Become a Patron!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a shoutout for fellow VU member @Spencer2011 . He's offered to assist me with my Custom Mod Stand, and has voiced that he'd like to start making and selling them in the future. This is to display a bit of his work, get him some feedback/ideas, and who knows, maybe you'll want a custom made stand too!

So, I've been having a little discussion with a fellow VU member @Spencer2011 about his 3D printing projects, following his thread asking about 510 thread sizes for a stand he was making for his buddy: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/diameter-of-a-510-tread-on-tanks-and-rdas.214113/#post-1018037

He's had his fingers in a few projects as of late, and has offered to assist me with my Custom designed Mod Stand. I've seen a few of his projects, and they're pretty well made, and he only keeps getting better.

Here's his first ever printed box:
IMG_2125.JPGIMG_2127.JPG

A little rough, but easily fixed with a bit of sanding, and I've definitely seen worse!

Now here's the little stand he made for his buddy:

IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2105.JPG

As you can see, it's much cleaner, no rough edges, nice size fitment, all-in-all a well done stand.

I have a rough design for a stand specific to the mods I have (seeing as how no stands available suit my particular needs), and he's offered to 3D print it for me (once we've refined and finalize the details and material costs).

This is the rough design (obviously not to proper scale) of how I want my stand designed, with dedicated slots for mods, instead of the one-size fits-all approach that most stands take (and very few stands have a proper slot for a Reuleaux).
CustomStandDesign.png

I'll keep this thread updated with the progress we make, as we get further along into this project.
Leave us some feedback, show us your own stand/accessory ideas/projects, let us know what you think, or if you're interested in getting one made for yourself!

Spencer2011

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey guys. Just a heads up. On the box mod he showed the black stuff is support material. I just haven't cleaned it off it. I have to drop it in a solution and I haven't yet. That black shit will not be there. Also if anyone has questions shoot me a message and I'll figure it out.

Personal Contact info Removed -VU Staff
Use the Private Message function on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spencer2011

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Also I took your photo and I'll have something for you by the end of the day.

Hey guys, I stumbled upon this thread looking for a mod stands and can't wait to see how the next one comes out! I'm interested in Having my own made if you are interested in taking on more projects.

VU Sponsors