Become a Patron!

Does everybody but me love the Profile RDA?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like how everybody has their own system to get their Profiles rockin'. I've only had mine two days. Yesterday I tried it a with one of those beefy 6mm Wotofo cotton laces. I clamped both sides down and fired the mesh a few times. Looked good so I twisted the cotton lace rope to compact it, and just laced it through. The stuff was in there tight. It wasnt squonking for shit so I put it aside.

Today I did the same as above but used some Cotton Bacon Prime. I laced some through but made sure it wasn't as tight as yesterday. I did the 45 cut and poked some of the tail under the mesh. NOW I can see why people love this thing. My wicking technique might need a few adjustments but this going good. The CB Prime gets soaked with a little press. Yesterday I was hard pressing (the squonk bottle) for seconds before I anything happened. I'm using OFRF nexMESH at 58W (Pico Squeeze 2) with the RDAs top row closed off. This is legit.
I've been trying to dial that in. Today I'm back to the SS 200 mesh. I think I've got it the best so far.
About 1/3 piece of cotton bacon to serve as a tampon on the bottom. Full rope of Rayon on top, cut and thinned to 1/2 by the time tails reach the deck. All my trim is on the bottom. Ends up with straight rayon fibers tail to tail across the top. Looks like troll ponytails before I turn tails down. Just the slightest squeeze on the bottle and juice oozes out of the mesh. Flavor, oh my.

Edit, looked back at those pics, I think I'm thinning the rayon more, cutting it shorter too. And sorry I'm repeating myself....:blah:

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
D133 is series?
Oops. Way too many things going at once here. No, of course it's parallel. It did burn within like the first half second I touched the button.

3.7 volts to that .13 Nexmesh coil is only about 100 watts. Shouldn't burn at all if juiced...
I may have actually still had the wotofo mesh in it back then. I only hit it that one time and took it off. I don't know. I can only tell you what happened. I wasn't thoroughly frustrated with it yet, so maybe it was drier than I thought. It was when I first got it.

Oh, I see. Soak it thoroughly with a Nexmesh coil, and try it again. It'll hit like a truck!
Yes, but I hadn't gotten to that point yet of just squonking it to death. Since then I have. This thread started long after that, when I had tried all the tricks that were commonly known by Profile owners.

I just now turned my Cut up to 90 watts after sqounking it flooded and it scorched the back of the throat. I'll have to change the wicking.

Last edited by a moderator:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I see. Soak it thoroughly with a Nexmesh coil, and try it again. It'll hit like a truck!
I keep reading these comments and thinking "it can't be that simple for this guy."

I have done what you're saying I don't know how many times. Maybe there's an evil spirit sabotaging my setup or something.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where are you guys getting this SS and Ni mesh?
I got my VV SS from slow boat fasttech. Lightning vapes, element vape are 2 stateside that I've seen, I'm sure there are more. Dunno bout the Ni.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You may be right. I have 6 Profile RDAs now, and love all of them!
I was enjoying it at 70 watts with Bob's bits. Not like you guys, but I was reaching for it quite a bit when I'm home.

It's killin me that I can't seem to be able to run it like you do for whatever reason. Jist killin me.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my VV SS from slow boat fasttech. Lightning vapes, element vape are 2 stateside that I've seen, I'm sure there are more. Dunno bout the Ni.
I have tons of nexmesh and wotofo mesh all KA1, but only that piece you sent me of SS and I still haven't tried Ni yet. This is becoming a personal nose to nose challenge between myself and mesh setups in the profile.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You just chuck it in there or what? Enlighten those of us who want a blow torch profile...

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You just chuck it in there or what? Enlighten those of us who want a blow torch profile...
It's the absolute perfect size of strips to fit in the Profile coil. No tearing off strips, rolling pads etc. Just twist one end and pull through. Cut ends at a 45 degree angle, fluff and tuck them in. Prime with juice, squonk, and vape like hell. Gimme a few minutes and I'll post some photos.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
Seen that at the store the other day...
6578c35bdeb6a48da51d411871861145.jpg

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone used a profile with the mesh on a mech yet? I've only used it in regulated power. Got another one in the mail today black with red tip. Thought about my minimal mod with kylo Ren door because the red matches. I bet that mesh will be hot as hell ya reckon

Sounds like a bad plan, man.

I’ve tried it in bypass mode on my Gbox, it hits at 120W and burns right away.

If you find a mech that puts out 45-55W it would be fine I guess...

Sent from Imperial Star Destroyer Executor

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a bad plan, man.

I’ve tried it in bypass mode on my Gbox, it hits at 120W and burns right away.

If you find a mech that puts out 45-55W it would be fine I guess...

Yea 8 got it sorted out earlier. Tried it on a recurve mod and was Ok but stays dryer due to high heat. Got in on one of my cut squonker now

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Where are you guys getting this SS and Ni mesh?

I ordered mine from GeekVape along with my Gbox squonker. The 150 SS mesh didn’t impress me, but the 100 Nichrome takes me to flavourtown, baby.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm tellin' ya. No matter what type of mesh you use, Datt White Stuff cotton makes wicking dummy proof!

I had hit or miss results with commercial cotton like CB and Native Wicks on my various builds.

Organic cotton gives me the best results. On the profile, a single sheet of 48 x 58mm organic cotton with top and bottom layers removed, rolled tight at one end, fluffed and cut straight gives me consistent results without burnt hits.

Gonna stick to this reliable formula.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had hit or miss results with commercial cotton like CB and Native Wicks on my various builds.

Organic cotton gives me the best results. On the profile, a single sheet of 48 x 58mm organic cotton with top and bottom layers removed, rolled tight at one end, fluffed and cut straight gives me consistent results without burnt hits.

