Become a Patron!

Does everybody but me love the Profile RDA?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm beginning to think maybe I'll just never be a mesh guy generally. I got my ORF Nexmesh in the mail, along with a pack of Wotofo's cotton for it. I wanted no lingering questions about my wicking maybe being my problem. The cotton that came with the rda was almost impossible to fit in the deck with the provided mesh strip. That's why I did my own, which was better, but still burned.

I have the nexmesh installed perfectly straight (I quadruple checked) using the tool provided and this specimen of the woto cotton was still super tight, but did go in, so I didn't need to mount the mesh strip one side at a time. Glowed fine.

I SOAKED this thing down. as in visible pools on top of the build and let it sit for a few minutes and repeat until juice was just about running through the airflow holes after sitting. All this after a good prime too btw.

Started at 50 watts and of course, no matter what they say, all cotton needs to break in. At least in my limited experience.

First hit, medium vapor production and new cotton taste. Let it sit for maybe 60 or 90 seconds.

Very next hit started to burn toward the end.

Sqounked some more until I could see juice seeping through the cotton under the mesh, same thing. 60 watts was immediate burning and now there is browning on the cotton.

I dunno.I like 3 to 5 second hard, high warm to hot pulls and I'm just thinking that mesh is simply not capable of that. Yes, I saw Grimm Green's video. Even he said though that he still prefers regular coils in it.

I pick up my Pulse dual with the Pulse 2 and I get 5 or 6 yummy juicy hits and then the flavor starts to gradually fade. Squonk it again were off for 5 or 6 more really good hits. With the Profile I'm sitting here with my eyes closed as I hit it, wondering how soon the burning will start this time.

I personally am NOT getting this rda. Am I the only one?

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
How much cotton are you stuffing down into the juice well?
It sounds like it's not wicking properly.
I have 4 of them and I absolutely love them.

Everyone has there own style of vaping but normally with a set of dual coils I usually vape between 50 and 55 watts.
With the Profile I find that to be way to hot for me, I have mine set at 45 watts and the flavor is as good or better than any dripper I own.
The profile heats up so fast that I start hitting it before I even press the fire button (almost at the same time).

I just squonked mine up on my Therion to test what you are experiencing and I got 8 good solid pulls before the flavor started fading but even then I got no burnt taste.

I had previously tried the DigiFlavor Mesh Pro and my thoughts were the same as yours, I put it back in the box and stored it away.
Then i started hearing how good the profile was so I thought I would give it shot and I was impressed.

This is the video I watched to wick mine, and by the way after watching this I dug the Mesh Pro out and gave it another shot. It actually works pretty good but not as good as the profile in my opinion.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape my profiles at 42 watts. Instant fire so maybe the longer pulls are thenissuet. I can only take a 2 or 3 second pull before it gets too warm

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much cotton are you stuffing down into the juice well?
It sounds like it's not wicking properly.
I have 4 of them and I absolutely love them.

Everyone has there own style of vaping but normally with a set of dual coils I usually vape between 50 and 55 watts.
With the Profile I find that to be way to hot for me, I have mine set at 45 watts and the flavor is as good or better than any dripper I own.
The profile heats up so fast that I start hitting it before I even press the fire button (almost at the same time).

I just squonked mine up on my Therion to test what you are experiencing and I got 8 good solid pulls before the flavor started fading but even then I got no burnt taste.

I had previously tried the DigiFlavor Mesh Pro and my thoughts were the same as yours, I put it back in the box and stored it away.
Then i started hearing how good the profile was so I thought I would give it shot and I was impressed.

This is the video I watched to wick mine, and by the way after watching this I dug the Mesh Pro out and gave it another shot. It actually works pretty good but not as good as the profile in my opinion.

I have not been doing it that way. I was doing it the way DJLSB Vapes was doing it, who couldn't be a bigger fan of this atty. I did try a few other things myself. The way the video says is my next stop.
profile_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape my profiles at 42 watts. Instant fire so maybe the longer pulls are the issue. I can only take a 2 or 3 second pull before it gets too warm
I've been thinking maybe I just pull too long for any mesh setup. Gadget's video is something I haven't tried yet.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'all know how hard it is to cut that cotton diagonal? Ha ha. I always end up pulling it out the other side. Doh

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I wicked it Wotofo's way and it's not burning so far. It also has no flavor whatsoever, but the cotton is brand new. It tastes like cotton and air flavored juice.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to put this thing away again and revisit it at some later date.

