Become a Patron!

Digi-Flavor Pilgrim RDTA...The Ultimate Combo?

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DigiFlavor is releasing a new RDTA that looks like the Medusa except a much, much deeper juice well. It has 4 mil juice cap and takes 810/Goon style chuff caps or use the adapter for 510's. I like the concept of dumping juice down onto the coils and it fill a tank at the same time cause I over-drip constantly! Single coil plug that's slanted to funnel the juice towards the tank, flat heads on the posts and 25mm make this seem like the got the total package. Any thoughts? There's more info here:

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Digiflavor-Pilgrim-GTA-Tank-SS.html
Screenshot_2017-05-12-00-01-25.jpg Screenshot_2017-05-12-00-00-23.jpg Screenshot_2017-05-11-23-59-53.jpg

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the looks of it for the most part. The first thing I'd do though, is throw away those flat head screws and replace 'em with allen screws. Other than that I think it'd fly. I do like the taller drip tip instead of the "shorty" type.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the looks of it for the most part. The first thing I'd do though, is throw away those flat head screws and replace 'em with allen screws. Other than that I think it'd fly. I do like the taller drip tip instead of the "shorty" type.
Ah heck you don't like flat heads? I've had some issues with allen keys and after a while they start slipping. But we all like different things and thats the beauty of it all! What do you think about the 360° gap all around the deck? I think the top cap section closes it off but im not sure.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah heck you don't like flat heads? I've had some issues with allen keys and after a while they start slipping. But we all like different things and thats the beauty of it all! What do you think about the 360° gap all around the deck? I think the top cap section closes it off but im not sure.

I have a lot of trouble managing flat or phillips screws because I have to work with one hand. I need to be able to stick the allen wrench in the screw and have it hang there so I can get another turn on it.

I'm not sure if I saw exactly what you're talking about or not, but if I did, then I'm thinking it'll make for easier and better wicking.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like flat heads the most tbh like the look of this one a lot !

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of trouble managing flat or phillips screws because I have to work with one hand. I need to be able to stick the allen wrench in the screw and have it hang there so I can get another turn on it.

I'm not sure if I saw exactly what you're talking about or not, but if I did, then I'm thinking it'll make for easier and better wicking.
I hear ya man thats a good point. Allen keys do stay in place pretty darn good and you cant do that with the other two. Yea I wasn't very descriptive with the deck thing. It has that gap all around the whole deck and some people think its gonna be a leak monster if you tip it too far. I think the top cap closes the open section off though..but I'm not sure. Thanks for the input man. This thread is so we can figure out if this thing is worth buying or not and your views are valued!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear ya man thats a good point. Allen keys do stay in place pretty darn good and you cant do that with the other two. Yea I wasn't very descriptive with the deck thing. It has that gap all around the whole deck and some people think its gonna be a leak monster if you tip it too far. I think the top cap closes the open section off though..but I'm not sure. Thanks for the input man. This thread is so we can figure out if this thing is worth buying or not and your views are valued!

It's really a good looking tank and 'appears' to be well made. I don't have personal knowledge of any tank like this but I suspect it will leak if you laid it on its side for whatever reason. I'm thinking the airflow cap is not gonna stop it from leaking through the airholes but, I could be wrong. The only tanks I have right now use factory coils and never leak.:)

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did some more digging and it turns out that the Pilgrim has an inner chamber similar to a regular rta making it nearly leak proof. Not 100% leak proof but more so than most other rdta's. The top cap screws down, locking the chamber over the deck, and when you fill juice in the top kidney shaped holes it will run down between the top cap and inner chamber down to the tank. Pretty neat design! It's very much like the Smok TF-RDTA design.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, that paints the horse a whole nuther color don't it? It's def a nice tank for sure. I've got my heart set on the medusa though, especially since MyVaporStore has 'em for 22 bucks. I'm not overly concerned with that other .5ml.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Instinctively frowned on the second photo. Genesis style tank with huge gap around the deck and a side airflow laying on its side, what could possibly go wrong?… :popcorn:

(we need a leaking tank emoji!)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Instinctively frowned on the second photo. Genesis style tank with huge gap around the deck and a side airflow laying on its side, what could possibly go wrong?… :popcorn:

(we need a leaking tank emoji!)

It's completely sealed when the top cap goes on Mike vapes has dropped a review on it now it's not the biggest deck in the world but look really good on my to get list for sure

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's completely sealed when the top cap goes on Mike vapes has dropped a review on it now it's not the biggest deck in the world but look really good on my to get list for sure

Heaven Gifts went ahead and sent me one of these for review and holy crap! First impressions on this thing: Flavor is stunning. I mean its really good. It doesnt leak whatsoever. Finally an rdta that you can tip and forget with no problems. Filling the tank is easy too. The deck is closed off within a chamber exactly like an rta...only the deck is on top. Juice runs down between the top cap and the inner chamber down to the tank and you can keep filling until juice is above the deck, all the way to the drip tip! Its really genius.

VU Sponsors