Become a Patron!

DIY Nic Salts.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This thread has been an extremely interesting read, but it's waaaaay too heavy for my hillbilly brain. I'll just stick to my normal liquid nic and be happy. :)

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
Hello Everyone,

So, I've been reading up on the thread since a few days.
Could use some help, Please let me know if my calculations are correct.

I have 200mg/ml (100% PG solution) freebase Nicotine from hiliq.

So in order to make 50 ml of 100mg/ml nic salts in 100% PG solution I would add.
1. 25ml of freebase nic (200mg/ml X 25ml = 5000mg/5g?).
2. 3.75g of BA (0.75 BA per gram of nic, so 5 gram in my case give me 5 X 0.75= 3.75).
3. 20 ml PG (Leaving 5ml room for increase in volume by BA ).

And the process I would follow is :
Add 3.75 g of BA in 20ml PG, heat it up to 60 degrees Celsius, let it mix up (stir it??). Then let it cool down and add 25ml of my freebase nic into it.

someone please tell me if this is the correct formulation?? I could really use the help.

Also, would it be possible to get a higher nic concentration by altering the proportion of the extra pg that I'm adding?? Like can i mix 3.75g of BA to 5ml of pg? Or maybe 1 ml of PG? that would result in something like 190mg/ml of saltnic. This would allow me to make VG heavy saltnic eliquids.

Thanks in advance.. :)

Anyone???
@GT_1955

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone who started and commented on this thread, it was quite interesting to read.

Last edited:
Need some help,
I have pure nic 20ml (1000mg/ml) and I want to make 100ml of 200 mg/ml saltnic base (25/75 PG/VG).
How much grams BA should I use?
How much grams pure nic?
How much grams PG and VG?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Need some help,
I have pure nic 20ml (1000mg/ml) and I want to make 100ml of 200 mg/ml saltnic base (25/75 PG/VG).
How much grams BA should I use?
How much grams pure nic?
How much grams PG and VG?
Thank you in advance!

Assuming your pure nic is pg based, here is what you need:

Nic - 10.36 g
PG - 15.54 g
VG - 94.58 g

Or:

Nic - 10 ml
PG - 15 ml
VG - 75 ml

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sorry. My brain isn't working right this early in the morning. I would rather you get somebody else's confirmation on this.

I wouldn't make up a litre to start with, without you ever having tried it.

If you refer to the JUUL patent, for every 1 gramme of nicotine you'll require 0.75g of BA for full conversion (or for every mg of nic, 0.75mg of BA, less if you don't want full conversion) so 100mg/ml nic base will require 75mg BA ... for every ml

So ... assuming you'll only make 100ml (of 100mg/ml) as a large trial, the following should be accurate:

50ml of VG0
40ml of PG0 (assumes the nic is counted as PG)
10ml of 1000mg/ml nic "base"
7.5g of BA (100ml x 100mg/ml x 0.75)

GT_1955,
If I'm gonna make a litre of 200mg/ml (100%PG), the mix would be like this, yes?

800ml of PG0
200ml of 1000mg/ml Free Base nic
150g of Benzoic Acid

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

Mc viper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone. I would like to ask your opinion:
The Blendfeel recipe involves making nicotine salts using salicylic acid. The percentages to be used are 54% nicotine and 46% salicylic acid. According to my calculations it corresponds to adding 0.85g of salicylic acid for every 1g of nicotine.
Are my calculations correct?
What do you think of salts obtained from salicylic acid?

So following on, the 10% BA base we made is 138mg/ml VG, and I assume you have 100mg/ml VG base nic., so for each ml of nic base you add will require 0.544 ml of 138mg/ml BA base (as these will be mixed in a 3:4 ratio). To understand the 0.544 figure, 0.544ml x 138mg/ml = 75mg of BA. 1ml of 100mg/ml = 100mg of nicotine and 75:100 is a 3:4 ratio.

Let me also assume you are to make 100ml (a nice easy figure for manual maths).
To get 36mg/ml, you'll add 36ml of 100mg/ml VG nic base.
From the above, you'll add 36 x 0.544 = 19.6ml of 138mg/ml BA base

This gives you 55.6ml of VG nic/BA mix to which you'll add 19.4ml of plain VG, total 75ml VG.
Add 25ml of PG, and you'll now have 100ml of 36mg/ml mixed at 75VG25PG with the correct % of BA added in accordance with the JUUL patent.
Hi GT!! I'm Holly, and I am a DIY'er in the states. I have read and re-read this whole thread so many times. First, thank you for sharing all this knowledge. We need it! For some reason, my brain is locking up on this whole deal, and I am desperately hoping that you can help me. I have a 125ml bottle of 4.8% freebase nic in PG. I figured that I would just convert it and then add it to my different freebase juices...but I keep going blank. For my final result, I would like to have a 50PG/50VG , and if I were buying a bottle of salt nic juice at the store, I would be asking for the 5%, or 50 %...however you look at it. That is why I have the 4.8% nic in PG solution. So 48 is close enough to 5%....I just want something in that ballpark. Can you please tell me how much BA I need to make the 10%solution, and then how much of it I should put into my 125ml bottle of 4.8% nic in PG base solution? I am at a stand still. And, God bless you!!! @GT_1955 If you would like to message me. PPSS I also ordered a digital PH tester from amazon that should arrive today. 12/23/2020 Thank you again so much!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hi GT!! I'm Holly, and I am a DIY'er in the states. I have read and re-read this whole thread so many times. First, thank you for sharing all this knowledge. We need it! For some reason, my brain is locking up on this whole deal, and I am desperately hoping that you can help me. I have a 125ml bottle of 4.8% freebase nic in PG. I figured that I would just convert it and then add it to my different freebase juices...but I keep going blank. For my final result, I would like to have a 50PG/50VG , and if I were buying a bottle of salt nic juice at the store, I would be asking for the 5%, or 50 %...however you look at it. That is why I have the 4.8% nic in PG solution. So 48 is close enough to 5%....I just want something in that ballpark. Can you please tell me how much BA I need to make the 10%solution, and then how much of it I should put into my 125ml bottle of 4.8% nic in PG base solution? I am at a stand still. And, God bless you!!! @GT_1955 If you would like to message me. PPSS I also ordered a digital PH tester from amazon that should arrive today. 12/23/2020 Thank you again so much!
I edited out your personal info (email) and added how to contact using the forum's private message (conversation) feature.
1608790872890.png

Also this thread is kind of older. Might want to try the DIY section.

VU Sponsors