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I had the same issue with it burning after a few puffs, and I like the long pulls as you do, same problem. Then I pulled the ceramic piece out and threw in a fused clapton. All good since then, just have to squonk every 5 or 6 puffs.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Sqounked some more until I could see juice seeping through the cotton under the mesh, same thing. 60 watts was immediate burning and now there is browning on the cotton.

Because of the layout of mesh, and the fact that it’s not a tube that your cotton fits inside but a semicircle that the cotton must touch evenly, you have to be very careful when shaping and inserting your mesh.

In my experience, what you described happens when there’s a kink in the mesh, creating a high point on your semicircle. Sometimes you’ll see this kink as a hotspot when you glow the mesh. This happened to me on my 2nd build with Wotofo mesh, even though I used the included mesh rod. It just bent in one spot instead of rounding evenly, and that was the end of it. If this happens, throw out the mesh sheet and start fresh, there’s no way to bend it perfectly back into shape.

Another point to watch out for is mounting. One you get your mesh sheet properly rounded, it’s very easy to mount it crooked by a few mm causing the mesh to sit warped across the posts. With the Wotofo mesh, there are actually edges on the two ends of the mesh, and you can line these up in your post clamps visually to be sure your mesh is nice and flat.

Think back to coil building, our first several coils were all wonky. For the longest time I was overwicking my coils and getting dry hits. There’s a learning curve to mesh, too.

It’s worth it, though. In my experience so far, mesh is simply the very best option for flavour.

Sent from the Star Destroyer Executor

I didn't like the mesh at all.
i prefer this single coil monster I have rocking
View attachment 129131

I’ve had Wotofo’s Nichrome clapton coil in my Profile for the past few weeks or so, waiting on my mesh order, and even with a regular coil, I’m getting better flavour from my Profile at lower wattage than any of my other RDAs. I love this RDA.

Ok, I wicked it Wotof's way and it's not burning so far. It also has no flavor whatsoever, but the cotton is brand new. It tastes like cotton and air flavored juice.

Are you priming and oxidizing your mesh before wicking it?

Recently I’ve also been using that Russian trick of juicing the cotton, letting it soak, firing it at 30W and igniting it with a lighter and letting it burn for 3-4 seconds and then blowing it out. Apparently this breaks the cotton in, helps with wicking and I’ve noticed it burns off any cotton stragglers fuzzing up around your build. Gets rid of that new cotton flavour.

Last edited by a moderator:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you priming and oxidizing your mesh before wicking it?

Recently I’ve also been using that Russian trick of juicing the cotton, letting it soak, firing it at 30W and igniting it with a lighter and letting it burn for 3-4 seconds and then blowing it out. Apparently this breaks the cotton in, helps with wicking and I’ve noticed it burns off any cotton stragglers fuzzing up around your build. Gets rid of that new cotton flavour.

Not to be rude or unappreciative friend, but please read my original post. :)

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Not to be rude or unappreciative friend, but please read my original post. :)

I did. Even if you’re using Nexmesh, the burning you’re experiencing may be caused by hotspots. It could also be a wicking related issue as someone else pointed out. Maybe to do with combing out your cotton. When I combed out my cotton on my first build I cut off quite a bit of fluff that I imagine might have otherwise caused juice flow issues.

Personally, I found the Wotofo cotton worked great and actually I’ve had a hard time finding the right amount with organic cotton. I’ll try to find the right amount when I receive my mesh...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked for and did everything you said with extreme care. I have now followed Wotofo's own recommendation for wicking with their own cotton to a tee. There are no hot spots when I glow it and the strip is dead on straight.with no bends.

I was hopeful for a minute, but then the burning started again, even at 50 watts. This is on a Desire Cut.

I will continue to be open to suggestions, but as of right now, this thing is causing me more aggravation than it's worth. I have plenty of new stuff to keep me busy for a while. I would never fault anybody for their preferences, but until something changes, this will not be one of mine.

