Become a Patron!

Don't buy from @BigBird he will string you along

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm leaving negative feedback for @BigBird. This member sold me his MCM SSSP mod December 31st. He was selling it with 2 21700 batteries and a Carnage RDA. After PayPal funds were sent he stated he didn't have money to ship the item. I PayPal 8 bucks so he could ship.when the item arrived there were no batteries and no Carnage RDA. He said he couldn't ship batteries by mail. Ok, I can live without batteries but where is the RDA? After several pm's and b.s. promises to send it I said look you can keep it but 20 bucks seems like a fair price to reimburse for the missing goods. More b.s. promises. I then sent a PayPal request for $15 to @BigBird, he said the money would be here Tuesday. I said OK but if it isn't here you leave me no option but to leave you negative feedback. So here is the option he left me with. Never got screwed over on VU till @BigBird came along. Nice cookie tin you shipped the mod in by the way, but next time clean the cookie crumbs from it and don't use a greasy shop rag to wrap the mod in.
I'm done with your B.S.

Last edited by a moderator:

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the sale that went south with me as the buyer.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wtf is goin on with VU people lately? 3rd person i hear with a bad experience.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Definitely a new phenomenon

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's trying to sell a few more items in the Hardware section. I would comment on his posts but I'm not. Might break VU stalking policy.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No need to stalk. But talking about this in the vape mail thread wouldn't be stalking and will still b seen by a lot of members. Js

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uhm he had no money to ship it, then why put it up for sale? And you paid him, so he did have money.

And BS on the batteries, as long as packed fine, then wouldn't be a problem, what a douche.
Douche is being nice. Post office will ship batteries but ground only, you have to let them know there are lipos in the box.
If I knew it was ok to attach screenshots of our pm's, but right now the way I have to look at it is he will not play another VU member. Consider it money well spent to help skim the scum.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's trying to sell a few more items in the Hardware section. I would comment on his posts but I'm not. Might break VU stalking policy.
I'm not so sure this counts as stalking and here's my reasons why:
-VU has a long standing policy that mods and owners are not to get involved in trade disputes. We are 'trade at your own risk'
-If you go into a trade listing from someone with a great history you will see a lot of people posting 'great trader' or 'buy with confidence' based on previous experiences. What you would be doing is no different than that if you warned people of a bad experience.

Personally if I were to be involved with someone in a trade or a purchase and someone else had recently had a bad experience I would want to know.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm leaving negative feedback for @BigBird. This member sold me his MCM SSSP mod December 31st. He was selling it with 2 21700 batteries and a Carnage RDA. After PayPal funds were sent he stated he didn't have money to ship the item. I PayPal 8 bucks so he could ship.when the item arrived there were no batteries and no Carnage RDA. He said he couldn't ship batteries by mail. Ok, I can live without batteries but where is the RDA? After several pm's and b.s. promises to send it I said look you can keep it but 20 bucks seems like a fair price to reimburse for the missing goods. More b.s. promises. I then sent a PayPal request for $15 to @BigBird, he said the money would be here Tuesday. I said OK but if it isn't here you leave me no option but to leave you negative feedback. So here is the option he left me with. Never got screwed over on VU till @BigBird came along. Nice cookie tin you shipped the mod in by the way, but next time clean the cookie crumbs from it and don't use a greasy shop rag to wrap the mod in.
I'm done with your B.S.
It sucks having to post something like this but glad you did, hopefully it will save someone else from getting shafted.

Shitty deal man, sorry this happened. Integrity and honesty seems to be lacking around here lately with a select few.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had some asshole on Reddit tell me continuous lies. I hate that. Just tell me the truth so I'm not waiting for something that isn't coming.
That sucks, I hope you didn't get taken for much?

Reddit is a different animal imo, I think of VU as more of a tighter community and generally feel pretty confident making deals here.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sucks, I hope you didn't get taken for much?

Reddit is a different animal imo, I think of VU as more of a tighter community and generally feel pretty confident making deals here.
Not much. It's when I was hunting for my elusive black Elder Dragon. I made a post in the classifieds over there. Some guy claimed to have one and only wanted $18. I should've known better but I really wanted that RDA.

Another posted saw my post and said his local shop was expecting Elder Dragons. He didn't ask for anything, and bought one for me and sent it. I mailed him back with a bunch of stuff I'd gotten for cheap. It was a mod, RTA,RDA, and a few other things. I still mail him coils for being a good guy.

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not so sure this counts as stalking and here's my reasons why:
-VU has a long standing policy that mods and owners are not to get involved in trade disputes. We are 'trade at your own risk'
-If you go into a trade listing from someone with a great history you will see a lot of people posting 'great trader' or 'buy with confidence' based on previous experiences. What you would be doing is no different than that if you warned people of a bad experience.

Personally if I were to be involved with someone in a trade or a purchase and someone else had recently had a bad experience I would want to know.
I gave him the benefit of doubt. He turned the screw slowly with every P.M. Sending him shipping was my faith in humanity( or was I grabbing for the end of the rope).

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My experience:
He lowballs you.
I literally told him to GET LOST!
I gave him 2 more chances.
He strings along the "inquiry".
He never follows through.

Opinion:
I can't post it. I'll get thrown in the brig.

Sorry for your grief, Hawk. I'm glad you posted. And @bx10r , you rock! 👍

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's an update. Since I posted this the seller sent 20 bucks to my Paypal. He asked I remove his negative feedback and do not buys from his other sales. I have a saying F' me once shame on you, F' me twice shame on me. So I stand on my decision to leave my feedback as it stands.. I'll leave it to the VU community to make their own decision.

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it were me I MIGHT remove the negative rating if he were to admit fault and provide explanation with financial compensation for monies owed. Also for @BigBird to do so publicly in open forum. MAYBE.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I disagree. According to OP he was given chances to make it right before the negative review was left. If it gets removed now there is nothing there to warn anyone else.

I don't think he wants to address this publicly as he's logged in a few times since this thread was created. Besides, he doesn't owe a public explanation if he doesn't want to give one. He will however need to deal with the consequences of his actions.

I see a lot of "you're mailing first and I'll pay once I receive everything" in his future.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was getting very close to buying that mod from him. I am glad that I didn't, but at the same time I am also sorry to hear that @hawkwind5usa had this bad experience.

Don't retract the neg feedback. That will only put other members in danger of having more problems such as this one. He knew what he was doing when he did it, and to a respected member here. He needs to bear the eternal mark of shame for what happened. Good on you hawk, for bringing this to all of our attention.

Thank you for looking out for the rest us with this thread.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And do we honestly know he didn't do this to a member already and they didn't say something .I for one look through the sale gear all the time I see a new member trying to sell that I'll be saying something ..

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems he has to have seen this thread because he was around over the weekend.

1614352530709.png

VU Sponsors