Last edited:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The default TCR value for SS316L (and the one use in TC SS mode) is 92 not 130

I have not watched the video yet but it is impossible that the pre-set SS316 profile is set to 92, try it, set your M1 TCR to 0092 and set a specific temp say 200C or so, switch to SS316 profile take a hit, then switch to M1 take another hit, you will notice a huge difference, M1 being much cooler than the pre-set SS316.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The default TCR values for M1 M2 and M3 are just an initial number, they are not set to any specific metal, you are supposed to set them to whatever value you want based on the type of metal you use.
If you use regular TC SS it is set to 92.

iki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use SS316 mode with your SS coils and power mode with your Kanthal, SS works in power mode as well depending on your preference, if you want to use TCR with your SS316L you can try anything from 0088 to 0101, do you know how to setup M1, M2, M3 TCR values? personally i do not find TCR that useful with SS316L wire, either use it in SS316 mode or power mode, this gives good enough results.

Yeah, now im using in SS316 mode
510F , 80W .. And its performing really great. (Ss316L 24G wire)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The default TCR values for M1 M2 and M3 are just an initial number, they are not set to any specific metal, you are supposed to set them to whatever value you want based on the type of metal you use.
If you use regular TC SS it is set to 92.
NO, default SS316 pre-set is not 92, i asked you to go into TCR settings and set up the M1 for example to "0092" and then compare how M1 vapes (with 92 TCR setting) compared to the pre-set SS316 profile and you will find it VERY different.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
so i got my cuboid last week, today
I got my griffin RTA. And i put dual SS316L 24G coils. So you that have a cuboid or you that can answer my question, do i use my cuboid in TCR
mode or do i use it in SS316 mode?
Right now im using in TCR 160 , 430*F , 60W and 0.22 coil.
Please help me here, and also would like to know what mode i would use in kanthal A1 28G.
Thank you
So until my Cuboid was stolen, I was running it with SS-316L, .45 ohm, 38 watts, 420*F, and it was working beautifully with the default SS settings, I also did use it occasionally in TCR mode with the TCR set at 96. I got to 96 through playing around, starting at 88 and working my way up to 108, which is where I gave up. 96 was best for the flavor of one of my juices, so that is where I set it with that specific juice only. Play with the TCR and see where you end up, YMMV!

HTH

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use the Cubiod or any other mod with the standard TC SS setting and have wonderful results with your preferred temp and wattage and that's great, but the point is that if it's not accurate you think that your using the temp you set and actually firing at a lower of higher one.
If you then took a more accurate/properly set device for example a DNA200 device, you would feel a difference with the same settings.
That why you have TCR in the first place, so that you could fine tune your device.

VU Sponsors