This atomizer is far too loved and decorated to be anything but great. For some reason it just doesn't like me.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm beginning to think maybe I'll just never be a mesh guy generally. I got my ORF Nexmesh in the mail, along with a pack of Wotofo's cotton for it. I wanted no lingering questions about my wicking maybe being my problem. The cotton that came with the rda was almost impossible to fit in the deck with the provided mesh strip. That's why I did my own, which was better, but still burned.

I have the nexmesh installed perfectly straight (I quadruple checked) using the tool provided and this specimen of the woto cotton was still super tight, but did go in, so I didn't need to mount the mesh strip one side at a time. Glowed fine.

I SOAKED this thing down. as in visible pools on top of the build and let it sit for a few minutes and repeat until juice was just about running through the airflow holes after sitting. All this after a good prime too btw.

Started at 50 watts and of course, no matter what they say, all cotton needs to break in. At least in my limited experience.

First hit, medium vapor production and new cotton taste. Let it sit for maybe 60 or 90 seconds.

I dunno.I like 3 to 5 second hard, high warm to hot pulls and I'm just thinking that mesh is simply not capable of that. Yes, I saw Grimm Green's video. Even he said though that he still prefers regular coils in it.

I pick up my Pulse dual with the Pulse 2 and I get 5 or 6 yummy juicy hits and then the flavor starts to gradually fade. Squonk it again were off for 5 or 6 more really good hits. With the Profile I'm sitting here with my eyes closed as I hit it, wondering how soon the burning will start this time.

I personally am NOT getting this rda. Am I the only one?
I had this issue when I first got it as well. I was so used to putting less cotton in my other rda's not more. The answer is more cotton. If you do not have enough cotton, no matter how much juice you dump on there, you won't get anything but burn. The spring has a good amount of give in it, you need enough cotton in there to make sure that when your cotton sags from juicing that it still stays pressed up against the coil. It sounds like you are just getting dry hits.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am vaping at 80W on a Recurve Squonk. The atomizer is made for squonking.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 49

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I checked for and did everything you said with extreme care. I have now followed Wotofo's own recommendation for wicking with their own cotton to a tee. There are no hot spots when I glow it and the strip is dead on straight.with no bends.

I was hopeful for a minute, but then the burning started again, even at 50 watts. This is on a Desire Cut.

I will continue to be open to suggestions, but as of right now, this thing is causing me more aggravation than it's worth. I have plenty of new stuff to keep me busy for a while. I would never fault anybody for their preferences, but until something changes, this will not be one of mine.

This atomizer is far too loved and decorated to be anything but great. For some reason it just doesn't like me.

Ok. If possible, bring your entire setup including:

Mod
Batteries
All your mesh sheets
Plenty of cotton
Your tools
A lucky charm

To your local vape shoppe that sells and knows how to build the profile and ask for a tutorial. Good vape shoppes will gladly do this for you. Helps to call ahead to figure out a good time.

I think this oughta solve any remaining issues we may have missed and I’m quite curious to know what we missed.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has gotta be it. Just as with saggy tits, when cotton sags, so too, nobody wins.

Yes, no one likes saggy tits. Saggy cotton, saggy pants, saggy ass. It's just a bad look. It sounds to me like he probably doesn't have enough cotton and is thinking it's not enough juice. So he is juicing the hell out of it and the weight of the juice combined with not enough cotton is dropping the spring and keeping the cotton away from the mesh and he is burning straight coil.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. If possible, bring your entire setup including:

Mod
Batteries
All your mesh sheets
Plenty of cotton
Your tools
A lucky charm

To your local vape shoppe that sells and knows how to build the profile and ask for a tutorial. Good vape shoppes will gladly do this for you. Helps to call ahead to figure out a good time.

I think this oughta solve any remaining issues we may have missed and I’m quite curious to know what we missed.

My friend I have been to every Vape shop in the Detroit Metro area and I can tell you a few things with confidence.

I have never seen the profile for sale in any one of them and I doubt if the vast majority of personnel I've met there would even know what that is. I'm being quite serious.

I can count on WAY less than one hand the people I've met who work in them who have ever built or wicked a single coil in their life.