Gonna stick to this reliable formula.

Nothing wrong with a formula that works. I'm trying to help my struggling friends. And Datt White Stuff does not compare to other commercial wicking cottons such as Cotton Bacon or Native Wicks. At least where the Profile is concerned. It is literally like it is made for the Profile. I know Wotofo actually does make cotton for the Profile, but it suck out loud compared to Datt White Stuff.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Has anyone used a profile with the mesh on a mech yet? I've only used it in regulated power. Got another one in the mail today black with red tip. Thought about my minimal mod with kylo Ren door because the red matches. I bet that mesh will be hot as hell ya reckon
I use them on my Furyan and on my Little Orca, both wide open.

85caf9b6749fd1bf193a83ce3ef6e6b2.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Well thanks to a very generous @Pastorfuzz I have some stainless steel mesh to try out.

It's a little harder to wick since it's not edged, I had to cut it down to fit and the cotton has to be put in with one side of the mesh open then the mesh is wrapped around the cotton and the other end fastened.
I used Cotton Bacon V2 full thickness, it was a tight fit but it does fit.

I like it, it comes out at 0.198 ohms.
TC and Replay on my Therion works great.
Awesome flavor!

f6d8abee9e92b3f479b108f9db665941.jpg

29fde9071d34a951b81e87559c9b10e5.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well thanks to a very generous @Pastorfuzz I have some stainless steel mesh to try out.

It's a little harder to wick since it's not edged, I had to cut it down to fit and the cotton has to be put in with one side of the mesh open then the mesh is wrapped around the cotton and the other end fastened.
I used Cotton Bacon V2 full thickness, it was a tight fit but it does fit.

I like it, it comes out at 0.198 ohms.
TC and Replay on my Therion works great.
Awesome flavor!

f6d8abee9e92b3f479b108f9db665941.jpg

29fde9071d34a951b81e87559c9b10e5.jpg

Some others (can't remember who) have posted that they cut notches out of the corners so it fits in the clamps but is full width above the clamp. I haven't tried that yet. I thought for a minute that I might like the nexmesh better, nah, SS is where it was at for me with coils, same for mesh. I used and loved replay on my Therion's using coils but the mesh is just so consistent it's like the same hit over and over no matter if in VW, TC, Replay.
Gotta luv it.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Some others (can't remember who) have posted that they cut notches out of the corners so it fits in the clamps but is full width above the clamp. I haven't tried that yet. I thought for a minute that I might like the nexmesh better, nah, SS is where it was at for me with coils, same for mesh. I used and loved replay on my Therion's using coils but the mesh is just so consistent it's like the same hit over and over no matter if in VW, TC, Replay.
Gotta luv it.
I'll have to try that next time.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently received the Profile as a gift and I'm having a love/hate relationship with it. I can only get 2 or 3 small pulls before I get burn taste. When it starts tasting burned I'll look at it and I swear it's completely saturated. I'm so far only using the cotton and mesh that came with it at 45w.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I recently received the Profile as a gift and I'm having a love/hate relationship with it. I can only get 2 or 3 small pulls before I get burn taste. When it starts tasting burned I'll look at it and I swear it's completely saturated. I'm so far only using the cotton and mesh that came with it at 45w.
Those Wotofo coils are not fantastic in my experience. I've got tubes of em! Tried one once, and yuck. The Nexmesh is far and away better in my opinion.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Sounds like you might be:

1. Getting hotspots due to a warped mesh

2. Have high spots on your mesh

3. Have too little cotton causing hotspots

4. Have unknown gremlins like OP causing months of horrible soul-destroying frustration leading to a life of drinking and bleak stares into the abyss of infinity while questioning the meaning of life

5. Some combination of the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome DonBaldy
55666-Lava-Path-Stairs-Lucifer-Hell-Purgatory-Heaven-735995.800w.tn.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am going to get one of these, for my Cut. if you guys don't buy em all first.

has anyone tried rayon in these ?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to get one of these, for my Cut. if you guys don't buy em all first.

has anyone tried rayon in these ?
I know someone has tried rayo. Can't remember who though. But they said rayon is the way to go in the profile. I'm gonna get some nexmesh or whatever it is. I get along fine with wotofo mesh but use cotton bacon to wick

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know someone has tried rayo. Can't remember who though. But they said rayon is the way to go in the profile. I'm gonna get some nexmesh or whatever it is. I get along fine with wotofo mesh but use cotton bacon to wick
BobsHere, not alone though can't remember who else...never tried cotton...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow.

I didn't get notifications for a lot of comments here.

The rayon and SS mesh I got from BobsHere has worked the best for me so far up to 70 watts. After that I got my usual burning.

I haven't gotten a chance to rewick it yet, so I have my rainbow profile back on the Cut with the 4mm single coil and I don't know what to say, I still like it better with a large higher resistance single.

I was enjoying the SS and rayon (with cotton in the bottom) setup though and plan to get it rewicked today and back in service.

For the record, there have been at least a dozen new threads in the last week over on Reddit with red faced guys arm wrestling with their new Profile. I don't feel so bad now. I would definitely never recommend this as a first RDA for somebody unless they are 50 watt and under vapers to begin with.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a big part of it is psychological for some reason, but the Profile seems to be made to order for the Desire Cut.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a big part of it is psychological for some reason, but the Profile seems to be made to order for the Desire Cut.
I have one on both cuts and a Topside. Much better on the cut than Topside. I love the Topside but probably need another rda for that one. Profile needs more juice than the Topside can provide for me. But now vaporoxx has 3 on the Topside. So I don't know

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am not a big wattage vaper, so I should be good. this would be for flavor. if I were not trying to save $, I would not even bother = I would just get retail coils, screw em in and go.

VU Sponsors