Only the Wotofo video has brought anything not thoroughly covered in my original post. I have meticulously covered every other base that has been brought up here.

I have used the Wotofo cotton designed by them for this rda using their method on 2 installed razor straight, not bent, cleanly glowing strips. One of theirs and one of Orf's. The Wotofo provided wick is skin tight in the mesh, but not over stuffed or too loose in the wells. There is no sagging. I fully understand the principles at work here.

At this point I am inclined to believe that mesh strips are simply not suited to the way I personally like to vape and there is no more wrong with that than there is the vast multitude for whom it is.

I am NOT one of these guys who thinks anything they don't like is a piece of crap. It maybe not being for me should have no effect on your or anybody else's enjoyment of it. I hope it doesn't and you won't see me around talking about how bad it is and by implication therefore how stupid anybody is who likes it. That is no part of my thinking at all.

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At this point I am inclined to believe that mesh strips are simply not suited to the way I personally like to vape and there is no more wrong with that than there is the vast multitude for whom it is.

I am NOT one of these guys who thinks anything they don't like is a piece of crap. It maybe not being for me should have no effect on your or anybody else's enjoyment of it. I hope it doesn't and you won't see me around talking about how bad it is and by implication therefore how stupid anybody is who likes it. That is no part of my thinking at all.
I don't think anyone was saying that was the case, only trying to be helpful. I am wondering if you just got a faulty piece of equipment because when my cotton is fully juiced i can chain vape on that thing for like 5 or 6 hard pulls and not get a burnt hit. The only other thing I can think that may help is this.

SO - when you wick your coil you have a straight piece of cotton going across, but the way the RDA is designed you really need it to be thickest in the middle and then taper off on the sides so you can tuck your cotton. What i usually do here is tuck the bottom of the cotton into the juice well and trim the top. I just give it a haircut. THEN anything remaining i take my tweezers and tuck it up under the mesh on both sides. This prevents any sagging on the sides. The real reason I would like to help you solve this problem is that I know how amazing the flavor and hit and basically everything about the profile is, i'd hate to see you not figure it out and miss out on such a great vape experience.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do appreciate everybody trying to help me. Truly I do.

If there's something left to figure out, which there very well may be, it's going to have be at a later date. I am not enjoying laboring over this particular rda at this time. It's become a source of aggravation and frustration, especially since I had a specific use I had hoped to put it to. I can't think straight about a hobby if I'm not enjoying it.

Anybody should feel free to add any other observations and suggestions if they are so inclined. When I get the itch I'll revisit it again.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I do appreciate everybody trying to help me. Truly I do.

If there's something left to figure out, which there very well may be, it's going to have be at a later date. I am not enjoying laboring over this particular rda at this time. It's become a source of aggravation and frustration, especially since I had a specific use I had hoped to put it to. I can't think straight about a hobby if I'm not enjoying it.

Anybody should feel free to add any other observations and suggestions if they are so inclined. When I get the itch I'll revisit it again.
Well I e read this whole thread and I think I got it figured out. I think you’re getting hotspots, did you pulse to see if it was glowing even?????? Just kidding, I know a lot of people vape it at 40 something watts as do I. You said you start at 50. When I go that high it gets too hot. I think mesh just doesn’t mesh, pun intended, with your vape style. I take 2 second top hits at 46 watts. Seems you like more watts and longer pulls which probably doesn’t work well with mesh. Sucks because I love this thing. Airflow is perfect for a restricted pull and smooth as hell with the honeycomb holes. It a shame you can’t partake in its tastiness. At least there is plenty of other atomizers that work quite well. Better luck next time.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just took it off the Desire Cut, which I REALLY thought it might be perfect for. Squonked another 5 dollars worth of juice into the cotton and slight burning at the end of the hit. After the holiday sales, I have atomizers I haven't even taken out of the box and put coils in yet. This one has lost my attention for now. I'll come back to it at some point, but it's just not worth it right now.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know you've beat it up and put it on the back burner....
I built mine 1st time today. I used rayon, did the 45 degree angle cut, guess that's the pancake method (?) Only I cut it in reverse, long tails on top short on bottom. I also stuck a strip of cotton on top of the clamp, it swells as the rayon shrinks.
I clamped one side, stuffed full piece of Rayon rope on cotton strip then clamped other side.
Mod at 40 watts, big giant dense flavorful clouds no matter where I set that smooth airflow...kicks ass. May be a little cool for some, haven't pushed any higher yet. Going to try SS 200 on next build.

Disclaimer; I built using tips gathered from all the fine folks here on various threads. I'm not that smart. Sorry I can't remember who to credit for what tip but thanks if it's yours...

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just took it off the Desire Cut, which I REALLY thought it might be perfect for. Squonked another 5 dollars worth of juice into the cotton and slight burning at the end of the hit. After the holiday sales, I have atomizers I haven't even taken out of the box and put coils in yet. This one has lost my attention for now. I'll come back to it at some point, but it's just not worth it right now.

I have attys I’m looking to trade if you like:

Wasp nano. (black)
TFV8 Cloud Beast (stainless)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillon2692

Member For 1 Year
gsmit1 sorry tt hear about all the troubles your having. I would like to ask though do you know the metal the mesh is made of? Have you possible tried to find another wicking material instead of cotton?

Dillon2692

Member For 1 Year
Also for anyone out there that may know could I solder two legs on a flat piece of mesh and put it in the deck just like a reg. coil. The mesh rta's have clamps instead of post holes so the mesh sheet os not useable. Also wanted to know if you could make measurements with a micrometer and cut a section out between the post holes and make the legs of the mesh so thin that when you clamp them they won't touch the deck and ground out

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also for anyone out there that may know could I solder two legs on a flat piece of mesh and put it in the deck just like a reg. coil. The mesh rta's have clamps instead of post holes so the mesh sheet os not useable. Also wanted to know if you could make measurements with a micrometer and cut a section out between the post holes and make the legs of the mesh so thin that when you clamp them they won't touch the deck and ground out
Just saw this.

I don't think I would want solder on my coils. Somebody else is welcome to disagree (I doubt it), but I know I won't be doing it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't even want to try this because it's not what this rda is really for right? I wanted so badly to love mesh.

I must say though that with this 4mm twisted 26ga 316L coil, this thing is awesome. .45 cold and 50 watts. Speaking only for myself, it's a billion times better than any of the 6 or 7 mesh setups I tried.

I don't think mesh and I were meant for each other. Again speaking only for myself, it's ALOTTA trouble and a cold boring vape at best.
20190131_145851_cr.jpg

Dillon2692

Member For 1 Year
Just saw this.

I don't think I would want solder on my coils. Somebody else is welcome to disagree (I doubt it), but I know I won't be doing it.

Touche..........shot myself in the foot with that one vaping solder........... That wasle me to this question how do the get the leads on the mesh for the sub ohm coils? How would they get those + and - legs attached to the mesh with vape compatible wire? Maybe the idea was premature..........we have a FTA....... Maybe they could be stitched together with a few good weaves of like 40ga kanthal?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Touche..........shot myself in the foot with that one vaping solder........... That wasle me to this question how do the get the leads on the mesh for the sub ohm coils? How would they get those + and - legs attached to the mesh with vape compatible wire? Maybe the idea was premature..........we have a FTA....... Maybe they could be stitched together with a few good weaves of like 40ga kanthal?
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking? Are you looking to make legs to put on a mesh cylinder and then slide cotton through the cylinder of mesh? Like a mesh tube?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, don't vape solder dude. I know there's tin and sometimes lead in there. No good. I can guess, but I don't actually know how mesh strips are made.

The subhom coils I've seen have the wire kinda crimped in places that it will be held in circuit, so no soldering or anything. Can't speak for all of em though and there are folks around here who know far more than I do. :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking? Are you looking to make legs to put on a mesh cylinder and then slide cotton through the cylinder of mesh? Like a mesh tube?
I think he means using mesh in a different regular rda that uses regular coils.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh. Lol. I couldn't picture it. I would not do that. Especially with solder. Solder has a very low melting point. Running that much power through it probably will melt it, to begin with, and maybe ruin your atomizer. Second, there is a reason that they make RDA's specifically for mesh, I would avoid trying to Mcguyver anything like that.

Dillon2692

Member For 1 Year
This is more of an idea Im throwing around in my VERY low functioning cranium.......lol....but really this is my general thought using #500 titanium mesh wrapped up like a notch coil kinda sorta and obviously you would need two legs and then you put the cotton in as normal. Sounds crazy it is and so am I lol......... And I gave talked to another company about wicking matetial bamboo fiber and wood pulp 60/40.......lmk what you think guys

Dillon2692

Member For 1 Year
Oh. Lol. I couldn't picture it. I would not do that. Especially with solder. Solder has a very low melting point. Running that much power through it probably will melt it, to begin with, and maybe ruin your atomizer. Second, there is a reason that they make RDA's specifically for mesh, I would avoid trying to Mcguyver anything like that.

Definitely not going to rig anything I like my lungs and my face though if it did get melted/blown off everyone else could finally open their eyes

I'm just throwing throwing ideas around her honestly innovation comes from tinkering and continuing on through the failures. Being persistent and what's the bad/good of the idea and nornally if you do something innovative is because ideas have been bounced so all around or you just know your shit because of many years of experience.

Another just quick question. How many of the 28mm qp design fatality rta's (limited edition) were produced in that one run?

Last edited by a moderator:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another just quick question. How many of the 28mm qp design fatality rta's (limited edition) were produced in that one run?
If anybody knows stuff like this, you're much more likely to get answers if you start your own thread HERE :)

Dillon2692

Member For 1 Year
When I get everything orchastrated I'll send you some pics. If everything works out and this works it'll be amazing. Thanks again for the info and if the idea throughly works and only if it throughly works I'll be sure to send you 5 or 10 coils to Sample if you woodw like. And I'm talking about making these coils for a rta and made for temp control only but I'll give out the tcr and melting point and temperature at which toxic chemical levels increase to that of unsafe. It's my way of saying thank you for being kind enough to point me in the right direction.

I’m also about ready to give up the mesh. I just am not getting it. I wicked this this morning and it’s starting to look like this. I’ve probably blown through 8 strips Of cotton in the past 2 weeks. I’ve done tons of research and tried everything but it’s just still not working.

On this particular wicking I added a spring to the center ceramic to make it tighter. I also added an extra piece of cotton to the ceramic base to push the main piece more. Also did the “pancake” method as shown on the Wotofo video.

Attachments

• 5614B5F0-7C8F-4A79-BA61-B94845FD2226.jpeg
    5614B5F0-7C8F-4A79-BA61-B94845FD2226.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 41

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m also about ready to give up the mesh. I just am not getting it. I wicked this this morning and it’s starting to look like this. I’ve probably blown through 8 strips Of cotton in the past 2 weeks. I’ve done tons of research and tried everything but it’s just still not working.

On this particular wicking I added a spring to the center ceramic to make it tighter. I also added an extra piece of cotton to the ceramic base to push the main piece more. Also did the “pancake” method as shown on the Wotofo video.
Do you like pretty long, fairly warm to hot puffs?

Do you like pretty long, fairly warm to hot puffs?

I would say 3 second long puffs? According to wotofo he’s getting like 70 puffs per squonk. I hardly believe that. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I even tried the put the cotton in first, then put the mesh around it. But still.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't like the mesh at all.
i prefer this single coil monster I have rocking
View attachment 129131
I had the same issue with it burning after a few puffs, and I like the long pulls as you do, same problem. Then I pulled the ceramic piece out and threw in a fused clapton. All good since then, just have to squonk every 5 or 6 puffs.
No doubt about it for me. I may eventually order another one .No foolin. It's that good with a big ol single coil. Still not super warm, but warm enough, no burning and THE FLAVOR! I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say 3 second long puffs? According to wotofo he’s getting like 70 puffs per squonk. I hardly believe that. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I even tried the put the cotton in first, then put the mesh around it. But still.
You must be remembering wrong my friend. NO build will give anybody 70 hits per squonk. Maybe not even 70 per bottle.

About the 3 second mark is where the burning started for me, even at low wattage and after visibly submerging the strip and cotton in juice. Tried everything you see in this thread.

VU Sponsors